9 reasons Denmark's government/economy is better than the US's

So you see success and just write it off?

Write it off?

how the fuck could we apply any of that to America?

We're massive and our governance structure is very different. 900 dollars for tuition in the American education market? How far is that going ot get you?

Oh that's the American way, it's impossible.

I think we should look at what they are doing and possibly take from it. It is free college plus $900. Think any student would be happy with that

Free anything is worth exactly what you pay and is appreciated just as much.

Yes it is so bad they are the happiest country in the world.
Happiness is 100% subjective

I would not be happy with a 56% tax rate, a 25% sales tax, a 27% municipal tax etc which boils down to the government not me determining my quality of life

Maybe you would so feel free to move

So getting more for your money would make you unhappy. That is funny.

3) Denmark is the happiest place on Earth
Like little children in a nursery school, the happy Danes frolic about while Mommy and Daddy keep away the realities of the world from them so they can enjoy themselves.

Don't worry, little Danes. America will do all the heavy lifting and grownup work and keep you safe and sound in your little cocoon.

Our military has done a great job bringing peace to the Middle East...

Red Herring moron.

Let's drop NATO and the Danes.....when we bail them out again...they'll get a huge bill.

When is that going to happen?

Its way subjective. Like a lobster boiling in a pot, they don't know how much their life sucks because they don't know anything else.

Like you Billy...

They seem to have a lot of things that would make me happy.

Seriously, what good is a lot of free time, if you cannot afford to do anything but sit at home?

I'm sure they have plenty of money. They are saving on healthcare and college and retirement.

and paying it all in the additional exorbitant taxes

They are probably getting a much better deal than us. Look at how many go deeply in debt here to go to school.

The thing you fail to realize is that no one has to get into debt to go to school. You can go part time and pay as you go. That's how I graduated with no debt. So what if it took me an extra year I had far more work experience.

And there's also the fact that not everyone needs to go to college

Write it off?

how the fuck could we apply any of that to America?

We're massive and our governance structure is very different. 900 dollars for tuition in the American education market? How far is that going ot get you?

I think we should look at what they are doing and possibly take from it. It is free college plus $900. Think any student would be happy with that

I would not be happy with a 56% tax rate, a 25% sales tax, a 27% municipal tax etc which boils down to the government not me determining my quality of life

You have to prove I would get more for my money.

What would happen is I would have less so you could have more

Seriously, what good is a lot of free time, if you cannot afford to do anything but sit at home?

I'm sure they have plenty of money. They are saving on healthcare and college and retirement.

They are probably getting a much better deal than us. Look at how many go deeply in debt here to go to school.

The thing you fail to realize is that no one has to get into debt to go to school. You can go part time and pay as you go. That's how I graduated with no debt. So what if it took me an extra year I had far more work experience.

That used to be how you could do it. Cost of school is becoming too much for that now. Wages are stagnant. Cost of school skyrocketing.

You have to prove I would get more for my money.

What would happen is I would have less so you could have more

Look at all the benefits. We get nothing compared to them and our country is deeply in debt.

Why? That tax is buying healthcare, education, and pension. Most would be better off.

Yeah most people would be better off with a 25% sales tax, state city and town taxes as well as a very high federal tax

No thanks I'd rather make my own decisions about my life. But if you want to be someone's pet feel free to move to Denmark, little sheep

For their tax dollars they are getting a much better deal.

No they are just paying more so the government can tell them how to live

...or, the way they want to live is identical with the policies of the government they put in place.

Yeah they voluntarily gave up their rights to choose the life they live and would rather let the government do it for them. If you want to do that feel free to move
A subjective interpretation if ever there was. My post merely suggested that the system imposed upon the Danes was imposed by THE DANES. They, and the people in most of the other European countries with similar systems voted repeatedly, over generations now, for the systems they have. They do not think of it as 'the government telling them how to live'. If you automatically associate authoritarianism with their form of government, that's your definition, but it is by no means 'objective reality'.
Further, where did I say anything about liking their system or not?
As for moving, earth is my physical home and there are no plans to depart.

That used to be how you could do it. Cost of school is becoming too much for that now. Wages are stagnant. Cost of school skyrocketing.

you still can

Yeah most people would be better off with a 25% sales tax, state city and town taxes as well as a very high federal tax

No thanks I'd rather make my own decisions about my life. But if you want to be someone's pet feel free to move to Denmark, little sheep

...or, the way they want to live is identical with the policies of the government they put in place.

Yeah they voluntarily gave up their rights to choose the life they live and would rather let the government do it for them. If you want to do that feel free to move
A subjective interpretation if ever there was. My post merely suggested that the system imposed upon the Danes was imposed by THE DANES. They, and the people in most of the other European countries with similar systems voted repeatedly, over generations now, for the systems they have. They do not think of it as 'the government telling them how to live'. If you automatically associate authoritarianism with their form of government, that's your definition, but it is by no means 'objective reality'.

Which is why I said they voluntarily gave up their right to choose and let the government choose for them instead.
People can choose to live in bondage if they want to

Which is why I said they voluntarily gave up their right to choose and let the government choose for them instead.
People can choose to live in bondage if they want to
This is entirely true. One expression of freedom is surrendering it consciously and willingly.
Religion has similar attributes. Some people regard marriage this way, both seriously and jokingly.
I think we would agree that, for it to have validity in an existential context, the key is one's doing it with a clear mind.

you still can

Why the Student Loan Crisis Is Even Worse Than People Think

you still can

The student loan "crisis" exists because the government decided to guarantee student loans and make money off of the people stupid enough to take them

you still can

The student loan "crisis" exists because the government decided to guarantee student loans and make money off of the people stupid enough to take them

Yes has nothing to do with the increasing costs of college. You live in a hole?

you still can

There are still plenty of options for affordable college. State Colleges, community colleges etc

All of them allow part time students and all the fees are spelled out quite plainly. Anyone can afford to go to college part time if they want to. People still do it today. Night classes, summer semesters, pay as you go. It might take you a little longer but so what?

So average college course is $31k... What were you doing at work?

you still can

There are still plenty of options for affordable college. State Colleges, community colleges etc

All of them allow part time students and all the fees are spelled out quite plainly. Anyone can afford to go to college part time if they want to. People still do it today. Night classes, summer semesters, pay as you go. It might take you a little longer but so what?

Thats the thing about Europe... Mainly the best universities are free (next to free).. They are usually entry by ability first...

So private colleges find it hard to compete... Employers know that the best students went to the free universities...

It is a huge leveller in society... You will find very working class accents becoming surgeons or lawyers... I.T. is littered with guys from rough backgrounds, they are usually very popular to work with because we know they didn't get a silver spoon to get where they are... They worked for it...

Never heard of going part time?

The first 2 years of credits can be taken anywhere and most colleges will accept the transfer.

Or you could do what some people like me did and work a full time night job and go to school during the day.

It is not impossible in fact it is very doable IF you do it

The first 2 years of credits can be taken anywhere and most colleges will accept the transfer.

Or you could do what some people like me did and work a full time night job and go to school during the day.

So people can afford it if they take forever to graduate. I fail to see how that is better. The job options without a degree are pretty aweful.

Last edited:

You see that is the thing... We do courses in Europe which actually mean full time...

It was impossible to do my course in university and work even a part time job.. By the way I was doing Actuarial Maths and Statistics which had an average workday of 14 hours a day..

You might have done a phone in course but people who believe in proper education know top courses need full attention..

Sounds like the poor are getting hosed. No wonder we have fallen behind in upward mobility.

Since family income has been flat since 2000, students must either borrow more to pay for college or enroll in lower-cost colleges. That shift in enrollment, from private colleges to public colleges and from four-year colleges to two-year ones, has also been responsible for a decline in bachelor’s degree attainment among low- and moderate-income students.

Forum List

Back