A few questions for the fundies

... On personal moral standards. If I lived by the bible, most of the people in my immediate family would be missing an eye (an eye for an eye).

There are two meanings of the law "An eye for an eye":

(1) Someone has to pay exactly with the destruction of the own eye for a destroyed eye. We call this today: "related to the seriousness of the crime". Most people over-react when others make a crime and underestimate the own crimes.

(2) Someone who destroys an eye has to replace the destroyed eye. We call this today "causative principle" or "costs-by-cause principle". For example could the causer have to pay for a servant.

But who lost an eye in your family? Do you fight with an epee?

And you choose to be a constant asshole on this forum, who comes here to pretend that he's superior to everyone else, but doesn't actually ever add anything concrete to the discussions. Which totals up to you being one massive douchebag. Bravo.
I think I'm more of a dick than an asshole but it takes one to know one, Taz.

Does it bother you that you are in control of your own destiny?
I'm in charge of my own destiny because I don't let a book of fiction like the bible dictate how I should live.

What do you base how you live on?
On personal moral standards. If I lived by the bible, most of the people in my immediate family would be missing an eye (an eye for an eye).

And what did you base those standards on?

Where did they come from?
They came from experience.

I'm in charge of my own destiny because I don't let a book of fiction like the bible dictate how I should live.
Are you sure you are in charge of your own destiny?

Tell me about a time you were prevented from achieving a goal?
I shot for the top corner and the goalie made a beautiful glove save. You can't win every single time you try something, that would be no fun. But it ultimately, your destiny is made up of all the wins and losses in your life.
So it was the goalies fault you couldn't score?
It's my fault for even talking to you.
But how else would you learn anything? :dunno:

... And you choose to be a constant asshole on this forum, who comes here to pretend that he's superior to everyone else ...

Strange-fulfilling self-analysis?

Says the Jew hating Nazi. :rolleyes:

Your problem is that you don't have any feeling for right and wrong. I am a German with Jewish ancestors. Lots of people of my family were murdered in the holocaust. Genocides hurt normally generations of people - not so me, because god is my hope and shield. But I am not able to be the standard. So what you said here is in Germany on very good reasons a crime, which is not covered by the freedom of speech.

I find by the way a theory interesting which says the Nazis liked god to be undone. I guess to live in a world without god is your dream too. And could be - if your dreams became true - you could awake in your own nightmare.

Last edited:
The vast majority of people in this country, know what the word "normal" means.

That makes them, and me, normal, and you not normal.

You are being delusional.

Admitting that the Christians are normal in no way requires you to support anything they do or say.

You just have to start addressing what they say, instead of trying to marginalize them...

Mmm, is that what this is about?

Do you know that you cannot justify your positions on the issues based on their merits?
Christians aren't normal, they believe in an invisible superbeing that raped a human to have a son. Now c'mon, let's face it, there's nothing normal about that, it's totally nuts.

Your problem here seems to be that you're conflating "normal" with "good". You're saying that Christians aren't normal because you find their beliefs to be unreasonable, but the term, "normal", has nothing to do with what you find reasonable. Normal just means common, and religious people are the majority of the human race. Thus, normal.

In looking at various dictionary definitions for "normal", I've come across the following:

Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected

The usual, average, or typical state or condition

Conforming to common standards, usual

You see that? Nothing about what you find to be good or reasonable. Thus stating arguably crazy or hateful things that Christians believe doesn't, in fact, make them abnormal. I promise, if you pull the emotional connotations away from that word, it'll all make a lot more sense.
Christians are a minority in the world, so no, they're not normal.

You could argue that one either way. Christians, in particular, aren't the norm. On the other hand, more people on this planet are religious than aren't, and virtually all of these religions believe in apparently impossible, miraculous things, and in that respect, Christians are right there comfortably in normie territory. Personally, I like to think of myself as abnormal. What sad, scared, given-up-on-life motherfucker aspires to be average? More to that end, how sad is it when your emotional connotations dictate that you try and declare the things that you DON'T like as being abnormal? That's all insecurity talking.
If you think that believing that a ghost raped a woman to have a zombie child is normal, then you're as nuts as they are.

There you go again with your silly connotations. Nuts and normal aren't related concepts. We -just- went over this, it's like I'm talking to a gold fish. Try and keep track of the definitions.

Personally, I don't find the immaculate conception story particularly compelling, and I see no particular reason to believe that some supernatural, all powerful creator is paying attention or even remotely concerned with what's going on here on ONE flying rock out of so many that I would have to describe the number in exponential terms. Seems like a pretty sane, rational position to me, but I recognize that it's an opinion that, in regards to religion, pushes -me- out of the norm.

Between all powerful torturers, all powerful wish granters, physically intangible essences that disconnect from our physical bodies at death and travel to other realms of existence or recycle back into the system at a station based on its conduct during its last life. . . there are more people who believe in miraculous, crazy sounding shit than people who don't. Deal with it.

On personal moral standards. If I lived by the bible, most of the people in my immediate family would be missing an eye (an eye for an eye).

Your parents didn't come into it? What about your environment? No authority figures or stories with lessons that taught you anything?

Your team is up by that much?
As far as the specific topic we were talking about, before you sissied out and changed the topic to Trump? Yes, easily. More like 200 to 0.

Topic change? Are you retarded? I was simply pointing out examples that your ideological fellow travelers don't have the dominant political position that you're claiming. Are you really that unfamiliar with how an argument works, what with supporting points and the like?

Christians aren't normal, they believe in an invisible superbeing that raped a human to have a son. Now c'mon, let's face it, there's nothing normal about that, it's totally nuts.

Your problem here seems to be that you're conflating "normal" with "good". You're saying that Christians aren't normal because you find their beliefs to be unreasonable, but the term, "normal", has nothing to do with what you find reasonable. Normal just means common, and religious people are the majority of the human race. Thus, normal.

In looking at various dictionary definitions for "normal", I've come across the following:

You see that? Nothing about what you find to be good or reasonable. Thus stating arguably crazy or hateful things that Christians believe doesn't, in fact, make them abnormal. I promise, if you pull the emotional connotations away from that word, it'll all make a lot more sense.

You could argue that one either way. Christians, in particular, aren't the norm. On the other hand, more people on this planet are religious than aren't, and virtually all of these religions believe in apparently impossible, miraculous things, and in that respect, Christians are right there comfortably in normie territory. Personally, I like to think of myself as abnormal. What sad, scared, given-up-on-life motherfucker aspires to be average? More to that end, how sad is it when your emotional connotations dictate that you try and declare the things that you DON'T like as being abnormal? That's all insecurity talking.
If you think that believing that a ghost raped a woman to have a zombie child is normal, then you're as nuts as they are.

There you go again with your silly connotations. Nuts and normal aren't related concepts. We -just- went over this, it's like I'm talking to a gold fish. Try and keep track of the definitions.

Personally, I don't find the immaculate conception story particularly compelling, and I see no particular reason to believe that some supernatural, all powerful creator is paying attention or even remotely concerned with what's going on here on ONE flying rock out of so many that I would have to describe the number in exponential terms. Seems like a pretty sane, rational position to me, but I recognize that it's an opinion that, in regards to religion, pushes -me- out of the norm.

Between all powerful torturers, all powerful wish granters, physically intangible essences that disconnect from our physical bodies at death and travel to other realms of existence or recycle back into the system at a station based on its conduct during its last life. . . there are more people who believe in miraculous, crazy sounding shit than people who don't. Deal with it.
I deal with it just fine, but don't consider it normal behavior to believe in a ghost who fucks a virgin, because it's not normal, nor is it the norm.

Your parents didn't come into it? What about your environment? No authority figures or stories with lessons that taught you anything?
Nope, just my own experiences that I took whatever from here and there. My parents are fucking douchebags and most of the "moral" stories came from going to church, and I thought that was total bullshit, even at a very early age.

Life softens up everyone. Especially the ones that are full of themselves like you.

At any point in your life you are the sum of your choices.
And you choose to be a constant asshole on this forum, who comes here to pretend that he's superior to everyone else, but doesn't actually ever add anything concrete to the discussions. Which totals up to you being one massive douchebag. Bravo.

I'm always impressed by the hubris inherent in "I don't need to know about wisdom throughout human history. I'm much smarter than everyone who ever lived combined!"

Just from watching you, I don't think you could puzzle out how to assemble an Ikea bookcase without the instructions, let alone assemble a complete moral code without references. I also suspect your "personal moral standard" is really just a lot of stuff you borrowed from other places, including the Bible, leavened with a heaping helping of "I want to do this right now, therefore it is now moral". And then you stood around, congratulating yourself on how you "figured out what was right" all by yourself.

Really? You've personally experienced everything about which you have an opinion regarding right and wrong? Who'd you kill?

No, he probably really believes that he somehow personally figured out that murder, for example, was wrong in a complete vacuum, with absolutely no reference to any other people or other moral standards.

I deal with it just fine, but don't consider it normal behavior to believe in a ghost who fucks a virgin, because it's not normal, nor is it the norm.

Lol, I suppose I should just stop. You don't seem to be able to separate the concept of normal and the concept of things that you find ridiculous, even though they're completely unrelated, and, realistically, helping you figure that out isn't something that sounds entertaining. Thanks for the convo.

Lol, I suppose I should just stop. You don't seem to be able to separate the concept of normal and the concept of things that you find ridiculous, even though they're completely unrelated, and, realistically, helping you figure that out isn't something that sounds entertaining. Thanks for the convo.
Christians are a minority in the world, so not normal and not the norm. Hope that helps.

Really? You've personally experienced everything about which you have an opinion regarding right and wrong? Who'd you kill?
Personal experience includes things I’ve read or seen, not just that I’ve lived myself. Now you know.

I'm always impressed by the hubris inherent in "I don't need to know about wisdom throughout human history. I'm much smarter than everyone who ever lived combined!"

Just from watching you, I don't think you could puzzle out how to assemble an Ikea bookcase without the instructions, let alone assemble a complete moral code without references. I also suspect your "personal moral standard" is really just a lot of stuff you borrowed from other places, including the Bible, leavened with a heaping helping of "I want to do this right now, therefore it is now moral". And then you stood around, congratulating yourself on how you "figured out what was right" all by yourself.
Your moral reference comes from a book where a ghost rapes a woman to make a zombie child. And before that, your ghost mass murdered nearly everyone in a flood it caused. And on and on... so please spare us the lecture of how your morality is the purest.

Nope, just my own experiences that I took whatever from here and there. My parents are fucking douchebags and most of the "moral" stories came from going to church, and I thought that was total bullshit, even at a very early age.

No man is an island.

YOu might have rebelled and rejected your parents and their teachings, but you didn't invent your morals out of thin air.

DO you believe that stealing is wrong, and if so, when did you come to that conclusion?

Forum List

Back