A question for the anti-choice crowd.

People like Mertex don't see it as a child. That's the only way she can justify killing it for convenience.
Which of these are a child and which are simply animals?

vzv7va.jpg

They are all the child of the parents who created them. Are you asking which one is human?
This one needs to learn about spontaneous abortion, and cry over them for a while.

"Around half of all fertilized eggs die and are lost (aborted) spontaneously, usually before the woman knows she is pregnant. Among women who know they are pregnant, 15 to 20 out of every 100 will have a miscarriage. Most miscarriages occur during the first 7 weeks of pregnancy. The rate of miscarriage drops after the baby's heartbeat is detected."
Miscarriage: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Go cry about how cruel God is now.

My opposition to abortion isn't of the mindset of forcing someone to have a child. It's EXPECTING someone that CHOSE to do what it takes to create one to take RESPONSIBILITY for the results of the CHOICE they made that caused that result. You think killing the result is responsible. It's not.
They are taking responsibility....just not the way you want to force them to. Ending a pregnancy is their choice, and just because you don't agree with that doesn't mean that the country has to do what you feel is the "right" thing. The majority of American favor abortion, so you are in the minority.

Abortion

Why do you bleeding heart Liberals expect, as of today, those of us not part of the process that created the child to be financially responsible for the child when the one that chose to do so isn't being financially responsible?
Because us bleeding heart liberals are not being hypocritical when we claim we care about people. It's the children that suffer when you claim you don't want to help the poor, and obviously, you calloused conservatives (which some consider themselves to be Christian) are nothing but hypocrites. You are against abortion, but you don't give a crap about the fetus after it is born. You're not pro-life, you are pro-birth.

Republican motto: "Once you are born, you're on your own"

Why are the rest of us forced to pay for a choice we were told to butt out of?
Because you want to live in this country where the majority of Americans have a heart and have agreed to do so. If you don't like it, move to another country.

Killing a life because someone doesn't like the results of spreading her legs isn't responsibility no matter how you try to justify it.
There you go, you sexist pig. It's always just the woman's fault. She wouldn't be spreading her legs if some male with no integrity was right there ready to spew his seed. But being the conservative that you are, you always defend the men....pity the stupid women who vote Republican when sexist pigs like you are so open about your sexism.

Bleeding heart Liberals are hypocritical when they say they care. You say you are compassionate then promote someone else being forced to fund what you think should be done. If you cared, you'd get together and fund yourselves what you say needs to be funded. Since you don't, saying you care and showing you care don't match.

I'm not the one whining here about having to provide a miniscule amount of tax money to help the under-privileged, you are. You claim to care about the fetus, but you don't really give a crap about it once it is born. That's what is hypocritical. You support that which doesn't cost you any money, just lip service.

If the majority of Americans believe like you that only saying you care while promoting someone else funding your care, they don't have a heart. The problem with you agreeing to do so is that it's not your money that's doing it. No matter how much you try, you can't have compassion by demanding someone else be forced to pay. It doesn't work that way.

It's the way our country operates. Majority rules. If you don't like this country and the way it operates, move. And, right now, the majority of Americans want to help the underprivileged. Thank God for that. The ones that claim to be "Godly" are the ones whining about that little bit of tax they pay, while they don't mind all the money that goes to corporations. That's greed, when you help the rich because you think they can do something for you. So very Christian.

If you care, prove it by funding it. Since we both know you won't, so much for your claims you fucking liar.
I do fund it. I pay my taxes and I don't fucking whine about it like you do, sexist pig. You're the fucking liar.....acting like you give a shit about a fetus, but not giving a damn about an actual child.

A child in the womb is an ACTUAL CHILD too.

Do you give a damn about them and their rights too?

People like Mertex don't see it as a child. That's the only way she can justify killing it for convenience.

And, idiots like you don't see poor people as people...that's the only way you can justify not wanting for them to have food or health care, because money means more to you than humans. You only claim to be against abortion because it doesn't cost you anything to move your lips.

Their is nothing hypothetical about calling an unborn a fetus....it is fact. There is nothing hypothetical about fertilized eggs being sold for consumption. And by what statement do you deduct that I don't know that a single cell organism is alive by scientific standards? Where did I say that wasn't the case? Where was "single cell organism" even mentioned in my post?

And you strayed from the OP's original hypothetical statement...so don't use that as an excuse when your ignorance is pointed out.

So you agree that any abortion kills a living developing child?
Don't be ignorant. It is not a child at 20 weeks.....geez.....I bet you scramble chickens for breakfast every morning.

BTW, whens the last time you heard of a pregnant woman being referred to as being "with fetus"?
It doesn't matter what someone wants to refer to it....the scientific name for it is fetus. You ignorant conservatives want to call a fertilized egg a person.....even before it drops down to the uterus, still doesn't make it a person.

People always refer to a woman as being "with child". But hey, you're the regressive sodomite enabler, so just keep on being you, and I'll do the same.
Ignoramus.....pregnant women who want to give birth, refer to the fetus as their baby and being with child......that doesn't make a fertilized egg a baby or a child. But keep on using semantics to try and prove your point.....science may be too difficult for you.

And, no, conservatives are the regressives.....remember, you all want to go back to the 50's.

Our Fetal Homicide Laws prove completely against your denials.
"(d) As used in this section, the term “unborn child” means a child in utero, and the term “child in utero” or “child, who is in utero” means a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb."

So what? It is still a Fetus.

fetus
[fe´tus] (L.)
the developing young in the uterus, specifically the unborn offspring in the postembryonic period, which in humans is from the third month after fertilization until birth.

Yes, it's a stage of the development of a human being. Do you have a point?

Yes, I have a point......unlike the one that forms the top of your head.....it's a fetus, not a person.

What about the men? Shouldn't the father be castrated too?

Only if they're forcing get the mother to get the procedure done. We're constantly told the woman gets the choice, not the Man. However, if she does choose to have the child, he should be financially liable for 18 years, minimum.

Oh..and btw..

"If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman's husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." –Exodus 21:22-25"

^^talking about killing babies. People who kill babies get eye for an eye..and they're talking about the unborn baby's eye there, fake Christian sister Mertie.

You're such an idiot....that verse is talking about the woman. God only punishes the guilty person(s) with a fine if the fetus is lost in an accidental miscarriage, but invokes equal punishment if the woman is injured or killed as a result of the accident. The implication being: 1) the unborn child only has a monetary value to God, 2) the unborn child is not a person, hence their use of the word "fetus," and 3), the woman has infinite value (to her husband) while the fetus has little if any value. The New American Standard and many other English translations validate this position as do many Jewish commentaries.

You claim to be such a Christian.....the Jews, which are God's chosen people don't consider a fetus a person until it is born. You would think that God would have told Moses to set them straight, but as usual, psuedo Christians think they know so much about God and the Bible they misquote His Word to push their misguided ideas.

Exactly.....so why are Republican/conservatives trying to change that?

My opposition to abortion isn't of the mindset of forcing someone to have a child. It's EXPECTING someone that CHOSE to do what it takes to create one to take RESPONSIBILITY for the results of the CHOICE they made that caused that result. You think killing the result is responsible. It's not.
They are taking responsibility....just not the way you want to force them to. Ending a pregnancy is their choice, and just because you don't agree with that doesn't mean that the country has to do what you feel is the "right" thing. The majority of American favor abortion, so you are in the minority.

Abortion

Why do you bleeding heart Liberals expect, as of today, those of us not part of the process that created the child to be financially responsible for the child when the one that chose to do so isn't being financially responsible?
Because us bleeding heart liberals are not being hypocritical when we claim we care about people. It's the children that suffer when you claim you don't want to help the poor, and obviously, you calloused conservatives (which some consider themselves to be Christian) are nothing but hypocrites. You are against abortion, but you don't give a crap about the fetus after it is born. You're not pro-life, you are pro-birth.

Because you want to live in this country where the majority of Americans have a heart and have agreed to do so. If you don't like it, move to another country.

Killing a life because someone doesn't like the results of spreading her legs isn't responsibility no matter how you try to justify it.
There you go, you sexist pig. It's always just the woman's fault. She wouldn't be spreading her legs if some male with no integrity was right there ready to spew his seed. But being the conservative that you are, you always defend the men....pity the stupid women who vote Republican when sexist pigs like you are so open about your sexism.

Bleeding heart Liberals are hypocritical when they say they care. You say you are compassionate then promote someone else being forced to fund what you think should be done. If you cared, you'd get together and fund yourselves what you say needs to be funded. Since you don't, saying you care and showing you care don't match.

I'm not the one whining here about having to provide a miniscule amount of tax money to help the under-privileged, you are. You claim to care about the fetus, but you don't really give a crap about it once it is born. That's what is hypocritical. You support that which doesn't cost you any money, just lip service.

If the majority of Americans believe like you that only saying you care while promoting someone else funding your care, they don't have a heart. The problem with you agreeing to do so is that it's not your money that's doing it. No matter how much you try, you can't have compassion by demanding someone else be forced to pay. It doesn't work that way.

It's the way our country operates. Majority rules. If you don't like this country and the way it operates, move. And, right now, the majority of Americans want to help the underprivileged. Thank God for that. The ones that claim to be "Godly" are the ones whining about that little bit of tax they pay, while they don't mind all the money that goes to corporations. That's greed, when you help the rich because you think they can do something for you. So very Christian.

If you care, prove it by funding it. Since we both know you won't, so much for your claims you fucking liar.
I do fund it. I pay my taxes and I don't fucking whine about it like you do, sexist pig. You're the fucking liar.....acting like you give a shit about a fetus, but not giving a damn about an actual child.

Yet you're absolutely sure it's always the man's fault oinker. You determined it's always the man. I stated that it COULD be the woman. Are you saying she couldn't?

The amount is irrelevant, bitch. If one penny goes to someone that said NOTHING they choose to do with their body is my business, that's one cent too much.

If it's such a small amount, give more voluntarily. That you don't proves you don't care.

Unless you do it voluntarily, it means nothing. Anyone can do what they're forced to do. Bleeding hearts believe doing it that way is the same thing as if you chose to do it.

It's not my responsibility to support someone else's kid they chose to have especially when the person choosing told me to butt out. I didn't make the choice like she asked. All I ask of her is to leave me and MY money alone. If she expects her requests to be honored, why isn't she honorable enough to respect mine?

Yeah, because we know a piker like you is going to open up his wallet and help the poor like Jesus told you to do.....you're such an embarrassment to humankind....I'm glad that "Republican old white men" are dying off and their archaic ideas are going with them.

If I did a DNA test on a scrambled egg (before being cooked obviously)... would it be a chicken, or magically not?
And your point? That DNA determines personhood?

If I did a DNA test on a baby at 23 weeks, would it be human, or not?
Yes, it would be human, a human fetus, not a person, to be more accurate, just like the egg is not going to be a chicken, just because it has the DNA of a chicken.

So, when you eat a scrambled egg for breakfast, are you eating chicken?

It's always funny to watch pagans claim that science disproves 'god' but then turn right around and base all their morality on the most unscientific of positions.
I'm not a pagan, idiot. It's always funny to watch idiots name-call when they don't know anything about the person they are trying to insult. I happen to be a Christian, and believe in God, you idiot, so your comment is an epic fail. And when you find that abortion is condemned in the Bible, be sure to point it out to me.

You're no more a Christian than Care is a Catholic.

It's always funny to watch you baby killers pretend to be saved, as you advocate for the exploitation of women and the murder and abuse of women and children.

Says the psuedo Christian who worships at the Westboro Baptist Church and eats nails for breakfast. It's always funny to watch psuedo Christians like you do a disservice to Christianity with your hate speech and your pretend to care about human beings charade. You are one of Satan's helpers. When you start caring about humans that are already here on earth instead of supporting a party that would do away with all benevolence, then maybe you can call yourself a Christian. As of now, go put on your KKK cape.

Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is an unaffiliated Baptist church known for its hate speech,

Unaffiliated, lol.

And I don't worship at or defend Westboro. You have to lie to make your points, poor sad mentally ill baby killer.

Or so you claim....but who can tell when you wear your KKK outfit?

Nazis loved abortion, too. It was the best way to eliminate populations they despised.
You're so ignorant, you use the Nazi's which best describe Republicans to make a point. Hitler only wanted "Jewish" women or "unhealthy german women" to have abortions. Republicans claim they're okay if the woman's life is at risk, just like Hitler. You're the one that wants a "hateful bigot" that acts like Hitler (Trumpf) to be your next President....so try and get educated, idiot.

Abortions were permitted for German mothers only if the life of the mother was in danger . There were many other exceptions to the rule, however. The Nazi plan targeted Jewish and other women of “inferior stock” specifically as women, for they were the only ones who would finally be able to ensure the continuity of life that was considered “unworthy of life.” As Jews and as women they were placed in situations of “double jeopardy.” The Nazis forbade abortion in order to preserve “healthy” German unborn, but allowed, even encouraged, the destruction of non-German or hereditarily ill German unborn."
abortionundernazis.html

Roe v Wade was passed by the Supreme Court...so I don't understand what your point is.

All rulings issued by the Supreme Court are final, unless they are overturned by subsequent Supreme Court rulings.
The Supreme Court: the Laws of the Land

In a historic decision, the U.S. Supreme Court rules in Roe v. Wade that women, as part of their constitutional right to privacy, can terminate a pregnancy during its first two trimesters. Only during the last trimester, when the fetus can survive outside the womb, would states be permitted to regulate abortion of a healthy pregnancy.
Supreme Court legalizes abortion - Jan 22, 1973 - HISTORY.com

Murder is a crime and is punishable by law. Abortion is legal, therefore not punishable by law, ergo, not murder.

It's not a baby, it is a fetus, until it is born. All of that (except viability) was considered at the time the law was passed. Viability was not that strong at 23 weeks when Roe v Wade was passed as I am sure we have made major medical advances. Most states have laws limiting elective abortions beyond 20 weeks.

Many eggs that are fertilized are sold for consumption. So, while your statement may be partially true, it is not completely true, and if you were to buy eggs directly from a farmer, you most certainly will be eating a fertilized egg.

One question floating among avid egg-eaters is if fertilized eggs are safe for consumption. The answer is yes. It is perfectly okay to eat fertilized eggs. Also, as mentioned in the previous paragraphs, once the fertilized egg is stored inside the fridge, the embryo no longer undergoes any change or development. Rest assured that you can eat your fertilized chicken eggs just fine like the unfertilized ones.
Facts about Fertilized Chicken Eggs : Fertile Chicken Eggs | Chicken Egg Incubators

We sell fertilized chicken eggs,
Fertilized eggs for hatching and eating

Well, it appears that you don't really know as much as you think you do......would fill volumes....:)

I guess neither you or the OP understand what the premise of a hypothetical is. So feel free to carry on in your ignorance.
Roe v Wade was passed by the Supreme Court...so I don't understand what your point is.

All rulings issued by the Supreme Court are final, unless they are overturned by subsequent Supreme Court rulings.
The Supreme Court: the Laws of the Land

In a historic decision, the U.S. Supreme Court rules in Roe v. Wade that women, as part of their constitutional right to privacy, can terminate a pregnancy during its first two trimesters. Only during the last trimester, when the fetus can survive outside the womb, would states be permitted to regulate abortion of a healthy pregnancy.
Supreme Court legalizes abortion - Jan 22, 1973 - HISTORY.com

Murder is a crime and is punishable by law. Abortion is legal, therefore not punishable by law, ergo, not murder.

It's not a baby, it is a fetus, until it is born. All of that (except viability) was considered at the time the law was passed. Viability was not that strong at 23 weeks when Roe v Wade was passed as I am sure we have made major medical advances. Most states have laws limiting elective abortions beyond 20 weeks.

Many eggs that are fertilized are sold for consumption. So, while your statement may be partially true, it is not completely true, and if you were to buy eggs directly from a farmer, you most certainly will be eating a fertilized egg.

One question floating among avid egg-eaters is if fertilized eggs are safe for consumption. The answer is yes. It is perfectly okay to eat fertilized eggs. Also, as mentioned in the previous paragraphs, once the fertilized egg is stored inside the fridge, the embryo no longer undergoes any change or development. Rest assured that you can eat your fertilized chicken eggs just fine like the unfertilized ones.
Facts about Fertilized Chicken Eggs : Fertile Chicken Eggs | Chicken Egg Incubators

We sell fertilized chicken eggs,
Fertilized eggs for hatching and eating

Well, it appears that you don't really know as much as you think you do......would fill volumes....:)

I guess neither you or the OP understand what the premise of a hypothetical is. So feel free to carry on in your ignorance.

Their is nothing hypothetical about calling an unborn a fetus....it is fact. There is nothing hypothetical about fertilized eggs being sold for consumption. And by what statement do you deduct that I don't know that a single cell organism is alive by scientific standards? Where did I say that wasn't the case? Where was "single cell organism" even mentioned in my post?

And you strayed from the OP's original hypothetical statement...so don't use that as an excuse when your ignorance is pointed out.

So you agree that any abortion kills a living developing child?
Don't be ignorant. It is not a child at 20 weeks.....geez.....I bet you scramble chickens for breakfast every morning.

BTW, whens the last time you heard of a pregnant woman being referred to as being "with fetus"?
It doesn't matter what someone wants to refer to it....the scientific name for it is fetus. You ignorant conservatives want to call a fertilized egg a person.....even before it drops down to the uterus, still doesn't make it a person.

People always refer to a woman as being "with child". But hey, you're the regressive sodomite enabler, so just keep on being you, and I'll do the same.
Ignoramus.....pregnant women who want to give birth, refer to the fetus as their baby and being with child......that doesn't make a fertilized egg a baby or a child. But keep on using semantics to try and prove your point.....science may be too difficult for you.

And, no, conservatives are the regressives.....remember, you all want to go back to the 50's.

I actually know all the stages of human development, from fertilized egg to birth, it's you regressives that want to dehumanize everything.
Well, you sure don't seem to know that "fetus" is a correct term for the unborn. And chickens are not human, even if you think you're having them scrambled for your breakfast.

Oh and it's you regressives that want to take us back a few thousand years to Sodom and Gomorrah, you can't get more regressive than that.

Bwahahaha.....quote a Democrat/liberal/progressive that has ever suggested we do away with contraceptives. I dare you to list all the Democrats that want to do away with contraceptives......yeah, because not using contraceptives is so futuristic.....you're pathetic.

11 Politicians Standing Between You and Your Birth Control

Therefore, as it stands, those of us told to butt out of her choice are forced to support HER choice when she can't. How about those of you that think the kids she can't afford but chose to have prove to me you actually care by funding them yourself. I don't owe her or her kids a damn thing because you think she has a choice and then can't afford it.

You seem to be a tad confused. It is because you and the rest of the conservative group that don't want to help women in need that you should butt out if she wants to have an abortion. You want the woman to be forced to give birth, but if she can't afford the child, then you don't want to be involved in helping with that.

That's right, you don't owe her a damn thing, so butt out of her lawful choices. So how about those of you who want the woman to have the child when she doesn't want to, adopt the child and raise it yourself? It works both ways, bubba.

There are huge waiting lists to adopt new born of all races, you fail.

Where's your proof it's conservatives doing the adopting? You fail.

Feel free to point out were I claimed it was only conservatives adopting. Damn you regressive sodomite enablers are so pathetic.

You're the idiot.....you tried to imply that when I suggested that those opposing abortion adopt the unwanted child. Maybe you don't understand the English language, which wouldn't surprise me.

And, I'm sure conservatives will also adopt the extremely deformed babies to raise, the ones that are going to be a vegetable for life and require medical attention for life (the kind of medical care that you Republicans also don't want to provide) because you Republican/conservatives are so compassionate. If anyone is an idiot, it has to be conservatives....they want to do away with the very thing that precludes abortion and at the same time do away with abortion. Logic is not your forte, is it?

And, idiots like you don't see poor people as people...that's the only way you can justify not wanting for them to have food or health care, because money means more to you than humans. You only claim to be against abortion because it doesn't cost you anything to move your lips.

There's that liberal hostage taking we have all come to know so well. "Pay for my baby, or I'll kill it."

And there's that entitlement mindset, too. "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that person over there pay for it."

Next up: Using rape and incest victims as human shields.

The best way to prevent abortions is to increase the level of sex education at age appropriate levels and encourage the use of and make available effective contraceptives at cost (not free).

Therefore, as it stands, those of us told to butt out of her choice are forced to support HER choice when she can't. How about those of you that think the kids she can't afford but chose to have prove to me you actually care by funding them yourself. I don't owe her or her kids a damn thing because you think she has a choice and then can't afford it.

You seem to be a tad confused. It is because you and the rest of the conservative group that don't want to help women in need that you should butt out if she wants to have an abortion. You want the woman to be forced to give birth, but if she can't afford the child, then you don't want to be involved in helping with that.

That's right, you don't owe her a damn thing, so butt out of her lawful choices. So how about those of you who want the woman to have the child when she doesn't want to, adopt the child and raise it yourself? It works both ways, bubba.

There are huge waiting lists to adopt new born of all races, you fail.

Where's your proof it's conservatives doing the adopting? You fail.

Well..... my parents are both extremely conservative... and I myself was adopted. And my parents founded a church, and they have always promoted adoption. Many in my parents conservative church adopted.
And that proves that only conservatives are willing to do that? I know many liberals that adopt, too, and are willing to help the poor besides supporting programs that do that.

Dave Thomas founder of Wendy's, was a massively conservative person, and he was adopted, and he of course started the Dave Thomas foundation for adoption.

Geez, now you've listed two people who have adopted and are conservatives....I guess in your mind that settles it, only conservatives adopt. Bwahahaha.

The Gift of Adoption Fund charity was stated by Christian fundamentalists. I would assume.... they were likely conservative. I don't meet many people described as fundamentalists, that are left-wing liberals.

Maybe because you aren't looking in the right places? Many of the so called fundamentalists that push archaic ideas and call themselves Republicans have taken Christianity to a new level....one they've created themselves, just like the Pharisees in Jesus' time. There are many true Christians that don't agree with the archaic rules Republicans are trying to push....and that doesn't make them any less Christian.

And, my point was that it wasn't just "conservatives" that were doing the adopting. Maybe if you had followed the whole conversation instead of just jumping in and offering your sophomoric responses (as if I had said that conservatives "never" adopt) you would have understood that.

Now as for proving all adopt is one group or another... good luck. I doubt there are any numbers either way.
Which, if you had read my previous comments you would have understood that I was trying to point that out. Instead, you named a few conservatives that have adopted. Logic is not your strong suit.

The best way to prevent abortions is to increase the level of sex education at age appropriate levels and encourage the use of and make available effective contraceptives at cost (not free).
Exactly.

Contraceptives are already widely and easily accessible. We just have a lot of irresponsible people who do not take advantage of them. Our society enables and encourages that irresponsibility.

Half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during sex. Another fifth are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control. If you are using birth control inconsistently, it is almost as ineffective as not using it at all.

We could eliminate nearly three quarters of abortions simply by getting people to use birth control consistently and properly.

Roe v Wade should be repealed as a matter of moral principle. However, the number of legal abortions will not change if it is repealed. Only increasing the proper and consistent use of birth control will do that.

He is the ISIS, of rights for women.

I'm worse than ISIS. They just kill the ones who won't obey - I'm all for forcing them to obey..... a far worse punishment in most women's minds.
And I'm still waiting for one of you fake conservative internet bad asses to tell us when you are going to start refusing to endorse any political candidates, or lawmakers who do not publicly endorse your desire to see women who seek abortions proverbially flogged.

Or, are you hoping that they don't have to, can get elected without publicly taking a position, then push your agenda on an unsuspecting populace? Because I feel fairly confident in stating that no politician who actually professed to endorse the positions you are taking on this anonymous internet forum would ever actually get elected. Which is, I suppose, why none of you spewing this bullshit, here, actually expect any politician to publicly endorse the positions you are spouting.

And I'm still waiting for one of you fake conservative internet bad asses to tell us when you are going to start refusing to endorse any political candidates, or lawmakers who do not publicly endorse your desire to see women who seek abortions proverbially flogged.

Or, are you hoping that they don't have to, can get elected without publicly taking a position, then pushing your agenda on an unsuspecting populace? Because I feel fairly confident in stating that no politician who actually professed to endorse the positions you are taking on this anonymous internet forum would ever actually get elected. Which is, I suppose, why none of you spewing this bullshit, here, actually expect any politician to publicly endorse the positions you are spouting.

As soon as you can show me endorsing or refusing to endorse any candidate. I am not a Republican and never have been. I don't endorse or support candidates who don't support my values. That's why I so rarely vote.... there are few viable candidates in my mind.

Exactly.

Contraceptives are already widely and easily accessible. We just have a lot of irresponsible people who do not take advantage of them. Our society enables and encourages that irresponsibility.

Half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during sex. Another fifth are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control. If you are using birth control inconsistently, it is almost as ineffective as not using it at all.

We could eliminate nearly three quarters of abortions simply by getting people to use birth control consistently and properly.

Roe v Wade should be repealed as a matter of moral principle. However, the number of legal abortions will not change if it is repealed. Only increasing the proper and consistent use of birth control will do that.
Disagreed on repealing Roe v. Wade, but definitely agree we need to push the responsible use of contraceptives plus effective sex education in schools.

There's that liberal hostage taking we have all come to know so well. "Pay for my baby, or I'll kill it."
That exists only in the minds of Republicans.....who make up such garbage to assuage their conscience when they grip their money so tight. And then they turn around and claim that they love God and He provides and protects them, but they'll keep their guns and money close, just in case God is busy doing something else.

And there's that entitlement mindset, too. "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that person over there pay for it."
As opposed to the "I've got mine and I'm not sharing" from the conservative side? Bwahahaha....but they don't mind sharing with the corporations, because we all know that one day some of the money is going to "trickle down" and make every conservative rich, like Trumpf. Bwahahaha!

Next up: Using rape and incest victims as human shields.
You mean, like Republican/conservatives try to use anti-abortion as their claim to religiosity? Oh, I forgot, speaking up against abortion doesn't cost anything....so much easier on the purse than actually helping "real" people.

Exactly.....so why are Republican/conservatives trying to change that?

Abortion

A child in the womb is an ACTUAL CHILD too.
It is a fetus with the potential to become a child. We can play with semantics all day, if you want to.

Do you give a damn about them and their rights too?
Of course I do, but I give the woman who is already born and breathing more rights than a fetus.

Forum List

Back