A question about store supplies in your area.

turkey will be in short supply.

I’ve noticed the shortage on lunchables ( from your article). And definitely the pet food. Infact I’m going to stock up on pet food this weekend. Hadn’t noticed turkeys. But I will check that out this weekend as well.

For awhile candles were nowhere to be found. But I noticed this week they finally stocked those at Walmart…well at least the 3 wick candles and the large size candles. The small size are still out of stock.

I’ve noticed the shortage on lunchables ( from your article). And definitely the pet food. Infact I’m going to stock up on pet food this weekend. Hadn’t noticed turkeys. But I will check that out this weekend as well.

For awhile candles were nowhere to be found. But I noticed this week they finally stocked those at Walmart…well at least the 3 wick candles and the large size candles. The small size are still out of stock.
I bought a case of cranberry sauce and stuffing for the three holidays. we also stocked up on holiday liquor.

today I was trying to buy a 27 inch gaming monitor on amazon for my grandson, and the pickings were slim compared to last summer.

I bet candles are going fast because all heating sources will be more expensive this year.

we have family in New Mexico and will let you know what they are experiencing.

With JIT supply chains, you can't really think that shutting down 100 trillion dollars of economic activity around the whole globe won't have a significant impact?

If you believe that, you are one dumb mother fucker.
JIT was my most hated enemy in my career. Fought against it all the time. Nobody ever saw a cost with losing customers because you couldn’t ship to them on time because you’re missing a $1.34 part in your assembly, and their $200 Million aircraft is sitting on a tarmac unsellable because they’re missing your $78K assembly.

Saw an article about why all the shortages?
The short answer is Covid. The long answer is much more complicated.
Pent-up demand from last year and working at home has create a big increase in demand for many retail products
Record number of workers near or at retirement aged retired over the last year trying to avoid Covid or it's result in the workplace
Younger workers going back to school last year during the shutdowns and layoffs
Mask and Vaccine mandates in the workplace
Dependence on overseas manufacturing for retail products
Foreign supplier's shortage of material and workers due to Covid
International Corvid restrictions effecting importers and exporters
Supply line companies minimizing the number employees and equipment made them vulnerable to any major increase in demand
Subsidies in the form of unemployment, rent subsidies, and bans of on foreclosures and eviction less need to get a jor.
Covid restriction in the workplace
Women with children not returning to the workplace
Manufacturers seeking to recover from financial loses last year eliminate marginally profitable products
Lastly, uncertainty about Covid and the economy

Last edited:
If anyone says supplies aren't short they live in a bubble disconnected from reality.
Just this week I've had to use alternate items on plumbing, electrical and machine bolts.

Last week sheetrock mud was all but non existent and today I noticed ALL collated screws were sold out except for 3 containers so I bought them all.

This shit is BAD. I have electrician friends who can't find breakers in bulk anymore.

If anyone says supplies aren't short they live in a bubble disconnected from reality.
Just this week I've had to use alternate items on plumbing, electrical and machine bolts.

Last week sheetrock mud was all but non existent and today I noticed ALL collated screws were sold out except for 3 containers so I bought them all.

This shit is BAD. I have electrician friends who can't find breakers in bulk anymore.
I read about a cereal producer who had to drop one of his produces because of shortages of two ingrediencies. An auto parts manufacture in Michigan has stopped shipment of AV system replacements due lack of chips. Shortages are showing up everywhere and the answer seems to be ridding ourselves of the virus both at home and abroad and that's going to take time.

Last edited:
I read about a cereal producer who had to drop one of his produces because of shortages of two ingrediencies. An auto parts manufacture in Michigan has stopped shipment AV system replacements due lack of chips. Shortages are showing up everywhere and the answer seems to be ridding ourselves of virus both at home and abroad and that's going to take time.
That's not the answer, it's the excuse.

I have worked EVERYDAY since this BULLSHIT started. No reason the rest of you cant

The problems started with the spread of Covid and they will end with the containment of covid.
The problems started with government overreach because of covid.

I took you for an intelligent person....perhaps I was wrong.

The government and a complicit media put the fear of God in people over this shit then they followed it up with economy/business killing mandates.

Use your fucking brain

the epoch times is posting great articles on the shortages but you would need a subscription to read them if I linked them.

I am now stocking to save money in the long haul and securing the things I need most, like a year's worth of gevalia coffee.

The problems started with government overreach because of covid.

I took you for an intelligent person....perhaps I was wrong.

The government and a complicit media put the fear of God in people over this shit then they followed it up with economy/business killing mandates.

Use your fucking brain
That is not true. As I said, the subsidies contributed to the problem, they did not create problem. For example, Nearly 3 million American women have left the labor force over the past year in a coronavirus-induced exodus that reflects persistent pay inequality, undervalued work, antiquated notions of caregiving.

A good friend of my wife was a waitress for many years in a local upscale restaurant. She left her job over a year ago preferring to live off her dead husbands retirement and unemployment and making cuts in spending rather than expose herself and her 3 kids to Covid. For a waitress maintaining a 6 foot distance from customers is a joke. Waitresses are the only people in the restaurant wearing masks which protects customers but not the wait staff. Women across the country are staying home because of covid but also because they can't afford childcare. With the subsidies ending this year and wages rising, hopefully most of these women will go back to work.

People leaving the workforce is only one of many problems causing shortages, such as a big increase in demand for consumer goods, a supply chain without the capability of handling major increases in demand, and US and foreign manufacturers that are plagued by shortages in supplies and parts manufactured abroad due to covid.
Nearly 3 million U.S. women have dropped out of the labor force in the past year

Last edited:
That is not true. As I said, the subsidies contributed to the problem, they did not create problem. For example, Nearly 3 million American women have left the labor force over the past year in a coronavirus-induced exodus that reflects persistent pay inequality, undervalued work, antiquated notions of caregiving.

A good friend of my wife was a waitress for many years in a local upscale restaurant. She left her job over a year ago preferring to live off her dead husbands retirement and unemployment and making cuts in spending rather than expose herself and her 3 kids to Covid. For a waitress maintaining a 6 foot distance from customers is a joke. Waitresses are the only people in the restaurant wearing masks which protects customers but not the wait staff. Women across the country are staying home because of covid but also because they can't afford childcare. With the subsidies ending this year and wages rising, hopefully most of these women will go back to work.

People leaving the workforce is only one of many problems causing shortages, such as a big increase in demand for consumer goods, a supply chain without the capability of handling major increases in demand, and US and foreign manufacturers that are plagued by shortages in supplies and parts manufactured abroad due to covid.
Nearly 3 million U.S. women have dropped out of the labor force in the past year
Omg

Women have had it with inequality and have chosen now....under Biden and during a pandemic to exercise their vaginas.....
Bla bla bla bla bla I'm a stupid fucking leftist that will believe anything I'm fed online.... bla bla bla bla bla

Forum List

Back