"a shot heard round the world": Crazy Bernie praises Bezos for raising Amazon workers minimum wage

As is my unwillingness to pay more for the same product or service simply because Amazon wants some positive press conersge.

You just said you'll buy it somewhere else even if you have to pay more. So you are willing to pay more for the same product or service, you just want to make sure the extra goes to high paid execs looking for a third home instead of going to blue collar hourly employees who are trying to make ends meet.
Actually, currently Amazon is cheaper on some things and more expensive on other things…

Paying people career wages for service/beginner jobs makes no sense.
You don’t build character by giving these people a free ride.... This entitlement generation will be the ruination of the world

White people working an assembly line their whole life is a career job. Black people working in a warehouse is a beginner job that fails to built character.
Jobs are meant to be at different levels depending on their importance and difficulty…
The fact is some jobs are never worth more than seven dollars an hour because of their lack of importance and lack of difficulty…

Right. When a white person does the job on an assembly like, it's worth the kind of blue collar middle class suburban income that made America great. When a black person works in a warehouse, it's only worth the dilapidated urban ghetto income that will make America great again.

You just said you'll buy it somewhere else even if you have to pay more. So you are willing to pay more for the same product or service, you just want to make sure the extra goes to high paid execs looking for a third home instead of going to blue collar hourly employees who are trying to make ends meet.

Yes I will. That is a political decision, not a business one. Just as I won’t buy Ben & Jerrys ice cream or Hallmark card at any price point for political reasons.

Albert Pujols did not deserve 27 million dollars this year, yet his employer paid it to him and nobody ever whines about it. But a company decides to pay its employees more and it is the end of the fucking world as we know it.

He gets 27 million because his value to the owners of the team is several times that.

If it were otherwise, he would be paid less.

That's how things work.

Are Amazon workers any different? Are they also not paid based on the value to the company?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yet you are complaining about Amazon, the employer, making that determination.

True. The other side of the equation is - What will a consumer pay for the product or service? If the company charges too much, to overpay employees or acquire excessive profits, their customer base may dry up.

And yet, you are happy to pay more to someone else, so that the extra pricing leads to excessive profits instead of paying employees more.

Paying people career wages for service/beginner jobs makes no sense.
You don’t build character by giving these people a free ride.... This entitlement generation will be the ruination of the world

White people working an assembly line their whole life is a career job. Black people working in a warehouse is a beginner job that fails to built character.
Jobs are meant to be at different levels depending on their importance and difficulty…
The fact is some jobs are never worth more than seven dollars an hour because of their lack of importance and lack of difficulty…

Right. When a white person does the job on an assembly like, it's worth the kind of blue collar middle class suburban income that made America great. When a black person works in a warehouse, it's only worth the dilapidated urban ghetto income that will make America great again.
Most times people get what they are worth… Obviously there’s exceptions both ways. But generally that is the fact…

A large part of that difference is called Unionization.

Yes I will. That is a political decision, not a business one. Just as I won’t buy Ben & Jerrys ice cream or Hallmark card at any price point for political reasons.

So, you can make business decisions for political reasons, but Amazon cannot.

Okay, I think we're clear now.

corporate leaders around the world will follow Jeff's lead!
The guy's worth $200 billion or something like that and he throws some scraps to his workers. Hmmm....
Those jobs are nothing jobs... They certainly are not careers. They should never be meant to be careers....
No such thing as a nothing job. All jobs have value.
True, But beginner/service jobs are not careers… And should never be paid as careers. Because someone ends up paying for that shit

Are Amazon workers any different? Are they also not paid based on the value to the company?

The value of someone to take items off a self and put them in a box is probably much lower than minimum wage...

monkey-stacking-boxes-cmo4hire-stephdokin.jpg

And yet, you are happy to pay more to someone else, so that the extra pricing leads to excessive profits instead of paying employees more.

Yes I am, because these Amazon workers are not doing anything more for their doubles salary. That’s a political statement by Amazon and one I cannot agree with. Therefore I will make my political response by avoiding doing business with Amazon.

This is a political decision not a business decision, on both our parts.

Albert Pujols did not deserve 27 million dollars this year, yet his employer paid it to him and nobody ever whines about it. But a company decides to pay its employees more and it is the end of the fucking world as we know it.

He gets 27 million because his value to the owners of the team is several times that.

If it were otherwise, he would be paid less.

That's how things work.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
No, they do not have skin in the game. Just showing up does not mean you have skin in the game. They should be paid what the job is worth, most of those jobs are service/beginner jobs certainly not careers.

I told my wife last night - “If anything you buy on Amazon, or any service you get from them, goes up even $0.01; you get it somewhere else... even if it’s more expensive.”

I will not support a company that artificially inflates pay beyond what the employees deserve. An employee who was making $7.25 yesterday doesn’t deserve $15.00 today simply for political grandstanding.
Yep, Someone somewhere will have to pay for that ridiculousness.
There are many jobs such as service jobs that do not deserve anything more than seven dollars an hour. Because they are not careers, they will never be careers they are just beginners jobs/service jobs....

Many people get paid well beyond what they deserve. Albert Pujols did not deserve 27 million dollars this year, yet his employer paid it to him and nobody ever whines about it. But a company decides to pay its employees more and it is the end of the fucking world as we know it.

You people are just amazing some days
How many people can do what Albert Pujols does?
How many people can stock shelves? Hell, I know you could probably train monkeys to stock shelves....

How many people can hit .245 with 19 home runs? A shit ton actually! :21::21:
His job is not a beginners job, you’re deflecting

The point is that lots of people are paid more than they are worth.

There are many jobs such as service jobs that do not deserve anything more than seven dollars an hour. Because they are not careers, they will never be careers they are just beginners jobs/service jobs....

Many people get paid well beyond what they deserve. Albert Pujols did not deserve 27 million dollars this year, yet his employer paid it to him and nobody ever whines about it. But a company decides to pay its employees more and it is the end of the fucking world as we know it.

How many people can stock shelves? Hell, I know you could probably train monkeys to stock shelves....

And yet, I don't begrudge you your $2.50 and hour. I'm sure you're worth every penny.

The point is, you pay someone career type wage for a service/beginner job.
Someone else pays for that shit unnecessarily...
You pay someone too much for a service job it encourages an sense of entitlement. Someone else pays for that shit unnecessarily...
Paying somebody something for nothing will never build any character... most adults realize that

Why are liberals so ignorant about business?

Also, have they asked why Kaepernick took millions from Nike who still uses low wage workers to produce products that they charge the rich left wing huge amounts.

Why do we have to endure the utter stupidity of the left?

Why is the right so ignorant about business, yet think they know so much?

Amazon is having trouble attracting and keeping employees. They opened a distribution center not 10 miles from my home a few years back, I even applied for and was interviewed for a management position with them, but choose not to pursue it beyond that.

This facility cannot keep enough employees right now because of the tight labor market, and for what they were paying people the work they did was not worth it and people would leave and go make 8 bucks an hour working far easier jobs.

What is the most ironic about this whole thing is that for 2 years you sheep have been telling us that Trump's actions will increases wages, and then when wages go up you all act like it is the end of the world.

What is wrong with you people?

Yes I am, because these Amazon workers are not doing anything more for their doubles salary. That’s a political statement by Amazon and one I cannot agree with. Therefore I will make my political response by avoiding doing business with Amazon.

This is a political decision not a business decision, on both our parts.

:lol:

You don't even know what you are talking about? Double salary? :lol: Amazon already pays close to $15 an hour for most jobs. You have no idea what is going on but you're so quick to react.

Why are liberals so ignorant about business?

Also, have they asked why Kaepernick took millions from Nike who still uses low wage workers to produce products that they charge the rich left wing huge amounts.

Why do we have to endure the utter stupidity of the left?

Why is the right so ignorant about business, yet think they know so much?

Amazon is having trouble attracting and keeping employees. They opened a distribution center not 10 miles from my home a few years back, I even applied for and was interviewed for a management position with them, but choose not to pursue it beyond that.

This facility cannot keep enough employees right now because of the tight labor market, and for what they were paying people the work they did was not worth it and people would leave and go make 8 bucks an hour working far easier jobs.

What is the most ironic about this whole thing is that for 2 years you sheep have been telling us that Trump's actions will increases wages, and then when wages go up you all act like it is the end of the world.

What is wrong with you people?
Bv9jR8vCEAAnrN2.jpg

Forum List

Back