A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

There is a huge social movement to indoctrinate each generation into the normalcy of homosexuality. So it isn't surprising that acceptance of homosexuality is growing. Like the acceptance of promiscuity, drug use, alcoholism in children, abortion. We aren't becoming more accepting of homosexuality but across the board degeneracy in every form. Fortunately degeneracy has a half life and cultures that do become wholly degenerate don't last very long.

Sigh....do I have to go through the whole Greece, Egypt, and Rome thing with you too?

There is a huge social movement to indoctrinate each generation into the normalcy of homosexuality. So it isn't surprising that acceptance of homosexuality is growing. Like the acceptance of promiscuity, drug use, alcoholism in children, abortion. We aren't becoming more accepting of homosexuality but across the board degeneracy in every form. Fortunately degeneracy has a half life and cultures that do become wholly degenerate don't last very long.

Sigh....do I have to go through the whole Greece, Egypt, and Rome thing with you too?

You don't have time.

Laterz.

We are simply less accepting of the perversion of civilization practiced by the katzdogzs.

The bad old days are ending.

Let's put a little sanity to this, shall we?

The three main arguments people give against gay marriage are

1) The Bible says it's wrong.
2) I find it icky (when dudes do it anyway. )
3) Marriage has always been defined as this, so we shouldn't change it.

The first one is easily dipsensed with. The bible has a whole lot of rules most of us don't follow, and we invent a thousand denominations to give us an excuse as to why we do or don't follow the rules we don't like. And that's a personal choice.

The second one is that yes, certain things are not an image I'd want in my head. But there really isn't anything gays do to each other than straights do to each other.

The third is that marriage has not always been what it is now. Women don't pledge to obey their husbands anymore. That's considered passe. Marriages have become unions of equals, as opposed to transfers of property. True, we have a few vestigates of the "Women as property". Wedding gowns still have veils because at one time, you didn't see what you got until your arranged marriage was in progress. Fathers still walk their daughters down the aisle, but it isn't a transfer of property along with a dowry and an expectation you could beat your wife with impunity.

So once you've dispensed with those three flimsey arguments, you don't have anything left.

Now, that said, I think that if we are going to make it legal, as we should, it should be done by votes of the legislature, as NY did it, and not by judicial fiat as CA has done it.

We are simply less accepting of the perversion of civilization practiced by the katzdogzs.

When you say, "The bad old days are ending", it would mean that things are getting better. However, all indications are that our society is in a state of decline, not growth.

Okay, I got to call you out on this.

Instead of lumping homosexuality in with alcoholism in children (which most people agree are bad thing) and drug use, (which agian, most people think is bad but they disagree on how to address it. What you jokers are trying sure as hell ain't working) why don't you explain to us why homosexuality is wrong without quoting the bible or telling me we've always done it this way or expressing your personal ick factor with it (which again, sounds like a personal hangup.)

When you say, "The bad old days are ending", it would mean that things are getting better. However, all indications are that our society is in a state of decline, not growth.

Yes, it is. But not for the reasons you think.

We are not in decline because Gay people don't have to fear people beating them up.

We are in decline because there has been a huge shift of wealth from the working class to the investing class and from the West to the East. None of this really has to do with social or sexual morals.

We are not in decline because Gay people don't have to fear people beating them up.

We are in decline because there has been a huge shift of wealth from the working class to the investing class and from the West to the East. None of this really has to do with social or sexual morals.

I respectfully disagree Joe. Our moral foundation is crumbling. Our society is lost like a ship without a compass. This crumbling moral foundation is the cause, everything else is the effects.

I respectfully disagree Joe. Our moral foundation is crumbling. Our society is lost like a ship without a compass. This crumbling moral foundation is the cause, everything else is the effects.

So can you actually show cause and effect? Or are you just looking for scapegoats.

For instance, I can make the case that greed is the cause and effect of our problems.

Cause- Greedy CEO's move jobs to China to make bigger profits.

Effect- Middle class wages go down, money transfers outside the US, jobs become more scarce, people can't keep things up anymore.

Now, you can complain our "moral foundation" is crumbling, but our moral foundation in this country was slavery, genocide of the native americans, and sexual suppression of women, which today, nearly everyone sane agrees were bad ideas.

I think there are moral issues that are problems. Marriage in decline, but that has more to do with the stresses placed on working people (who has time for marriage when you are working three jobs to keep a roof over your head?) by the greedy than the fact that someone who is gay having other options than trying out loveless marriage they have no interest in.

I had an aunt who was without a doubt a lesbian. But in the oldy days, you just didn't do that. So she entered sham marriage which lasted a year. She had a kid she was completely unable to parent. Seriously, she'd have been a lot better off had she been able to be true to herself.

So can you actually show cause and effect? Or are you just looking for scapegoats.

For instance, I can make the case that greed is the cause and effect of our problems.

Effect- Middle class wages go down, money transfers outside the US, jobs become more scarce, people can't keep things up anymore.

Now, you can complain our "moral foundation" is crumbling, but our moral foundation in this country was slavery, genocide of the native americans, and sexual suppression of women, which today, nearly everyone sane agrees were bad ideas.

I think there are moral issues that are problems. Marriage in decline, but that has more to do with the stresses placed on working people (who has time for marriage when you are working three jobs to keep a roof over your head?) by the greedy than the fact that someone who is gay having other options than trying out loveless marriage they have no interest in.

I had an aunt who was without a doubt a lesbian. But in the oldy days, you just didn't do that. So she entered sham marriage which lasted a year. She had a kid she was completely unable to parent. Seriously, she'd have been a lot better off had she been able to be true to herself.

Joe, I think that it is clear that the break-up of the intact family as the foundation of our society has had disastrous effects. There is no greater obstacle to a child than to be born to a single mother. Statistics show that children born out-of-wedlock have much greater chances of becoming criminals, living in poverty and dropping out of school. This is where the moral issues begin.

Joe, I think that it is clear that the break-up of the intact family as the foundation of our society has had disastrous effects. There is no greater obstacle to a child than to be born to a single mother. Statistics show that children born out-of-wedlock have much greater chances of becoming criminals, living in poverty and dropping out of school. This is where the moral issues begin.

My daughter and nephew didn't get that memo. I'd better give them a call.

And how is preventing gay marriage helping prevent single parent homes??

Since the entire debate on the definition of family is based on whether or not gays should be allowed to marry, the only question is whether or not two people of the same gender in a long term relationship and their children are a family.

Are two lesbians raising children or two gay men raising children together, in a long term relationship, a family?

No, dear friend, I do not. The bad old days were days of sexism, racism, homophobia, ethnocentrism, and rich oppressing the poor. Some of that is gone, and, as scripture says, we will always have the poor with us, but homophobic social customs are ending. That is good.

Not "our" American foundation, dear Gary, merely yours, and it is good it is ending.

Forum List

Back