🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

You know i have you wedged. You can't prove a bloody thing and you know it. If there were I've been warned he would strike me dead for mocking him. Hello. I'm still here.
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary evidence.
Youve been conned son.
Where shall we send your free condom?

You guys are in it for the prize. You proudly say so. It's in your instruction book. You preach it in every church every Sunday.
Are you in every church on every Sunday?

Most Christian sects teach eternal life--i.e., an everlasting life. Jesus taught this life was at hand--or in reach of everyone right here, right now.

No one has to die to enter eternal life. Everlasting life existed before our birth, and others have entered into before us. We want to living eternal life right here, right now, every moment of our life on earth.

This is why Buttercup--and so many of us--would choose to live by Biblical teaching even if we were to exist a short time.

Are you in every church on every Sunday?
Are you saying every church on Sunday does NOT preach eternal love and salvation?

I don't think you are. I think you agree with me. 100%

It's a fine prize, like I said. Why so embarrassed to admit all this?

You proudly say that's why you are in it. No?

Is it the cheese and crackers? The ice cream socials?

Come on guys. Stop being so thin skinned and slippery.

Youve been conned son.
Colin, you have settled on the physical world, made of matter. This means things can be measured, variables can be controlled, and proof can be made. You are a settler of this physical world--nothing wrong in that.

People of faith are the explorers, the pioneers, willing to reach out further than the physical and explore what is beyond matter. We should not be mocked any more than ancient explorers who braved sea, space, wilderness. The naysayers of those times also predicted that death is all that one would meet over sea, in space, or in the wilderness.

We are delving into a realm that is beyond matter, beyond measurement. We can return with testimony, with truth--but we will never be able to return with matter than can be measured.

Are you saying every church on Sunday does NOT preach eternal love and salvation?
I am saying each Sunday we are taught to live each moment of the day in love, loving God, loving others. We have been redeemed, we are living lives of salvation that continue into eternity. We are reminded of that each Sunday.

I am saying each Sunday we are taught to live each moment of the day in love, loving God, loving others. We have been redeemed, we are living lives of salvation that continue into eternity. We are reminded of that each Sunday.
You avoided the whole eternal life thingy there.

Stay slippery, my friend.

...but you would not be Christian. You wouldn't believe a single word of it.

You might be hust a deist, or just a theist. Or, infinitely more likely, you would find a religion that DID promise the special forever prize, and take your God talents to that Miami Beach of religions.

You guys are in it for the prize. You proudly say so. It's in your instruction book. You preach it in every church every Sunday.

I mean, it's a fine prize. I can understand the enthusiasm.

Wow. I guess I overestimated you. Even though I said "Of course you wouldn't understand any of this," a part of me was hoping that I was wrong about that. I wouldn't have taken the time to write out my previous post if I thought you were completely hopeless. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I did that for you, but you didn't do the same for me... so unfortunately I gave you too much credit.

But since I'm very patient, I will say this in a different way. Eternal life in and of itself is not the "prize." Being in a beautiful place in and of itself is not the "prize." Riches and crowns and things like that in and of itself is not the "prize." The "prize" is being in a loving relationship with GOD, our Creator - the greatest thing in all of existence! And that is the reason we were created in the first place. To know God, to love and be loved by God. What good would eternal life be without God? That is actually what hell is, eternity without God. So that right there proves that eternal life in and itself is not what it's about. Now you know.

*forever

You can't sidestep it all night.

I already addressed that. Even if it was temporary, even if it was only for our limited time here on this earth, it would STILL be worth it to me, and to billions of other believers. For the reasons I mentioned, and many more. I've been on here way too long, gotta go.

You know i have you wedged. You can't prove a bloody thing and you know it. If there were I've been warned he would strike me dead for mocking him. Hello. I'm still here.
Youve been conned son.
I just finished acknowledging that nobody can prove the existence of God. But likewise, nobody can prove the non-existence of God, either. So, once again, you crow over nothing. You don’t have me wedged on anything.

It’s impossible for a dope like you to wedge anybody.

All I’ve contended (correctly) is that it is possible for God to exist. And you’re not able to “prove” your belief that He doesn’t. You’re a dope, kid.

Even if it was temporary, even if it was only for our limited time here on this earth, it would STILL be worth it to me, and to billions of other believers.
Christianity?

I seriously doubt that. Theism or deism of some sort, yes. Crucifixion of a savior?

Obviously not, inherently.

I see the big pay-off in this life with a narrow way through trials, sufferings, and tribulations. The next life is simply something we do later.
Stay slippery.

Not really buying that.
What prize are you expecting in the next life?
Simply that there is one. And it will be wonderful. That's the big payoff.

We might as well dust off on this one. You guys are going to equivocate yourselves into oblivion, at this rate.

Simply that there is one. And it will be wonderful.
There you go. It is how I view my life tomorrow, too. There will be life and it will be wonderful.

Sometimes you can't admit that how atheists and people of faith see things is much the same. So why not stop trying to make us into something we are not?

There you go. It is how I view my life tomorrow, too. There will be life and it will be wonderful.
Like I said... equivocating yourself into oblivion...

.. .to have me believe the your time on earth is no different than the special forever prize... each day the same, don't care if it's one or a billion...

Again, not buying it.

Uh, sorry buddy, it is in your instruction book. And you can hop over to the thread about fearing God to watch Christians admit they fear God.

So, you once again just had a reflexive, contrarian outburst.
No, you claimed something that didn't happen, and that was that "an atheist nailed you and your beliefs". That didn't happen.
My children never feared me, other than fearing my disappointment in them. You are describing codependency, not a loving relationship. You aren't talking about "disappointment", you are talking about having your special little forever prize revoked. Being condemned for eternity. Not disappointment. Rather, the "ultimate punishment". The worst punishment imaginable.
Exactly. Why would I fear my Father who loves me so much more than you loved your kids? And no, I don't fear eternal punishment. Did you check up on what "Abba" means? I doubt it, and I doubt you bothered to ever find out what Jesus actually preached, did you? You may have reviewed your favorite Old Testament verses to make sure God judged evil, but I don't think you bothered to find out about His love and mercy.
Which, by the way, is the only reason you buy ANY OF IT. If not for this promise of the special little prize, the Bible would just be another book collecting dust in your attic.

So this duo of a carrot and a stick is actually the core of and impetus for your entire belief system.
I just love it when those who pretend they can read minds double down on it.

Now, since you apparently have a hard time reading entire posts (kind of like how you read the Bible), here's the question for you again. Was the US and its allies justified in killing millions of innocent men, women and children to stop evil in WWII?

Forum List

Back