81 years ago today

So, now that we've acknowledged that banning things because we don't like them simply doesn't work...

...perhaps one of the irrational gun-haters here can explain why banning firearms will work great.
Since you mostly kill yourselves, and people close to you, we don't care that much, but when guns are illegal just having one, when you aren't in uniform, will be a death sentence. Works out just fine,
demhistorycopy9ti.jpg
Hey dumbshit, learn math.

What is Constitutional is decided by the Supreme Court, not by a 230 year-old document.

How does one determine what is constitutional without referring to the Constitution itself?
PMH just admitted that, like all libturds, he doesn't care what the Constitution says. These are the same morons marching in the street because the cops supposedly violated some guy's constitutional rights.
Hey dumbshit, I care what is constitutional more than I care what is in the Constitution. It was written before man new that germs caused disease after all you fucking moron.

In other words, you don't care what the Constitution actually says. We've already established that fact.

What is Constitutional is decided by the Supreme Court, not by a 230 year-old document.

How does one determine what is constitutional without referring to the Constitution itself?
PMH just admitted that, like all libturds, he doesn't care what the Constitution says. These are the same morons marching in the street because the cops supposedly violated some guy's constitutional rights.
Hey dumbshit, I care what is constitutional more than I care what is in the Constitution. It was written before man new that germs caused disease after all you fucking moron.

In other words, you don't care what the Constitution actually says. We've already established that fact.
I care more what the Supreme Court has to say, since they define what is and isn't constitutional. Unlike you, I live in the real world not some imagined version of 1789.

On Dec. 5, 1933, the state of Utah ratified the 21st amendment to the Constitution, giving the measure the 3/4 of the states needed to make it part of the Constitution, and repealing the 18th amendment (Prohibition of alcohol).

Thus ended the biggest liberal do-gooder attempt to use government to save U.S. citizens from themselves. Such attempts didn't resume until the passage of Social Security, years after the initial passage of Prohibition.

The only difference between the two programs was that the government acknowledged the Feds didn't have the authority to prohibit alcohol, so they passed the 18th amendment give themselves that authority. But to pass the equally-unconstitutional Social Security program, they simply lied and called it a "tax program", though it was far more than that. The charade of Social Security legality remains to this day.
You think Prohibition was the brainchild of liberals? LMAO
Seriously, these people make this stuff up as they go along.

I care more what the Supreme Court has to say, since they define what is and isn't constitutional. Unlike you, I live in the real world not some imagined version of 1789.

Yes, you've already admitted it: you don't care what the Constitution actually says.

No liberal had a damned thing to do with Prohibition, it was what passed for social conservatives in those days trying to save us from sin.
Democrats never want to take the blame for anything. They'll come up with nonsense that it was social conservatives doing it. If it was congressmen who wore bow ties instead of neckties, they'll use that excuse. They just don't want to take the blame for slavery, Jim Crowe laws, segregation, prohibition, busing riots in Boston, voting against Civil Rights Act and voting for the biggest nanny state program, Obamacare.

The 21st amendment was not opposed by liberals, it was social conservatives (particularly in the south) that were against it. Hence the list of states that did not ratify the 21st:
  1. Georgia
  2. Kansas
  3. Louisiana
  4. Mississippi
  5. Nebraska
  6. North Dakota
  7. Oklahoma
  8. South Dakota
  9. North Carolina
  10. South Carolina
All southern, socially conservative states (and the Dakotas, who were also socially conservative)
All Democrat States, except maybe for Kansas.

Yes, you've already admitted it: you don't care what the Constitution actually says.

No liberal had a damned thing to do with Prohibition, it was what passed for social conservatives in those days trying to save us from sin.
Democrats never want to take the blame for anything. They'll come up with nonsense that it was social conservatives doing it. If it was congressmen who wore bow ties instead of neckties, they'll use that excuse. They just don't want to take the blame for slavery, Jim Crowe laws, segregation, prohibition, busing riots in Boston, voting against Civil Rights Act and voting for the biggest nanny state program, Obamacare.
At the very least spell the damn thing right. Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Our Constution doesn't tell us how to live, nor does it micro manage us. That's why it will never be out-dated. Your " they didn't know about germs" excuse to disregard our Constitutuin is typical liberal nonsense.

At the very least spell the damn thing right. Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Sorry, a cherished Democrat institution no doubt is why it upset you when I misspelled it.

Our Constution doesn't tell us how to live, nor does it micro manage us. That's why it will never be out-dated. Your " they didn't know about germs" excuse to disregard our Constitutuin is typical liberal nonsense.
Our constitution is 230 years old, and long overdue for serious updates. Stop living in the past, times have changed and so have the needs of the people. It was never meant to be an eternal guide. The people who wrote it knew that so why the hell don't you?

Sorry, a cherished Democrat institution no doubt is why it upset you when I misspelled it.
Southern and you obviously have no clue what it really was and who implemented it. It wasn't by the people who vote for my party, they are in the east, north, and west, not the south. Those are your kind, the ****** haters.

I did not say "democrats" I said "liberals", no doubt many democrats had a hand in prohibition but as you should already know the parties of the day were mostly divided geographically rather than ideologically. Both parties had liberal and conservative wings and generally worked together much more than today. The fact that an amendment was passed so quickly is proof enough of that.

Yes, you've already admitted it: you don't care what the Constitution actually says. Why does it bother you when I say it? You just admitted it.

Our constitution is 230 years old, and long overdue for serious updates. Stop living in the past, times have changed and so have the needs of the people. It was never meant to be an eternal guide. The people who wrote it knew that so why the hell don't you?

It's not a guide, nimrod. It's the law of the land. If you want to change it, the Founding Fathers provided a mechanism for that. Using the court to interpret it out of existence isn't what they intended.

So, exactly what changes would you like to make to it?

The 21st amendment was not opposed by liberals, it was social conservatives (particularly in the south) that were against it. Hence the list of states that did not ratify the 21st:
  1. Georgia
  2. Kansas
  3. Louisiana
  4. Mississippi
  5. Nebraska
  6. North Dakota
  7. Oklahoma
  8. South Dakota
  9. North Carolina
  10. South Carolina
All southern, socially conservative states (and the Dakotas, who were also socially conservative)
All Democrat States, except maybe for Kansas.

Party titles mean nothing. It was social conservative that started prohibition and it was social conservatives that were against ending it.

It's not a guide, nimrod. It's the law of the land. If you want to change it, the Founding Fathers provided a mechanism for that. Using the court to interpret it out of existence isn't what they intended.

It would be faster to say what changes wouldn't I make to it. 230 fucking years later you bozo, and they never expected the government to last anywhere near that long.

And let's start with equality, real equality for everyone. Then this whole State versus Federal nonsense. Done with, we are one nation. One election law, one Photo ID, one NATION, period.

Proportional Representation in the House and for President at LEAST!

It would be faster to say what changes wouldn't I make to it. 230 fucking years later you bozo, and they never expected the government to last anywhere near that long.

And let's start with equality, real equality for everyone. Then this whole State versus Federal nonsense. Done with, we are one nation. One election law, one Photo ID, one NATION, period.

So what changes would you make to implement "real equality," abolish the takings clause to the federal government could loot the wealthy?

As for the "State versus Federal nonsense," go fuck yourself. That's been an obstacle to government expansion, which is a good thing.

The claim that "we are one nation" means only that you want the government to force into the heard. No thanks.

Forum List

Back