A federal Judge Just Ruled Against Over 100 Houston Hospital Workers Who Will Be Fired If They Don't Get The COVID-19 Vaccine

It's just common sense to require hospital employees to be vaccinated.

Sorry that the unvaccinated are going to be fired, but they chose to work in one of those states where the politicians they supported fought very hard to pass and maintain these absurdly named "right-to-work" laws. They shouldn't go to the courts to complain. They should go to their state government.

Be careful what you wish for.

How is it that you know they supported the politicians that supported "right to work"? I didn't read that in the article.
"They" specifically? We have no idea.

"They" the people of Texas? They elected them.

Sorry that the unvaccinated are going to be fired, but they chose to work in one of those states where the politicians they supported fought very hard to pass and maintain these absurdly named "right-to-work" laws. They shouldn't go to the courts to complain. They should go to their state government.

How is it that you know they supported the politicians that supported "right to work"? I didn't read that in the article.

No, not all Texans' did.

No, not all Texans' did.
The majority.

That is how people get elected.

No, not all Texans' did.
The majority.

It's like discussing something with your dog.

No, not all Texans' did.
The majority.

Look, kid. You're the one who decided to split this particular hair.

Fuckin' deal with it.

I support the employee's right to not have the vaccine.

However Texas is a "right to work" state so an employer can fire someone for just about any reason in that state leaving the employee with nearly no recourse.

The judge ruled against the employees. I knew the judge would. I do agree with the judge on how absurd it is to compare the vaccine mandate by the employer to the holocaust and the experiments on innocent jewish people. Using that comparison is ridiculous.

They plan to appeal so it's not over.

This is probably a situation where management should have set the example and taken their turn first for the new vaccine.

When medical personnel don't want to get vaccinated perhaps what we should be asking is what is it that THEY know that we aren't being told? Just saying...
...a union could simply reassign them to facilities that don't require it, for the duration?

Exactly.

The conservatives in Texas have gutted employee rights and are proud of it.

Now, it's coming back to bite them in the butt.

No, not all Texans' did.
The majority.

Look, kid. You're the one who decided to split this particular hair.

Fuckin' deal with it.

It's splitting nothing. You like many others are unable to think outside of your safe little boxes you put people in.

No one is noting that Texas is a "right to work" state. An employer can fire an employer for any reason they want to. Agree or disagree with the vaccine if you support "right to work" you have no legal standing to be against what the hospital is doing.

Seems to me that the employee's lose or the entire idea of "right to work" gets tossed.

I sure did.

I put it in my OP.

I support the employee's right to not have the vaccine.

However Texas is a "right to work" state so an employer can fire someone for just about any reason in that state leaving the employee with nearly no recourse.

The judge ruled against the employees. I knew the judge would. I do agree with the judge on how absurd it is to compare the vaccine mandate by the employer to the holocaust and the experiments on innocent jewish people. Using that comparison is ridiculous.

They plan to appeal so it's not over.

They have every right to not get vaccinated.

They do not have the right to out others at risk in a healthcare setting because of their stupidity.

The judge was correct.

I agree.

No one is noting that Texas is a "right to work" state. An employer can fire an employer for any reason they want to. Agree or disagree with the vaccine if you support "right to work" you have no legal standing to be against what the hospital is doing.

Seems to me that the employee's lose or the entire idea of "right to work" gets tossed.
Seems to me that a bunch of people have completely ignored FEDERAL LAW here, which is supposed to preempt state law.

I sure did.

I put it in my OP.

Yes, sorry, I was speaking of the discussion that followed.

So, the hospital goes without 100 employees and now those remaining are unable to keep up with the demands of the patients and they start dying at a higher rate than the risk of catching COVID.

People in the hospital are usually there for serious, life-threatening illnesses or accidents. The disruption of their care is far more fatal than a virus that can be survived at the rate of 99.5%.

As an employer in a 'right to work state, they do have the right to fire employees who do not acquiesce to their unfounded fear-mongering. However, it should be widely known and published all through the area that the Hospital put the lives of their patients in serious risk for a political issue.

So, the hospital goes without 100 employees and now those remaining are unable to keep up with the demands of the patients and they start dying at a higher rate than the risk of catching COVID.

People in the hospital are usually there for serious, life-threatening illnesses or accidents. The disruption of their care is far........ more fatal than a virus that can be survived at the rate of 99.5%.

As an employer in a 'right to work state, they do have the right to fire employees who do not acquiesce to their unfounded fear-mongering. However, it should be widely known and published all through the area that the Hospital put the lives of their patients in serious risk for a political issue.

There are a ton of negative aspect to "right to work" but......................

Debt to Society - Mr. Fish

Seems to me that a bunch of people have completely ignored FEDERAL LAW here, which is supposed to preempt state law.
Post the federal law you think applies here.
HIPAA
ADA
Title VII 1964 Civil Rights Act
and more.

I would have thought these would have been better arguments than "NAZI'S".
If we're really going to be a full-blown right-to-work state, those federal laws should never apply and racists can fire negroes and homos at will.

So, why can't it apply to people with religious or conscience objections or for those who are susceptible to a vax reaction?

Or do we only care about fags and darkies?

When medical personnel don't want to get vaccinated perhaps what we should be asking is what is it that THEY know that we aren't being told? Just saying...
...a union could simply reassign them to facilities that don't require it, for the duration?
Bottom line is this, Daniel. If you force people to take a vaccine that hasn't gone through the extensive trials of a normal vaccine roll out and someone dies from it? Expect a HUGE lawsuit to be filed against you! Vaccines should be voluntary...period!

Forum List

Back