A savage cult

I might have read the same book! Plus, PBS had a documentary on it. The idea was the women were harlots and needed to be punished for thier sins I guess.

I will think of the name of the book, I can't remember it at the moment.

The girls were punished on a regular basis, whipped and beaten with sticks.

What amazed me was how far into the 20th century they were still open - the last one closed in 1996. They were supported by the state and by religious charities - for "fallen women".

Magdalene Laundries in Ireland - Wikipedia

Yes disgusting.

Mass grave of babies and children found at Tuam care home in Ireland

The sum of human misery here is not calculable on any scale.

Check out the present day mass graves overseen by ISIS. Tuam will pale in comparison.
Isis is a false comparison. They are stone age savages.

Check out the present day mass graves overseen by ISIS. Tuam will pale in comparison.

ISIS is horrific, but no one pretends ISIS is anything but it what it actually is - a horrific cult of thugs and criminals.

What happened in Tuarn happened and happens among supposedly civilized people with western values.

Every society has evil aberrations. Tuam is shocking because it is such an aberration and not representative of all Catholic Nun charity work. ISIS, however, is quite representative of Radical Islamic Terror.

ISIS is not representative of Islam. It's an evil aberration.

"ISIS is not representative of Islam. It's an evil aberration."

When Muslims don't know who is a extremist, how can anyone else? As an atheist, they would stone me to death. Not liking a culture stuck in the thirteenth century and their brand of dogma imposed on me on any guise.
When Muslims don't know who is a extremist, how can anyone else? As an atheist, they would stone me to death. Not liking a culture stuck in the thirteenth century and their brand of dogma imposed on me on any guise.

And yet abortion kills how babies many each year? Imagine that.
none? but you kill grammar. are you drunk?

But it does have a calculus when liberals are concerned. I am a atheist, what is a human life worth? People are so cynical to the worth of human life, as to be just empty rhetoric. Bombing Dresden? Scientific research? Abortion? military losses? Exploiting popular political causes?
Why is this a liberal issue ? The Catholic Church is quite conservative in my opinion.
Abortion is basically infanticide. Killing babies is wrong, the point of this thread. Calling out hypocrisy of the church or liberalism. Infanticide bad, abortion good? What is the difference?

"Infanticide bad, abortion good? What is the difference?"

To me the difference is the hypocrisy, The Vatican has always preached against abortion, even to the extreme, such as women and girls who have been raped or victims of incest must not have an abortion, which I think is very cruel to say that in those cases they cannot have an abortion.

So you have The Vatican preaching against abortion and yet for many, many decades being aware of the Infanticide that was happening at these terrible and sadistic institutions run by priests and nuns.

It's the hypocrisy Mary. They are going to Hell.

Any cult that would devise stoning people to death as form of punishment, let alone crash planes into buildings harming non believers just for being non believers, needs a little more scrutiny than your average cultist haters nut jobs. A savage cult that trows gays off buildings and burns people alive, let's tolerate THAT?

And yet abortion kills how babies many each year? Imagine that.

But it does have a calculus when liberals are concerned. I am a atheist, what is a human life worth? People are so cynical to the worth of human life, as to be just empty rhetoric. Bombing Dresden? Scientific research? Abortion? military losses? Exploiting popular political causes?
Why is this a liberal issue ? The Catholic Church is quite conservative in my opinion.
Abortion is basically infanticide. Killing babies is wrong, the point of this thread. Calling out hypocrisy of the church or liberalism. Infanticide bad, abortion good? What is the difference?

To me the difference is the hypocrisy, The Vatican has always preached against abortion, even to the extreme, such as women and girls who have been raped or victims of incest must not have an abortion, which I think is very cruel to say that in those cases they cannot have an abortion.

So you have The Vatican preaching against abortion and yet for many, many decades being aware of the Infanticide that was happening at these terrible and sadistic institutions run by priests and nuns.

That is one of the things that bothers me...I am pro-choice, but I would rather abortion NOT be the choice, that means doing everything possible to help girls and women avoid pregnancy if they don't want it and give them all the help they need if they get pregnant and choose to have a baby. Not punish them as "fallen women" and take their children from them if they want to keep them.

Any cult that would devise stoning people to death as form of punishment, let alone crash planes into buildings harming non believers just for being non believers, needs a little more scrutiny than your average cultist haters nut jobs. A savage cult that troughs gays of buildings and burns people alive, let's tolerate THAT?

How about we discuss the topic instead of derailing this into a thread about Islam which has nothing to do with the OP.

I might have read the same book! Plus, PBS had a documentary on it. The idea was the women were harlots and needed to be punished for thier sins I guess.

This is the book I read, is this the same book you read?

41OPwhsBqxL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

No, different one - can't remember what it was. But that one is one I think I'm going to look up :)

That is one of the things that bothers me...I am pro-choice, but I would rather abortion NOT be the choice, that means doing everything possible to help girls and women avoid pregnancy if they don't want it and give them all the help they need if they get pregnant and choose to have a baby. Not punish them as "fallen women" and take their children from them if they want to keep them.

This is why I think contraception should be free for teenagers, those who say this would encourage them to have sex, they don't need any encouragement the teenage pregnancy rate shows that.

No, different one - can't remember what it was. But that one is one I think I'm going to look up :)

It's a very extensive book, well researched and written, of course it's a harrowing book, but I recommend it.

This is why I think contraception should be free for teenagers, those who say this would encourage them to have sex, they don't need any encouragement the teenage pregnancy rate shows that.

You are so right! Teens are teens, not adults - though I'm not a parent, I imagine all parents do their best to prepare them - teach them abstinance, but make sure there is a fall back if they fail.

...Teens are teens, not adults - though I'm not a parent, I imagine all parents do their best to prepare them - teach them abstinance, but make sure there is a fall back if they fail.
Brainwashing starts at an early age.

First with parents, then teachers, then ministers, then the government, and finally employers.

The one thing that is more fatal than brainwashing is neglect.

Lots of parent neglect their kids. They don't even talk to them.

That is what is worse.

Taking away someone else's freedom is worse than killing feti (plural of fetus).

Any cult that would devise stoning people to death as form of punishment, let alone crash planes into buildings harming non believers just for being non believers, needs a little more scrutiny than your average cultist haters nut jobs. A savage cult that trows gays off buildings and burns people alive, let's tolerate THAT?
Moses invented stoning in 1450 BCE. He was a Levite -- one of the tribes of Hebrews.

The moosleems simply plagiarized Judaism and Christianity.

Even the moosleem head honcho angle Gabriel is a Jewish and also a Christian invention.

Any cult that would devise stoning people to death as form of punishment, let alone crash planes into buildings harming non believers just for being non believers, needs a little more scrutiny than your average cultist haters nut jobs. A savage cult that troughs gays of buildings and burns people alive, let's tolerate THAT?

How about we discuss the topic instead of derailing this into a thread about Islam which has nothing to do with the OP.
Forgive me for mixing up "Savage cults" with Islam, how silly of me to go off topic like that. Rather, Catholic infanticide is bad, but nonsecular abortion is OK though? Let's stay on topic.

Forgive me for mixing up "Savage cults" with Islam, how silly of me to go off topic like that. Rather, Catholic infanticide is bad, but nonsecular abortion is OK though? Let's stay on topic.

Yes, let's stay on topic.

...Teens are teens, not adults - though I'm not a parent, I imagine all parents do their best to prepare them - teach them abstinance, but make sure there is a fall back if they fail.
Brainwashing starts at an early age.

First with parents, then teachers, then ministers, then the government, and finally employers.

The one thing that is more fatal than brainwashing is neglect.

Lots of parent neglect their kids. They don't even talk to them.

That is what is worse.

Agree...neglect, even benign neglect is wrong.

Isis is a false comparison. They are stone age savages.

ISIS is horrific, but no one pretends ISIS is anything but it what it actually is - a horrific cult of thugs and criminals.

What happened in Tuarn happened and happens among supposedly civilized people with western values.

Every society has evil aberrations. Tuam is shocking because it is such an aberration and not representative of all Catholic Nun charity work. ISIS, however, is quite representative of Radical Islamic Terror.

ISIS is not representative of Islam. It's an evil aberration.

"ISIS is not representative of Islam. It's an evil aberration."

There is nothing wrong with being atheist.

As long as you did not commit adultery (an English word meaning wife swapping to the Hebrews) you would not be stoned in ancient Israel or Judea.

You could even be a slut in ancient Israel and get away with it.

Atheism is a faith system based on the faith that there IS NO God.

There is no way to prove atheism same as there is no way to prove Religion.

Agnosticism is more scientific.

Deism is a Philosophy and Theism is Religion.

Did you get all that? There will be a test on this afterwards.

We know that Catholic nuns committed infanticide, sure.

Are you a Catholic nun?

If not then why do you give a ratz azz ??

You are so right! Teens are teens, not adults - though I'm not a parent, I imagine all parents do their best to prepare them - teach them abstinance, but make sure there is a fall back if they fail.

"You are so right! Teens are teens, not adults - though I'm not a parent, I imagine all parents do their best to prepare them - teach them abstinance, but make sure there is a fall back if they fail."

The whole teaching teenagers abstinance though is unworkable, it's like with other things, if people are told not to do something, then they're going to do it and when hormones are raging and you have the curiosity situation and you are told not to go there by your parents, well you are going to go there.

So I think just giving teenagers contraception is the most logical option because the only other option is more unwanted teenage pregnancies and with that more abortion being used as a means of contraception.

Forum List

Back