🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A question of honesty

If the al-Baghdadi raid failed, would you have blamed Trump?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I addressed that in my first post on the subject.

"Not really, it's not like any other president wouldn't have given the same order.

I say that realizing the same is true for President Obama."

Is that so?

Presidents don't gather intelligence, they don't plan raids, don't transport personnel in and out of danger zones, don't participate in the raid, don't face gun fire.

What they do is to receive intelligence, read their briefs, understand the options, pros and cons, eliminate obstacles beforehand, make the decision in the light of all of the foregoing, bear the responsibility, and, in the aftermath, let the citizenry in on their decision, contribute to healing.

To reduce that to a mere "give the order" is to shortchange the goings-on.

From reading briefs on to alienating their most valuable intelligence asset to his spiteful, bile-spewing episode thereafter, Trump failed on multiple accounts. All the while, President Obama oversaw a carefully built intelligence operation, and, in the aftermath gave a solemn address that would contribute to healing wounds.

The latter is what "success" might look like, if one wants to use that word in conjunction with a killing. "Terrorist dead", isn't, not if others replace him and continue as if nothing had happened. It isn't in case the easiest prediction to make is that the masturbatory victory lap laced with insults and contempt, including the worst insult known to Muslims - "a dog" - will energize the terrorist's camp.

Whatever, it is still not really known whether the OBL raid was a success by any reasonable measure, and crediting President Obama for it is highly ambiguous at best. Reducing it all to a kill, and who deserves credit, is lame-brained and falling far short.

If it failed, we wouldn't have heard about it at all. Trump never fails, at least in his own mind.
Well, as President he has been spectacular. Come to think of it, he was spectacular before too.
A spectacular liar, yes. Other things, not so much.
That's not true. He has pulled The USA back from the abyss that the last dude had us on the edge of.
Economy, Employment, ISIS, Energy Independence, Trade Deals - the list is long. Suffice it to say America haters will not agree.
Fake news! Suffice it to say that those who are so quick to label others as "America haters" are the real "scum of the earth".

If it failed, we wouldn't have heard about it at all. Trump never fails, at least in his own mind.
Well, as President he has been spectacular. Come to think of it, he was spectacular before too.
That's not true. He has pulled The USA back from the abyss that the last dude had us on the edge of.
Economy, Employment, ISIS, Energy Independence, Trade Deals - the list is long. Suffice it to say America haters will not agree.
Fake news! Suffice it to say that those who are so quick to label others as "America haters" are the real "scum of the earth".

It's true news
What is your reason for not loving the USA?

I addressed that in my first post on the subject.

"Not really, it's not like any other president wouldn't have given the same order.

I say that realizing the same is true for President Obama."

Is that so?

Presidents don't gather intelligence, they don't plan raids, don't transport personnel in and out of danger zones, don't participate in the raid, don't face gun fire.

What they do is to receive intelligence, read their briefs, understand the options, pros and cons, eliminate obstacles beforehand, make the decision in the light of all of the foregoing, bear the responsibility, and, in the aftermath, let the citizenry in on their decision, contribute to healing.

To reduce that to a mere "give the order" is to shortchange the goings-on.

From reading briefs on to alienating their most valuable intelligence asset to his spiteful, bile-spewing episode thereafter, Trump failed on multiple accounts. All the while, President Obama oversaw a carefully built intelligence operation, and, in the aftermath gave a solemn address that would contribute to healing wounds.

The latter is what "success" might look like, if one wants to use that word in conjunction with a killing. "Terrorist dead", isn't, not if others replace him and continue as if nothing had happened. It isn't in case the easiest prediction to make is that the masturbatory victory lap laced with insults and contempt, including the worst insult known to Muslims - "a dog" - will energize the terrorist's camp.

Whatever, it is still not really known whether the OBL raid was a success by any reasonable measure, and crediting President Obama for it is highly ambiguous at best. Reducing it all to a kill, and who deserves credit, is lame-brained and falling far short.
You can win, or lose, with grace. Trump struggles with both outcomes.

It's true news. What is your reason for not loving the USA?
Good bye, troll.

It's true news. What is your reason for not loving the USA?
Good bye, troll.

Bye mental midget

It's true news

And what reason do YOU have for not loving America. All of it, not just the small part that suits you.

It's true news

And what reason do YOU have for not loving America. All of it, not just the small part that suits you.

It's not a small part that I love-
It's a large part
In fact it's most of the country
See any map and look and the "red" parts.

It's true news

It's not a small part that I love-
It's a large part
In fact it's most of the country
See any map and look and the "red" parts.

Funny, I live in a solid Red area. it's tradition to vote Republican. But it gets a lighter red each day. You'll find that our Western Slope Democrats would probably be called Republican Centrists or RINOS in the areas you support the hardests much like California Republicans would be Democrat Centrists here.

Those maps you keep trotting out are dishonest. Unless an area is completely dominated by the Democrats it's listed as solid RED. In reality, if it were honest, it would have shades of both blue and red and purple.

When I go to the VA, right after something that Rump does comes up, there is discussion in the lobby. MOST of the people in the lobby are NOT Rump supporters. And the last time I checked, almost everyone in that lobby will be a Veteran. 2 years ago, that wouldn't be happening. But lately, it's happening more and more. Rump is losing support of the Veterans fast. While that is not a huge number, it does affect other groups as well. And trying to kiss up to the Gold Star Mothers won't work because he's already shit all over them before and WE don't forget.

Yep. I think you could be forgiven if you struggled to associate Trump with grace.

I associate Trump with spectacular results

Oh, that's one way of describing Rump alright. Spectacular.

Correct.

There were many leaders that were also spectacular. Do you really want me to list them or are you going to just let it drop.

Yep. I think you could be forgiven if you struggled to associate Trump with grace.

Correct.

There were many leaders that were also spectacular. Do you really want me to list them or are you going to just let it drop.

Why would I give a fuck what some random idiot posts?

Correct.

Why would I give a fuck what some random idiot posts?

I knew you couldn't just let it drop. I had faith in your ability to be spectacularly stupid. Now for the list of Spectacular Leaders.

Hilter
Stalin
Mao
FDR
Kennedy
Ike
Chamberlain
Mussolini
Churchill

Each one was spectacular in their own way in both good and bad. So I find that Rump is very spectacular, indeed or at least he thinks he is. But he's in no way in the caliber of these leaders. Let's hope he never gets to be. The Nation may not live to tell about it.

This kind of double standard plagues politics. The right is no better.
Yep. And they both point the finger at each other. Zero honesty. Zero credibility. Zero shame.
And for that the American voter is to blame for lapping up the bull shit like good dogs.
The main thing is that we all know who the Kardashian girls are banging.

Yes, and that prince Harry and duchess Megan are looking into buying a second home here In America! Oh, and we have an awesome economy! Sure, we couldent pay off the national debt, but we make enough $$ to keep borrowing! Yay! All sides suck. They are all crooked motherfuckers.

Forum List

Back