A Florida teen was accepted into all eight Ivy League schools -- and seven other universities

Nobody put crack into your communities. The druggies just wanted a cheaper, better high than powdered cocaine.
You could have Googled this yourself

THE CIA-CONTRA-CRACK COCAINE CONTROVERSY:
A REVIEW OF THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT'S
INVESTIGATIONS AND PROSECUTIONS
Chapter I: Introduction
A. The San Jose Mercury News Articles
On August 18, 1996, the San Jose Mercury News published the first installment of a three-part series of articles concerning crack cocaine, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Nicaraguan Contra army. The introduction to the first installment of the series read:​
For the better part of a decade, a San Francisco Bay Area drug ring sold tons of cocaine to the Crips and Bloods street gangs of Los Angeles and funneled millions in drug profits to a Latin American guerrilla army run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, a Mercury News investigation has found.​
This drug network opened the first pipeline between Colombia's cocaine cartels and the black neighborhoods of Los Angeles, a city now known as the "crack" capital of the world. The cocaine that flooded in helped spark a crack explosion in urban America . . . and provided the cash and connections needed for L.A.'s gangs to buy automatic weapons.
The three-day series of articles, entitled "Dark Alliance: The Story Behind the Crack Explosion," told the story of a Los Angeles drug operation run by Ricky Donnell Ross, described sympathetically as "a disillusioned 19-year-old . . . who, at the dawn of the 1980s, found himself adrift on the streets of South-Central Los Angeles." The Dark Alliance series recounted how Ross began peddling small quantities of cocaine in the early 1980s and rapidly grew into one of the largest cocaine dealers in southern California until he was convicted of federal drug trafficking charges in March 1996.​
The series claimed that Ross' rise in the drug world was made possible by Oscar Danilo Blandon and Norwin Meneses, two individuals with ties to the Fuerza Democratica Nicaraguense (FDN), one group comprising the Nicaraguan Contras. Blandon and Meneses reportedly sold tons of cocaine to Ross, who in turn converted it to crack and sold it in the black communities of South Central Los Angeles. Blandon and Meneses were said to have used their drug trafficking profits to help fund the Contra army's war effort.​

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

On August 18, 1996, the San Jose Mercury News published the first installment of a three-part series of articles concerning crack cocaine, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Nicaraguan Contra army. The introduction to the first installment of the series read:​

The three-day series of articles, entitled "Dark Alliance: The Story Behind the Crack Explosion," told the story of a Los Angeles drug operation run by Ricky Donnell Ross, described sympathetically as "a disillusioned 19-year-old . . . who, at the dawn of the 1980s, found himself adrift on the streets of South-Central Los Angeles." The Dark Alliance series recounted how Ross began peddling small quantities of cocaine in the early 1980s and rapidly grew into one of the largest cocaine dealers in southern California until he was convicted of federal drug trafficking charges in March 1996.​
The series claimed that Ross' rise in the drug world was made possible by Oscar Danilo Blandon and Norwin Meneses, two individuals with ties to the Fuerza Democratica Nicaraguense (FDN), one group comprising the Nicaraguan Contras. Blandon and Meneses reportedly sold tons of cocaine to Ross, who in turn converted it to crack and sold it in the black communities of South Central Los Angeles. Blandon and Meneses were said to have used their drug trafficking profits to help fund the Contra army's war effort.​
We all know his problem.

what does this mean then?

Mashmont said:

Would she get in if she weren't black or woke?​
Ivy League is extremely leftwing Marxist.​
My son could have gotten into one or more of the Ivies had he applied, but declined because they were so far left.​
And he would have made it on merit alone.​
UVa actively recruited him, but he turned them down. Same reason. Too leftwing.​
That’s not saying she got in because she’s black. That’s QUESTIONING if she got in because she’s black.

And given that Harvard has admitted that the majority of its black students would not have gotten in if they were white, combined with the fact that Harvard isn’t reporting her grades and scores, makes it a legitimate question.

You want it both ways. You want prestigious universities to have lower admission standards for blacks, and then you don’t want anyone questioning if a black student got in under those lowered standards. So these are the two options:

1. Allow colleges to continue their racist policies that have lowered admission standards for blacks, in which 2/3rds of acceptees would have been rejected if they were white - and realize it is legitimate to question whether a black student was admitted because of that, or….

2. Abolish racism in college admissions, and then everyone would know that blacks in these prestigious programs are there due to their merit and not their skin color

But you can’t have it both ways. You are in favor of racism (you….who goes around accusing others of being a racist) in which lower admission standards are applied to blacks, and then you object if anyone questions whether a particular black person got in due to those lowered standards.

My vote is for abolishing racism in the world of higher education admissions.

You know what you all are obviously overlooking? A person that successful, and even some not quite as successful as she but successful nonetheless, in all likelihood considers the questioning of her qualifications, capabilities, and intelligence to be quite laughable as the people raising questions about her recede in her rear view mirror.

YOUR doubts can't touch her therefore for all intents & purposes you don't even exist. So you all can mope and pout and stomp your feet all your want but the only thing you're accomplishing is showing the world your bitterness and envy, that you would attempt to crap all over the successes of a 17 year old girl as opposed to be happy for her.

She has a TRACK RECORD of successes that go back at least 3 or 4 years so her current success shouldn't be a surprise to anyone except apparently to those resentful of any advances in the lives of black people.

That's really sad.
We are not crapping on her. You want to ignore that Harvard’s racist admissions standards allows in blacks who would not be there if they were white - and fully 2/3rds of them.

Again, you want it both ways. You support racism in college admissions, in which more lenient standards are applied to blacks, and then have a fit if anyone questions whether a black student got in due to those more lenient standards.

If she had a 4.0 average and a near-perfect SAT score, we’d know she would have been among the minority of blacks who would have qualified if white. But Harvard doesn’t want her releasing that - and it’s because Harvard is ALREADY in hot water for admitting blacks over Asians with much higher grades and scores. The case is in front of the SCOTUS this fall, and they don’t want to give Asians any more ammunition.

I am on her side. Perhaps you didn’t read my posts? My reply was to someone assuming she wasn’t qualified.
Nobody here has assumed she isn’t qualified. But because Harvard has admitted that the majority of its blacks students would not have been admitted if they were white, it is legitimate to question whether she is among them.

Again, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t support racist admissions policies that admit the majority of blacks under lower standards, and then get upset if people wonder if any particular black student got in under those lower standards.

[/And that work of fiction has been debunked numerous times. Plus the Contras weren’t white, they were Latino.
If you had bothered to actually read the article it again debunks ALL the claims made by conspiracy theorists that the government was behind the crack epidemic.
It points out that two people loosely connected with the contras sold cocaine to a BLACK 19 year old who then got rich converting it to crack and selling it to other black people. It wouldn’t surprise me that drug profits were used to fund a revolution, most revolutions are funded by illegal activities unless they have a foreign government willing to pay the bills like France did for the colonies or the USSR did for Korea and China.

Last edited:
Letting you know how classless and in poor taste it is to use the death of an innocent child as cover for your agenda, whatever that may be, (what, getting sympathy from black people who don't know the things you say about black people on this message board) is not 'attacking' you.

If you're not a family friend, relative or someone whom the family has given their blessing to, then in light of your opinions and comments about black people here, yeah it makes you look on the pervy side having the photo of a young DEAD black girl as your avatar.

So how exactly does your documentation help reduce the loss of life of young black people? And why her, and not Tamir Rice or Trayvon Martin? What about Ahmaud Arbery or Sandra Bland?
My Black Deaths Matter thread makes you uncomfortable because I spotlight a horrendous problem that you and most of the Black community wants to hide. I find that unbelievable but that is what I've learned in the 2 years I have maintained the thread. So believe whatever you want to believe, I will continue to be an ADVOCATE for these kids who die in anonymity because of people like you who prefer to ignore the problem and attack the people bringing attention to the problem.

You know what you all are obviously overlooking? A person that successful, and even some not quite as successful as she but successful nonetheless, in all likelihood considers the questioning of her qualifications, capabilities, and intelligence to be quite laughable as the people raising questions about her recede in her rear view mirror.

YOUR doubts can't touch her therefore for all intents & purposes you don't even exist. So you all can mope and pout and stomp your feet all your want but the only thing you're accomplishing is showing the world your bitterness and envy, that you would attempt to crap all over the successes of a 17 year old girl as opposed to be happy for her.

She has a TRACK RECORD of successes that go back at least 3 or 4 years so her current success shouldn't be a surprise to anyone except apparently to those resentful of any advances in the lives of black people.

That's really sad.
Too bad the article doesn't name any of her academic 'successes'. No reference to any grades or scores or academic achievements. You'd think if someone were that outstanding, one of those things would be listed.

Nobody here has assumed she isn’t qualified. But because Harvard has admitted that the majority of its blacks students would not have been admitted if they were white, it is legitimate to question whether she is among them.

Again, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t support racist admissions policies that admit the majority of blacks under lower standards, and then get upset if people wonder if any particular black student got in under those lower standards.
You should not make judgments on people until you know for sure. I don’t support racial admission policies but I support students going to college, especially since this young lady had several other offers,so it doesn’t appear she was admitted because if her race.

You should not make judgments on people until you know for sure. I don’t support racial admission policies but I support students going to college, especially since this young lady had several other offers,so it doesn’t appear she was admitted because if her race.
You’re not seeing the whole picture.

1) I’m not making a judgment. I am pointing out that since Harvard admitted that 2/3rds of their black students would not have gotten in if white, it is a valid question to raise whether she got in due to race or not. That is the downside to having lower standards for blacks than whites or Asians.

2) I support students going to college, too, and that the best qualified should be the ones to go to Harvard. What about the Asians with higher grades and scores who were rejected? There is a case pending before the SCOTUS for racial bias against Asians.

3) The girl and the school could put this question to rest if they were to say she had a 4.0 and a near-perfect SAT. But there’s nothing reported on her stats. And it is because it would open them up to suits from whites and Asians with higher grades and scores.

Finally, you are thinking onky of the black girl and her opportunity, ignoring the fact that there was another student who would have liked to go too, perhaps an Asian, and was rejected. And the rejected student’s stats may have been higher.

You’re not seeing the whole picture.

1) I’m not making a judgment. I am pointing out that since Harvard admitted that 2/3rds of their black students would not have gotten in if white, it is a valid question to raise whether she got in due to race or not. That is the downside to having lower standards for blacks than whites or Asians.

2) I support students going to college, too, and that the best qualified should be the ones to go to Harvard. What about the Asians with higher grades and scores who were rejected? There is a case pending before the SCOTUS for racial bias against Asians.

3) The girl and the school could put this question to rest if they were to say she had a 4.0 and a near-perfect SAT. But there’s nothing reported on her stats. And it is because it would open them up to suits from whites and Asians with higher grades and scores.

Finally, you are thinking onky of the black girl and her opportunity, ignoring the fact that there was another student who would have liked to go too, perhaps an Asian, and was rejected. And the rejected student’s stats may have been higher.
I am seeing the whole picture. Considering this young lady had many other offers, it is unlikely that she was accepted due to race.

My Black Deaths Matter thread makes you uncomfortable because I spotlight a horrendous problem that you and most of the Black community wants to hide. I find that unbelievable but that is what I've learned in the 2 years I have maintained the thread. So believe whatever you want to believe, I will continue to be an ADVOCATE for these kids who die in anonymity because of people like you who prefer to ignore the problem and attack the people bringing attention to the problem.
You aren't advocating and the black community isn't hiding anything. What you have found is disgust with how you use the deaths of those kids to spew your racist garbage.

For example, you oppose reparations, but that would be money used t build and create the solutions. So what we find is that you are white trash and hot air.

Too bad the article doesn't name any of her academic 'successes'. No reference to any grades or scores or academic achievements. You'd think if someone were that outstanding, one of those things would be listed.
GFY. Nobody needs to show that to you.

If you had bothered to actually read the article it again debunks ALL the claims made by conspiracy theorists that the government was behind the crack epidemic.
It points out that two people loosely connected with the contras sold cocaine to a BLACK 19 year old who then got rich converting it to crack and selling it to other black people. It wouldn’t surprise me that drug profits were used to fund a revolution, most revolutions are funded by illegal activities unless they have a foreign government willing to pay the bills like France did for the colonies or the USSR did for Korea and China.
No it doesn't and I'm sure newsvine, like most other black people, has read the information multiple times. If this story was untrue, Dr. Carol Anderson would not have put her job in jeopardy by citing that article in one of her books.

I am seeing the whole picture. Considering this young lady had many other offers, it is unlikely that she was accepted due to race.
So why then not just get rid of racist admissions standards that let blacks in with grades and scores far below the Asians and whites they reject? This girl would have LIKELY gotten in anyway, as would any other black student whose academics were on par with those admitted from other races.

Work hard. Apply yourself. Have good values. Succeed.

That is a formula that transcends race and applies to us all.

There are an infantesily small number of blacks that could enter into Ivy League schools without AA. It is covered in the "Bell Curve.".There are some very intelligent blacks although a tiny percentage.
The single most recognizable scientist in our country is a black man.

I have never heard him whine about the imaginary "privilege" of white people.

So why then not just get rid of racist admissions standards that let blacks in with grades and scores far below the Asians and whites they reject? This girl would have LIKELY gotten in anyway, as would any other black student whose academics were on par with those admitted from other races.
A benefit to applying actual egalitarian LIBERAL principles by treating everybody the same is that it would eliminate the stigma successful black people have to carry with them that the only reason they succeeded was because they were given preferential treatment.

This is such a feel good story that I'll post the highlights in the comments section. I'm so very proud of this young lady, especially since she spells out exactly what she did to obtain her goals and has created her own company to ensure other girls can do the same.

Class of 2022! All the way!
No hate to this woman.

But notice THEY MAKE SURE to let EVERYONE know that she wasn't black American and she was Nigerian american

1655384460721.png

I say that because when a black immigrant does some fked up sh*t like last week when like this African immigrant (Chukwuebuka Nwobodo) killed and dismembered (click on pic) the body of a Black American woman in Houston.

1655384187293.png

That BULLSH*T get's dumped on us black Americans as "black on black crime" and all that nonsense

So my point is the way make to sure distinguish black immigrants if they do something positive HAVE THAT SAME ENERGY when a black immigrant does something negative

Last edited:
I agree on doing away with admissions based on anything except qualifications. This article as about a young lady who as accepted into an Ivy League school and offered many other opportunities. Speculating on what could have happened is irrelevant. This was a positive story on a board that usually has a lot of negative threads.

Forum List

Back