A "liberal's" perspective on last night's GOP debate

From a party that hates regulations, they seemed to have ideas for putting together new regulations just about everywhere.

no, they just hate a trillion regulations that handicap and handcuff greatness and punish winners and reward losers and jealous complainers.

Yes, without doubt, the CNBC moderators were overly excessive in their quest to start a cat fight among the GOP candidates. I am not sure that it was a liberal bias on their part, but a personal incentive to mark themselves as "journalists" and, in that, they failed miserably. Cruz......although I think he (and Carson) may be the worst of the candidates....was correct in calling them out for their pettiness.

That stated, the only half-way decent candidates out of that bunch may be Kasich, Petaki and Christie. The rest are either zealots or sorely unprepared to even stand up to Clinton.

The perplexing approach by all candidates is their use of the pronoun "I"...as in, "I will do x, y, z" as if we were electing a despot and not someone who will have to work with and through a thorny and highly divided congress.
well first, there no such thing as a liberal anymore, you leftist drag them to far to the left for that to be a proper name anymore.

but thanks for showing us who you like, those are the people that will never get any support from cons or the gop.

Clinton is not yet a shoe in and many on the left are predicting she will get berned.

Yes, without doubt, the CNBC moderators were overly excessive in their quest to start a cat fight among the GOP candidates. I am not sure that it was a liberal bias on their part, but a personal incentive to mark themselves as "journalists" and, in that, they failed miserably. Cruz......although I think he (and Carson) may be the worst of the candidates....was correct in calling them out for their pettiness.

That stated, the only half-way decent candidates out of that bunch may be Kasich, Petaki and Christie. The rest are either zealots or sorely unprepared to even stand up to Clinton.

The perplexing approach by all candidates is their use of the pronoun "I"...as in, "I will do x, y, z" as if we were electing a despot and not someone who will have to work with and through a thorny and highly divided congress.

Thank you for your honesty.
I'm not surprised that you would prefer the most progressive of the candidates. You however are wrong about Cruz, he would destroy Hillary in any debate. the guy is 100 times smarter and is used to arguing in the Supreme Court and has never lost. She'd look like the babbly moron she is.

His Constitutional arguments on Obamacare were wrong as was his ill-advised shutdown of Government

When has Cruz ever been right as a Senator?

EVERY SINGLE TIME. Just because the wrong side won, which happens a lot in Washington, doesn't mean Cruz wasn't right.

Cruz is more interested in pandering to nutjobs like you than he is in passing legislation

I'm not surprised that you would prefer the most progressive of the candidates. You however are wrong about Cruz, he would destroy Hillary in any debate. the guy is 100 times smarter and is used to arguing in the Supreme Court and has never lost. She'd look like the babbly moron she is.

His Constitutional arguments on Obamacare were wrong as was his ill-advised shutdown of Government

EVERY SINGLE TIME. Just because the wrong side won, which happens a lot in Washington, doesn't mean Cruz wasn't right.

Cruz is more interested in pandering to nutjobs like you than he is in passing legislation

No shithead, his job is NOT just to pass legislation. His job is also to block damaging and irresponsible legislation. He has attempted to do just that.

No shithead, his job is NOT just to pass legislation. His job is also to block damaging and irresponsible legislation. He has attempted to do just that.

And then what?

Congress eventually has to do something. They actually passed a budget last night

Where was Cruz to block it?

And then what?

Congress eventually has to do something. They actually passed a budget last night

Among all of your problems, all of your educational shortcomings, you are illiterate too. Good luck with that.

In other words, Cruz' "job" is to block and basically to do nothing....(Nice job)

Let's hear of all the bills that Cruz has written, introduced and have passed the congress. (LOL)

And then what?

Among all of your problems, all of your educational shortcomings, you are illiterate too. Good luck with that.

Please expand

What exactly has Cruz accomplished in the Senate other than shutting down the government?

In other words, Cruz' "job" is to block and basically to do nothing....(Nice job)

Let's hear of all the bills that Cruz has written, introduced and have passed the congress. (LOL)

No you illiterate idiot. Is EVERYTHING miles above your intellect?

And then what?

Please expand

What exactly has Cruz accomplished in the Senate other than shutting down the government?

Why? I have already done that but you either don't read my posts or you are illiterate. I'm thinking it's the latter.

That should be the last ever Republican debate hosted by CNBC

The republicans knew the bias when going in.

The same BS you saw CNBC give the GOP is the kind of BS Democrats wish to avoid with Fox News.

It is equivalent to having tea with your enemies in their dining room. Somebody may get poisoned.

You keep calling us "the enemy", you might not like how it ends for you
Does it matter how it ends. The democrats are the enemy. They know republicans are the enemy. That makes democrats somewhat more realistic than republicans.

Do Republicans continue to exist? We know there are social conservatives, tea party conservatives, neo conservatives, callous conservatives and single issue conservatives, but I've yet to read a post from a real republican.

Maybe someone can help me out, what defines a 21st Century Republican?
:bye1:

And then what?

Please expand

Why? I have already done that but you either don't read my posts or you are illiterate. I'm thinking it's the latter.
Still looking for a single Cruz accomplishment

Less than Obama when he was a Senator

And then what?

Please expand

Still looking for a single Cruz accomplishment

Less than Obama when he was a Senator

Learn to read, then we can talk.

Forum List

Back