A question about store supplies in your area.

Just came back from the grocery store. Shelves are mostly empty! Is there something going on I missed? Or maybe just driver shortage?
Are things the same in your area?
My local supermarket (Busch's) has signs throughout the store "apologizing" for shortages because their suppliers are having trouble finding and keeping workers.

The store itself has a sign when you enter saying, "Please be kind to the employees who showed up!"

This is what happens when you make it easier to sit at home and collect a check, than to go to work

Just came back from the grocery store. Shelves are mostly empty! Is there something going on I missed? Or maybe just driver shortage?
They've been paying people to stay home from work....so they've caused a shortage.
Not to mention the fact that the vaccine mandates are kicking in....people are choosing to quit rather than let them stick that shit in their arm.

Down here in Florida we arent seeing the shortages as of yet. Maybe it is because God shines on this state. No fires, no earthquakes, no hurricanes so far. Just happy, free people doing what is right.

There's been holes here in Nashville TN for a while now. I noticed when strange brands of foods started showing up. Basically the warehouses were buying anything they could get their hands on...and now everything is gone.

Cuts of meat are missing...the basics are there but expensive...much of the processed meats like lunch meat and bacon and sausages are missing too.

All the variety meats are missing...
Various other products without rhyme or reason are just empty.

There is food...it's just expensive for what is there and the choices are limited.

There's been holes here in Nashville TN for a while now. I noticed when strange brands of foods started showing up. Basically the warehouses were buying anything they could get their hands on...and now everything is gone.

Cuts of meat are missing...the basics are there but expensive...much of the processed meats like lunch meat and bacon and sausages are missing too.

All the variety meats are missing...
Various other products without rhyme or reason are just empty.

There is food...it's just expensive for what is there and the choices are limited.
Florida has its own farmland, own industries, it is like a country in itself, which is why it does well while other shithole places like NY and Californication is going down the shitter....

There are a number of reasons, most tied to the epidemic.

I'm in the Seattle area and I was near the docks about a week are so ago where the giant cranes were unloading Container Vessels. There were dozens of the giant ships waiting to unload. Some had been waiting for weeks. Our ports, not just in Seattle but all over the country can't handle the volume created by the huge increase in demand. The problem is not just at the ports but all the way down the supply chain, shortages in trucking, warehousing, and store delivery.

Another problem causing the emptying of shells is that manufactures during this epidemic have been rethinking their product lines, dropping single products that are marginally profitable and some times entire product lines. They are attempting to maximize profits by concentrating on the big sellers.

Aggravating the problem is the sniffing working workforce due to people at the low end of of the job structure going back to school to qualify for better jobs. Also many people in lower paying jobs have not gone back to work. This is largely is due to the continued covid subsidies and locally and state bans on eviction.

In general, what we seeing is an adjustment to a new normal. Problems in the retail supply chain are being fixed, millions of people will continue working from home permanently, tens of thousands of stores will never open again, online sales and associated job opportunities will keep increasing. All this will takes time until we reach the new normal.

1633484178757.png

Yes...shelves are emptier now. I have been ordering online and stocking up on dry foods, canned goods, non perisable stuff. And water. LOTS of water. What good is adding just water to something when there IS no water?

There are cargo ships all around the world as well as the USA but no way to unload. Its going to get worse.
Oh...and AMMO. GET AMMO.

Friday was the friday pay day, first of the month, and third of the month so a lot of shoppers out this weekend. There are certain stores in my area that stay pretty thinned out. They are the ones where the poorer people shop. It doesn't make any sense, but it is. Even within the same chain, the locations nearer the poorer areas are usually thinnned out more than the ones near the better areas at any given time.

There are a number of reasons, most tied to the epidemic.

I'm in the Seattle area and I was near the docks about a week are so ago where the giant cranes were unloading Container Vessels. There were dozens of the giant ships waiting to unload. Some had been waiting for weeks. Our ports, not just in Seattle but all over the country can't handle the volume created by the huge increase in demand. The problem is not just at the ports but all the way down the supply chain, shortages in trucking, warehousing, and store delivery.

Another problem causing the emptying of shells is that manufactures during this epidemic have been rethinking their product lines, dropping single products that are marginally profitable and some times entire product lines. They are attempting to maximize profits by concentrating on the big sellers.

Aggravating the problem is the sniffing working workforce due to people at the low end of of the job structure going back to school to qualify for better jobs. Also many people in lower paying jobs have not gone back to work. This is largely is due to the continued covid subsidies and locally and state bans on eviction.

In general, what we seeing is an adjustment to a new normal. Problems in the retail supply chain are being fixed, millions of people will continue working from home permanently, tens of thousands of stores will never open again, online sales and associated job opportunities will keep increasing. All this will takes time until we reach the new normal.

View attachment 547952
So what is really to blame is the draconian lock downs that accomplished nothing but destroying small businesses. This was planned. It becomes more obvious every day.

Florida has its own farmland, own industries, it is like a country in itself, which is why it does well while other shithole places like NY and Californication is going down the shitter....
TN is close enough to several farmlands including Florida...the yogurt factory here uses all Florida milk. The cereal factory next door uses rice, corn, and wheat from Kentucky.

Still doesn't help because we aren't close enough to Colorado or Iowa for the meat packing houses.

With JIT supply chains, you can't really think that shutting down 100 trillion dollars of economic activity around the whole globe won't have a significant impact?

If you believe that, you are one dumb mother fucker.

Forum List

Back