A few questions for the fundies

The vast majority of people in this country, know what the word "normal" means.

That makes them, and me, normal, and you not normal.

You are being delusional.

Admitting that the Christians are normal in no way requires you to support anything they do or say.

You just have to start addressing what they say, instead of trying to marginalize them...

Mmm, is that what this is about?

Do you know that you cannot justify your positions on the issues based on their merits?
Christians aren't normal, they believe in an invisible superbeing that raped a human to have a son. Now c'mon, let's face it, there's nothing normal about that, it's totally nuts.

Your problem here seems to be that you're conflating "normal" with "good". You're saying that Christians aren't normal because you find their beliefs to be unreasonable, but the term, "normal", has nothing to do with what you find reasonable. Normal just means common, and religious people are the majority of the human race. Thus, normal.

In looking at various dictionary definitions for "normal", I've come across the following:

Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected

The usual, average, or typical state or condition

Conforming to common standards, usual

You see that? Nothing about what you find to be good or reasonable. Thus stating arguably crazy or hateful things that Christians believe doesn't, in fact, make them abnormal. I promise, if you pull the emotional connotations away from that word, it'll all make a lot more sense.
Christians are a minority in the world, so no, they're not normal.
That's a false analogy.

Christians believe in the existence of God. So do the other adherents of other religions. Atheism is not the norm.
Actually, we started out by discussing what's normal, now we're on what's the norm. Either way Christians aren't it. They are a minority in the world, so not the norm, and believe that a ghost raped a human, which is not normal either.

Your irrationality and bigoted hatred are plain for all to see.

Give it up. YOu are making a fool of yourself.

We can all see that this is just you being A. a hater, and B, afraid to debate the issues seriously and honestly.

Christians aren't normal, they believe in an invisible superbeing that raped a human to have a son. Now c'mon, let's face it, there's nothing normal about that, it's totally nuts.

Christians are completely normal. You, without your bigotry and hatred of the norm, are the weirdo here.
Haters are the norm, you know, like those who hate gays, the transgender, those who would have an abortion, Muslims, ... you know, religious people like Christians.

Your anti-Christian bigotry is warping both your perception of the word/concept of normal

AND,

your percentage of what your enemies believe. YOu are being very self serving.
Your world concept of normal puts Christians in the minority, so no, Christians aren't normal.

I already refuted that stupid point. Bringing it as though I have not is an irrational Logical Fallacy on your part.

My points thus stand.

Your anti-Christian bigotry is warping both your perception of the word/concept of normal

AND,

your perception of what your enemies believe. YOu are being very self serving.
I'm not particularly "anti"- Christian, but I do think that you have no proof, are wrong, and live in a fantasy world where a ghost raped a human to produce a human zombie offspring. Which to me, is not normal behaviour/thinking.

Last edited:

Admitting that the Christians are normal in no way requires you to support anything they do or say.

You just have to start addressing what they say, instead of trying to marginalize them...

Do you know that you cannot justify your positions on the issues based on their merits?

Your problem here seems to be that you're conflating "normal" with "good". You're saying that Christians aren't normal because you find their beliefs to be unreasonable, but the term, "normal", has nothing to do with what you find reasonable. Normal just means common, and religious people are the majority of the human race. Thus, normal.

In looking at various dictionary definitions for "normal", I've come across the following:

You see that? Nothing about what you find to be good or reasonable. Thus stating arguably crazy or hateful things that Christians believe doesn't, in fact, make them abnormal. I promise, if you pull the emotional connotations away from that word, it'll all make a lot more sense.
That's a false analogy.

Christians believe in the existence of God. So do the other adherents of other religions. Atheism is not the norm.

He is just playing sophist word games to marginalize Christians, at least in his own mind,

to give himself an excuse for not addressing their views or ideas, seriously and honestly.
You want to discuss Christians views. Ok, do you really believe that a ghost raped a human to produce a zombie offspring?

And then please, purdy please, explain to me how Noah got kangaroos from Australia and back again without it having to be 250 million years ago when the continents were joined and dinosaurs roamed the earth with no humans in sight.

Christians are completely normal. You, without your bigotry and hatred of the norm, are the weirdo here.
Haters are the norm, you know, like those who hate gays, the transgender, those who would have an abortion, Muslims, ... you know, religious people like Christians.

AND,

your percentage of what your enemies believe. YOu are being very self serving.
Your world concept of normal puts Christians in the minority, so no, Christians aren't normal.

I already refuted that stupid point. Bringing it as though I have not is an irrational Logical Fallacy on your part.

My points thus stand.

AND,

your perception of what your enemies believe. YOu are being very self serving.
I'm not particularly "anti"- Christian, but I do think that you have no proof, are wrong, and live in a fantasy world where a ghost raped a human to produce a human offspring. Which to me, is not normal behaviour/thinking.

It's been repeatedly explained to you , by multiple posters, how and why your personal value judgements, are irrelevant to whether or not something is normal.

You position on this has been utterly refuted.

You are now just making a fool of yourself.

THis is about your desire to give yourself an excuse, at least in your mind, to A. spew hate, and B. avoid addressing Christian views and positions seriously and honestly.

That's a false analogy.

He is just playing sophist word games to marginalize Christians, at least in his own mind,

to give himself an excuse for not addressing their views or ideas, seriously and honestly.
You want to discuss Christians views. Ok, do you really believe that a ghost raped a human to produce a zombie offspring?

And then please, purdy please, explain to me how Noah got kangaroos from Australia and back again without it having to be 250 million years ago when the continents were joined and dinosaurs roamed the earth with no humans in sight.

Those specific views? Don't know, don't care.

They aren't really relevant to any polices issues today.

That's a false analogy.

Like what? You say I don't want to discuss real issue. Go for it, throw something on the table.

That's a false analogy.

Like what? You say I don't want to discuss real issue. Go for it, throw something on the table.

Sure, fine, one you touched on earlier.

Abortion.

THe Religious Right's position against Abortion is completely valid and it is fine of them to pursue it though the political process.

That's a false analogy.

Actually, we started out by discussing what's normal, now we're on what's the norm. Either way Christians aren't it. They are a minority in the world, so not the norm, and believe that a ghost raped a human, which is not normal either.

Christians are supposed to be unusual in the world. They are to expect the world to hate them, and we see it happening.

That's a false analogy.

What isn't normal is how my beliefs illicit an emotional reaction from you.

That's a false analogy.

Your beliefs are idiotic and not normal for sure.

That's a false analogy.

Considering the source I don't see a problem.

Predicting the future isn't too far off from reading minds, conceptually speaking
That's not appropriate, as I am doing neither of those things. Any fool can look up and see the scoreboard.

Actually, you can't see the scoreboard to which we're referring. The funny thing about history is that the people who decide which side was the "right" side, do so well after the shit happened. You know, once it's ACTUALLY become history. Declaring who is CURRENTLY on the right or wrong side of history is, in fact, the same thing as predicting the future. I can't even believe I have to explain this to you, it's such an obvious concept.
Yes, I am predicting the future. When one team is up 100 to 0 in the 3rd quarter, those predictions become pretty easy. And no, the game is not over.... There are still a lot of homophobic religious idiots who need crushed...

That's a false analogy.

Dude. He stone cold busted you.

GIVE IT UP.

... Christians aren't normal, they believe in an invisible superbeing that raped a human to have a son. Now c'mon, let's face it, there's nothing normal about that, it's totally nuts.

What about if you would first learn something about the theme you try to speak about?

Experience is by industry achieved
And perfected by the swift course of time.

Antonio, The Two Gentlemen of Verona I,3
William Shakespeare

Last edited:
Seriously, you are pretending to not know what the word normal means.

That is the core of your position here.

WAKE UP.
It goes like this, I'm more normal than you are.

You could argue that one either way. Christians, in particular, aren't the norm. On the other hand, more people on this planet are religious than aren't, and virtually all of these religions believe in apparently impossible, miraculous things, and in that respect, Christians are right there comfortably in normie territory. Personally, I like to think of myself as abnormal. What sad, scared, given-up-on-life motherfucker aspires to be average? More to that end, how sad is it when your emotional connotations dictate that you try and declare the things that you DON'T like as being abnormal? That's all insecurity talking.

That's a false analogy.

Predicting the future isn't too far off from reading minds, conceptually speaking
That's not appropriate, as I am doing neither of those things. Any fool can look up and see the scoreboard.

Actually, you can't see the scoreboard to which we're referring. The funny thing about history is that the people who decide which side was the "right" side, do so well after the shit happened. You know, once it's ACTUALLY become history. Declaring who is CURRENTLY on the right or wrong side of history is, in fact, the same thing as predicting the future. I can't even believe I have to explain this to you, it's such an obvious concept.
Yes, I am predicting the future. When one team is up 100 to 0 in the 3rd quarter, those predictions become pretty easy. And no, the game is not over.... There are still a lot of homophobic religious idiots who need crushed...

Lol, holy shit. Your team is up by that much? How in the fuck did Trump get elected? What's with the nationalist resurgence in Europe? Throughout modern history, politics has been a game of pong between left and right. If the ball is about to stick left and stop bouncing, it'd be a historical first. Not sure how you have so much faith in that idea. Ignorance really must be bliss.

That's a false analogy.

Considering the source I don't see a problem.
So your source of belief is idiotic as well. No kidding.

... Christians aren't normal, they believe in an invisible superbeing that raped a human to have a son. Now c'mon, let's face it, there's nothing normal about that, it's totally nuts.

What about if you would first learn something about the theme you try to speak about?

Experience is by industry achieved
And perfected by the swift course of time.

Antonio, The Two Gentlemen of Verona I,3
William Shakespeare

Teach me, please. I'd love to hear how nazis decode that story.

It goes like this, I'm more normal than you are.

You could argue that one either way. Christians, in particular, aren't the norm. On the other hand, more people on this planet are religious than aren't, and virtually all of these religions believe in apparently impossible, miraculous things, and in that respect, Christians are right there comfortably in normie territory. Personally, I like to think of myself as abnormal. What sad, scared, given-up-on-life motherfucker aspires to be average? More to that end, how sad is it when your emotional connotations dictate that you try and declare the things that you DON'T like as being abnormal? That's all insecurity talking.
If you think that believing that a ghost raped a woman to have a zombie child is normal, then you're as nuts as they are.

Forum List

Back