9 reasons Denmark's government/economy is better than the US's

Denmark's personal income tax rate is 56%
The sales tax is 25%
Denmark Personal Income Tax Rate | 1995-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar

If you want the government to take 56% of your income and pay 25% more for everything then feel free to get your ass on a plane and go.

People have a problem with the government taking their money, and would rather pay double for something, than have the govt take the money and pay for it.

It's quite bizarre.

People are accepting of the corruption in healthcare, simply so the govt doesn't get involved. They'll pay quite a of their money towards this, more than most people in other countries will pay in taxes for their healthcare.

Pay double for what?
I never paid exorbitant health insurance premiums until I had to start paying for all kinds of shit I don't need or want

The less of your own money that you are allowed to keep means you are less able to make your own choices and the government makes them for you.
You lose control over your own life.

You really have no clue how universal healthcare works...

Lets us explain... The Government offers a basic healthcare package which will cover basic hospital care, drugs & extensive primary care (GP Visits)... It is basic and you pay a bit and there is waiting lists on issues that not life threatening...

We also have top up health insurance... This offers practically no waiting lists, private room, better choice of doctors....

So you get a choice... If the insurance company try any funny shit you have a safety net and the government can go after your money... So insurance companies are more likely to pay...

My insurance is about $100 a month in Ireland.

YEah and what percentage of your income is taken in taxes?

In this country my health insurance was never unaffordable. In fact I called it downright reasonable until the fucking government told me I had to pay for coverage I do not need do not want and will never use

The less of your own money that you are allowed to keep means you are less able to make your own choices and the government makes them for you.

If you are losing control of your life because you pay taxes, that would make you a real head case. Wtf.

You really struggle to make it don't ya?

It's the extent of the taxes Moron. A 56% top rate, 27% city, 25% sales tax in Denmark. If you think all those taxes give people more choices and more control then you must have had a pretty serious blow to the head

If you don't realize that your money gives you the option to make decisions about your own life and the more of your money the government takes the more it restricts that ability then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought and that's saying something

graduated with my first BS in the top 10% of my class. Flew through a second BS and got an MBA my diploma is the exact same one all those other kids got but mine said Cum Laude

LMAO. From the time you graduated up to the present, someone stole your education. Matter of fact, they got into your head and stole your common sense as well.

You learn everything you wanted to know about flat tax in college? Lots of good that has done you. Lmao.

Now you need to post tax returns and diplomas. Some people might not believe what you claim.
You first

Oh that's the American way, it's impossible.

I think we should look at what they are doing and possibly take from it. It is free college plus $900. Think any student would be happy with that

Free anything is worth exactly what you pay and is appreciated just as much.

Yes it is so bad they are the happiest country in the world.

What say we have a happiest city in the world contest....

Or happiest state....after all, about half our states could kick Denmark's ass by themselves (they are bigger).

What does that even mean?

Think about it chuckles.....

Why don't we rate states from 1 to 50 the same way. Why can't states work towards what the OP is espousing without dragging the rest of them along ?

Half our states are larger than Denmark.

The Fed collects the bulk of taxes.

If you are losing control of your life because you pay taxes, that would make you a real head case. Wtf.

It's the extent of the taxes Moron. A 56% top rate, 27% city, 25% sales tax in Denmark. If you think all those taxes give people more choices and more control then you must have had a pretty serious blow to the head

If you don't realize that your money gives you the option to make decisions about your own life and the more of your money the government takes the more it restricts that ability then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought and that's saying something

It might. The poor now don't really have many options. Affordable healthcare, education, and retirement would really benefit them.

It might. The poor now don't really have many options. Affordable healthcare, education, and retirement would really benefit them.

define "the poor"

We have safety nets already those aren't going away

define "the poor"

People who can hardly afford healthcare so they don't have options. People who can't hardly afford education so they don't have option. People who can't afford to save for retirement.

and it's not an outrageous claim to have more than one degree

What is outrageous is to make claims on a message board that you can't or won't back up.

Who gives a flying fuck what you claim? Your claims are used against you.

An educated person usually doesn't give opponents ammo. But you do. And you claim to be not only a super successful businessman, but now claim to be highly educated.

I am just not seeing or believing what you claim. Not that it matters a damn what you say or I believe.

define "the poor"

People who can hardly afford healthcare so they don't have options. People who can't hardly afford education so they don't have option. People who can't afford to save for retirement.

So you mean the ones already taking advantage of the safety nets we have in place

and it's not an outrageous claim to have more than one degree

What is outrageous is to make claims on a message board that you can't or won't back up.

Who gives a flying fuck what you claim? Your claims are used against you.

An educated person usually doesn't give opponents ammo. But you do. And you claim to be not only a super successful businessman, but now claim to be highly educated.

I am just not seeing or believing what you claim. Not that it matters a damn what you say or I believe.

I'll say whatever the fuck I want. IDGAF if you believe it or not because I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else

define "the poor"

So you mean the ones already taking advantage of the safety nets we have in place

Those are very weak compared to Denmark.

48% of the countries GDP comes from taxes. Cars are taxed at 180%. 25 days vacation as compared to the US 16 days isn't a big deal.

The use of anti-depressants is much higher than the US and England.

I like our system better.

define "the poor"

So? They are there and people use them.

And really do we have to get into the whole if you really wanted to make more money you could argument again?

define "the poor"

Ahh, we don't live in Denmark, there is a reason.

Just think that could have bought you a whole week's worth of Ramen noodles

The second most stupid thing that you do on a message board is called projecting.

Of course the first most stupid thing you do is make claims you can't or won't prove.

But when you make assertions about shit of which you know nothing (like about me or anyone else) it really makes you sound pathetic.

I don't even like Ramen noodles.

define "the poor"

So? They are there and people use them.

And really do we have to get into the whole if you really wanted to make more money you could argument again?

The fact is we have growing inequality, stagnant wages, and a shrinking middle class. Healthcare and college costs are through the roof. Many aren't able to save for retirement. It is quite possible a system like Denmark would benefit us and actually give more people options.

Forum List

Back