A few questions for the fundies

My answer to the OP stands.

In REpublican controlled America, you have freedom of speech.

IN the UK, controlled by people more like Mathew and you, you do not.

I'll side with the Mormons and their magic underwear over you lefties any day.
In your republican America you also have freedom to live in a make believe world and be taken seriously.

Minus your spin, I agree that in America you have religious Freedom.

I just think that is a good thing.

YOu are against it.
We need Freedom FROM religion. Religion is a make-believe thing and we take it WAY too seriously. Some religious freedom is ok, but we've gone way overboard...

You need freedom from religion? Why, is someone coming by your house every Sunday morning and forcing you to attend church at gunpoint or something?

Or are you suggesting that you need some invented "right" to live in complete obliviousness to any and all beliefs of other people that you don't like? Because I'm sure you can find a nice mountaintop to isolate yourself on, and I'm sure lots of people will volunteer to help you pack.
Religious people are trying to teach Creationism is school, a totally made up concept. They are trying to deny gays the right to marry, to be served in stores (the cake incident...). They are also trying to overturn Roe vs Wade and tell people what to do with their own bodies. They are heavily against the transgender. They support Israel for the sole reason of igniting Armageddon so that Zombie Jesus can come back again. Don't actually want anyone else to have actual freedom of religion, like Muslims who aren't allowed sharia law, and Rastafarians who will get arrested for smoking weed, which to them is part of their religion. Should I go on?

That is some good irrational circular logic there.

You assume your premise, ie that in the context of abortion, that there is only the woman involved, and then reach your self serving conclusion that your opponents are just "trying to control her body."

For someone who pretends to dislike irrationality, you certainly have a lot of it.

We need Freedom FROM religion. Religion is a make-believe thing and we take it WAY too seriously. Some religious freedom is ok, but we've gone way overboard...

You need freedom from religion? Why, is someone coming by your house every Sunday morning and forcing you to attend church at gunpoint or something?

Or are you suggesting that you need some invented "right" to live in complete obliviousness to any and all beliefs of other people that you don't like? Because I'm sure you can find a nice mountaintop to isolate yourself on, and I'm sure lots of people will volunteer to help you pack.
Religious people are trying to teach Creationism is school, a totally made up concept. They are trying to deny gays the right to marry, to be served in stores (the cake incident...). They are also trying to overturn Roe vs Wade and tell people what to do with their own bodies. They are heavily against the transgender. They support Israel for the sole reason of igniting Armageddon so that Zombie Jesus can come back again. Don't actually want anyone else to have actual freedom of religion, like Muslims who aren't allowed sharia law, and Rastafarians who will get arrested for smoking weed, which to them is part of their religion. Should I go on?

Blah blah blah "I see the world this way, and you must pretend that it is reality!"

I just heard you say exactly what I already did, which basically makes it a redundant waste of time: you think you need the "right" to have everyone who disagrees with you shut up and let you pretend no beliefs but yours exist.

I find the constant need of leftists to spew their poison into society enormously annoying, but you don't see me trying to deny them the right to express their beliefs and try to influence public policy according to them by sniveling about need "freedom from idiots". Sack up, dude. If I didn't make it clear before, no one's "forcing" religion on you unless someone's actually hauling you to church in handcuffs.
I just showed you how the religious are trying to force others to live by their rules. You don't have to shut up, you just have to stop trying to get me to live by your rules, which your side fights incessantly for them to be put into laws.

No, you just showed me that religious people are availing themselves of the same First Amendment rights to try to affect society that you have no problem arrogating to yourself. If I pointed out that leftists are teaching all manner of things in classrooms - not just TRYING to teach them, but actually teaching them - that the parents of the children themselves find repellant, that gays are shutting down businesses and hauling people in front of the US Supreme Court to demand that they do things they don't want to, that leftists pushed abortion-on-demand on the nation by dodging around the actual legal process for passing laws, that they are trying to pass laws actually demanding that people not just tolerate their behavior but must actively pretend to agree with them, we both know you would just airily dismiss it all as no big deal, and insist it wasn't forcing anything on anyone.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you're a giant, whining hypocrite who should grow a pair and learn that you have no right to be agreed with and applauded. MOST people figure that out by the time they hit kindergarten, but I realize that leftists are a bit slow.
You can only feel better when you're putting me down because you know that your arguments alone can't do it. You're trying to make gays sit at the back of the bus in the US, and if you replaced the term "gays" with "black people" and used the same arguments, we'd all be back arguing the same things that we did back in the 60s. As for abortion, if you're against it, don't have one, but don't presume that you know how everyone should treat their own bodies. But noooooooo, you want to get right up in everyone's face about it, even when you don't even have a solution to your perceived problem.

By any objective standard, belief in a higher power is the norm and atheism is the exception. It's been that way since the beginning of man and for good reason too.
Wrong.

The notion of a ‘higher power’ is actually a very recent creation of man, manifesting around the advent of civilization.

Totemism was the belief system that existed for the vast majority of human history – the worship of nature and the earth, where belief in an afterlife was universal and afforded to all, a natural process independent of religious doctrine, dogma, or a ‘higher power.’

Indeed theism/deism is the aberration.
Don't kid yourself, the argument over the existence of God or a higher power or a Creator is as old as man.
And dingbat was run out of the religious forum at least once already with his nonsensical theories.
I don't recall that, bro.

My beliefs are rock solid too.

That's why you guys get so flustered. You have a preference for an outcome but lack the means to achieve it.

Nor even the means to intelligently debate them.

Let's keep it real.

HIs pretense that he doesn't understand the meaning of the word "normal" or even it's relationship with the word, "norm" is

UTTERLY PATHETIC.
Let's face it, your obsession over different definitions is not normal. :biggrin:

In your republican America you also have freedom to live in a make believe world and be taken seriously.

YOu are against it.

You assume your premise, ie that in the context of abortion, that there is only the woman involved, and then reach your self serving conclusion that your opponents are just "trying to control her body."

For someone who pretends to dislike irrationality, you certainly have a lot of it.
So what do you object to? That the father has no say? He has a say, but it's gone after he shoots his load into her without a condom on.

Wrong.

The notion of a ‘higher power’ is actually a very recent creation of man, manifesting around the advent of civilization.

Totemism was the belief system that existed for the vast majority of human history – the worship of nature and the earth, where belief in an afterlife was universal and afforded to all, a natural process independent of religious doctrine, dogma, or a ‘higher power.’

Don't kid yourself, the argument over the existence of God or a higher power or a Creator is as old as man.
And dingbat was run out of the religious forum at least once already with his nonsensical theories.

That's why you guys get so flustered. You have a preference for an outcome but lack the means to achieve it.

Let's keep it real.

HIs pretense that he doesn't understand the meaning of the word "normal" or even it's relationship with the word, "norm" is

UTTERLY PATHETIC.
Let's face it, your obsession over different definitions is not normal. :biggrin:

Says the lefty who is still lying about the meaning of a common english word.

YOu are against it.

So what do you object to? That the father has no say? He has a say, but it's gone after he shoots his load into her without a condom on.

I reject your pretense that you are not aware of your assumptions.

It is not credible that you have not been called on this bullshit before.

Who else is involved? Admit it. stop your lying.

Are you purposely trying to cloud your responses because you have nothing serious to propose as a real response? Or are you still drunk from last night?

masonry_preview.png

Gay wedding cakes always cost much more to bake because of all the secret ingredients.

Are you purposely trying to cloud your responses because you have nothing serious to propose as a real response? Or are you still drunk from last night?

Your premise is that no one else is involved other than the woman.

This is the Logical Fallacy of Begging the Question.

Why are you so afraid of honest debate of the issues?

This is the Logical Fallacy of Begging the Question.
I don't think that it's practical or legally possible, or even humanly possible to force someone to bring a pregnancy to term. You're talking some pretty heavy state control to get that done.

Like I said, once the guy shoots his unprotected load, he's already made his choice, i.e., that he doesn't care what happens afterwards, otherwise he wouldn't have done it.

Wrong.

Let's keep it real.

UTTERLY PATHETIC.
The norm is normal. Anyone who needs to quibble over that must not have much of an argument.

This is the Logical Fallacy of Begging the Question
I don't think that it's practical or legally possible, or even humanly possible to force someone to bring a pregnancy to term. You're talking some pretty heavy state control to get that done.

Like I said, once the guy shoots his unprotected load, he's already made his choice, i.e., that he doesn't care what happens afterwards, otherwise he wouldn't have done it.

Still Begging the Question. Why so afraid?

Of what?

Of what?

Like I said right above, of honest debate.

You are dishonestly framing the question to include your conclusion as a premise.

That is intellectual and moral cowardice.

Blah blah blah "I see the world this way, and you must pretend that it is reality!"

I just heard you say exactly what I already did, which basically makes it a redundant waste of time: you think you need the "right" to have everyone who disagrees with you shut up and let you pretend no beliefs but yours exist.

I find the constant need of leftists to spew their poison into society enormously annoying, but you don't see me trying to deny them the right to express their beliefs and try to influence public policy according to them by sniveling about need "freedom from idiots". Sack up, dude. If I didn't make it clear before, no one's "forcing" religion on you unless someone's actually hauling you to church in handcuffs.
I just showed you how the religious are trying to force others to live by their rules. You don't have to shut up, you just have to stop trying to get me to live by your rules, which your side fights incessantly for them to be put into laws.

No, you just showed me that religious people are availing themselves of the same First Amendment rights to try to affect society that you have no problem arrogating to yourself. If I pointed out that leftists are teaching all manner of things in classrooms - not just TRYING to teach them, but actually teaching them - that the parents of the children themselves find repellant, that gays are shutting down businesses and hauling people in front of the US Supreme Court to demand that they do things they don't want to, that leftists pushed abortion-on-demand on the nation by dodging around the actual legal process for passing laws, that they are trying to pass laws actually demanding that people not just tolerate their behavior but must actively pretend to agree with them, we both know you would just airily dismiss it all as no big deal, and insist it wasn't forcing anything on anyone.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you're a giant, whining hypocrite who should grow a pair and learn that you have no right to be agreed with and applauded. MOST people figure that out by the time they hit kindergarten, but I realize that leftists are a bit slow.
You can only feel better when you're putting me down because you know that your arguments alone can't do it. You're trying to make gays sit at the back of the bus in the US, and if you replaced the term "gays" with "black people" and used the same arguments, we'd all be back arguing the same things that we did back in the 60s. As for abortion, if you're against it, don't have one, but don't presume that you know how everyone should treat their own bodies. But noooooooo, you want to get right up in everyone's face about it, even when you don't even have a solution to your perceived problem.

You are, yet again, completely wrong. I'm enjoying calling you out for what you are because I know that my arguments have already done the job of utterly refuting you, and it's time for a victory lap.

I'm not trying to make homosexuals do anything except stop forcing their beliefs and desires on others. They're perfectly welcome to do whatever they please with their own lives. I get along quite well with a great many gays and transgenders who respect the rights of others to co-exist without applauding them all the time and look for ways to allow everyone to live their lives comfortably alongside each other. I don't get along with, or even try to get along with, people who think "co-existence" can only be achieved by bludgeoning everyone they disagree with into silence.

Oppressing anyone would require me to be a lot more damned interested in them than I happen to be.

I don't recall any arguments about black men using public bathrooms with women in the 60s, but perhaps you can get me a link to that.

I'm really fascinated by how you're frothing at the mouth over all manner of positions I haven't actually stated, simply because you have decided that I hold them. It's almost like you're trying to FORCE me into being what you want, yet again. Or perhaps it's like you're trying desperately to have a debate with yourself instead of me, because that's the only way you can win.

You are, yet again, completely wrong. I'm enjoying calling you out for what you are because I know that my arguments have already done the job of utterly refuting you, and it's time for a victory lap.

I'm not trying to make homosexuals do anything except stop forcing their beliefs and desires on others. They're perfectly welcome to do whatever they please with their own lives. I get along quite well with a great many gays and transgenders who respect the rights of others to co-exist without applauding them all the time and look for ways to allow everyone to live their lives comfortably alongside each other. I don't get along with, or even try to get along with, people who think "co-existence" can only be achieved by bludgeoning everyone they disagree with into silence.

Oppressing anyone would require me to be a lot more damned interested in them than I happen to be.

I don't recall any arguments about black men using public bathrooms with women in the 60s, but perhaps you can get me a link to that.

I'm really fascinated by how you're frothing at the mouth over all manner of positions I haven't actually stated, simply because you have decided that I hold them. It's almost like you're trying to FORCE me into being what you want, yet again. Or perhaps it's like you're trying desperately to have a debate with yourself instead of me, because that's the only way you can win.
Like you have gay friends, lol. They'd out you in a second for your homophobia. But ya, take a victory lap, because in Trump's new America, all the losers are now winners. :biggrin:

Like you have gay friends, lol. They'd out you in a second for your homophobia. But ya, take a victory lap, because in Trump's new America, all the losers are now winners. :biggrin:

Her words were completely credible, unlike Mr. I don't know what Normal means.

She is indeed, taking a victory lap, and if you truly believe she is NOT, then you need to stop kidding yourself.

She is indeed, taking a victory lap, and if you truly believe she is NOT, then you need to stop kidding yourself.
She is the grumpiest and most hateful person here. She can't debate without all her "I'm so superior to everyone else" schtick, which usually means that she's a small, frustrated person with a massive chip on her shoulder over her failures in life so she comes here to feel better about herself.

Like seriously, she has both "a great many" gay AND transgender friends? Don't make me laugh, I'd be surprised if she has ANY friends, lol.

Btw, you both aren't normal. Accept it.

She is the grumpiest and most hateful person here. She can't debate without all her "I'm so superior to everyone else" schtick, which usually means that she's a small, frustrated person with a massive chip on her shoulder over her failures in life so she comes here to feel better about herself.

Like seriously, she has both "a great many" gay AND transgender friends? Don't make me laugh, I'd be surprised if she has ANY friends, lol.

Btw, you both aren't normal. Accept it.

Dude.

Stop kidding yourself.

Yes, plenty of conservative and/or religious people have plenty of friends that are different then them.

It is you lefties that feel that you have to define anyone that disagrees with you as stupid and/or evil.

And she has totally kicked your ass here, even better than I have.

And I crushed you like a bug.

Forum List

Back