A Mother Puts the Benghazi Hearings in Perspective.

So will you then condemn the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan here since they cost thousands of healthy American lives? And tens of thousands of civilian lives? If you can't see the difference then it is willful partisan blindness.

Do you care more about the life of one ambassador over the lives of thousands of US soldiers?
I don't condemn the mission in Libya. The way it was carried out is what deserves condemnation. But, these different missions are like comparing apples and oranges.Bush took out the Taliban in Afghanistan and did pretty much what Obama attempted to do in Libya. He was successful. Iraq was a different story....totally different mission. Afghanistan was the clean war according to Democrats. ....and they, not Bush, turned it into a mess after he left office.

And yet Afghanistan still cost us FAR FAR more in US and civilian lives than Libya did.
Whose fault is that?

Not Bush.

You're an idiot obviously.

It's impossible for you to learn from past mistakes because you're a bean counter...not a military strategist.

lol we lost far more people and suffered far greater civilian casualties in Afghanistan while Bush was in office than we have in Libya. Once again: your double standards are showing.
More soldiers has died in Afghanistan under Obama, than under Bush. You know that don't you?

Why would that matter? I'm not supporting all of Obama's decisions, I am talking about our actions in Libya.

They knew the job was dangerous when they took it.

They also thought their employer, the State Department, had their backs.

They had warnings about that attack and their bosses did nothing.

If that works for you then you truly are one partisan idiot.
Either way help would not have arrived in time .
We have no us or alied intervention force close enough to have rescued them.
Why, because the necessary funding was voted down .
Without that nothing Hillary could have done would have changed the outcome.
In reality the calvary rarely arrives in the nick of time to save the day.
Own it .
Hillary owns it.

Obama owns it.

And you still support them.

When you say own it.....it's just words.

The security was in place based on modern COIN principles of light footprint tactics. Sure the security could have been higher, but it was a risk that we were willing to take and one we suffered for; It was worth taking though given the importance of maintaining an international presence in Benghazi.
Who the fuck is "we"? You aren't risking shit. It's every embassador on foreign soil that's at risk of a Democrat not coming to their aid when the shit starts flying. The only thing you're risking in your Mom's basement is gingivitis.

Our actions overseas have very real security impacts for the entire world, and for our own country as well.
The only real security impact our embassies experience is having a Democrat in office. Since you helped put the Magic Negro in office, I blame you for what happened in Ben Ghazi.

I guess all of Gaddafi's internationally sponsored terrorist acts didn't kill anyone then? I'll let the rest of the world know ;)
The difference is we hit them hard. To date nothing has been done about Ben Ghazi except Bucky threatening to bring the perpetrators to justice (eyes rolling). When Iraqis attempted to assassinate George Bush the Greater, he nailed them with a volley of cruise missiles. Our enemies will never respect us, they can only fear us, and that only happens when a Republican is in office.

1.) We used special ops missions to arrest one of the leaders

2.) what exactly would you like to see done?

The number one point here should be that following this faulty policy is too risky. But because it sounds warm and fuzzy....you folks won't change....because talking about is very impressive. Who cares if people are sacrificed. We did what the UN thinks is sound....and having worked with those walking calamities personally, if we keep putting people in the White house that subscribe to this insanity, we will continue to suffer the same fate. The worst thing about it is as long as we have a biased sycophantic media......Democrats will continue to pull this stupidity.

So let me get this straight:

Lower body count
Lower financial cost
Better results
Lower political cost
Better relationship building
Truly multilateral
Far shorter in duration

But too risky? Especially in the face of the "risk" of Afghanistan and Iraq? Come on. You're just trying too hard now.
And four americans sacrificed,

A terrible loss, and something to learn from; but far better than the thousands lost in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The only thing you seem to have learned is that 4 dead bodies is less important because you side was using you favorite strategies....so there will be a repeat of this until your side gets their butts kicked out of office.

I'd rather a repeat of Libya than a repeat of any stage of Iraq.
Moral relativism is a piss-poor excuse.

Lower body count
Lower financial cost
Better results
Lower political cost
Truly multilateral
Far shorter in duration

But too risky? Especially in the face of the "risk" of Afghanistan and Iraq? Come on. You're just trying too hard now.
How about no costs and no body count.

Is that too difficult for you to grasp?

Remember a simple rule of thumb when you're dealing with foreign governments. .....never leave everything up to them. If you can't protect your people yourself then don't attempt the mission.

Isolationism isn't a winning tactic in our era of globalization. It's cute how you keep dancing around the issue. The simple fact is that our involvement in Libya has been vastly more successful than many of our other modern interventions.

The fact that you need it to be an utter disaster is sad, and plain partisan.
What was the sucess?

Now that Qadaffi is gone what is going on in Libya?

Who controls it?

Hasn't it become the very thing we tried to clear out of and prevented in Afghanistan......a safe haven for terrorists?

Now that Qaddafi is gone, internal nation building is happening. The Libyan people control it, and yes there are significant issues in transition which was expected, but such issues need to be addressed and worked out by Libyans, not by an occupying foreign military force. There is no victory in occupation.

images

So when can we bring our troops home from Germany, Japan, and South Korea?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Sorry, off topic, but love the material from Tull!!!!! Ian Anderson is the best.

I apologize for the inconvenience, just had to comment on the dude.

Benghazi is not over and anyone saying it's over is goofy.

Lower body count
Lower financial cost
Better results
Lower political cost
Truly multilateral
Far shorter in duration

A terrible loss, and something to learn from; but far better than the thousands lost in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The only thing you seem to have learned is that 4 dead bodies is less important because you side was using you favorite strategies....so there will be a repeat of this until your side gets their butts kicked out of office.

So you supported Gaddafi's flooding of Darfur with automatic weapons and civil war in Chad then?

Who the fuck is "we"? You aren't risking shit. It's every embassador on foreign soil that's at risk of a Democrat not coming to their aid when the shit starts flying. The only thing you're risking in your Mom's basement is gingivitis.

Our actions overseas have very real security impacts for the entire world, and for our own country as well.
The only real security impact our embassies experience is having a Democrat in office. Since you helped put the Magic Negro in office, I blame you for what happened in Ben Ghazi.

I guess all of Gaddafi's internationally sponsored terrorist acts didn't kill anyone then? I'll let the rest of the world know ;)
The difference is we hit them hard. To date nothing has been done about Ben Ghazi except Bucky threatening to bring the perpetrators to justice (eyes rolling). When Iraqis attempted to assassinate George Bush the Greater, he nailed them with a volley of cruise missiles. Our enemies will never respect us, they can only fear us, and that only happens when a Republican is in office.

Absent exacting a heavy price on the attackers, I suggest we fire the sobs responsible for this screw up, and jail sentences for anyone who participated in the coverup.

Doing nothing only encourages more of the same to happen in the future.

So you supported Gaddafi's flooding of Darfur with automatic weapons and civil war in Chad then?
Nope.

Did I give any impression that I was his bestist buddy?

Absent exacting a heavy price on the attackers, I suggest we fire the sobs responsible for this screw up, and jail sentences for anyone who participated in the coverup.

Why? aside from this incident, the rest of Libya went pretty smoothly.

Nope.

You called him easily controllable and seemed to imply that he wasn't a threat to regional stability. I would posit that his regional actions showcased exactly the opposite. You seem inclined to completely ignore them.

giphy.gif

Yeah...smoothly.

Tell that to all of the women that were put to death because they were raped.

giphy.gif

lol

Yeah...smoothly.

Gladly.

How about no costs and no body count.

Is that too difficult for you to grasp?

Remember a simple rule of thumb when you're dealing with foreign governments. .....never leave everything up to them. If you can't protect your people yourself then don't attempt the mission.

Isolationism isn't a winning tactic in our era of globalization. It's cute how you keep dancing around the issue. The simple fact is that our involvement in Libya has been vastly more successful than many of our other modern interventions.

The fact that you need it to be an utter disaster is sad, and plain partisan.
What was the sucess?

Now that Qadaffi is gone what is going on in Libya?

Who controls it?

Hasn't it become the very thing we tried to clear out of and prevented in Afghanistan......a safe haven for terrorists?

Now that Qaddafi is gone, internal nation building is happening. The Libyan people control it, and yes there are significant issues in transition which was expected, but such issues need to be addressed and worked out by Libyans, not by an occupying foreign military force. There is no victory in occupation.

So when can we bring our troops home from Germany, Japan, and South Korea?

Why would we do that?

images

Why shouldn't we?

They are occupation forces that the Democratic party put in those countries decades ago.

If there's no victory in occupation then why are we there?

Bring the troops home so they, and their families, can spend their money on the local economy here in the United States.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:

Nope.

You called him easily controllable and seemed to imply that he wasn't a threat to regional stability. I would posit that his regional actions showcased exactly the opposite. You seem inclined to completely ignore them.
Actually you're guilty of making false assumptions.

But what else is new.

Yeah...smoothly.

Gladly.
You can't.....because they're dead now thanks to your success.

Nope.

Actually you're guilty of making false assumptions.

But what else is new.

My assumption is that you don't know much about Gaddafi and his years in office (or Libya for that matter), and had very little understanding of his actions in the region (such as in Darfur and Chad). You called him tame and easily controllable, but that goes completely against what Gaddafi has showcased his entire stint in office. When you can support your assertion, let me know.

I didn't see but ONE.

One of the Democrats on that committee didn't have a problem spending money to investigate steroids in baseball.
So we should spend more money on a 9th Benghazi witch hunt? I`m in favor of 4 more investigations. I predicted 12 in my office poll.

They've found the witch. If she would quit lying and be honorable by admitting she didn't do her job, nothing would necessary.
The "witch" kicked your ass last week. You want some more?:)

She couldn't kick her own ass. She lied her way through it. If you call that kicking ass, pucker up. She might give you some.
really? can you link to the specific lies she said in the hearing and why you are calling them lies?

Post #82 says it all.

Forum List

Back