9 truths about Muslims in America

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
They are a minuscule portion of the U.S. population

Most are better educated than most Americans

They generally have more gender equality (in the U.S.)

Some have been here since the birth of the nation ...

Some are as religious as Christians ...

... but most are not as dogmatic as they are portrayed

There have been Muslims involved in terrorism ...

... but they've also spoken out against it

Full story @ 9 truths about Muslims in America

(Article did not include that they probably own or work in the most convenience stores (7/11 etc) in America) :rolleyes:

(Article did not include that they probably own or work in the most convenience stores (7/11 etc) in America) :rolleyes:

An interesting article

It's difficult to come by hard numbers because the U.S. Census doesn't collect religious data. But the fear of Muslims taking over and imposing Sharia law is unfounded. By some estimates, Muslims make up less than one percent of the U.S. adult population. By 2050, their numbers will grow — to 2.1 percent. Of all the Muslims in America, 63 percent are exactly the kind Trump wants banned — immigrants.

U.S. Muslims have the second-highest level of education among major religious groups in the country; Jews have the highest. And a greater proportion of them have college degrees than the general U.S. population.

While in many parts of the Muslim world, women are confined to second-class status, that's not the case among American Muslims. Virtually all of them, 90 percent, agree that women should be able to work outside the home. American Muslim women hold more college or postgraduate degrees than Muslim men. And they are more likely to work in professional fields than women from most other U.S. religious groups.

Scholars estimate about a quarter to a third of the Africans brought to the United States as slaves were Muslims. Most were then forced to convert to Christianity.

... and many are not just clustered in big cities

American Muslims live in cities big and small all across the United States. The first mosque built in America was in, of all places, Ross, North Dakota, back in 1929.

The general perception of Muslims has one thing right: Most Muslims are very religious. About half say they attend the weekly Friday prayers. But that makes them similar to Christians: About 70% of Christians say religion is important in their lives, and about 45% go to a weekly service.

Much has been made about fundamentalist Muslims and their strict interpretation of the Quran. But most American Muslims are different. A Pew religious landscape survey found that 57% of American Muslims say there is more than one way to interpret Islam's teachings. A similar number say many different religions can lead to eternal life.

From Sept. 11, 2001, until the end of 2014, 109 Muslim-Americans plotted against targets in the United States. And terrorism by Muslim-Americans killed 50 in the same time period. Contrast that with the deaths from other mass shootings just last year: 136 -- more than twice as many as all the deaths from 13 years of Muslim-American terrorism.

After every terrorist attack at home and abroad, the refrain rises, "Where is the Muslim condemnation?" American Muslims have spoken out -- and done much more. A Duke University study found more terrorism suspects and perpetrators were brought to the attention of law enforcement by members of the Muslim-American community than were discovered through U.S. government investigations. And a Pew survey found that roughly half of U.S. Muslims say their religious leaders aren't speaking out enough against Islamic extremism.

How many on food stamps?

They don't get violent and demanding until their numbers start growing. Look at Europe.

Germany has the biggest population of Muslims in Europe. What do you know about our not existing problems what I don't know? I met in my life never a violent Muslim.

During the time period referenced in the chart (FY2008 to FY2013), the United States admitted 115,617 refugees from the Middle East and granted asylum to another 10,026......

That's enuf for me.....

There are also two groups of Muslims in the US

Those who immigrated from other countries and Black Muslims

Our Muslim immigrants and their children tend to be highly educated, family centered and law abiding
Black Muslims tend to be converts to Islam and are recruited in poor urban communities and prisons. While they may have more conflict with the law, they are also more law abiding than others in similar circumstances

Black Muslims tend to be converts to Islam and are recruited in poor urban communities and prisons. While they may have more conflict with the law, they are also more law abiding than others in similar circumstances
WTF is that supposed to mean? They're criminals but they're "law abiding" criminals?

WTF is that supposed to mean? They're criminals but they're "law abiding" criminals?
To some in prison...

Becoming a Muslim reforms them

To some in prison...

Reforms them into a terrorist?

To some in prison...

Reforms them into a terrorist?

?

They don't get violent and demanding until their numbers start growing. Look at Europe.

Germany has the biggest population of Muslims in Europe. What do you know about our not existing problems what I don't know? I met in my life never a violent Muslim.

What's the name of the german zoo where this news came from? Sure we have some problems because more then a million refugees came to Germany within the last few months. But as far as I can see the situation is in most cases not so bad as we could expect.

Last edited:
There are also two groups of Muslims in the US

Those who immigrated from other countries and Black Muslims

Our Muslim immigrants and their children tend to be highly educated, family centered and law abiding
Their stock really took a hit when they stopped them from selling those bean pies. That's when it really crystalized into some prison shit.

What's the name of the german zoo where this news came from? Sure we have some problems because more then a million refugees came to Germany within the last few months. But as far as I can see the situation is in most cases not so bad as we could expect.

Not so bad if you're a muslim.

Not so bad if you're a muslim.

You don't know a lot about the german mentality. "Not so bad as we could expect" is quite okay. No one here expects normally wonders. Sure it's not nice that so many people drive crazy at Christmas in the moment but I would feel much more comfortable if I would know that every child in Germany gets a nice present at Christmas 2015 - wether it is a Muslim or not I don't care. But if I think about the stories I heard about the time after world war 2 and if I think about the stories I will hear in some years then my eyes are full of tears. The good thing: hate is not able to swim in such tears. So you don't touch me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back