"a shot heard round the world": Crazy Bernie praises Bezos for raising Amazon workers minimum wage

I told my wife last night - “If anything you buy on Amazon, or any service you get from them, goes up even $0.01; you get it somewhere else... even if it’s more expensive.”

I will not support a company that artificially inflates pay beyond what the employees deserve. An employee who was making $7.25 yesterday doesn’t deserve $15.00 today simply for political grandstanding.

Who defines what the employee deserves?

This pesky little thing called the market.

And if Amazon chooses to raise its wages, that is a function of the market, yes?

Paying people career wages for service/beginner jobs makes no sense.
You don’t build character by giving these people a free ride.... This entitlement generation will be the ruination of the world

Very soon, we'll see a new generation of Amazon workers.

i+robot.jpg

Prices for anything bought on Amazon will be going up. If you think Amazon will eat that cost, think again.

I told my wife last night - “If anything you buy on Amazon, or any service you get from them, goes up even $0.01; you get it somewhere else... even if it’s more expensive.”

I will not support a company that artificially inflates pay beyond what the employees deserve. An employee who was making $7.25 yesterday doesn’t deserve $15.00 today simply for political grandstanding.
Yep, Someone somewhere will have to pay for that ridiculousness.
There are many jobs such as service jobs that do not deserve anything more than seven dollars an hour. Because they are not careers, they will never be careers they are just beginners jobs/service jobs....

Many people get paid well beyond what they deserve. Albert Pujols did not deserve 27 million dollars this year, yet his employer paid it to him and nobody ever whines about it. But a company decides to pay its employees more and it is the end of the fucking world as we know it.

You people are just amazing some days

It's not the company paying more, it's that living wage people will use this as an example to bully businesses that CAN'T afford to do this to do it, either via laws or pressure.

And baseball player salaries, as they are tied to the massive revenue stream known as professional baseball, are not a good comparison.

That and while you can find millions of people who meet the job performance and qualifications of an Amazon worker, you can't find more than a handful of people who can play (or played) like Pujols.

Are Amazon employees salaries not tied to the massive revenue stream known as Amazon?

I just do not get bashing a company for choosing to raise it wages.

People are just amazing, I fully get being against government enforced minimum wage laws, but to attack a company for choosing to pay their employees more during a time when there is a labor shortage?

There are many jobs such as service jobs that do not deserve anything more than seven dollars an hour. Because they are not careers, they will never be careers they are just beginners jobs/service jobs....

Many people get paid well beyond what they deserve. Albert Pujols did not deserve 27 million dollars this year, yet his employer paid it to him and nobody ever whines about it. But a company decides to pay its employees more and it is the end of the fucking world as we know it.

How many people can do what Albert Pujols does?
How many people can stock shelves? Hell, I know you could probably train monkeys to stock shelves....

How many people can hit .245 with 19 home runs? A shit ton actually! :21::21:
His job is not a beginners job, you’re deflecting

Prices for anything bought on Amazon will be going up. If you think Amazon will eat that cost, think again.
Bingo, Why people are far more than they are worth? It makes no sense. Someone in the end will have to pay… Giving people something for nothing will never build any character nor will it build a good company.

You don’t build character by giving these people a free ride.... This entitlement generation will be the ruination of the world

White people working an assembly line their whole life is a career job. Black people working in a warehouse is a beginner job that fails to built character.

White people working an assembly line their whole life is a career job. Black people working in a warehouse is a beginner job that fails to built character.
Jobs are meant to be at different levels depending on their importance and difficulty…
The fact is some jobs are never worth more than seven dollars an hour because of their lack of importance and lack of difficulty…

Why are liberals so ignorant about business?

Also, have they asked why Kaepernick took millions from Nike who still uses low wage workers to produce products that they charge the rich left wing huge amounts.

Why do we have to endure the utter stupidity of the left?

Albert Pujols did not deserve 27 million dollars this year, yet his employer paid it to him and nobody ever whines about it. But a company decides to pay its employees more and it is the end of the fucking world as we know it.

He gets 27 million because his value to the owners of the team is several times that.

If it were otherwise, he would be paid less.

That's how things work.

It's not the company paying more, it's that living wage people will use this as an example to bully businesses that CAN'T afford to do this to do it, either via laws or pressure.

And baseball player salaries, as they are tied to the massive revenue stream known as professional baseball, are not a good comparison.

That and while you can find millions of people who meet the job performance and qualifications of an Amazon worker, you can't find more than a handful of people who can play (or played) like Pujols.

Are Amazon employees salaries not tied to the massive revenue stream known as Amazon?

People are just amazing, I fully get being against government enforced minimum wage laws, but to attack a company for choosing to pay their employees more during a time when there is a labor shortage?

I don't bash them, I will however bash those who think because Amazon does it willingly, then the government should make everyone do it.

It's because it will do nothing but embolden the "living wage law" people.

It's what our politics have become.

And Amazon has far more moving parts, people and other things than a baseball team.

Remember a company like Amazon is really just a pass-through retailer. they add their value via ease of use of the website, large stock, and their quick delivery. The products themselves have their own value, not created by Amazon, that add to Amazon's sales.

With regards to a baseball team, their only real cost is labor, and their product is the fruit of that labor, all the other costs and revenues are supplemental to that.

I repeat: Who determines that?

The employer determines the level of profit required to keep the business open.

Yet you are complaining about Amazon, the employer, making that determination.
True, it’s up to Amazon to pay what they want, no one is saying that it’s not their prerogative.
The problem is raising wages due to political correctness solves nothing, in fact it makes for a weak country and encourages an entitlement attitude....

As is my unwillingness to pay more for the same product or service simply because Amazon wants some positive press conersge.

You just said you'll buy it somewhere else even if you have to pay more. So you are willing to pay more for the same product or service, you just want to make sure the extra goes to high paid execs looking for a third home instead of going to blue collar hourly employees who are trying to make ends meet.

Yet you are complaining about Amazon, the employer, making that determination.

True. The other side of the equation is - What will a consumer pay for the product or service? If the company charges too much, to overpay employees or acquire excessive profits, their customer base may dry up.

I don't bash them, I will however bash those who think because Amazon does it willingly, then the government should make everyone do it.

It's because it will do nothing but embolden the "living wage law" people.

It's what our politics have become.

And Amazon has far more moving parts, people and other things than a baseball team.

Remember a company like Amazon is really just a pass-through retailer. they add their value via ease of use of the website, large stock, and their quick delivery. The products themselves have their own value, not created by Amazon, that add to Amazon's sales.

With regards to a baseball team, their only real cost is labor, and their product is the fruit of that labor, all the other costs and revenues are supplemental to that.
Don’t mind gator he doesn’t understand professional sports....

Forum List

Back