A Man Of God Doing The Right Thing: Franklin Graham Blasts Buttigieg For Being Gay

I'm going to be seeing God tonight, I can tell you, bleev me!

trump-girls.jpg

The anti-gay thing is not part of core Christian doctrine. Jesus never said a word about it. Even if some people follow the mistaken beliefs that the King James Bible is inerrant and infallible and written by the Supreme Being, there is not much in there that relates to LGBTs. And there is a whole lot of other stuff that relates to other issues that is being totally ignored.

I would like to see this moron graham live an Ultra-Orthodox Jewish lifestyle.

This "man of God" thing is so totally asinine.

Sorry, "Reverend" Lice, but when did your expert-from-the-outside "Jesus Only" garbage become "core Christian doctrine"? For that matter, when did your straw man of "the King James Bible is inerrant and infallible" become "core Christian doctine"?

Our beliefs don't suddenly, magically become something different because some self-aggrandizing fool who learned all she "knows" about religion from talking points, leftwing blogs, and her own diseased imagination pops up and tells us she knows better in a sanctimonious tone of voice.

I'll tell you again what I've already told you innumerable times: demanding that we defend and justify ourselves to you would first require us to give a damn what you think, or to believe that you think in the first place. Hasn't happened yet.

Franklin Graham was cautioning Buttplug not to flaunt his homosexuality. Graham should have just shut up and the little weak chinned queen continue being obnoxious.

I disagree, from both a political and a religious perspective.

Politically, it's rarely a good idea to let your opponent's assertion of "fact" go unchallenged.

Religiously, challenging false prophets is part of his job description.

The anti-gay thing is not part of core Christian doctrine. Jesus never said a word about it. Even if some people follow the mistaken beliefs that the King James Bible is inerrant and infallible and written by the Supreme Being, there is not much in there that relates to LGBTs. And there is a whole lot of other stuff that relates to other issues that is being totally ignored.

I would like to see this moron graham live an Ultra-Orthodox Jewish lifestyle.

This "man of God" thing is so totally asinine.

Send Franklin Graham to Israel; let his whiny butt reside there until he croaks.

The gay demographic in Israel are treated like near royalty.

I don't hear Graham belly aching about gays in his beloved Israel. Israel is one of the 'gayest' nations on planet Earth.

Do you really think that LGBT folks are treated as "near royalty" or just that they are treated as equal members of society. From what I hear, the ultra-ultra Jewish fundies in Israel throw stones at women and girls and seek to block female worshippers from Judaism's holiest sights, so I think that there are fundie Jewish men in Israel who would not behave too kindly to LGBTs.

Fundies of every religion are a pox upon humanity. graham is one of them.

In comparison to nearly all other nations, yes; gays are generally treated extremely well in Israel ..........

Thank you. It's good to hear that. While I don't always agree with everything the Israeli government does, I think that the horrifying recent experience and the historical experience of the Jewish people with murderous persecution might give them an insight into how we must treat the human race.

Franklin Graham was cautioning Buttplug not to flaunt his homosexuality. Graham should have just shut up and the little weak chinned queen continue being obnoxious.

Politically, it's rarely a good idea to let your opponent's assertion of "fact" go unchallenged.

But people like graham ARE false prophets. He doesn't represent the Supreme Being on earth.

In reading Graham's statement, I would not say that he "blasted" Buttigieg. Instead, Graham respectfully observed that Buttiegieg's conduct and statements conflict with the Bible, and that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin, that sin should be repented of, and that marriage is between a man and a woman.

But people like graham ARE false prophets. He doesn't represent the Supreme Being on earth.

On what do you base that opinion on?

Says who? You?

Let me get right on valuing your assertion as it deserves.

th

Her assumption that reality changes to suit her because of her manifest "superiority" to everyone else.

Her assumption that reality changes to suit her because of her manifest "superiority" to everyone else.

If she is a "superior" to all of us, this nation is going to go down the tubes fast.

She can't post any facts and makes claims with no support and when pressed, she runs away.

If she is a "superior" to all of us, this nation is going to go down the tubes fast.

She can't post any facts and makes claims with no support and when pressed, she runs away.

Typical leftist. They always assume greater intelligence, knowledge, and morality than all the rest of human history, simply on the basis of how much they want it to be true.

How would anyone consider the likes of frankie graham to be a "man of God"??? He represents nothing but his own faction.

I've been criticized on USMB every time I've written that people who call themselves by the generic name of "Christian" need to identify themselves by denomination/group, but this imbroglio illustrates exactly why I have done so. Since the infancy of the Christian faith, it has split into factions over and over again. Even the more recent history of the colonies before the revolution against British rule shows this sectarian squabbling among the colonies.

As lately as yesterday, before this quote from franklin was published, I was asked by the courtesy driver from one of the stores that I shop at what religion I was, which I considered rude but let go. I had difficulty explaining to him, particularly given that his first language was not English, that I am a Christian but Christians are split off into different groups.

graham is saying that he has a right to be a Christian, but Buttigieg does not. I have to back Buttigieg on this one. graham is being a high holy jerk.

Graham is saying nothing of the sort. You are reading that into his words, because that's what you want to hear to rationalize your worldview. And because you're far from being the brightest or most literate . . . person, for want of a better word, on this board.

Buttigieg has as much right as anyone to be a Christian. What he does NOT have a right to do is to redefine Christianity to suit what he wants to do.
Buttigieg is not trying to "redefine Christianity." graham is, and he is totally out of bounds. As I said, Christians are continuing to subdivide. What shall we call you, the "Grahamite" faction?

Oh? So when he stands up and says that God wants him to be gay and that the core of Christianity is in tolerating and approving anything other people want to do - oh, and THEN immediately reversing himself by judging and condemning other people's actions - all in direct contradiction to what the Bible actually says, that isn't redefining Christianity? Why, because YOU want him to be right?

And Graham is out of bounds? Again, are you speaking from your vast "knowledge and experience" about Christianity and the job of a minister? Or because you consider it "out of bounds" to disagree with you?

Caring about what false prophets and fools like you think of Christians would require me to think of you as a sentient being worthy of my respect. As always, please hold your breath waiting to matter.
I'm going to be seeing God tonight, I can tell you, bleev me!

trump-girls.jpg

Is this why straight men shout "Oh, God!" "Oh, God!" at certain intimate moments of their lives, even if the neighbors can hear? In some Christian groups, this has been known as an "ejaculation."

The impression that graham seeks to give the public that he is a spokesperson for the Supreme Being, which he is not. I don't think that Pope Francis, or the Archbishop of Canterbury, or the Dalai Lama are anointed spokespeople for the Supreme Being, not to mention the Orthodox Christian Pope, the Coptic Christian Pope, the Chief Iman of Mecca, or the Chief Rabbi of Jerusalem.

graham is just another cult guy. Have fun following Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Your kosher kitchen sounds yummy. How are those side-curls coming?

He doesn't blast him for being gay, he blasts him for defying God and glorifying sin.

It's one thing to *be gay*, we're all sinners.
It's another thing to tell Christians that it isn't a sin.

Or to tell them that you're a better Christian, because you made up your own version of Christianity that says anything you want to do is fine.
Can you link to Mayor Pete saying he is a better Christian?

I can quote it, although I will tell you in advance that I know you're going to invoke the "being obtuse as a debate strategy" gambit.

“The left is rightly committed to a separation of church and state … but we need to not be afraid to invoke arguments that are convincing on why Christian faith is going to point you in a progressive direction.”

“When I think about where most of Scripture points me, it is toward defending the poor, and the immigrant, and the stranger, and the prisoner, and the outcast, and those who are left behind by the way society works. And what we have now is this exaltation of wealth and power, almost for its own sake, that in my reading of Scripture couldn't be more contrary to the message of Christianity. So I think it's really important to carry a message (to the public), knitting together a lot of groups that have already been on this path for some time, but giving them more visibility in the public sphere.”

“I'm reluctant to comment on another person's faith, but I would say it is hard to look at this president's actions and believe that they're the actions of somebody who believes in God,” he said. “I just don't understand how you can be as worshipful of your own self as he is and be prepared to humble yourself before God. I've never seen him humble himself before anyone. And the exaltation of yourself, especially a self that's about wealth and power, could not be more at odds with at least my understanding of the teachings of the Christian faith.”

“Well, obviously, I want them to change,” he noted. “But I also want to recognize the struggle they might be having and get them there. And in getting there, I want some kind of healing to go on, so that they can recognize ... that our marriages are just as good as theirs. Because people who are on what I would call the wrong side of this issue and of history probably don't think of themselves as hateful. So we've got to make sure that they feel good about themselves in the process of coming to a more accepting view.”

"If me being gay was a choice, it was made far, far above my pay grade ... Thats the thing that I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand that if you got a problem with who I am your problem is not with me, your quarrel sir, is with my creator."

Yes, I do realize this requires literacy and an ability with logical thinking. You'll just have to muddle through as best you can.

No where does he say he is a better Christian. That sort of hubris is the sole ownership of ungodly people like Franklin Graham.

Buttigieg has as much right as anyone to be a Christian. What he does NOT have a right to do is to redefine Christianity to suit what he wants to do.

You mean the way Christianity has been redefined to allow blacks to marry whites, allow women to be clergy, to stop stoning adulterers...stuff like that?

Oh how terrible...:rolleyes:

No, I can assure you that nothing I say will mean some half-assed reinterpretation of Christianity that fools like you have made up as a straw man to attack.
Those were all times where Christianity was redefined. Denial of the truth does not make it less true. Christianity "redefines" itself quite often, thankfully.

Forum List

Back