A few question's for atheists ?

Really,we don't believe in gravity ?

We don't believe the earth is round ?

We don't believe science research benefits our health ?

We don't believe the universe is expanding ?

All of which is spoken of in the bible i could go on and on.

Now you provide an explantion as to why you believe that life is a product of chance ?

The bible didnt mention any of that stuff.

Gravity.

"He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing." Job 26:7 NIV

"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing." Job 26:7 KJV

I would have to say it was luck. The moon is the only reference they had. It hangs there too

The earth is round.

Isa 40:22 It is He who sits on the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in;

Sounds to me like a guy standing on top of a large hill looking down. ie. They looked like insects.

Job 26:10 He has described a circle on the surface of the waters to the boundary of light with darkness.

A circle on water where the water stretches to the boundary of light and dark. Flat earth.

Universe expanded stretches out the heavens.

Isa 40:22 It is He who sits on the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers; "who stretches out the heavens like a curtain", and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in;

Isaiah 40:22- He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. NIV

Definitely talking about surrounding his people with a curtain, around the sides of the earth or in my passage, a canopy, and a tent, with sides. Spheres dont have sides.

3,500 years ago they were manipulating scientist of today ?

Why is it hard for you to say maybe these writers were inspired by a being greater than our imagination ?

Clearly 3,500 years ago man did not know what modern day scientist know today,they did not possess the tools or capabilities the modern day scientist does today.

The bible isn't manipulated by science. The bible is inconsequential to the vast majority of science. It's usually the Protestant Christian that challenges science. Science just investigates.

It's hard to say that the bible was "inspired" by a supernatural being because outside of the religion, there is no evidence of that supernatural being existence. Since you study religion, can you admit that the story of Jesus parallels stories of other "saviors" from different religions that predate Jesus?

The last sentence gets me. If scientist know more today than those wondering the desert century's ago, then why don't you think that they could be more accurate? That's like believing that a Ford Model A could beat a 2011 Chevy Corvette in a race. It just don't make any sense.

Because things they knew from the scriptures back then could not be totally confirmed as they are today.

I did not say the bible was manipulated by science.

I will say the bible does mentions things that can be confirmed through science.

If there is a creator though he would be the greatest of all scientist ,no ?

I realize there is no physical evidence of the unseen God,but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that only a being of great intelligence is responsible for the creation of the universe and life generating from non-life.

Sorry,You are correct. I meant the reverse. If it seems that you think that science should be manipulated by the Bible. Which is all the creation museum (in Kentucky) is. If you could prove that there is a creator, then debates like this wouldn't exist wouldn't it? But here we are.

It's all questionable, which is why you have your faith and I have my scientific theories. There is tons more evidence that the universe is too random for there to be any kind of intelligence behind it. I'm not going to ask about that last part because I have a feeling that it's just going to lead to more cherry-pickin' bible thumpin'.:lol:

The bible didnt mention any of that stuff.

Gravity.

"He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing." Job 26:7 NIV

"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, [and] hangeth the earth upon nothing." Job 26:7 KJV

I would have to say it was luck. The moon is the only reference they had. It hangs there too

The earth is round.

Isa 40:22 It is He who sits on the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in;

Sounds to me like a guy standing on top of a large hill looking down. ie. They looked like insects.

Job 26:10 He has described a circle on the surface of the waters to the boundary of light with darkness.

A circle on water where the water stretches to the boundary of light and dark. Flat earth.

Isa 40:22 It is He who sits on the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers; "who stretches out the heavens like a curtain", and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in;

Isaiah 40:22- He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. NIV

Definitely talking about surrounding his people with a curtain, around the sides of the earth or in my passage, a canopy, and a tent, with sides. Spheres dont have sides.

The key to the verse.

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,his throne is out away from earth what does men in space see when they look back at the earth ? they see a round planet a circle.

What can man see from any position on the earth ? they can see the heavens, the heavens are stretched in every direction from the earth. The curtain is the heavens.

Last edited:
The bible isn't manipulated by science. The bible is inconsequential to the vast majority of science. It's usually the Protestant Christian that challenges science. Science just investigates.

It's hard to say that the bible was "inspired" by a supernatural being because outside of the religion, there is no evidence of that supernatural being existence. Since you study religion, can you admit that the story of Jesus parallels stories of other "saviors" from different religions that predate Jesus?

The last sentence gets me. If scientist know more today than those wondering the desert century's ago, then why don't you think that they could be more accurate? That's like believing that a Ford Model A could beat a 2011 Chevy Corvette in a race. It just don't make any sense.

Because things they knew from the scriptures back then could not be totally confirmed as they are today.

I will say the bible does mentions things that can be confirmed through science.

I realize there is no physical evidence of the unseen God,but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that only a being of great intelligence is responsible for the creation of the universe and life generating from non-life.

Sorry,You are correct. I meant the reverse. If it seems that you think that science should be manipulated by the Bible. Which is all the creation museum (in Kentucky) is. If you could prove that there is a creator, then debates like this wouldn't exist wouldn't it? But here we are.

It's all questionable, which is why you have your faith and I have my scientific theories. There is tons more evidence that the universe is too random for there to be any kind of intelligence behind it. I'm not going to ask about that last part because I have a feeling that it's just going to lead to more cherry-pickin' bible thumpin'.:lol:

But some of your theories require faith to believe.

If you have never been able to to test study and observe a phenomenon you are going on faith to believe it happened.

Gravity.

The earth is round.

The key to the verse.

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,his throne is out away from earth what does men in space see when they look back at the earth ? they see a round planet a circle.

What can man see from any position on the earth ? they can see the heavens, the heavens are stretched in every direction from the earth. The curtain is the heavens.

He also saw the people, like grasshoppers. You cant see people from space.

If you have never been able to to test study and observe a phenomenon you are going on faith to believe it happened.

No you don't :lol:

That's the thing about science you're not getting. If a theory is tested under the best possible conditions, and it doesn't produce the theoretical outcome, then science studies further as to why it didn't happen and then possibly come up with a new theory to test.

Faith in religion does not require any testing for one to accept. You just simply believe it all to be true. It's basic Nature vs. Nurture.

Gravity.

The earth is round.

Gravity- Ok, I can see that but it's still doesn't explain the contradictions in Acts and Matthew.

As far as Isiah, that book was nothing more than imagery. Any one who has every studies creative writing or has ever wrote a story can see that. On a side note: Isn't the book of Isiah also where he he saw a "wheel within a wheel" and 6 winged beings that had 4 faces? Isiah is the book people point to for "proof" of extraterrestrials visiting earth. LOL

One of the books that damages the credibility of the "divinely inspired truth" in my view.

Isaiah was a prophet. When you read his writings it pertains to judging of Israel and prophecy concerning the messiah as well as the end ,and the greatness of the creator.

Can you be more specific concerning your contradictions for the book of acts and matthew ?

Can you do the same for the book of Isaiah ?

Acts 9:7 states that the men heard a voice. In contrast, Acts 22:9 states that the men did not hear or understand the voice.

Paul alone fell to the ground [Acts 22:7]
Every body fell on the ground [Acts 26:14]
Acts 10:9-16 out right went against what Jesus said. Matthew 10:5-6. The message was for the Jews, not the gentiles.

Isaiah- One of the rules is that no man is to use God's personal name, yet Isaiah does over and over again "Yahweh", not only that but just countless others. Bib scholars (not scientist) have claimed that there were 2 writers of Isaiah, which again, says that it was the bible was written by men and is completely fallible.

Funny story- I have a friend that believes that the bible is a creature of the church. It is what the church says it is. I have another friend that believes that without the word, there would be no church. What do you think of them? Which do you agree with?

As far as Matthew, you really don't see that? This entire gospel contradicted the other gospels frequently. That would be to big of a post.

Last edited:

The key to the verse.

God is.

Omnipoten, Omnipresent,and Omniscient.

Job 34:21 For His eyes are on the ways of man, and He sees all his steps.
Job 34:22 There is no darkness, nor shadow of death to hide there the workers of iniquity.

Omniscience: Does God Know All Things?

CP0713

OMNISCIENCE OF GOD- Introduction
Does God know everything? It’s not too surprising to hear non-Christians and even cultists deny that God is omniscient. But what is surprising is that a growing number of theologians today who profess to be evangelicals also deny it. Of course the real question is: What does the Bible say?

OMNISCIENCE OF GOD- God Knows Everything
The Bible repeatedly tells us that God knows everything. His knowledge, in fact, is “perfect [Job 37:16] and is “beyond measure” [Psa. 147:5]. He sees every move we make, He knows the innermost thoughts of our hearts and He even knows what we are going to say before we say it [1 Sam. 16:7; 1 Chron. 28:9; Psa. 139:1-6; Jer. 17:10; Heb. 4:12-13]. Unlike the false gods of our time, the Lord knows everything: Even what’s going to happen in the future [Isa. 41:21-24; 42:9; 44:7]. Jesus, interestingly enough, also tells us that our heavenly Father numbers the very hairs on our head. By the way, it’s interesting to note that God actually revealed to Isaiah the name of Cyrus even before he was actually born — in fact, one century before he was born. Cyrus, of course, was the king who returned the Jews to their homeland after the Babylonian exile [Isa. 44:28-45:1].

OMNISCIENCE OF GOD- Scripture Twisting
You know as Matthew 11 points out, God even knows what people would have done if their circumstances had been different [Matt. 11:21]. Well despite the evidence, some people today still deny that the Bible teaches that God is omniscient or all-knowing. As evidence they point out silly little things like in Genesis where God had to look for Adam in the Garden of Eden, or later on in the book of Genesis [Gen. 3:9-13] they point out that God had to go down to Sodom and Gomorrah to find out how bad their sin actually was [Gen. 18:20-21]. Well, it should go without saying that these passages don’t indicate, by any stretch of the imagination, that God doesn’t know everything. In fact, they’re not even very difficult to understand. You see, as a parent I often ask my kids where they are or what they’ve done, even when I already know, because I want them to face up to what they did wrong. God does the very same thing with us.

OMNISCIENCE OF GOD- We Can Rest in Him
Since God knows everything, we can have confidence in Him and in His promises — not only for peace in this life, but an eternity of joy in the life to come. And aren’t you glad that he knows you, that He knit you together in your mother’s womb, that he fashioned you and knows exactly what you are designed to do — that all the days ordained for you are written in his book even before one of them came to be? Yes my friend, God does know all things.

On the Omniscience of God, that’s the CRI Perspective. I’m Hank Hanegraaff.

The only things God can't do is lie or die.

That's the thing about science you're not getting. If a theory is tested under the best possible conditions, and it doesn't produce the theoretical outcome, then science studies further as to why it didn't happen and then possibly come up with a new theory to test.

Faith in religion does not require any testing for one to accept. You just simply believe it all to be true. It's basic Nature vs. Nurture.

Unless you were there and saw it how can you know for sure it happened the way you think? Example,you can look at the box score of a baseball game but it won't tell you how the game played out. The bible tells you how things are and does not always give us the details.

Evidence can cause an opinion but an opinion is not based on fact.

Gravity- Ok, I can see that but it's still doesn't explain the contradictions in Acts and Matthew.

As far as Isiah, that book was nothing more than imagery. Any one who has every studies creative writing or has ever wrote a story can see that. On a side note: Isn't the book of Isiah also where he he saw a "wheel within a wheel" and 6 winged beings that had 4 faces? Isiah is the book people point to for "proof" of extraterrestrials visiting earth. LOL

One of the books that damages the credibility of the "divinely inspired truth" in my view.

Isaiah was a prophet. When you read his writings it pertains to judging of Israel and prophecy concerning the messiah as well as the end ,and the greatness of the creator.

Can you be more specific concerning your contradictions for the book of acts and matthew ?

Acts 9:7 states that the men heard a voice. In contrast, Acts 22:9 states that the men did not hear or understand the voice.

Acts 10:9-16 out right went against what Jesus said. Matthew 10:5-6. The message was for the Jews, not the gentiles.

Isaiah- One of the rules is that no man is to use God's personal name, yet Isaiah does over and over again "Yahweh", not only that but just countless others. Bib scholars (not scientist) have claimed that there were 2 writers of Isaiah, which again, says that it was the bible was written by men and is completely fallible.

Funny story- I have a friend that believes that the bible is a creature of the church. It is what the church says it is. I have another friend that believes that without the word, there would be no church. What do you think of them? Which do you agree with?

As far as Matthew, you really don't see that? This entire gospel contradicted the other gospels frequently. That would be to big of a post.

I'm headed to watch my son's paintball tournament i will address what you brought up when i return.

Have a great day :bye1:

The key to the verse.

God is.

Job 34:22 There is no darkness, nor shadow of death to hide there the workers of iniquity.

CP0713

Does God know everything? It’s not too surprising to hear non-Christians and even cultists deny that God is omniscient. But what is surprising is that a growing number of theologians today who profess to be evangelicals also deny it. Of course the real question is: What does the Bible say?

The Bible repeatedly tells us that God knows everything. His knowledge, in fact, is “perfect [Job 37:16] and is “beyond measure” [Psa. 147:5]. He sees every move we make, He knows the innermost thoughts of our hearts and He even knows what we are going to say before we say it [1 Sam. 16:7; 1 Chron. 28:9; Psa. 139:1-6; Jer. 17:10; Heb. 4:12-13]. Unlike the false gods of our time, the Lord knows everything: Even what’s going to happen in the future [Isa. 41:21-24; 42:9; 44:7]. Jesus, interestingly enough, also tells us that our heavenly Father numbers the very hairs on our head. By the way, it’s interesting to note that God actually revealed to Isaiah the name of Cyrus even before he was actually born — in fact, one century before he was born. Cyrus, of course, was the king who returned the Jews to their homeland after the Babylonian exile [Isa. 44:28-45:1].

You know as Matthew 11 points out, God even knows what people would have done if their circumstances had been different [Matt. 11:21]. Well despite the evidence, some people today still deny that the Bible teaches that God is omniscient or all-knowing. As evidence they point out silly little things like in Genesis where God had to look for Adam in the Garden of Eden, or later on in the book of Genesis [Gen. 3:9-13] they point out that God had to go down to Sodom and Gomorrah to find out how bad their sin actually was [Gen. 18:20-21]. Well, it should go without saying that these passages don’t indicate, by any stretch of the imagination, that God doesn’t know everything. In fact, they’re not even very difficult to understand. You see, as a parent I often ask my kids where they are or what they’ve done, even when I already know, because I want them to face up to what they did wrong. God does the very same thing with us.

Since God knows everything, we can have confidence in Him and in His promises — not only for peace in this life, but an eternity of joy in the life to come. And aren’t you glad that he knows you, that He knit you together in your mother’s womb, that he fashioned you and knows exactly what you are designed to do — that all the days ordained for you are written in his book even before one of them came to be? Yes my friend, God does know all things.

This doesnt address the quote. You threw the above in as a last defense. Thats fine, you believe what you want.

God is.

CP0713

This doesnt address the quote. You threw the above in as a last defense. Thats fine, you believe what you want.

I'm just reminding you of the attributes of God. This is what I believe, it would make no sense to argue that God is Not capable when his word says he is capable. Let me be clear the only thing God is limited by is not being able to lie or die.

Last edited:

Unless you were there and saw it how can you know for sure it happened the way you think? Example,you can look at the box score of a baseball game but it won't tell you how the game played out. The bible tells you how things are and does not always give us the details.

This is what I've been asking you all along:clap2:

How do we know, if we wasn't there? I don't know' Let's investigate, report what we find, test it, come to gather with our findings, investigate and test further and report our findings and let other do the same. That is the essence of science.

Doesn't that sound better than just finding some books (scrolls) in a desert cave that could've been written 2000-5000 years ago (Not proven btw) and accepting it as overall truth, without question? That's faith.

There is no faith in science and there is no science in faith. To make such a claim is to show lack of understanding on both subjects.

God is.

CP0713

I'm just reminding of the attributes of God. This is what I believe it would make no sense to argue that God is Nat capable when word says he is capable. Let me be clear the only thing God is limited by is not being able to lie or die.

And that will hold you back while science moves forward.

God is.

CP0713

I'm just reminding of the attributes of God. This is what I believe it would make no sense to argue that God is Nat capable when word says he is capable. Let me be clear the only thing God is limited by is not being able to lie or die.

And here is an example of the kind of thing that frustrates the hell out of me when talking religion. God created everything, he is all-knowing, all-powerful, everywhere at once.....but he can't lie?! That doesn't make any sense. You are claiming god is limitless and then describing it's limits practically in the same breath.

This is what I've been asking you all along:clap2:

How do we know, if we wasn't there? I don't know' Let's investigate, report what we find, test it, come to gather with our findings, investigate and test further and report our findings and let other do the same. That is the essence of science.

Doesn't that sound better than just finding some books (scrolls) in a desert cave that could've been written 2000-5000 years ago (Not proven btw) and accepting it as overall truth, without question? That's faith.

There is no faith in science and there is no science in faith. To make such a claim is to show lack of understanding on both subjects.

Sorry i can be slow at times.

It appears the travelers with paul heard the voice that spoke with paul but clearly they did not understand what was said. The travelers were out to do harm to Christians as well and the scriptures do not say these travelers were converted to.

The message was for both,besides most of the deciples were Jewish.

Gal 3:28 There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is no male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

That is only Jewish custom to never speak the name of the Almighty.

The tetragrammonton = YHVH or YHWH appears over 7,000 times in the old testament this is the name of God ,if we were not to speak the name why does it appear so often in scripture ? What is the LORDS name ? his name was being used.

Psa 116:4 Then I called on the name of Jehovah; O Jehovah, I beseech You, deliver my soul.

Gen 21:33 And Abraham planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the everlasting God.

Joe 2:32

(ASV) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be delivered; for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those that escape, as Jehovah hath said, and among the remnant those whom Jehovah doth call.

(BBE) And it will be that whoever makes his prayer to the name of the Lord will be kept safe: for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem some will be kept safe, as the Lord has said, and will be among the small band marked out by the Lord.

(KJV) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

(KJV+) And it shall come to pass,H1961 that whosoeverH3605 H834 shall callH7121 on the nameH8034 of the LORDH3068 shall be delivered:H4422 forH3588 in mountH2022 ZionH6726 and in JerusalemH3389 shall beH1961 deliverance,H6413 asH834 the LORDH3068 hath said,H559 and in the remnantH8300 whomH834 the LORDH3068 shall call.H7121

(MKJV) And it shall be, whoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be saved; for salvation shall be in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, as Jehovah has said, and in the remnant whom Jehovah shall call.

And here is an example of the kind of thing that frustrates the hell out of me when talking religion. God created everything, he is all-knowing, all-powerful, everywhere at once.....but he can't lie?! That doesn't make any sense. You are claiming god is limitless and then describing it's limits practically in the same breath.

Because he is eternal,and he is perfect and just.

Forum List

Back