92-2 SENATE votes for show of support for NATO before Trump touches down

An evenly split Senate who can't agree on SHIT takes an out of the blue unannounced resolution in support of NATO as Trump heads to meet with them. Hummmm....

Gee, I wonder who voted AGAINST.

Senate votes to support NATO ahead of Trump summit | TheHill

Who cares, a vote to “show support”? Doesn’t mean shit.

Nothing but fake news, all the time; if it's critical of Trump, some morons will post it, no matter how pointless and irrelevant the innuendo is.

Does anyone know what NATO means? North Atlantic Treaty Organization, did you note it has treaty in it's name? Trump is demanding member countries who are bound by the treaty, actually fulfill their obligations under the TREATY. Exactly what is controversial about that, several presidents have made the same demands, Trump is simply being more forceful, with an intention of actually getting results.
If that is what Trump was actually doing and his intent, there would be nothing wrong with it. NATO nations started paying more when Obama asked them to. But it looks like Trump is wildly lashing out with a childish temper Tantrum. For the good of the nation and the world, he needs to resign

Sticks and carrots, something you simple minded un-American tards don't seem to understand. Other feckless presidents have made the same demands and all they gave us was the finger. Trump doesn't play that shit. Sit back, shut up and reap the rewards.

I'll take the FECKLESS ones who gave us the finger over this slimey narcissistic lying incompetent whore-dog with zero character and even less decency.

Get back to me when you learn to read.

Well from what I'm seeing on the news it has worked and much of the expanded military spending by the other countries will be used to buy US military hardware. If you think that doesn't help the US, well, that just makes you a fool.

So all of a sudden what is in the news is not fake? Wow! How can you tell the difference?

Run along freeloader, Trumps tactics have been successful, sucks to be you I guess.

the freeloaders are the ones Trump pardons LOL

That's not the context in which you brought the topic up, freeloader. LMAO

Sticks and carrots, something you simple minded un-American tards don't seem to understand. Other feckless presidents have made the same demands and all they gave us was the finger. Trump doesn't play that shit. Sit back, shut up and reap the rewards.
I reckon these people don't like winnin', Tex.

Even the General Secretary of the NATO thanked Trump for his leadership on getting members to pay up.

Who were the 2 that didn't support NATO?

Somebody named them somewhere, but Rand Paul is the only name I remember, and MCCain is locked away in some loon tank somewhere, and I don't recall the other name. It should in this thread somewhere.

Trump believes acting like a tough guy (which he is not - draft dodgers are not) makes him a winner. It's all about optics with that turd.

Does anyone know what NATO means? North Atlantic Treaty Organization, did you note it has treaty in it's name? Trump is demanding member countries who are bound by the treaty, actually fulfill their obligations under the TREATY. Exactly what is controversial about that, several presidents have made the same demands, Trump is simply being more forceful, with an intention of actually getting results.
If that is what Trump was actually doing and his intent, there would be nothing wrong with it. NATO nations started paying more when Obama asked them to. But it looks like Trump is wildly lashing out with a childish temper Tantrum. For the good of the nation and the world, he needs to resign

Sticks and carrots? Don't confuse negotiation with bullying. Trump is no Teddy Roosevelt. For one, Ted actually volunteered to fight for America and never claimed to be a big tough athlete with bone spurs

Trump blackmailed his old bankers

quote:
Perhaps the Trump book to read these days is his 1997 memoir of life as a near-bankrupt, “The Art of the Comeback.” The author is feisty, but he’s also wounded. He has bluffed and bargained his way back from the brink. And he made a lot of enemies in the process. Many of his former lenders mistrust him. In the book, he’s already hanging out with Russian, Chinese and Arab big shots who may be able to recapitalize his business.

“I took tremendous punishment as I watched my empire collapsing around me. . . . It crushed my ego, my pride,” he says of his 1990 risk of personal bankruptcy. Trump survived through a combination of bluster and sweet talk. He warned his lenders that he could tie them up for years with lawsuits and bankruptcy proceedings. But instead, he offered the bankers a deal: If they provided an additional $65 million line of credit and backed off for five years, he’d pay them all back. They agreed, and Trump floated back to prosperity during the boom of the 1990s. - end quote

Being a freeloader, I am sure you would hit a pay wall :5_1_12024:

Opinion | Trump is scarred, prickly and needy

WHAT a stupid fuck you are!!! "REMEMBER THE MAINE!!!!" indeed......

(snicker)

Sticks and carrots? Don't confuse negotiation with bullying. Trump is no Teddy Roosevelt. For one, Ted actually volunteered to fight for America and never claimed to be a big tough athlete with bone spurs

Trump blackmailed his old bankers

quote:
Perhaps the Trump book to read these days is his 1997 memoir of life as a near-bankrupt, “The Art of the Comeback.” The author is feisty, but he’s also wounded. He has bluffed and bargained his way back from the brink. And he made a lot of enemies in the process. Many of his former lenders mistrust him. In the book, he’s already hanging out with Russian, Chinese and Arab big shots who may be able to recapitalize his business.

“I took tremendous punishment as I watched my empire collapsing around me. . . . It crushed my ego, my pride,” he says of his 1990 risk of personal bankruptcy. Trump survived through a combination of bluster and sweet talk. He warned his lenders that he could tie them up for years with lawsuits and bankruptcy proceedings. But instead, he offered the bankers a deal: If they provided an additional $65 million line of credit and backed off for five years, he’d pay them all back. They agreed, and Trump floated back to prosperity during the boom of the 1990s. - end quote

Being a freeloader, I am sure you would hit a pay wall :5_1_12024:

Opinion | Trump is scarred, prickly and needy
great post

I heard it was 97 - 2. GOP Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.) and Mike Lee (Utah) voted against the measure.

Then there is one missing. We know how John would vote

Thanks!! That was actually a typo. I knew it was almost unanimous and I figured McCain didn't vote.

Shit, I don't think you could get 97 of them to vote on ordering pizza for lunch these days!

They also voted nearly unanimously to prevent Donald Trump from lifting sanctions against Russia - both in the House and the Senate. Trump was not happy about signing the bill and did so under protest. He had no choice because more than 2/3 of both the House and Senate had voted for it.

I heard it was 97 - 2. GOP Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.) and Mike Lee (Utah) voted against the measure.

Thanks!! That was actually a typo. I knew it was almost unanimous and I figured McCain didn't vote.

Shit, I don't think you could get 97 of them to vote on ordering pizza for lunch these days!

They also voted nearly unanimously to prevent Donald Trump from lifting sanctions against Russia - both in the House and the Senate. Trump was not happy about signing the bill and did so under protest. He had no choice because more than 2/3 of both the House and Senate had voted for it.

Most were just anti-Triump, and didn't do it for principled reasons, much like yourself and your parroting of Party lines. Others were just concerned about losing military hardware sales, is all.

And Trump ignored it...

Lol....what you forget about that part?

And Trump ignored it...

Lol....what you forget about that part?

I didn’t forget it. Or how long it’s taken him to institute newly imposed sanctions, if ever.

Most were just anti-Triump, and didn't do it for principled reasons, much like yourself and your parroting of Party lines. Others were just concerned about losing military hardware sales, is all.
you should be horse whipped (metaphorically speaking) for mentioning 'principles' and 'Trump' in the same sentence LOL

your analysis is so biased and partisan it is almost unbelievable

Forum List

Back