🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A question for liberals: How many times should the police have to say “Drop the gun!” before it’s OK for them to shoot an armed suspect?

As I noted, it depends on the situation. Your argument is to fire away.

And I bet you consider yourself pro-life.

So you believe that police officers have a duty to die?

What if the person pointing a gun at a cop is an inferior white, a Juden, would the officer be allowed to defend their life then, since white lives don't matter anyway?

Depends on what they are doing with the weapon as well as how the officers were trained. They certainly have the right to protect themselves, and clearly these police officers didn't want to shoot this guy. He looked out of his mind.

Its an impossible question to answer. It entirely depends on the situation. Many times the person has some mental issues and wants to get shot. There is no reason to shoot that person.

Someone able to deal with situations like this can end it without anyone getting killed.
So what does an officer do? Ask the guy with a gun if he has mental issues? Who with mental issues holding a gun will say yes?

You make it sound so easy. Should I have asked that man who was carryinging an automatic firearm in the sand pit if he had mental issues?

If I did, my wife would be a widow.

You guys make it sound so easy....you try it one time. Go ahead. Grow some balls and risk your life as you help those who want to take your life. Go ahead. I dare you.

An expert was called in and no one was killed.

UPDATE: Suspect who was at the center of a swat standoff in Vienna appears in court.
an expert called? Cool. Lets wait for the expert to come.
Are you aware of how many firearm standoffs results in shots fired within the first minute?
Should police simply say "let him brandish that firearm with people being held hostage...and let the shrink finish his dinner and get here before we do anything.
It is quite obvious you have never wondered whether or not you will survive a confrontation with someone with a firearm.
I get it.
I hope you never have to.
But just think about it. What would you do?

Ahhh....depends on the situation.
So, in other words, you have never been in a position where someone you dont know is holding a firearm within range of your body. Question. Have you ever fired a weapon? Have you ever skeet shot?
You are aware that in a matter of 2 seconds when skeet shooting, your weapon goes from aiming one way to aiming ahead of the target. Now think about it. The perp is not aiming at you, but he can within a second...and that one second you hesitate, it could mean your life.
Just think about it.

As for the pro life comment.

Yes, I dont believe abortion is the right thing to do.

Why?

Becuase the unborn did nothing wrong. They have no say in their actions and no say in whether they should live or die.

Someone brandishing a gun, whether with mental health issues or not, know that what they are doing is wrong.

To compare the two is insensitive and, in my eyes, immature

What if the person pointing a gun at a cop is an inferior white, a Juden, would the officer be allowed to defend their life then, since white lives don't matter anyway?

You can address what I said or not.

I did.

You took the typical Communist position that police have no right to defend their own lives, that they have a duty to die.

Its an impossible question to answer. It entirely depends on the situation. Many times the person has some mental issues and wants to get shot. There is no reason to shoot that person.

Someone able to deal with situations like this can end it without anyone getting killed.
So what does an officer do? Ask the guy with a gun if he has mental issues? Who with mental issues holding a gun will say yes?

You make it sound so easy. Should I have asked that man who was carryinging an automatic firearm in the sand pit if he had mental issues?

You guys make it sound so easy....you try it one time. Go ahead. Grow some balls and risk your life as you help those who want to take your life. Go ahead. I dare you.

UPDATE: Suspect who was at the center of a swat standoff in Vienna appears in court.
Are you aware of how many firearm standoffs results in shots fired within the first minute?
Should police simply say "let him brandish that firearm with people being held hostage...and let the shrink finish his dinner and get here before we do anything.
It is quite obvious you have never wondered whether or not you will survive a confrontation with someone with a firearm.
I get it.

So, in other words, you have never been in a position where someone you dont know is holding a firearm within range of your body. Question. Have you ever fired a weapon? Have you ever skeet shot?
You are aware that in a matter of 2 seconds when skeet shooting, your weapon goes from aiming one way to aiming ahead of the target. Now think about it. The perp is not aiming at you, but he can within a second...and that one second you hesitate, it could mean your life.
Just think about it.

Why?

Becuase the unborn did nothing wrong. They have no say in their actions and no say in whether they should live or die.

Someone brandishing a gun, whether with mental health issues or not, know that what they are doing is wrong.

I posted an example of those in the situation and what they did.

I did.

You took the typical Communist position that police have no right to defend their own lives, that they have a duty to die.

You are making that argument, not me.

I didn't watch the video and I probably won't.

If the gun is pointed away from any officers there is no need to shoot. Just being BORED is not a reason to take a life.
Yes there is a very good reason to shoot no matter where it is pointed.

They shouldn't have to say drop the gun. If he points a gun at you, shoot him or her.

I did.

He's just saying what you are too gutless to say.

I get it.

Just think about it.

Why?

yet, for some reason you didnt post anything about those that did the same thing and lost their lives.

Seeing as you did not answer, I assume you have never been a position to protect yourself from someone with a firearm.

When it happens you have two choices......refrain or act.

Both of those choices have consequences.

But more often than not, the one having to make that choice did not choose to be in the position of making that choice.

Why not speak with those who find themselves in that position and maybe you can understand the fear, anxiety and split second decision making that must be done. It is easy to criticize when looking at the aftermath.

Maybe th JJest should not have played a prevent defense?

Maybe that pitcher should have thrown a changeup?

And those are not life determining decisions.

Just think about it.

I get it.

Just think about it.

Why?

yet, for some reason you didnt post anything about those that did the same thing and lost their lives.

Seeing as you did not answer, I assume you have never been a position to protect yourself from someone with a firearm.

But more often than not, the one having to make that choice did not choose to be in the position of making that choice.

Why not speak with those who find themselves in that position and maybe you can understand the fear, anxiety and split second decision making that must be done. It is easy to criticize when looking at the aftermath.

Just think about it.

I posted an example of what I was saying. You are free to believe it never happened if you wish.

I get it.

Just think about it.

Why?

Just think about it.

I posted an example of what I was saying. You are free to believe it never happened if you wish.
I never said that.
All I am saying is each situation is different.

The fact that you chose to demonstrate one side of it as opposed to all sides of it speaks volumes.

Enough said.

That is good news, however the situation occurred in a PUBLIC building where they follow rules to deescalate the situation.

"A crisis negotiator from the Parkersburg Police Department was able to make contact with Clark. He made statements to the negotiator about using a gun to provoke a response from law enforcement. Clark agreed to leave the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department peacefully right before 8:00 p.m. Clark was then taken into custody without any further problems."

bolding mine

He is in an EMPTY building (people ran away after threats) thus a containable situation. Police surrounds the building......

The one who died was outdoor in the street who had been repeatedly making threats to people driving by, the same man still in the street, who repeatedly defies the police, fights off Pellet guns and points the gun at someone.

Totally different situation that requires a fast response to someone continually defying and being an open threat.

I did.

I am a libertarian. you are a communist. We have VERY different views on life.

I believe people have rights, and the most basic among them is the right to defend their own life. You believe that people are property of the state to be disposed of as the state sees fit.

It is this fundamental difference in how we view things that drives the dispute.

If we are indeed property of our rulers as you believe, then ordering a cop to die because of racial optics is fine, the cop is property of the state and can be utilized as his owners please.

I didn't watch the video and I probably won't.

If the gun is pointed away from any officers there is no need to shoot. Just being BORED is not a reason to take a life.
Yes there is a very good reason to shoot no matter where it is pointed.
it takes less than a second to redirect aim.

I know someone that can go from pointing a gun down to the ground to taking out a moving skeet in 2 seconds.

And thats a legal gun owner that refuses to hunt (as I refuse to do) and only enjoys skeet shooting.

Now....what if he decided to go to the dark side?

I sure as hell wouldnt want to be the officer that needs to decide "is he is or is he isnt that guy?"

here is the best way to look at it. I have never heard of someone being shot by police for threatening people with a whiffle ball bat. Sure, you can say "what if he is mentally ill" and I get it. But even if you are mentally ill, if you choose to grab a gun, you are well aware that it is a weapon. If you choose to grab a chicken breast as a weapon, then you are completely out of it.
But mentally ill or not....if you grab a gun, you are well aware of what you are doing.

Forum List

Back