🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A challenge

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I can tell by the reaction to my thread saying Cruz is going to win that a number of your it amusing and unlikely. How confident are you that Ted Cruz is going to lose the nomination? I'm going to issue a challenge if any of you are confident enough to take it up.

If Ted Cruz wins the nomination, you will give your word of honor that:

1) You will read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover with and open heart and mind and doing so prayerfully to find out if it's true. (If you've read it before you are promising to read it again).

2) you will take the missionary discussion with an open heart and mind. That means doing so with no attempts to mock or fight.

I'm not asking for conversion. Just listening and searching with and open heart and mind.

And if Ted Cruz loses, you can make fun of me more. You can even start now if you'd like. And I have to live in the country under a candidate I detest (presuming it's trump, Clinton, or sanders).

Are you that confident Cruz is going to lose? Will you take my challenge?

I can tell by the reaction to my thread saying Cruz is going to win that a number of your it amusing and unlikely. How confident are you that Ted Cruz is going to lose the nomination? I'm going to issue a challenge if any of you are confident enough to take it up.

1) You will read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover with and open heart and mind and doing so prayerfully to find out if it's true. (If you've read it before you are promising to read it again).

2) you will take the missionary discussion with an open heart and mind. That means doing so with no attempts to mock or fight.

I'm not asking for conversion. Just listening and searching with and open heart and mind.

And if Ted Cruz loses, you can make fun of me more. You can even start now if you'd like. And I have to live in the country under a candidate I detest (presuming it's trump, Clinton, or sanders).

I myself would question the depth of your faith if you were willing to use it for betting fodder.

I wont take your challenge because I couldn't uphold my end of the bargain.
Ted cruz wont win. Ted Cruz wont win a convention either.

I don't know how the Mormon thing fits in but I'm not voting for Cruz if he gets installed by the GOP. Having principles is great but shutting down government to make a pointless point is a scary kind of ideology.

A game of chance for salvation! Reading a lie does not make it truth, because I lost a bet. Mormons use Christ as an example of how to become a God pure and simple. Every week someone says Cruz will win 50,000 convert to Trump. We have been building up to political revolution for a while now, that least this one will only have a few bumps and bruises, instead of mass blood shed. Be happy.

I don't think the betting terms are nearly equal enough with you ending up having more-or-less to just live with it.

Yeah. . . precisely.

What spiritual tract are you going to meditate over and practice for a month and open your heart and mind up to if he loses the nomination? Buddhism? Taoism? Asatru? ?קַבָּלָה

Your wisdom is sorely lacking grasshopper.

Are you going to reconcile yourself to the fact that the Pearl of Great Price is a fake and Joseph Smith is a fraud? As it stands, Pastafarianism has as much legitimacy. Find a new path to the spirit bub.
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2014/how-the-book-of-abraham-exposes-the-false-nature-of-mormonism/
The document is not the writing of Abraham in Egypt, but is instead the opening portion of an Egyptian Shait en Sensen, or Book of Breathing, a late funerary text derived from the earlier and more complex Book of the Dead. This particular scroll was examined by experts (including Mormon experts who agreed with the findings) and after analyzing handwriting, spelling, content, and other contextual issues, they determined the papyri were written sometime during the Late Ptolemaic or Early Roman Period (circa 50 B.C. to A.D. 50). This is problematic for Mormons, however, for if the papyri are only about 2,000 years old, they are far too new to have been “written on by the hand of Abraham”.

You need to have more skin in the game then that pal.
You also must promise to read a book to make things fair (and balanced) LOL.
I solemnly do swear that if Cruz wins the nomination I will read the Book of Mormon with an open mind/heart.
Only if you swear to read the 'Tao Te Ching' with an open mind/heart if Trump is the nominee.
If neither wins I'll go back to my stack of 'Penthouse Forums'.

I myself would question the depth of your faith if you were willing to use it for betting fodder.

I'm making a challenge. If you aren't willing to accept it I understand.

I wont take your challenge because I couldn't uphold my end of the bargain.
Ted cruz wont win. Ted Cruz wont win a convention either.

You couldn't read a book a meet with people a few times? I think you could but I'm not trying to compel anything.

I don't know how the Mormon thing fits in but I'm not voting for Cruz if he gets installed by the GOP. Having principles is great but shutting down government to make a pointless point is a scary kind of ideology.

My twist on things. And I'm not saying you have to vote against your conscious just read a book and meet with missionaries. I've never lost anything by learning something

Likely the best political wager ever offered on USMB. :thup:

I'm making a challenge. If you aren't willing to accept it I understand.
I have no problem with Mormons. Not a one. But to bet or gamble your faith on politics? I would never do that with my faith.

A game of chance for salvation! Reading a lie does not make it truth, because I lost a bet. Mormons use Christ as an example of how to become a God pure and simple. Every week someone says Cruz will win 50,000 convert to Trump. We have been building up to political revolution for a while now, that least this one will only have a few bumps and bruises, instead of mass blood shed. Be happy.

I didn't ask you to read a lie. I just ask you to read and prayerfully consider and listen to some lessons. Hardly a strenuous challenge. Especially if you are confident you'll never have do it.

You need to have more skin in the game then that pal.
You also must promise to read a book to make things fair (and balanced) LOL.
I solemnly do swear that if Cruz wins the nomination I will read the Book of Mormon with an open mind/heart.
Only if you swear to read the 'Tao Te Ching' with an open mind/heart if Trump is the nominee.
If neither wins I'll go back to my stack of 'Penthouse Forums'.

I have no problem with that. Reading is not going to hurt me.

Forum List

Back