A poll.. what percent does your employer contribute to SS/Medicare?

What is the combined % payment an employer pays on behalf of employee for SS/Medicare?

• 0% Employers don't pay anything!

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7.6%

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
A machine will make anything of better quality than you ever could.

And I'm not a whiner like you. If I see something I want I go get it. You expect it to be given to you and if you don't get it you whine like a little girl

There's nothing you have that a person with more money can't take from you. The fact no one has taken your little dunghill business from you just means it ain't worth having.
And no person with more money than me has ever taken anything of mine just like they have never taken anything of yours

And since you don't have the balls or the ability to run your own business your opinion means less than nothing

And no person with more money than me has ever taken anything of mine just like they have never taken anything of yours

And since you don't have the balls or the ability to run your own business your opinion means less than nothing

Then nothing you have is worth taking... considering you do less business in a month than I write up in day.

Then nothing you have is worth taking... considering you do less business in a month than I write up in day.

I make more in a day than you do in a month

and that business isn't your business is it? No you just play with other people's money and think your a fucking big shot

When you use your own money and run your own show let me know

make more in a day than you do in a month

and that business isn't your business is it? No you just play with other people's money and think your a fucking big shot

well, technically it is because it's employee owned... but never mind. I do enjoy the space I occupy in your head rent free..

"WAAAAAAHHHHH, Joe doesn't share my love of capitalism"....

seriously, dude?

make more in a day than you do in a month

well, technically it is because it's employee owned... but never mind. I do enjoy the space I occupy in your head rent free..

"WAAAAAAHHHHH, Joe doesn't share my love of capitalism"....

seriously, dude?

Technically employee owned

What's your stake and how much did you pay for it. What's that you didn't buy in? Then you don't fucking own anything

I am curious as to what amount people think employers pay into SS/Medicare

Judging by your thread title and OP statement, I think you may believe amounts and rates are the same things.

??? What is there to think? One either knows what the rates are or one doesn't. It's not as though the contribution rates are discretionary. What someone thinks be the employee and employer contribution rates isn't pertinent to a damn thing.

BTW, your poll doesn't offer the correct answer to the question asked. One might be moved to choose 7.6, which may be construed to be a rounding down of 7.65; however, there's no corresponding rounded-down choice to account for the 1.45% Medicare only portion of what an employer might pay (see below). I suppose the closest answers would yet be 7.6% and 2% given what you offer, but neither is accurate.

The combined rate is 7.65% up to the maximum wage base that qualifies for the SSI portion of the tax. Once an employee reaches the SSI wage base maximum, the employer's contribution rate becomes 1.45%, which pertains only to Medicare.

As for the amount one's employer pays, well, that depends on one's wages. Even there, looking at one's pay stub, one'll know (or be able to calculate) what sum one's employer pays.

For some limited partners who have some wages considered as employee wages and other wages that are considered self-employment income,their employer may not any longer be contributing anything to SSI or Medicare. I realize, of course, most people are probably not limited partners in a partnership, but there are many people who are. Unlike limited partners, general partners are never employees; they are only ever owners.

Last edited:

What's your stake and how much did you pay for it. What's that you didn't buy in? Then you don't fucking own anything

Completely irrelevent to the point I was making. But what an awesome idea, employee ownership of companies... Man, that must have you shitting your pants.

Completely irrelevent to the point I was making. But what an awesome idea, employee ownership of companies... Man, that must have you shitting your pants.
Technically my business is employee owned since my wife and I are on payroll

But what would you do if you actually were an employee owner?

That would make you a douche bag
How would you live with yourself?

Tell you what if that ever happens I'll let you use my .22 handgun to put a bullet in your melon

Tell you what if that ever happens I'll let you use my .22 handgun to put a bullet in your melon

I'd be just fine with it. People who do the work getting the benefit of the work, that's kind of they way it SHOULD be.

I'm sorry this concept confuses and angers you.

I'd be just fine with it. People who do the work getting the benefit of the work, that's kind of they way it SHOULD be.

I'm sorry this concept confuses and angers you.
ALL business owners are douche bags remember?

You own a business you are then a douche bag

Well you're a douche bag anyway so if you own a business you'll be a mega douche

Well you're a douche bag anyway so if you own a business you'll be a mega douche

It must hurt to bend your brain into pretzels like that.

"WAAAAAAHHHHH, Mommy Joe said I was a douchebag because I'm a business owner."

Hey, guy, for the record, you'd be a douchebag if you owned a business or not.

Just on the basis of reading your posts.

in fact, calling you a douchebag is an insult to a perfectly good feminine hygiene product.

It must hurt to bend your brain into pretzels like that.

"WAAAAAAHHHHH, Mommy Joe said I was a douchebag because I'm a business owner."

Hey, guy, for the record, you'd be a douchebag if you owned a business or not.

Just on the basis of reading your posts.

in fact, calling you a douchebag is an insult to a perfectly good feminine hygiene product.

Oh no Joey if you remember you said ALL business owners are douche bags.

do you need the definition of the word all?

not the same thing, but never mind. You go on crowing on the top of your dung hill, thinking you are important barely paying the bills every month.

not the same thing, but never mind. You go on crowing on the top of your dung hill, thinking you are important barely paying the bills every month.

That's funny since you have to cut an paste to pay your rent and I barely have to work 20 hours a week and I still make more on a day I'm at the lake than you do in a week of playing with your boss's money

That's funny since you have to cut an paste to pay your rent and I barely have to work 20 hours a week and I still make more on a day I'm at the lake than you do in a week of playing with your boss's money

I write resumes to help people, not to make money. But I don't think you'd understand that concept....

I write resumes to help people, not to make money. But I don't think you'd understand that concept....
So you don't get paid for it then?

You suck if you take money from people who need a job you fucking heartless capitalist

You suck if you take money from people who need a job you fucking heartless capitalist

Most of my clients already have jobs... I help them get better ones. the ones who don't find jobs in a few weeks... it's almost not a fair fight.

But that's okay, man, you keep hatin' because I hurt your feelings once. I think we have a form for you.

13181115.jpg

I am curious as to what amount people think employers pay into SS/Medicare

Judging by your thread title and OP statement, I think you may believe amounts and rates are the same things.

??? What is there to think? One either knows what the rates are or one doesn't. It's not as though the contribution rates are discretionary. What someone thinks be the employee and employer contribution rates isn't pertinent to a damn thing.

BTW, your poll doesn't offer the correct answer to the question asked. One might be moved to choose 7.6, which may be construed to be a rounding down of 7.65; however, there's no corresponding rounded-down choice to account for the 1.45% Medicare only portion of what an employer might pay (see below). I suppose the closest answers would yet be 7.6% and 2% given what you offer, but neither is accurate.

The combined rate is 7.65% up to the maximum wage base that qualifies for the SSI portion of the tax. Once an employee reaches the SSI wage base maximum, the employer's contribution rate becomes 1.45%, which pertains only to Medicare.

As for the amount one's employer pays, well, that depends on one's wages. Even there, looking at one's pay stub, one'll know (or be able to calculate) what sum one's employer pays.

For some limited partners who have some wages considered as employee wages and other wages that are considered self-employment income,their employer may not any longer be contributing anything to SSI or Medicare. I realize, of course, most people are probably not limited partners in a partnership, but there are many people who are. Unlike limited partners, general partners are never employees; they are only ever owners.

Your first comment... No "amounts" and "rates" are not the same nouns. The "rates" and wages paid determine the amounts paid.
your second comment... The point that went way over your head is how many people EVEN know their employer pays into Medicare/SS?
Third comment... you might be moved but the purpose was to find out if people KNEW their employer even paid Medicare/SS.
All the rest of your comments are picayunish! Again.. primary purpose was for those of you that hate capitalism, hate your employer... and never knew
your employer matched your deductions surprise! Employers match your deductions.

So as I expected the premise of the question went over your head! I simply wanted to find out how many people didn't know their employer matched.

Most of my clients already have jobs... I help them get better ones. the ones who don't find jobs in a few weeks... it's almost not a fair fight.

But that's okay, man, you keep hatin' because I hurt your feelings once. I think we have a form for you.

/QUOTE]
But you say you're helping people. You don't charge people money for your service if altruism is your goal

The day a piss ant like you could ever cause me any duress is the day I will eat a bullet.

You say ALL employers are douche bags then you refuse to stand by your remark. That means not only are you incapable of anything but the broadest of thoughts but you are also spineless because you won't stand by your statements

You are the very definition of pathetic. Now go run along and punch the clock because we all know that even though you love to tell people what to do you have to have a boss tell you what to do all day long or your lost.

You've been spending pages whining about me... yes, i occupy space in your head.

Forum List

Back