🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A challenge

I don't know how the Mormon thing fits in but I'm not voting for Cruz if he gets installed by the GOP. Having principles is great but shutting down government to make a pointless point is a scary kind of ideology.
My twist on things. And I'm not saying you have to vote against your conscious just read a book and meet with missionaries. I've never lost anything by learning something
I can find better ways to waste time. Politics is complicated enough without throwing religion in there.

I can tell by the reaction to my thread saying Cruz is going to win that a number of your it amusing and unlikely. How confident are you that Ted Cruz is going to lose the nomination? I'm going to issue a challenge if any of you are confident enough to take it up.

If Ted Cruz wins the nomination, you will give your word of honor that:

1) You will read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover with and open heart and mind and doing so prayerfully to find out if it's true. (If you've read it before you are promising to read it again).

2) you will take the missionary discussion with an open heart and mind. That means doing so with no attempts to mock or fight.

I'm not asking for conversion. Just listening and searching with and open heart and mind.

And if Ted Cruz loses, you can make fun of me more. You can even start now if you'd like. And I have to live in the country under a candidate I detest (presuming it's trump, Clinton, or sanders).

Are you that confident Cruz is going to lose? Will you take my challenge?

Not a fair trade .... how about this one;

If Ted Cruz wins I'll read your book and listen to your sermons
If Ted Cruz loses you publicly admit Joseph Smith was a fraud and wear a "Brigham Young sucks ass and swallows" T-Shirt for a month.

:)

I can tell by the reaction to my thread saying Cruz is going to win that a number of your it amusing and unlikely. How confident are you that Ted Cruz is going to lose the nomination? I'm going to issue a challenge if any of you are confident enough to take it up.

1) You will read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover with and open heart and mind and doing so prayerfully to find out if it's true. (If you've read it before you are promising to read it again).

2) you will take the missionary discussion with an open heart and mind. That means doing so with no attempts to mock or fight.

I'm not asking for conversion. Just listening and searching with and open heart and mind.

And if Ted Cruz loses, you can make fun of me more. You can even start now if you'd like. And I have to live in the country under a candidate I detest (presuming it's trump, Clinton, or sanders).

I myself would question the depth of your faith if you were willing to use it for betting fodder.

I'm making a challenge. If you aren't willing to accept it I understand.
I have no problem with Mormons. Not a one. But to bet or gamble your faith on politics? I would never do that with my faith.

How is reading a book prayerfully and meeting with missionaries gambling your faith?

I wont take your challenge because I couldn't uphold my end of the bargain.
Ted cruz wont win. Ted Cruz wont win a convention either.

You couldn't read a book a meet with people a few times? I think you could but I'm not trying to compel anything.
Nope. I dont do man made gawds.

Jesus Christ is man made?

And the way you guys back trump I'm not so sure I believe that claim
Yes
Do I back trump in some ridiculous way or something? Please explain how. TIA

If Ted Cruz loses you publicly admit Joseph Smith was a fraud and wear a "Brigham Young sucks ass and swallows" T-Shirt for a month.

Problem with that is I can't conscientiously do it. I'm not asking anyone to do something anyone would find morally reprehensible unless reading and listening and praying is a sin. But I don't have a problem doing something.

I wont take your challenge because I couldn't uphold my end of the bargain.
Ted cruz wont win. Ted Cruz wont win a convention either.

You couldn't read a book a meet with people a few times? I think you could but I'm not trying to compel anything.
Nope. I dont do man made gawds.

Jesus Christ is man made?

And the way you guys back trump I'm not so sure I believe that claim
Yes
Do I back trump in some ridiculous way or something? Please explain how. TIA

If I am mistaken I apologize. But there are some acting as I he is god on the flesh the new savior of christianity

Problem with that is I can't conscientiously do it.
What makes you think that others can "conscientiously" take your book and sermons seriously, on a bet?

I'm not asking anyone to do something anyone would find morally reprehensible unless reading and listening and praying is a sin. But I don't have a problem doing something.

Apparently you're unaware that in many religions "reading and listening and praying" to some other religions dogma IS a SIN, I don't think the folks over at LDS would be too happy if you started listening to Rabbi's and frequenting Jewish Temples would they? Doesn't apply to me since my deity doesn't appear to give a damn about such trivial nonsense but just saying that it does apply to some religions.

Besides why would admitting Joseph Smith is a fraud and wearing the T-Shirt be "morally reprehensible" ? can't your prophets take a bit of criticism? ;)

Forum List

Back