Zone1 A Question For Pro-Choicers

That's where the devil hides.

I'm on vacation in a wonderful mood. You don't upset me.
You and I have very different ideas of what vacation is if you are chatting with me about abortion.

But I have disarmed your argument and that's what you are upset about. The woman gets her abortion and you don't get to fight about it anymore. At least not without looking unreasonable. That makes you upset.

....and unreasonable.

What does science say about the relative value of a fetus versus a woman's autonomy?
It doesn't. It only says a new genetically distinct human being has come into existence. It's a person with rights, not property or chattel.

I think you are being entirely unreasonable. You should be thanking me instead.

What's not to love about the decriminalization of abortion?

You'd have to be an abortion extremist to not love that; a real fundie.

You and I have very different ideas of what vacation is if you are chatting with me about abortion.
Not much else to do on a long car ride if you're not driving. I disagree with you but I like chatting with you.

But I have disarmed your argument and that's what you are upset about. The woman gets her abortion and you don't get to fight about it anymore. At least not without looking unreasonable. That makes you upset.

....and unreasonable.
There is a difference between you not admitting other values have equal weight and "disarming".

It doesn't. It only says a new genetically distinct human being has come into existence. It's a person with rights, not property or chattel.

I think you are being entirely unreasonable. You should be thanking me instead.
I think you are making a partial case and ignoring the elephant in the room.

There is a difference between you not admitting other values have equal weight and "disarming".
Clearly you do not see the win in decriminalizing abortion. That either makes you stupid or a fundie. Although I suppose it could be both.

I think you are making a partial case and ignoring the elephant in the room.
I rather think I have made a full case and you are struggling against it with fringe arguments and exceptions.

What is the elephant in the room I am not seeing?

I think Roe was a win-win, legal in some cases, restricted in others.
SCOTUS can't legislate from the bench. Roe was unconstitutional. You'd rather have states make abortion a felony rather than a misdemeanor. That's messed up.

Forum List

Back