A Letter to Obama from a Military Wife

And with Cheney as Secretary of Defense under him. But nobody cared about this when he was VP for 8 years hmmm...
Funny none of you liberals have called out scat for posting a lie.
Yeah it was 23 years not 40. Whoop de freakin do. Nvm it was enacted under the GOP, and survived 8 years of the GOP without this loser wife whining about it.
Need a tissue? you sound upset. When were there muslim terroris'st shooting up us military bases in the states during the 8 years the GOP were in charge?
They didn't need to, as dear leader Dubya was way more efficient at getting them killed.

It was much harder for insane people to get guns back then. Thanks for that, Dicca.

On further research, it doesn't appear that the ban on weapons on bases applies to any branch of the military aside from the Army, since it is an Army directive.

Now please be so kind as to prove that no one at the training facility was armed.

TIA[/QUOTE]
Sorry Ravi, it was a DOD directive and it affected all Military Bases. I should Know I was in the Navy when it happened. I could not wear my 1911 .45 cal on base any more. I had to keep it in the Armory and could only use it at the Base Small arms range.

This has been military policy for more than 40 years. Why is this suddenly Obama's fault?

Are you weak at comprehension?
Statistikhengst (AKA Scat) STFU dumbass. It went into effect in 1992,Keep your stupid mouth shut about things you dont have clue about. I was in the Navy when that order went into effect.

Department of Defense issued a directive in February 1992 affecting the carrying of firearms on bases by military personnel. That directive was eventually implemented through a regulation190-14 issued by the Department of the Army (not via executive order) in March 1993,
Why would an Army directive apply to the Navy? Or Marines?
Department of Defense covers all military except the Coast Guard.

And with Cheney as Secretary of Defense under him. But nobody cared about this when he was VP for 8 years hmmm...
Yeah it was 23 years not 40. Whoop de freakin do. Nvm it was enacted under the GOP, and survived 8 years of the GOP without this loser wife whining about it.
Need a tissue? you sound upset. When were there muslim terroris'st shooting up us military bases in the states during the 8 years the GOP were in charge?
They didn't need to, as dear leader Dubya was way more efficient at getting them killed.

Obama has learned his job well then since more men in Afganistan were killed under his watch than GWB.

Obama has learned his job well then since more men in Afganistan were killed under his watch than GWB.
Yeah let's just ignore Iraq I guess :rolleyes:

Yeah let's just ignore Iraq I guess :rolleyes:
Why not? Obama has.

This pretty much sums it up: Obama's anti-gun policies put military members' and their families' lives at risk.

I have little hope that you’ll ever read this, but I have to get this off my chest. Since 1993, our military personnel, many of whom have had extensive weapons training including sidearms, have not been allowed to carry weapons openly or concealed on military properties. Yet on your watch the following incidents have occurred:

(snip)

When these bad guys are on base, there is little or nothing our disarmed military members–people like my husband–can do save hide, call 9-1-1, and hope like hell the MPs hurry up. Isolated recruiting stations are in a worse position, open to the public and completely vulnerable.

With the recent threats by ISIS to target military personnel and their families, why are we pretending our military bases and stations are not military targets, ripe for exploitation by hidden terrorist assets or lone-wolf nut cases? For the love of God and country, allow our military members who pass standard background checks and have weapons training to carry personal sidearms in or out of uniform. The lives of military members and families alike–families just like mine–could depend on the courage of these armed and honorable individuals.

The lives of four military members could have been saved today in Chattanooga by such a change in policy. May God comfort their families. I doubt, Mr. Obama, that you will.

Sincerely,

A Military Wife

An Open Letter from a Military Wife to Obama About Military Property Security PJ Tatler

And she is correct: Obama Will Do Nothing.
Why didn't she write that to George H.W. Bush? It was under his watch that this was implemented and IIRC it was because of the high rate of suicides on military bases.

Better to cough up some money and station MPs up the ying yang at all military facilities. Malls, too. Churches, too. And on and on and on.

Where's the list of shootings under 41's watch?
It was much harder for insane people to get guns back then. Thanks for that, Dicca.

On further research, it doesn't appear that the ban on weapons on bases applies to any branch of the military aside from the Army, since it is an Army directive.

Now please be so kind as to prove that no one at the training facility was armed.

TIA

Ah. So the circumstances have changed, but your Raving Mind can't grok that the regs should change as well. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ravi

I know you're struggling with that great Liberal education, but try to read the directive...

B. APPLICABILITY AND SCOPE This Directive: 1. Applies to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Military Departments, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Unified and Specified Commands, the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, and the DoD Field Activities (hereafter referred to collectively as "the DoD Components"). The term "Military Services," as used herein, refers to the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, and the Marine Corps

This pretty much sums it up: Obama's anti-gun policies put military members' and their families' lives at risk.

I have little hope that you’ll ever read this, but I have to get this off my chest. Since 1993, our military personnel, many of whom have had extensive weapons training including sidearms, have not been allowed to carry weapons openly or concealed on military properties. Yet on your watch the following incidents have occurred:

(snip)

When these bad guys are on base, there is little or nothing our disarmed military members–people like my husband–can do save hide, call 9-1-1, and hope like hell the MPs hurry up. Isolated recruiting stations are in a worse position, open to the public and completely vulnerable.

With the recent threats by ISIS to target military personnel and their families, why are we pretending our military bases and stations are not military targets, ripe for exploitation by hidden terrorist assets or lone-wolf nut cases? For the love of God and country, allow our military members who pass standard background checks and have weapons training to carry personal sidearms in or out of uniform. The lives of military members and families alike–families just like mine–could depend on the courage of these armed and honorable individuals.

The lives of four military members could have been saved today in Chattanooga by such a change in policy. May God comfort their families. I doubt, Mr. Obama, that you will.

Sincerely,

A Military Wife

An Open Letter from a Military Wife to Obama About Military Property Security PJ Tatler

Why didn't she write that to George H.W. Bush? It was under his watch that this was implemented and IIRC it was because of the high rate of suicides on military bases.

Better to cough up some money and station MPs up the ying yang at all military facilities. Malls, too. Churches, too. And on and on and on.

TIA

Ah. So the circumstances have changed, but your Raving Mind can't grok that the regs should change as well. Thanks for clearing that up.
they should put armed MPs at all military and civilian gathering places. Or are you only concerned about the military?

(snip)

Sincerely,

A Military Wife

TIA

they should put armed MPs at all military and civilian gathering places. Or are you only concerned about the military?

Nonsense. When seconds count the MPs are only minutes away.

This has been military policy for more than 40 years. Why is this suddenly Obama's fault?

Statistikhengst (AKA Scat) STFU dumbass. It went into effect in 1992,Keep your stupid mouth shut about things you dont have clue about. I was in the Navy when that order went into effect.

Department of Defense issued a directive in February 1992 affecting the carrying of firearms on bases by military personnel. That directive was eventually implemented through a regulation190-14 issued by the Department of the Army (not via executive order) in March 1993,
Then why didn't Bush and the Republican House and Republican Senate change it?

Ravi

I know you're struggling with that great Liberal education, but try to read the directive...

B. APPLICABILITY AND SCOPE This Directive: 1. Applies to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Military Departments, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Unified and Specified Commands, the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, and the DoD Field Activities (hereafter referred to collectively as "the DoD Components"). The term "Military Services," as used herein, refers to the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, and the Marine Corps
I don't see that in the document. Can you show me where it is?

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r190_14.pdf

Ravi

Click the link for the DoD directive. They put out a directive, then the different services put out their own based on that....

You're looking at the wrong one.

Then why didn't Bush and the Republican House and Republican Senate change it?
Ahh maybe because on thier watch, the muslims were too fucking scared to attack a military base on US soil, not so much now that we have a weakling in the whitehouse.

Forum List

Back