A question for my Democrat friends

Fair&Balanced

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2016
Aren't you fed up with the lies, the scandals, the secrecy, the duplicity?

Please no "the GOP does it to" , yes of course, but that isn't what THIS thread is about, so kindly go start your own.

THIS thread is about all the scandals and lies and deceptive tactics we've seen since one Barrack Obama took office.

And if all you're going to do is come in here and deny these things occurred, please go elsewhere. I'm looking for serious comments from people who are mature enough to admit what there own party has been up to these last 7 1/2 years and almost certainly would continue to do under one Hillary Clinton.

I do believe that before you can start a thread deconstructing the Obama years you need to list the number of actions that were engineered by the right that blurs the complete story. Benghazi, for example, has been vindicated by a $22 million dollar investigation, 7 prior congressional investigations, 33 committee hearings, 11 published reports, 100,000 pages of documents. Nothing turned up to be all that damaging, of course some people will disagree, but have been proven wrong by the Republican House Select Committee on Intelligence which vindicated H. Clinton and the Obama administration of wrongdoing.

There are many others of course, but you need to come to grips with them before we can discuss the true facts about Obama and his presidency.

Please no "the GOP does it to" , yes of course, but that isn't what THIS thread is about, so kindly go start your own.

THIS thread is about all the scandals and lies and deceptive tactics we've seen since one Barrack Obama took office.

And if all you're going to do is come in here and deny these things occurred, please go elsewhere. I'm looking for serious comments from people who are mature enough to admit what there own party has been up to these last 7 1/2 years and almost certainly would continue to do under one Hillary Clinton.
My concern is with the relevance of someone who does not know that the members of the Democratic Party are called Democrats. If you can't even spell the name, why would anyone think your judgements worth thinking about?

In this coming election there will be two candidates with the possibility of winning.

One Republican and one Democrat.

I choose between the two candidates- and I find Trump to have ore scandals, lies and deceptive tactics than Clinton.

I find that the Republican Party is more likely to engage in scandals, lies and deceptive tactics than the Democratic Party.

But yes- I agree with you- both parties are guilty of engaging in them.

My concern is with the relevance of someone who does not know that the members of the Democratic Party are called Democrats. If you can't even spell the name, why would anyone think your judgements worth thinking about?
Einstein couldn't spell, either. He spells well enough to figure out what he's saying. Not a valid argument.

In this coming election there will be two candidates with the possibility of winning.

I choose between the two candidates- and I find Trump to have ore scandals, lies and deceptive tactics than Clinton.

I find that the Republican Party is more likely to engage in scandals, lies and deceptive tactics than the Democratic Party.

By any objective measure, actual corruption (illegal/unethical conduct in return for personal benefit) has been far more common among Democrats than Republicans.

For example, the three most celebrated GOP "scandals" (Watergate, Iran-Contra and WMDs) did not involve any personal benefit to Nixon, Reagan or Bush. Compare those with the Clinton scandals, all of which involve personal benefit to the Clintons.

By any objective measure, actual corruption (illegal/unethical conduct in return for personal benefit) has been far more common among Democrats than Republicans.

For example, the three most celebrated GOP "scandals" (Watergate, Iran-Contra and WMDs) did not involve any personal benefit to Nixon, Reagan or Bush. Compare those with the Clinton scandals, all of which involve personal benefit to the Clintons.

Oh please spare me your cherry picking.

There are no examples of the Clinton's being found guilty of anything that involved personal gain- despite years and years of Republicans attempt to prove such a thing.

Watergate was all about 'personal gain' for Nixon- he wanted to rig the election in his favor. And you amazing leave out Spiro Agnew

In 1973, Agnew was investigated by the United States Attorney for the District of Maryland on charges of extortion, tax fraud, bribery, and conspiracy. He was charged with having accepted bribes totaling more than $100,000 while holding office as Baltimore County Executive, Governor of Maryland, and Vice President. On October 10 that same year, Agnew was allowed to plead no contest to a single charge that he had failed to report $29,500 of income received in 1967, with the condition that he resign the office of Vice President.

Try again with that 'objective measure'- because all you have done is cite gossip and ignore Republican convictions.

There are no examples of the Clinton's being found guilty of anything that involved personal gain- despite years and years of Republicans attempt to prove such a thing.

Watergate was all about 'personal gain' for Nixon- he wanted to rig the election in his favor. And you amazing leave out Spiro Agnew

In 1973, Agnew was investigated by the United States Attorney for the District of Maryland on charges of extortion, tax fraud, bribery, and conspiracy. He was charged with having accepted bribes totaling more than $100,000 while holding office as Baltimore County Executive, Governor of Maryland, and Vice President. On October 10 that same year, Agnew was allowed to plead no contest to a single charge that he had failed to report $29,500 of income received in 1967, with the condition that he resign the office of Vice President.

Try again with that 'objective measure'- because all you have done is cite gossip and ignore Republican convictions.

1. Your defense of the Clintons is hilarious. Do you feel the same way about O.J. Simpson? Everything they have done has involved personal benefit. Do you really need me to spell it out?

2. Nixon was unaware of the idiotic Watergate break-in; his attempt to cover it up stemmed from misplaced loyalty to the perpetrators.

3. Agnew was indeed corrupt; is that the best you can do?

Einstein couldn't spell, either. He spells well enough to figure out what he's saying. Not a valid argument.
The misspelling here is deliberate and part of a propaganda tactic in wide use on the fringe right. To refuse to use your opponent's name is a way of depersonalizing and diiminishing. The insulting eptithet (Little Marco, Lyin' Ted etc.) is part of the same technique, It's childish and, in the hands of an adult who ought to know better, a kind of demagoguery, Besides the bad manners, it is a sign that the person using the ploy has no intention of taking the other side seriously in the debate. Folks like that have polluted the exchange of ideas which is a great strength of our democracy.

Let's not forget the $39.5 billion that Dick Cheney was able to shovel into the coffers of Haliburton over the Iraq debacle either.

That isn't what I asked.

You in fact can't name a single thing Trump has been deceptive about as a public official.. Now that MAY simply be because he hasn't ever had a political position, but nevertheless, we are talking about political wrong doings here.

Compare the last GOP administration to the current Dem one, did we see stories of the IRS targeting political opponents? Do you remember any instances of the GOP administration lying to reporters during press conferences, or deleting footage of them?

And further, not only that, but that doesn't even address the question I asked. I asked if you were tired of the lies and deception from the Dem party?

Sadly, I believe your non answer was an answer in and of itself.

Let's not forget the $39.5 billion that Dick Cheney was able to shovel into the coffers of Haliburton over the Iraq debacle either.

Go start your own thread.

So either you want people to agree with your OP that Obama is a serious criminal and if they dont do that they arent being "serious"?

Fuck...I'm out

That isn't what I asked.

You in fact can't name a single thing Trump has been deceptive about as a public official.. Now that MAY simply be because he hasn't ever had a political position, but nevertheless, we are talking about political wrong doings here.

Compare the last GOP administration to the current Dem one, did we see stories of the IRS targeting political opponents? Do you remember any instances of the GOP administration lying to reporters during press conferences, or deleting footage of them?

And further, not only that, but that doesn't even address the question I asked. I asked if you were tired of the lies and deception from the Dem party?

You can certainly say that Trump was deceptive about building a wall across the Mexican border. He even bactracked the idea a few weeks ago. There is no way Mexico is going to pay for it no matter how hard Donald Trump thinks he could have made them do it.

Also Bush lied in a press conference on November 8, 2006, when he announced the resignation of Donald Rumsfeld. A week previously, he made a comment that he hoped Rumsfeld would stay until the end of the presidents term.

Please list the things you claim are "lies, the scandals, the secrecy, the duplicity" and I'll tell you.

So either you want people to agree with your OP that Obama is a serious criminal and if they dont do that they arent being "serious"?

Fuck...I'm out

Correct, I'm not interested in hearing from people who pretend that everything is on the up and up with this administration. If that means you need to stay out of the thread, then by all means do so.

That isn't what I asked.

You can certainly say that Trump was deceptive about building a wall across the Mexican border. He even bactracked the idea a few weeks ago. There is no way Mexico is going to pay for it no matter how hard Donald Trump thinks he could have made them do it.

Also Bush lied in a press conference on November 8, 2006, when he announced the resignation of Donald Rumsfeld. A week previously, he made a comment that he hoped Rumsfeld would stay until the end of the presidents term.

What does Bush have to do with whether you personally are tired of your own parties deception?

Forum List

Back