A drunken cowboy .

YOu have not even admitted the first big flaw. That the roomate BORROWED $3 and then the problem said the cowboy paid her back.

That is the reason the problem got screwed up. The cowboy borrowed and repaid the $50. But he spent $45 drinking. The $2 left and the $3 loaned to his roommate makes the $5. With the $45 spent, that adds up to the $50.

YOu have not even admitted the first big flaw. That the roomate BORROWED $3 and then the problem said the cowboy paid her back.

That is the reason the problem got screwed up. The cowboy borrowed and repaid the $50. But he spent $45 drinking. The $2 left and the $3 loaned to his roommate makes the $5. With the $45 spent, that adds up to the $50.
As I said, this is a task to build a balance sheet.
Draw Asset and Passive, then everything will be clear to you.
Do not argue with me ...
This task is for young financiers who have just graduated from the institute and are looking for work

As I said, this is a task to build a balance sheet.
Draw Asset and Passive, then everything will be clear to you.
Do not argue with me ...
This task is for young financiers who have just graduated from the institute and are looking for work

I am not arguing. I am pointing out a flaw.

If they build a balance sheet, they will have the loan to the roommate as a -$3.00
If the cowboy pays the roommate back, as your problem says, it will be another -$3.00.

So instead of balancing out as a $0, it will show a -$6.00.

Sorry, I'm not interested today to argue, I can only have fun
In Moscow, 3 am ...
Let's talk on other days?

I live in cowboy country and can ride and rope with the best of them.
The flaw in your story is if a cowboy goes into a bar with 50 bucks, he will spend all 50 at the bar and borrow 15 more from some rube in town thats easily talked out of it, and drink that too.

Geez, get real.

I live in cowboy country and can ride and rope with the best of them.
The flaw in your story is if a cowboy goes into a bar with 50 bucks, he will spend all 50 at the bar and borrow 15 more from some rube in town thats easily talked out of it, and drink that too.

Geez, get real.
:04:

Cowboy, John, took $ 25 from his mother and $ 25 from his father ...
Balance = $ 50
---------------------------------------------
Then, John went to the tavern, and drank 45 dollars ..
Balance = 5 dollars
Then, drunk John went home ... He met his girlfriend Mary, who asked him to borrow $ 3
Balance = 2 dollars
--------------------------------------------------
John came home and returned the Mother - 1 dollar and the Father - 1 dollar ...
Consequently...
John must return his mother 24 dollars and his father 24 dollars
Another $ 3 he will return to Mary ...

==============================================
Now we consider the financial balance:
= 24 + 24 + 3 = 51 dollars ...
---------------------
But, John took only $ 50 !!!!

================================
Where did the "extra 1 dollar" come from?

Titties

In Moscow, 3 am ...

I am not interested in arguing at all. This is twice you have replied to my comment about the flaw in your word problem. It is obvious that I am correct, and yet you refuse to acknowledge that the roommate borrowed $3 and then you had the cowboy pay them back $3. Obviously you are dishonest where this problem is concerned.

Enjoy the day.

In Moscow, 3 am ...

I would not apologize or prove anything to the Americans. They do not understand this. Rather, they understand this as a manifestation of weakness. Look, look, this one's already started cheating. Will we teach him his courtesy?

The biggest flaw is he claimed the cowboy was to repay the parents $24 each. Take away the $1 he gave each, and that is $23

2X23<>45

Basic math - he misstated the equation. The cowboy owed his parents $22.50 each.

I don't know if this was a really clumsy attempt at a trick question, but it fell flat.

In Moscow, 3 am ...

I would not apologize or prove anything to the Americans. They do not understand this. Rather, they understand this as a manifestation of weakness. Look, look, this one's already started cheating. Will we teach him his courtesy?

I don't expect for anyone to apologize to anyone based on their nationality. That is simply stupid.

However, to misrepresent the word problem, and then continually ignore someone pointing it out would be a good reason to apologize.

As for cheating and teaching someone courtesy, if you were referring to me, I have not cheated. And if what you could teach me about courtesy would fit on the head of a pin.

To begin with, I will remind you of the conditions of my task ..

Cowboy, John, took $ 25 from his mother and $ 25 from his father ...
Balance = $ 50
Then, John went to the tavern, and drank 45 dollars ..
Balance = 5 dollars
Then, drunk John went home ... He met his girlfriend Mary, who asked him to borrow $ 3
Balance = 2 dollars
--------------------------------------------------
John came home and returned the Mother - 1 dollar and the Father - 1 dollar ...
Consequently...
Another $ 3 he will return to Mary ...

==============================================
Now we consider the financial balance:
= 24 + 24 + 3 = 51 dollars ...
---------------------
But, John took only $ 50 !!!!

================================
Where did the "extra 1 dollar" come from?

So - this is a financial task ...
To solve it correctly, you must have a good education.
-------------------------------------------------
To solve the financial problem, you need to know what a "double entry system" is - balance ...

Balance is Debit and Credit ...

- Credit is the source of your financial assets, the money that you must return or the income that you must receive ...
- Debit is an investment of your financial assets, money that you must receive or expenses that you must pay

Now we will build a balance for John ...

1. John borrowed from Mom and Dad for $ 25, only $ 50 ...
John's balance looks like this:
drunk1.JPG

=========================================================
2. John drank 45 dollars ...
drunk2.JPG

========================================================
3. John met Mary and gave her $ 3 a loan
drunk3.JPG

===========================================================
4. John returned home and gave Mom and Dad for $ 1
drunk4.JPG

Last edited:
In this way...
There is no "extra dollar" in this task ...
-----------------------------
This task is built so as to confuse you ...
Here in this punk:
- John should Mom 24 dollars and the Pope 24 dollars
- Another 3 dollars Mary should John
Hence = 24 + 24 + 3 = 51
------------------------------------------------------
But, Mom and Dad are CREDIT, and Mary is DEBIT :04:
Debit is never added to a Credit!

But, a person who has a good education, will always solve it,
:04:

Last edited:
I don't expect for anyone to apologize to anyone based on their nationality. That is simply stupid.

However, to misrepresent the word problem, and then continually ignore someone pointing it out would be a good reason to apologize.

As for cheating and teaching someone courtesy, if you were referring to me, I have not cheated. And if what you could teach me about courtesy would fit on the head of a pin.

Next time, when you dare write such bad things about me, wash and shave ...
Your opinion is absolutely not interesting to me.
I answer you only because I appreciate Old Age

Topic is closed ...
I asked the task and wrote the answer.
----------------------------
I left this branch

Topic is closed ...
I asked the task and wrote the answer.
----------------------------
I left this branch

Next time you decide to write a math problem, and claim it takes an educated person to solve it, make sure you write it properly.

From your original math problem:
"Then, John went to the tavern, and drank 45 dollars ..
Balance = 5 dollars
Balance = 2 dollars"

From the above it is obvious that John loaned Mary $3.

And yet...

"
Another $ 3 he will return to Mary ..."

Why would John return $3 to Mary? I have pointed this out several times, and you refuse to acknowledge that your word problem was wrong from the beginning.

Forum List

Back