A Puzzling Query From The Bible

much of the bible is also a poem--------and the rest poetic prose. ----your
inside out explanation for the "MOTIVE" of scriptural writings borders on
psychotic

Well, if you deem the Bible to be simply a poem and poetic prose, why then allow it to bother you in the least as to how different people interpret your poem and poetic prose?

your response is a bit silly------correctly stating that the bible is written in the form of
poetry or poetic prose does not DEBASE IT. The OT----is ----the scriptural writing
of the jewish religion------very much misinterpreted by sunday school teachers----AND the NT----is very much a recap of the same stuff that is in the OT------very much misinterpreted by Sunday school teachers. --------In the distant past there were Christian SERMONS broadcast all day on radio------some of the interpretations of popular BROADCAST 'clergy' ----that used to infect sunday between radio BASEBALL GAMES -------were really idiotic. Getting back to
POETRY-------the odyssey is poetry too------far from "simply a poem"

The first five books are but we accept the rest of the OT and the NT. Much of the NT has absolutely nothing to do with your first five books as you should well know.

I do not understand your post. The first five books are WHAT?-------Much of the NT------is a roman repudiation of Judaism------the authentic reports of "jesus said
thusly....." are not. John picks up some mysticism kinda lifted a bit from
Daniel
------but really weirded out.
Luke is a greek who never met Jesus and would not have understood a word he said if he had.

Of course Dear. Your religion of hate is repugnant.

what religion of "hate" ??? Your response is not responsive to mine----it is something like a fart

Well, if you deem the Bible to be simply a poem and poetic prose, why then allow it to bother you in the least as to how different people interpret your poem and poetic prose?

your response is a bit silly------correctly stating that the bible is written in the form of
poetry or poetic prose does not DEBASE IT. The OT----is ----the scriptural writing
of the jewish religion------very much misinterpreted by sunday school teachers----AND the NT----is very much a recap of the same stuff that is in the OT------very much misinterpreted by Sunday school teachers. --------In the distant past there were Christian SERMONS broadcast all day on radio------some of the interpretations of popular BROADCAST 'clergy' ----that used to infect sunday between radio BASEBALL GAMES -------were really idiotic. Getting back to

The first five books are but we accept the rest of the OT and the NT. Much of the NT has absolutely nothing to do with your first five books as you should well know.

I do not understand your post. The first five books are WHAT?-------Much of the NT------is a roman repudiation of Judaism------the authentic reports of "jesus said
Daniel
Luke is a greek who never met Jesus and would not have understood a word he said if he had.

what religion of "hate" ??? Your response is not responsive to mine----it is something like a fart

Yes. Your obvious attack on everything concerning the NT. No wonder you people are a thorn in the sides of the nations. You're all full of hate.

Have you ever considered this oddity: in Genesis, God referring to Himself in the third person?

Genesis 1:26says, “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’”

Genesis 3:22states, “And the LORD God said, ‘The man has now become like one of us.’”

Genesis 11:7 "Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Is one to conclude that there may be more than one Eternal Being???

Well, no.... the Bible makes clear that there is only one.

1. "Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

2. Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD. [Note in Mark 12:28-34 how Jesus and a Jewish scribe he encountered understood this text.]

3. Deuteronomy32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

4. 2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

5. 1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

7. 2 Kings 19:15 — And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

8. 1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

9. Nehemiah 9:6 — Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

11. Psalm 86:10 — For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone."
28 Biblical Passages Which Explicitly Teach There is Only One God

Yes. It's called the TRINITY.
Father. Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit.
It's perfect proof of it. Just because the word TRINITY is not used, doesn't mean it isn't so.

God told Moses: I am what I am
Jesus told the Pharisees: before Abraham was, I am

Draw your own conclusions...

genesis is the old testament there WAS NO TRINITY.

Daniel

apparently jews now have a religion of hate to white Christian supremacist trash.

Daniel

Yes. Your obvious attack on everything concerning the NT. No wonder you people are a thorn in the sides of the nations. You're all full of hate.

where do you see an ATTACK on the NT? Is it because I do not accept that it is
a DIVINE REVELATION? I do not accept that the OT is a DIVINE REVELATION either. ------but I do not DEBASE IT-------it is a sublime work ----as
is the Odyssey. Parts of the NT were DESIGNED to support such fascinating
enterprises as the INQUISITION-------not all parts----just the parts under the control of the genocidal pig----CONSTANTINE. Constantine authored the basic
laws that your hero ADOLF adopted as the NUREMBURG CODE

Daniel

apparently jews now have a religion of hate to white Christian supremacist trash.

well-----jews did have a clear hatred of ROMAN enslavement--------the feeings of
CRRISTIANS are--------a RESPONSE to that unfortunate situation inherited by the
HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE (aka ---the first reich)

Daniel

Have they made an attack upon you? I'd say they simply consider themselves superior to everyone in the human race.

Daniel

Have they made an attack upon you? I'd say they simply consider themselves superior to everyone in the human race.

they? you mean *me*

but thanks for confirming what I knew you were.

Daniel

well-----jews did have a clear hatred of ROMAN enslavement--------the feeings of

Well, the Israelites also rebelled against God's rule and begged for a king. That king was Saul. Now, Christ will set his kingdom up in Jerusalem. The nations will come to you. Will you also rebel against Christ's reign over you and follow Satan once he is again released?

Daniel

they? you mean *me*

but thanks for confirming what I knew you were.

Show up out of the blue and make your cheap attack. I will gladly return in kind.

Daniel

a DIVINE REVELATION? I do not accept that the OT is a DIVINE REVELATION either. ------but I do not DEBASE IT-------it is a sublime work ----as
enterprises as the INQUISITION-------not all parts----just the parts under the control of the genocidal pig----CONSTANTINE. Constantine authored the basic

Actually, the NT speaks of a loving Christ unlike your religion of hate and harsh adherence to the Law which no man can possibly keep.
Your hatred will ultimately destroy you.

Daniel

Well, the Israelites also rebelled against God's rule and begged for a king. That king was Saul. Now, Christ will set his kingdom up in Jerusalem. The nations will come to you. Will you also rebel against Christ's reign over you and follow Satan once he is again released?

your comment reminds me of sunday school-----it makes no sense. The idea of
A KING was not a "rebellion against God's rule". Even Samuel did not see it
as such------He just advised against it as a condition emulating "other nations"
and fraught with problems. You consider rule by QUEEN ISABELLA a "rebellion against "god's rule".. Poor queen Elizabeth------how about SAINT CONSTANTINE?. No one named "CHRIST" gets to "rule" Israel even in
the MESSIANIC prophesies---------did you ever read the bible?. Once Satan
is released? From where-----Siberia or Sing Sing?

Daniel

Actually, the NT speaks of a loving Christ unlike your religion of hate and harsh adherence to the Law which no man can possibly keep.

You have no idea------Everything Jesus said of value is a paraphrase of HILLEL---
and typical of Pharisee ideology. I got really bad news for you----Jesus did not eat bacon and eggs for breakfast. Your sunday school teacher lied

Daniel

you know, winger Christian supremaqcist, the bible says not to listen to false prophets. it is one of the first rules of our religion. and I never bother disrespecting anyone's faith because I figure people believe what they believe. but to us, what you believe is false prophesy and lies and things made up by men and edited by Constantine.

see how that works, loser?

See nobody's observant, otherwise you'd notice I mixed up Abbott with Costello in my analogy.
*slaps forehead*

To answer HumanBeing:
each age has it's slang, each writers his or her own use of poetic description, but also take into account words were purposely masked in slang to hide the language from the authority they were revolting against. This was done so they didn't know they were being discussed just as our kids today use slang to hide language from their parents. Terms like Kittim and Sea=Rome,
Ships=Rome's army were used to talk about Rome without their understanding.
Terms like Clouds=gathering of priests was used for poetic reasons describing the crowd gathering in puffy white robes looking like puffy clouds in appearances.
To ignore the usage and meaning of words makes for unbelievable errors that cause ignorance, assumptions, and fantasy concepts that cause people to mock and leave such fantasy ideas (based on errors).
The fact one would purposely disregard the significance of accurate lexicons and study of words in their ages is not just ignorant, it's fear and avoidance of what you are affraid you might find in those errors, just as you fear and avoid my posts by wanting to not understand them. Or by using that same excuse you use with reading the Bible.

Last edited:
Daniel

Actually, the NT speaks of a loving Christ unlike your religion of hate and harsh adherence to the Law which no man can possibly keep.,,,,,,,,,

Jesus managed to keep it

Have you ever considered this oddity: in Genesis, God referring to Himself in the third person?

Genesis 1:26says, “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’”

Genesis 3:22states, “And the LORD God said, ‘The man has now become like one of us.’”

Genesis 11:7 "Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

1. "Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

2. Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD. [Note in Mark 12:28-34 how Jesus and a Jewish scribe he encountered understood this text.]

3. Deuteronomy32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

4. 2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

5. 1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

7. 2 Kings 19:15 — And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

8. 1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

9. Nehemiah 9:6 — Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

11. Psalm 86:10 — For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone."
Have you ever considered that bible is made up bullshit?

You got any proof that it is?

Yes, the fact that you can't prove otherwise.

If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits.--Dan Barker

If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits.--Dan Barker

the fact that something cannot be PROVEN OTHERWISE ---is a proof of nothing----but is not really an issue for this thread------this thread seems devoted to a study of that which the BIBLE DOES SAY

the fact that something cannot be PROVEN OTHERWISE ---is a proof of nothing----but is not really an issue for this thread------this thread seems devoted to a study of that which the BIBLE DOES SAY

And the question we were responding to was "Have you ever considered that bible is made up bullshit?"

And the question we were responding to was "Have you ever considered that bible is made up bullshit?"

Were that the case, one would wonder why it has served as the basis both for our Constitution, and our system of laws.

Have you considered that your post serves as proof that you lack an education?

Forum List

Back