🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Day Ending in Y So Another Environmental Doomsday Prediction

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Envirowhackos are really sick in the head.

Noam Chomsky: We're Approaching The Most Dangerous Point In Human History, The Lucky Ones Will Die More Quickly

"We're approaching the most dangerous point in human history," he said. "Nothing like it before. We are now facing the prospect of the destruction of organized human life on Earth from environmental destruction and not in the remote future we are approaching irrevisable turning points which can not be dealt with any longer. It doesn't mean everybody is going to die but it's going to mean moving to a future in which the lucky ones will be those who die more quickly."

Chomsky said. "The Doomsday Clock of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists under Trump, they abandoned minutes, went to seconds. 100 seconds to midnight, that's where it is now, because the threats are accumulating."

Dr, Gloom and Doom.

Noam Chomsky: We're Approaching The Most Dangerous Point In Human History, The Lucky Ones Will Die More Quickly

"We're approaching the most dangerous point in human history," he said. "Nothing like it before. We are now facing the prospect of the destruction of organized human life on Earth from environmental destruction and not in the remote future we are approaching irrevisable turning points which can not be dealt with any longer. It doesn't mean everybody is going to die but it's going to mean moving to a future in which the lucky ones will be those who die more quickly."

He's not even an EnviroWhacko. Just always opposed the concept of USING natural resources.
Take a LOOK at him in the video. He's gonna die first. That's for sure. I admit I read WAAAAY too much Noam Chomsky in my "youth". As I got smarter, I know I wasted a lot of time trying to ding the USA for all the "Imperialism" in the world. And his whacky world views.

He's still trying to BE a prophet tho. But better people have tried to sell that shit in the past years.

Chomsky said. "The Doomsday Clock of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists under Trump, they abandoned minutes, went to seconds. 100 seconds to midnight, that's where it is now, because the threats are accumulating."

Dr, Gloom and Doom.

You see threats? How long has this plagued you? Is it all from the 0.6DegC rise in Global Mean surface temperature during your lifetime? I'll talk ya thru the anxiety..

Worst Climate prediction of ALL time?
The "More Proof the Skeptics are winning" thread by Skookerasbil 8.5 years ago.

As it turns out, after nearly NINE Years since it started.. it's the WORST/Worst Timed Climate Prediction/Claim in history!!
An embarrassment the OP/Skookerasbil is too Dense to let Die.

(and Flacalteen won't close the obsolete/embarrassing Skooker/jc456 BLOG, while he closes liberal ones with "this thread had a nice run")
The skeptics have Lost.
It's over. The thread is chopped meat/ridiculous.

Past Eight years: Warmest since modern recordkeeping began
2021 tied for sixth warmest year in continued trend, analysis shows

Date: January 13, 2022

`
`

Last edited:
Worst Climate prediction of ALL time?
The "More Proof the Skeptics are winning" thread by Skookerasbil 8.5 years ago.

As it turns out, after nearly NINE Years since it started.. it's the WORST/Worst Timed Climate Prediction/Claim in history!!
An embarrassment the OP/Skookerasbil is too Dense to let Die.

(and Flacalteen won't close the obsolete/embarrassing Skooker/jc456 BLOG, while he closes liberal ones with "this thread had a nice run")
The skeptics have Lost.
It's over. The thread is chopped meat/ridiculous.

Past Eight years: Warmest since modern recordkeeping began
2021 tied for sixth warmest year in continued trend, analysis shows

Date: January 13, 2022

`
`

There you go again.. DId ya notice how that article had NO NUMERICAL data for the run of 8 warmest years? Why dont you find out HOW MUCH WARMER it's gotten since 2014? Because what you're gonna find out is -- that ANY of those years are probably within 0.15DegC of each other. AND WHY did they "cherry pick" just the LAST 8? OOOPSS. Probably because the temp rise took a "hiatus" in the years previous to that. ANOTHER FACT you rejected by attacking the messenger in our past history.

Because if you were analyzing rather then end zone celebrating, you'd ask WHY the title reads "2021 TIED for sixth warmest year in the CONTINUING trend".. Why isn't 2nd or 5th? Because like all processes that plot like a linear straight line --- YOU EXPECT a warming trend. But what is the RATE of that trend?

Which gives the "activists in labcoats" and annoying yahoos like yourself something to cling to in terms of hope for an "existential crisis soon".

That warming rate is by UAH/RSS -- about 0.015DegC per year. Draw a straight line with that slope. Can ya handle that? Tell me where that goes in 10 YEARS? 100 YEARS?

HOW MANY "new records" are you going to break each decade? BY HOW MUCH, did it "break a record"? These are vital questions.

Where did your "existential crisis" go dude. Now let's dance and celebrate what our chances of survival are. :hyper:

There you go again.. DId ya notice how that article had NO NUMERICAL data for the run of 8 warmest years? Why dont you find out HOW MUCH WARMER it's gotten since 2014? Because what you're gonna find out is -- that ANY of those years are probably within 0.15DegC of each other. AND WHY did they "cherry pick" just the LAST 8? OOOPSS. Probably because the temp rise took a "hiatus" in the years previous to that. ANOTHER FACT you rejected by attacking the messenger in our past history.

The concept of a "pause" in temperature trends is often a questionable concept. First of all the data is a time series data which has the potential for autocorrelation issues, so estimating a trend can be tricky in terms of establishing the statistical significance of the slope.

Pauses are often anything but meaningful (this is from 2018 so it is probably talking about earlier "pauses" seen in the data):

If you window the data just right you can find "pauses" all over the place. And in some But overall the trend is upward generally.

I'm not comfortable in saying that pauses never happen since data is inherently noisy and the systems complex. But usually a pause isn't really all that indicative of some major underlying problem with the concept of AGW.

The concept of a "pause" in temperature trends is often a questionable concept. First of all the data is a time series data which has the potential for autocorrelation issues, so estimating a trend can be tricky in terms of establishing the statistical significance of the slope.

Pauses are often anything but meaningful (this is from 2018 so it is probably talking about earlier "pauses" seen in the data):

If you window the data just right you can find "pauses" all over the place. And in some But overall the trend is upward generally.

I'm not comfortable in saying that pauses never happen since data is inherently noisy and the systems complex. But usually a pause isn't really all that indicative of some major underlying problem with the concept of AGW.

The pause HAPPENED. I'm not over-stating the significance of finding a pause -- because it's NOT really significant on a climate time scale. Just that "all the air went out of the tires" on the Catastrophic Global Warming theory bus for about 12 years and models came under increased scrutiny for what they DONT ACCOUNT for..

Even the "distinguished" "highly selected, hired guns" on the IPCC scientific panel gave "the hiatus" it's own section in 2015/2016 (??) AR report. I'll dig up the AR if ya want -- but here's some other references.

Why did Earth’s surface temperature stop rising in the past decade?
Friday, November 8, 2013
The most likely explanation for the lack of significant warming at the Earth’s surface in the past decade or so is that natural climate cycles—a series of La Niña events and a negative phase of the lesser-known Pacific Decadal Oscillation—caused shifts in ocean circulation patterns that moved some excess heat into the deep ocean. Even so, recent years have been some of the warmest on record, and scientists expect temperatures will swing back up soon.

Global warming 'hiatus' puts climate change scientists on the spot
Theories as to why Earth's average surface temperature hasn't risen in recent years include an idea that the Pacific Ocean goes through decades-long cycles of absorbing heat.

Curry isn't the only one to suggest flaws in established climate models. IPCC vice chair Francis Zwiers, director of the Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium at the University of Victoria in Canada, co-wrote a paper published in this month's Nature Climate Change that said climate models had "significantly" overestimated global warming over the last 20 years — and especially for the last 15 years, which coincides with the onset of the hiatus.

The models had predicted that the average global surface temperature would increase by 0.21 of a degree Celsius over this period, but they turned out to be off by a factor of four, Zwiers and his colleagues wrote. In reality, the average temperature has edged up only 0.05 of a degree Celsius over that time — which in a statistical sense is not significantly different from zero.

Because if you were analyzing rather then end zone celebrating, you'd ask WHY the title reads "2021 TIED for sixth warmest year in the CONTINUING trend".. Why isn't 2nd or 5th? Because like all processes that plot like a linear straight line --- YOU EXPECT a warming trend. But what is the RATE of that trend?

Which gives the "activists in labcoats" and annoying yahoos like yourself something to cling to in terms of hope for an "existential crisis soon".

That warming rate is by UAH/RSS -- about 0.015DegC per year. Draw a straight line with that slope. Can ya handle that? Tell me where that goes in 10 YEARS? 100 YEARS?

HOW MANY "new records" are you going to break each decade? BY HOW MUCH, did it "break a record"? These are vital questions.

Where did your "existential crisis" go dude. Now let's dance and celebrate what our chances of survival are. :hyper:
If you need Numerical day for this you have no business in the section
Indeed I'm sure I posted it to YOU in one form another.
Definitely when you claimed it stopped warming "12 years ago" in your sticky thread.
This a Patently well know FACT and at least part if not the whole Title line of many posts in the section. (20, 21, etc)

Here ya go You clown

#From NOAA LINK: More Near-Record Warm Years Are Likely On Horizon

1643086896727.png

IN YO FACE

YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS IN THIS SECTION.

So tell us why the ABUSIVE Skooker JOKE BLOG "More proof the skeptics are winning" is still open again?
You who close Liberal threads for made up reasons.
It's an embarrassment. Like you.
You can't debate me you POS.

`

`

Last edited:
Point is -- whoever in the Propaganda Dept of "govt science" that cobbled the quoted press release together USED just last 8 years -- Cherry-picked the period to AVOID "the hiatus" that ended with a LARGE El Nino cycle in about 2015/2016.

If you need Numerical day for this you have no business in the section
Indeed I'm sure I posted it to YOU in one form another.
Definitely when you claimed it stopped warming "12 years ago" in your sticky thread.
This a Patently well know FACT and at least part if not the whole Title line of many posts in the section. (20, 21, etc)

Here ya go You clown

#From NOAA LINK: More Near-Record Warm Years Are Likely On Horizon

1643086896727.png

YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS IN THIS SECTION.

So tell us what "More proof the skeptics are winning" is still open>"
You who close Liberal threads for made up reasons.
It;s an embarrassment.

`

`
And you CERTAINLY have no business posted graphical data that you dont realize SUPPORTS everything I just said. You're an angry flamey moron.

They CHERRY picked the 2014 start date to AVOID "the hiatus" for one thing. And then I just told you - you would NOT FIND A DIFFERENCE in those "8 past years" BIGGER than 0.15DegC. I was wrong the differences are WAAAAAY smaller than what I tossed out.

2015/2016/2017/2019/2020 -- ALL DIFFER BY LESS THAN 0.09DegC !!!! There's your "record breaking".. Some adjacent year records set by JUST 0.02 or 0.03DegC. That's in the ballpark of "natural cycles" that occur on decadal time scales. s

You see what "record breaking" temperatures mean now? Virtually nothing.

It's the long term (30 year or longer) rate that has any meaning. And the models have CONSISTENTLY OVER-estimated that trend line.

And you CERTAINLY have no business posted graphical data that you dont realize SUPPORTS everything I just said. You're an angry flamey moron.

They CHERRY picked the 2014 start date to AVOID "the hiatus" for one thing. And then I just told you - you would NOT FIND A DIFFERENCE in those "8 past years" BIGGER than 0.15DegC. I was wrong the differences are WAAAAAY smaller than what I tossed out.

2015/2016/2017/2019/2020 -- ALL DIFFER BY LESS THAN 0.09DegC !!!! There's your "record breaking".. Some adjacent year records set by JUST 0.02 or 0.03DegC. That's in the ballpark of "natural cycles" that occur on decadal time scales. s

You see what "record breaking" temperatures mean now? Virtually nothing.

It's the long term (30 year or longer) rate that has any meaning. And the models have CONSISTENTLY OVER-estimated that trend line.
Didn't read it.
As usual, you were Porked and it's surely the inevitable Ambiguation or further demand-detail-fallacy BS to save face... again. (two embarrassed ones in fact)
You are completely Ignorant of the most basic facts of the debate.
Undebatable for that reason.
I'm done with you now BOY.

`

Didn't read it.
As usual, you were Porked and it's surely the inevitable Ambiguation or further demand-detail-fallacy BS to save face... again. (two embarrassed ones in fact)
You are completely Ignorant of the most basic facts of the debate.
Undebatable for that reason.
I'm done with you now BOY.

`

So SOON? Seems you ARE done. Pinky-swear? ESPECIALLY if you're not gonna read previous posts and discuss -- it's a probably a good idea -- because of "da rules".

Chomsky...oh, yeah, a linguist who claimed he was an expert in geopolitics and said America sucks, so fellow America-hating dumbasses believed him without question, is now an expert in climatology?

He can get the fuck outta here with his bullshit.

For years he had me thinking that the US was the most selfish belligerent nation on the planet. That was it was cool to be against Vietnam war. Still got some old-timey appreciation for the free speech thing from him tho and maybe a higher bar for international intervention.

NEVER POSTS ON TOPIC... EVER in this section
Troll should be removed for the 800th time....but look who's moderating.
`

Ah dude -- pardon me but this whole topic was SPAWNED by comments from Noam Chomsky. He IS part of the topic basically given his expertise is in linguistics and foreign affairs, not climate science.

Professor Chomsky's Chumps

The Unabomber Cult has a sick love of that end-times image. Dead bodies lying everywhere is their picture of a perfect world.

Somewhere else in their dim consciousness, they are driven by a primitive and suicidal Nature-worship, as if the pre-industrial atmosphere had been the best possible. They are misfit freaks jealous of Man's conquest of Nature, so they make up the dishonest and superstitious word "pollution" to denote any change in their escapist ideal. Let's not let them escape from our revenge.

Forum List

Back