A Repub tells the truth

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
gop-party-of-no.png

Republican FINALLY Admits The GOP Is The Party Of No Ideas -

“I think one of the most unfortunate things my party did the last three years was not offer an alternative to health care,” Ross responded. “I’ve always felt that way. I think it’s absurd when I tell people that this isn’t what you should do, but I don’t have an alternative for you.”“I wish we had an alternative. It would make — you know what’s unfortunate? for the next six months, we’re going to go into an election knowing that we’re not going to do anything to address health care. Because we’ve gone so far in the last three years saying no, that we don’t have an alternative to say yes to”

so said, Rep. Dennis Ross

This, from Paul Ryan

“If you look at these kinds of reforms, where they’ve been tried before — say the state of Kentucky, for example — you basically make it impossible to underwrite insurance,” Ryan told Bloomberg’s Al Hunt when asked if Republicans would maintain the pre-existing conditions regulations, dependent coverage extension, and other rate requirements. “You dramatically crank up the cost. And you make it hard for people to get affordable health care,” Ryan insisted.

It goes much deeper than that. When obstructionism prevents reforms and legislation that were part of your own Republican agenda, it becomes a form of domestic terrorism IMO.

Republicans were well aware that health care reform was paramount to repairing our economy and protecting the financial security of American families. McCain, and Republicans ALSO ran on promising health care reforms.

But Republicans made a conscious and collective decision to block and undermine any reform. Because it would be seen as a success for our President.

David Frum, the Republican and former economic speechwriter for George W. Bush was fired by the American Enterprise Institute for writing this op-ed, a right wing think tank whose 'scholars' ironically were ordered not to speak to the media on the subject of health care reform, because they agreed with too much of what Obama was trying to do.

Waterloo
by David Frum

At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994.

This time, when we went for all the marbles, we ended with none.

Could a deal have been reached? Who knows? But we do know that the gap between this plan and traditional Republican ideas is not very big. The Obama plan has a broad family resemblance to Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts plan. It builds on ideas developed at the Heritage Foundation in the early 1990s that formed the basis for Republican counter-proposals to Clintoncare in 1993-1994.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The final irony:
The health care bill Obama and Democrats passed was not the reform liberals and progressives sought. It was and IS a carbon copy of the Republican bills proposed by Senator John Chafee, (R-R.I) and Senate Minority Leader Bob Dole in the early 1990's. Including the conservative idea...the individual mandate.

This, from Paul Ryan

“If you look at these kinds of reforms, where they’ve been tried before — say the state of Kentucky, for example — you basically make it impossible to underwrite insurance,” Ryan told Bloomberg’s Al Hunt when asked if Republicans would maintain the pre-existing conditions regulations, dependent coverage extension, and other rate requirements. “You dramatically crank up the cost. And you make it hard for people to get affordable health care,” Ryan insisted.

This is the post where a Republican tells the truth, right?
Because in fact it is.

It goes much deeper than that. When obstructionism prevents reforms and legislation that were part of your own Republican agenda, it becomes a form of domestic terrorism IMO.

Republicans were well aware that health care reform was paramount to repairing our economy and protecting the financial security of American families. McCain, and Republicans ALSO ran on promising health care reforms.

But Republicans made a conscious and collective decision to block and undermine any reform. Because it would be seen as a success for our President.

David Frum, the Republican and former economic speechwriter for George W. Bush was fired by the American Enterprise Institute for writing this op-ed, a right wing think tank whose 'scholars' ironically were ordered not to speak to the media on the subject of health care reform, because they agreed with too much of what Obama was trying to do.

Waterloo
by David Frum

At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994.

Could a deal have been reached? Who knows? But we do know that the gap between this plan and traditional Republican ideas is not very big. The Obama plan has a broad family resemblance to Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts plan. It builds on ideas developed at the Heritage Foundation in the early 1990s that formed the basis for Republican counter-proposals to Clintoncare in 1993-1994.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The final irony:
The health care bill Obama and Democrats passed was not the reform liberals and progressives sought. It was and IS a carbon copy of the Republican bills proposed by Senator John Chafee, (R-R.I) and Senate Minority Leader Bob Dole in the early 1990's. Including the conservative idea...the individual mandate.

Yes they made that decision after they were blocked by the White House from having any meaningful input into the final product. The Democrats' idea of working together is "you do things my way."
Now the Dems own Obamacare. They cannot run away from it. And we will stick it up their asses every day.

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

The Washington Monthly

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

The Washington Monthly

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

Why don't you explain exactly what you think this quotation means?

When we get rid of the Republican's that act and vote like they are the subversive Democrats, we might start having some meaningful legislation passed. Of course that all depends on if we get a rational person in as president, and just not another narcissist dictator, with visions of communism running rampant through their heads!

gop-party-of-no.png

“I think one of the most unfortunate things my party did the last three years was not offer an alternative to health care,” Ross responded. “I’ve always felt that way. I think it’s absurd when I tell people that this isn’t what you should do, but I don’t have an alternative for you.”“I wish we had an alternative. It would make — you know what’s unfortunate? for the next six months, we’re going to go into an election knowing that we’re not going to do anything to address health care. Because we’ve gone so far in the last three years saying no, that we don’t have an alternative to say yes to”

Gingrich, of all people, said the same thing. He maybe partisan as heck, but he's no dummy. He said simply being against things is not a party platform. People won't vote for you simply because you're against something. At least not enough people to win Presidential/national elections. H enailed it 6 months ago:

Gingrich: Republicans have 'zero' health care ideas
"I will bet you, for most of you, you go home in the next two weeks when your members of Congress are home, and you look them in the eye and you say, 'What is your positive replacement for Obamacare?' They will have zero answer," Gingrich said.

Gingrich blamed the problem on Republican culture that rewards obstruction and negativity instead of innovation and "being positive."

Last edited:

Waterloo
by David Frum

The final irony:

Yes they made that decision after they were blocked by the White House from having any meaningful input into the final product. The Democrats' idea of working together is "you do things my way."
Now the Dems own Obamacare. They cannot run away from it. And we will stick it up their asses every day.
Pure BULLSHIT!

The GOP had 161 amendments in the final bill. There were six bipartisan working groups that met a combined 72 times in 2009. All four health care planks on the GOP's Solutions for America website were incorporated into the bill.

gop-party-of-no.png

Just as I thought, he didn't say what you claim he said.

Waterloo
by David Frum

The final irony:

BULLSHIT

X9agfpQ.jpg

gop_filibusters.jpg

Cloture-Invoked3Final.png

Waterloo
by David Frum

The final irony:

Pure BULLSHIT!

The GOP had 161 amendments in the final bill. There were six bipartisan working groups that met a combined 72 times in 2009. All four health care planks on the GOP's Solutions for America website were incorporated into the bill.

Wake up spinmeister, some may not know you lie, but some of us do and can back it up! ...Most of the 161 amendments were technical, rather than substantive, changes...and those that were substantive were like Oklahoma's Tom Coburn requiring members of Congress, and their staff to enroll in the government-run health insurance program....Which was CHANGED by the Manchurian muslim AFTER the bill was passed as were many others, or Had NOTHING to do with the Obumacare bill such as an amendment sponsored by Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, that would "establish an auto advisory council to make recommendations to the Secretary of the Treasury regarding how best to represent the taxpayers of the United States as the majority owner of General Motors."

You sir, are an ass, and a dishonest ass, at that!

Last edited:

Waterloo
by David Frum

The final irony:

BULLSHIT

X9agfpQ.jpg

gop_filibusters.jpg

Cloture-Invoked3Final.png

Isn't it wonderful that Republicans actually TRIED to stop socialism, and communism from being pushed into law!

Waterloo
by David Frum

The final irony:

Pure BULLSHIT!

The Rabbi caught "making up stuff" :eusa_liar: again just like Yurt w/ no link :eusa_whistle: :eusa_hand:

Don't jump into threads unprepared you clangers :laugh:

As to the OP, yeah, Repubs have been overtly stonewalling since 2010 if not earlier (see: McConnell (R) :eusa_shhh: )

Pure BULLSHIT!

Wake up spinmeister, some may not know you lie, but some of us do and can back it up! ...Most of the 161 amendments were technical, rather than substantive, changes...and those that were substantive were like Oklahoma's Tom Coburn requiring members of Congress, and their staff to enroll in the government-run health insurance program....Which was CHANGED by the Manchurian muslim AFTER the bill was passed as were many others, or Had NOTHING to do with the Obumacare bill such as an amendment sponsored by Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, that would "establish an auto advisory council to make recommendations to the Secretary of the Treasury regarding how best to represent the taxpayers of the United States as the majority owner of General Motors."

You sir, are an ass, and a dishonest ass, at that!

link?

When was the last time you used one? :eusa_eh:

Pure BULLSHIT!

The Rabbi caught "making up stuff" :eusa_liar: again just like Yurt w/ no link :eusa_whistle: :eusa_hand:

Don't jump into threads unprepared you clangers :laugh:

As to the OP, yeah, Repubs have been overtly stonewalling since 2010 if not earlier (see: McConnell (R) :eusa_shhh: )
I didnt make up anything, jerk off. I followed what was happening. I'm not playing your "links" game anymore because every time I post something you either say it doesnt mean that or you bugger off to another thread. Because you are a dishonest piece of shit.

Forum List

Back