🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Country Divided

I don't hate anyone, other than Bob Sagat.

Listen to Faux News and every conservative talk-radio show. All you hear 24/7 is, 'liberals are evil, they make life miserable for us and are our enemy'.

It isn't both sides doing this. There is concerted well funded effort to force division where there is none. Turn off the radio and turn off Faux for a couple weeks. Your outlook will be changed very quickly.
It isn't both sides doing this
oh its not?....if you say so.....

We are to help our brothers NOT to sin -

Sex within marriage is not a sin. Gays have that right.
Sex is not just about procreation. It is an expression of love between consenting adults.
God said it is an abomination for men to lay with men. Humans can pass all the laws they want, it doesn't change God
did god write that or was it a bunch of religious zealots over the Centuries?......

Luckily, the majority are turning against Fox Noise, Rush, etc and becoming more tolerant. Rush is losing staions and Fox is evolving with these social changes...Those young Murdochs are different.

Sex is not just about procreation. It is an expression of love between consenting adults.
God said it is an abomination for men to lay with men. Humans can pass all the laws they want, it doesn't change God
did god write that or was it a bunch of religious zealots over the Centuries?......

The Bible is the God inspired word. I think you read the Bible in it's entirety, pray and enter into relationship with God, you know what is sin - God is a God of order. We all have our sexual urges and desires, many are unhealthy and perverted. God asks us to live for Him, to be obedient to Him, so that we shine with His light her o Earth. So that we can all have relationship with Him.

Is this a good thing? Why has our differences become a "competition" which is causing tension and dissention in our Country.... ?

If we can't agree on anything else, can we agree a "Country divided will not stand"?

We have always had divisions.

Always.
not like today....we have 300 million people on many different pages...the 2 sides used to be able to just talk loud to each other....then it got to wear you had yell for the different sides to hear each other.....then it got to where there was a large gap between the sides (Clinton) then it got to where there was a large chasm (Bush) between the sides now under Obama it has become the Grand Canyon..... unless the next person is a REAL leader and can get this Country back together it wont look to well for this countries future ....and i dont see any on the horizon.....just a bunch of lackey politicians.....more of the same old me,my party and maybe the country bullshit........

I read a brief interview with Jimmy Carter (Democrat) recently. The interviewer asked if any Presidents after him showed him respect. He said 1 did. Guess who? George H.W. Bush (Republican).

Do you think any Presidents will be able to say that going forward... I really don't think so. The damage is done. So much for putting the interests of the Country first. Those days are gone.

Is this a good thing? Why has our differences become a "competition" which is causing tension and dissention in our Country.... ?

If we can't agree on anything else, can we agree a "Country divided will not stand"?

I vote we let the Dims stay along the sea shore in places like California, Oregon, and the far east coast line.

Then we let them have it as their own country and start eating baked beans every day until the oceans cover them all up.

This would be an amusing plan, except for the fact that I hate baked beans.

Someone is not cooking them properly..

Christians live literally BY the Bible.

You don't eat hot dogs or BBQ?

:shock:
Do they also sell their daughters into slavery?

Knowledge of the Bible and context is important. Also the guiding of the Holy Spirit for discernment.
I don't blame you, it sounds ridiculous to a non-believer. But it is the ONLY thing that makes sense to a believer.
1959459_10151884200626415_1866015216_n.jpg

are you circumcised? do you wear only one fabric? do you avoid eating meat and dairy on the same plate? Do you avoid eating bottom fish, shell fish or other scavenger animals and sea food?
do you celebrate the passover and read from the Haggadah?

are you circumcised? do you wear only one fabric? do you avoid eating meat and dairy on the same plate? Do you avoid eating bottom fish, shell fish or other scavenger animals and sea food?

The common mistake made by homosexual proponents when discussing the Old Testament, in particular Leviticus, is the failure to understand the three main divisions of the Law: civil, ceremonial, and moral. This is important because the civil and ceremonial law are not in effect now, but the moral law is. Let's take a look at these divisions within the book of Leviticus since it is the book under examination.
  1. Civil - Expired with the demise of the Jewish civil government
    1. Justice practices (Lev. 24:17-23)
    2. Law of property redemption (Lev. 25)
    3. Be just with the poor, (Lev. 19:15)
    4. Do not hate in your heart (Lev. 19:17)
    5. Retain just scales in commerce (Lev. 19:35f)
    6. Robbery, extortion, false witness, and restitution (Lev. 6:1-7)
  2. Ceremonial - Expired with the fulfillment of priestly work of Christ (Matt. 3:15)
    1. Various sacrificial offerings for sin (Lev. 1,2,3,4,5,6)
    2. Priestly duties (Lev. 7:1-37)
    3. Laws on animals for food (Lev. 11:1-47)
    4. Cleaning house of leper (Lev. 14:33-57)
    5. Law of Atonement (Lev. 16:1-28;17:1-16)
    6. Regulations for Priests (Lev. 21,22)
    7. Festivals (Lev. 23:1-25)
  3. Moral - No Expiration because it is based on God's character. "You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy," (Lev. 19:2)
    1. Do not steal or lie (Lev. 19:11)
    2. Do not oppress your neighbor (Lev. 19:13)
    3. No idolatry (Lev. 26:1-13)
    4. Don't sacrifice children to Molech (Lev. 20:1-5)
    5. Don't commit adultery, incest, bestiality, homosexuality, etc. (Lev. 20:9-21)
    6. You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Lev. 19:18)
Homosexuality is under the moral law category. In addition, as stated earlier, it is an abomination practiced by all people (Egypt and Canaan), not just the Israelites. Therefore, we see that the moral aspects of the Law are still in effect, but not the civil or ceremonial. Again, there were things addressed to Israel only where God said "speak to the sons of Israel saying..." These things included atonement for unintentional sins, eating habits, uncleanness, feast days, rest days, etc., which do not apply for us today.

The common mistake made by homosexual proponents when discussing the Old Testament, in particular Leviticus, is the failure to understand the three main divisions of the Law: civil, ceremonial, and moral. This is important because the civil and ceremonial law are not in effect now, but the moral law is. Let's take a look at these divisions within the book of Leviticus since it is the book under examination.
  1. Civil - Expired with the demise of the Jewish civil government
    1. Justice practices (Lev. 24:17-23)
    2. Law of property redemption (Lev. 25)
    3. Be just with the poor, (Lev. 19:15)
    4. Do not hate in your heart (Lev. 19:17)
    5. Retain just scales in commerce (Lev. 19:35f)
    6. Robbery, extortion, false witness, and restitution (Lev. 6:1-7)
  2. Ceremonial - Expired with the fulfillment of priestly work of Christ (Matt. 3:15)
    1. Various sacrificial offerings for sin (Lev. 1,2,3,4,5,6)
    2. Priestly duties (Lev. 7:1-37)
    3. Laws on animals for food (Lev. 11:1-47)
    4. Cleaning house of leper (Lev. 14:33-57)
    5. Law of Atonement (Lev. 16:1-28;17:1-16)
    6. Regulations for Priests (Lev. 21,22)
    7. Festivals (Lev. 23:1-25)
  3. Moral - No Expiration because it is based on God's character. "You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy," (Lev. 19:2)
    1. Do not steal or lie (Lev. 19:11)
    2. Do not oppress your neighbor (Lev. 19:13)
    3. No idolatry (Lev. 26:1-13)
    4. Don't sacrifice children to Molech (Lev. 20:1-5)
    5. Don't commit adultery, incest, bestiality, homosexuality, etc. (Lev. 20:9-21)
    6. You shall love your neighbor as yourself (Lev. 19:18)
Homosexuality is under the moral law category. In addition, as stated earlier, it is an abomination practiced by all people (Egypt and Canaan), not just the Israelites. Therefore, we see that the moral aspects of the Law are still in effect, but not the civil or ceremonial. Again, there were things addressed to Israel only where God said "speak to the sons of Israel saying..." These things included atonement for unintentional sins, eating habits, uncleanness, feast days, rest days, etc., which do not apply for us today.

Homosexuality in the Ancient Near East beyond Egypt by Bruce Gerig in the Ancient Near East beyond Egypt
well researched and referenced
Of course homosexuality existed in the region. Much of it was not about deep love of another adult but other acts.

Before you call it abomination in the ancient world, you should have actually checked.
Gay Rights Or Wrongs A Christian s Guide to Homosexual Issues and Ministry - Mike Mazzalonga - Google Books

Canaanites wrote marriage contracts between man and man and woman and woman

Obviously you don't know.

There are valid reason for the admonishment of some of the homosexual acts practiced by the neighbors of Israel, but it was not about homosexuality itself. It was about slavery, the use of children and the temple rituals that were the abominations.

There are stories of gay love for both men and women in the bible, couples that became of one flesh.

The Bible is the God inspired word. I think you read the Bible in it's entirety, pray and enter into relationship with God, you know what is sin - God is a God of order. We all have our sexual urges and desires, many are unhealthy and perverted. God asks us to live for Him, to be obedient to Him, so that we shine with His light her o Earth. So that we can all have relationship with Him.
you mean its Gods inspired word translated the way the religious zealots throughout the Centuries wanted it to say so they can retain their power over their followers.... sorry i dont trust anything transcribed by people wanting to retain power....i have no doubt many words were changed to fit their agenda .....

you mean its Gods inspired word translated the way the religious zealots throughout the Centuries wanted it to say so they can retain their power over their followers.... sorry i dont trust anything transcribed by people wanting to retain power....i have no doubt many words were changed to fit their agenda .....
I'm not all knowing, but what I do know is God will speak to you and reveal r things to you when you read the Bible

I'm not all knowing, but what I do know is God will speak to you and reveal r things to you when you read the Bible

By burning bush?

I read the bible and see the struggle of people and the power of love. You read the bible and see the sins of everyone else except your own and it becomes a justification to curse or attack all those sinners. Look to your own sin, and yours alone. Save your own soul instead of trying to save others for what you alone see as sin.

Always.
not like today....we have 300 million people on many different pages...the 2 sides used to be able to just talk loud to each other....then it got to wear you had yell for the different sides to hear each other.....then it got to where there was a large gap between the sides (Clinton) then it got to where there was a large chasm (Bush) between the sides now under Obama it has become the Grand Canyon..... unless the next person is a REAL leader and can get this Country back together it wont look to well for this countries future ....and i dont see any on the horizon.....just a bunch of lackey politicians.....more of the same old me,my party and maybe the country bullshit........

I read a brief interview with Jimmy Carter (Democrat) recently. The interviewer asked if any Presidents after him showed him respect. He said 1 did. Guess who? George H.W. Bush (Republican).

Do you think any Presidents will be able to say that going forward... I really don't think so. The damage is done. So much for putting the interests of the Country first. Those days are gone.
Well you got that wrong too, and speak for yourselves, hater dupes of the greedy idiot lying megarich GOP.

Always.

Well you got that wrong too, and speak for yourselves, hater dupes of the greedy idiot lying megarich GOP.
you forgot to mention those mega rich Democrats Frankie...your welcome buddy....

Two consenting adults have a right who to love and who to marry.

We don't prevent a mixed marriage of black/white or differing faiths from having the same rights as a heterosexual white couple same faith does.

So if a brother and a sister love each other, are two consenting adults, they should be allowed to marry?

There are civil law regarding incest
Laws regarding incest - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There were laws about homosexual marriages. You said, "Two consenting adults have a right who to love and who to marry."

So you are now saying they don't?

aris2chat I'm interested in your answer.

While we have always had divisions, we always felt we were one country and we could find a way to compromise and work together.

That's what is no longer there. We aren't one country and we hate each other. There is no point on which we will compromise. Under these circumstances there is no way the nation can stay intact for long.
While we have always had divisions, we always felt we were one country and we could find a way to compromise and work together.
geezus....i actually agree with you katz....that is it right there....todays politicians are horrible ...

Blame yourself

ive read the bible,but i had the misfortune to be raised a Catholic.....luckily for me i asked questions about the bullshit they throw at you and got bullshit answers,thats all i needed to see the exit sign....

Forum List

Back