Zone1 A Question For Pro-Choicers

Hardly a compromise. You want the woman to admit guilt.
Yes, like a speeding ticket. What's the problem? They are ending a human life, why shouldn't that have at least a token punishment?

And she gets to end her pregnancy, so yes, it is a compromise. A big compromise.

How does being able to perform the abortion after acknowledging they are ending a human life and paying a small fine place the rights of the life they are ending above the rights of the one ending that life?

You are such a hard liner you have lost all ability to reason.
Why? So she can admit guilt and seek forgiveness? I'd say having an abortion is punishment enough for me.

Yes, like a speeding ticket. What's the problem? They are ending a human life, why shouldn't that have at least a token punishment?

And she gets to end her pregnancy, so yes, it is a compromise. A big compromise.
So we all need to accept that you are morally right.

Why? So she can admit guilt and seek forgiveness? I'd say having an abortion is punishment enough for me.
No. So she acknowledges that she is deciding to end the life of a human being; one that has never existed before and will never exist again. She needs to know that before she makes her decision.

It's like that human life that is being snuffed out doesn't matter to you at all; that you give it zero consideration. The reality is that it is a specific person; an innocent person. Harm is being done to him. Why shouldn't there be punishment?

So we all need to accept that you are morally right.
This has nothing to do with being morally right. It has to do with solving a complex problem. This is the best solution. Everyone gets something. Society gets justice. The women get her abortion and mercy. Her debt to society is paid. It's almost as if accountability is a foreign concept to you or something.

It's not a remarkable bar.

Murdering an innocent human being is one of the most irredeemably immoral evils of which we are capable.

It's rather easy for one who has never had any part in a murder to credibly claim to be morally superior to anyone who has.
Your opinions are duly noted.

No. So she acknowledges that she is deciding to end the life of a human being; one that has never existed before and will never exist again. She needs to know that before she makes her decision.

It's like that human life that is being snuffed out doesn't matter to you at all; that you give it zero consideration. The reality is that it is a specific person; an innocent person. Harm is being done to him. Why shouldn't there be punishment?
You are welcome to your opinions and values but seem unable to grasp that not everybody shares them.

I don't like abortion but I dislike telling a woman I'm more moral than she is.

This has nothing to do with being morally right. It has to do with solving a complex problem. This is the best solution. Everyone gets something. Society gets justice. The women get her abortion and mercy. Her debt to society is paid. It's almost as if accountability is a foreign concept to you or something.
Ideologically, sounds nice, maybe, but practically unworkable. Would it be a misdemeanor if the abortion saves her life? Will there abortion police in every hospital?

They are not legally guilty of anything?
Technically conspiracy to commit murder.

You are aware abortion has had a long history of being a felony crime, right? So it shouldn't come as a surprise than many see it as a crime against the unborn child.

It seems rather unreasonable of you to complain about abortion being a misdemeanor. Sort of like an extremist or fanatic. Here I am being quite reasonable about it and you still reject it. Fanatical much?

Last edited:
Ideologically, sounds nice, maybe, but practically unworkable. Would it be a misdemeanor if the abortion saves her life? Will there abortion police in every hospital?
Minor details.

You're upset for another reason.

Forum List

Back