A few questions for the fundies

That's a false analogy.

Christians believe in the existence of God. So do the other adherents of other religions. Atheism is not the norm.
Actually, we started out by discussing what's normal, now we're on what's the norm. Either way Christians aren't it. They are a minority in the world, so not the norm, and believe that a ghost raped a human, which is not normal either.
What isn't normal is how my beliefs illicit an emotional reaction from you.
Your beliefs are idiotic and not normal for sure.
Considering the source I don't see a problem.
So your source of belief is idiotic as well. No kidding.
I was talking about you, Einstein.

Actually, we started out by discussing what's normal, now we're on what's the norm. Either way Christians aren't it. They are a minority in the world, so not the norm, and believe that a ghost raped a human, which is not normal either.

Pretending to not understand words, seems to be all he's got.

It goes like this, I'm more normal than you are.

The vast majority of people in this country, know what the word "normal" means.

That makes them, and me, normal, and you not normal.

You are being delusional.

Admitting that the Christians are normal in no way requires you to support anything they do or say.

You just have to start addressing what they say, instead of trying to marginalize them...

Mmm, is that what this is about?

Do you know that you cannot justify your positions on the issues based on their merits?
Christians aren't normal, they believe in an invisible superbeing that raped a human to have a son. Now c'mon, let's face it, there's nothing normal about that, it's totally nuts.

Your problem here seems to be that you're conflating "normal" with "good". You're saying that Christians aren't normal because you find their beliefs to be unreasonable, but the term, "normal", has nothing to do with what you find reasonable. Normal just means common, and religious people are the majority of the human race. Thus, normal.

In looking at various dictionary definitions for "normal", I've come across the following:

Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected

The usual, average, or typical state or condition

Conforming to common standards, usual

You see that? Nothing about what you find to be good or reasonable. Thus stating arguably crazy or hateful things that Christians believe doesn't, in fact, make them abnormal. I promise, if you pull the emotional connotations away from that word, it'll all make a lot more sense.
Christians are a minority in the world, so no, they're not normal.
... Christians, in particular, aren't the norm. ...

"Christians" are in a political dimension Jews (monotheistic Egyptians) and Greeks (monotheistic philosophers), Constantinople and Rome (Orthodox and Catholics), Orient and Occident. Europe (including the modern America) after the Roman empire reanimated different roots and created new philosophies, sciences and new forms of the Christian religion. The eldest active election of history is for example the election of the Pope of the holy catholic church. It uses electors (cardinals). This election is not far from the system of the USA - although the Vatican is an absolute monarchy and the USA is a democracy. Why do I use this example? Not on any special reason - it exists only a nearly endless row of examples, where the roots of our existing world are anchored and evolved in the Christian traditions and cultures. The Christian faith and tradition still sets norms.

Humanism is for example famous not because it centers human beings into the middle of our ideas about existence, how the ancient Geeks did. Humanism was in its rebirth a Christian humanism and not only an ancient Greek philosophy. Human beings are doing lots of things - but not all of this things are really human. Murder is not human, torture is not human and so on and so on. To burp is human - but not a gain of knowledge. Human is still someone who follows spiritual rules too. Modern humanists deny this, perhaps a reason why so many of the leading Nazis were once educated to be humanists - without to show a human behavior.

In the moment for example the norms of "abortion" are in most cases (not every single case) not compatible with spiritual norms as it are existing in the Christian religion or in Buddhism. I guess we can say the power to realize norms of the Christian religion is gone. This is not very important for Christians, because in history the people anyway did what they liked to do and the influence of the Christian religion was always only marginal. But on the other side: what will happen with the still existing traditional Christian norms? For example norms, which make understandable the existence of god given human rights?

Last edited:

He's young and petulant. Life will soften him up.

Too late, you already lost. :biggrin:

So you admit that you're soft. Good for you. Now go back to bed. :clap2:

Too late, you already lost. :biggrin:
I don't see how. You're just a pissed off kid.

Life softens up everyone. Especially the ones that are full of themselves like you.

At any point in your life you are the sum of your choices.

Life softens up everyone. Especially the ones that are full of themselves like you.

And you choose to be a constant asshole on this forum, who comes here to pretend that he's superior to everyone else, but doesn't actually ever add anything concrete to the discussions. Which totals up to you being one massive douchebag. Bravo.

And you choose to be a constant asshole on this forum, who comes here to pretend that he's superior to everyone else, but doesn't actually ever add anything concrete to the discussions. Which totals up to you being one massive douchebag. Bravo.
I think I'm more of a dick than an asshole but it takes one to know one, Taz.

Does it bother you that you are in control of your own destiny?

I'm in charge of my own destiny because I don't let a book of fiction like the bible dictate how I should live.

I'm in charge of my own destiny because I don't let a book of fiction like the bible dictate how I should live.
Are you sure you are in charge of your own destiny?

Tell me about a time you were prevented from achieving a goal?

I shot for the top corner and the goalie made a beautiful glove save. You can't win every single time you try something, that would be no fun. But it ultimately, your destiny is made up of all the wins and losses in your life.

I shot for the top corner and the goalie made a beautiful glove save. You can't win every single time you try something, that would be no fun. But it ultimately, your destiny is made up of all the wins and losses in your life.
So it was the goalies fault you couldn't score?

What do you base how you live on?

So it was the goalies fault you couldn't score?
It's my fault for even talking to you.

On personal moral standards. If I lived by the bible, most of the people in my immediate family would be missing an eye (an eye for an eye).

On personal moral standards. If I lived by the bible, most of the people in my immediate family would be missing an eye (an eye for an eye).

And what did you base those standards on?

Where did they come from?

Forum List

Back