A Speech my Cousin will read in Highschool Tomorrow about Guns

Keep in mind, that in order to to bar mentally ill people from buying a gun, there must be a NATIONAL REGISTRY of mentally ill people. Such a registry could be used to force mentally ill people to be sterilized. Later it could be used to force mentally ill people to be "euthanized." Also, since the government can decide who is mentally ill, and who is not, without evidence, it is most likely they would use this against anyone who could or has resisted them.

Slippery slope fallacy.
The slippery slope arguement is one of the most common arguments from gun control opponents.
"Gun control will lead to a ban on the sale of all guns and that will lead to a government confiscation of all guns." The facts certainly do not bear out this slippery slope argument. As gun controls have increase over the last 50 years the number of guns in the US have increased dramatically.

First women got the right to vote...soon they'll want control over their bodies...equal pay...who knows what next?

My seventeen year old cousin asked me for advice. His AP history class is going to have a series of debates and speeches in class concerning the right to bear arms. I helped him write the following speech:

Your 17 year old cousin will put people to sleep with that crap.

Keep in mind, that in order to to bar mentally ill people from buying a gun, there must be a NATIONAL REGISTRY of mentally ill people. Such a registry could be used to force mentally ill people to be sterilized. Later it could be used to force mentally ill people to be "euthanized." Also, since the government can decide who is mentally ill, and who is not, without evidence, it is most likely they would use this against anyone who could or has resisted them.

Bit of a stretch, don't you think?
I guess your cousin thinks its okay for a severely depressed person to go and buy a gun. Perhaps he should go and live next door to a mentally ill person, and hand them a gun as a present. Then he can tell us how safe he feels.

My seventeen year old cousin asked me for advice. His AP history class is going to have a series of debates and speeches in class concerning the right to bear arms. I helped him write the following speech:

Your 17 year old cousin will put people to sleep with that crap.

Bit of a stretch, don't you think?
I guess your cousin thinks its okay for a severely depressed person to go and buy a gun. Perhaps he should go and live next door to a mentally ill person, and hand them a gun as a present. Then he can tell us how safe he feels.

Or you could allow State/local governments to keep those registries instead of the Federal Government, where the Federal government is banned from accessing those registries under any circumstance.

Also the State and Local governments are likely to actually enforce the laws effectively.

Would you be opposed to every State having a registry of the mentally ill, instead of the Federal Government? If its under State or Local control, I'm not worried about it. It would be difficult to imagine any ONE particular State laying a siege of tyranny against its people, while the other 49 States did nothing, or the Federal Government choosing to decline its obligation to Guarantee a Republican Form of Government (Article 4, Section 4).

Also the since it would be under State and Local control, the citizens could have different laws that are more suited for their purposes than others. Why is it that you Authoritarians want to impose a ONE SIZE FITS ALL solution upon us?

Last edited:
It stills gives me a laugh to imagine the teacher challenging his claim that the Battle of Athens, 1946, was a real event in American history.

A bunch of drunks attacking a jail isn't an "event", it's an abberation.

I'm surprised your kid's teacher didn't slap him down for all the other misinformation you put into that paper.

He is just making up shit about what the teacher said

It stills gives me a laugh to imagine the teacher challenging his claim that the Battle of Athens, 1946, was a real event in American history.

I'm surprised your kid's teacher didn't slap him down for all the other misinformation you put into that paper.

2A is making everything up. His nephew just happens to need a paper that repeats every talking point that he's made here, no matter how crazy?

2A is making everything up. His nephew just happens to need a paper that repeats every talking point that he's made here, no matter how crazy?

And the teacher says........You sure are smart, I never realized that guns are so important....Here's an A+

You can post all you want, everyone here knows your Authoritarian Allegiance and the fact that you endorse the Nazi Gun Control Laws, saying that its OK that Hitler deregulated guns (in general) even though he prohibited them to undesirables (like Jews), implying that you believe Gun Control is good.

You can post all you want, everyone here knows your Authoritarian Allegiance and the fact that you endorse the Nazi Gun Control Laws, saying that its OK that Hitler deregulated guns (in general) even though he prohibited them to undesirables (like Jews), implying that you believe Gun Control is good.

You're a Loony. :cuckoo:

Are you saying that Hitler armed Jews and other undesirables?

Hitler led the Jews to the Promised Land. No Hitler= no Israel.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM, you are a stupid shit!

Let's see here....are the ONLY two options that guns were taken away or guns were specifically handed out? :lol:

I don't put "Gun Control" as a factor in Nazism any more than I put the fact that Hitler was a Vegetarian.

"Wow! Hitler was a Vegetarian. Vegetables must be evil!!!"

Fact is, Nazis didn't make much of an effort to control guns, they actually loosened a lot of the laws the Weimar folks put into place.

But there was no good reason for your average German to own a gun and less good reason for your average American to own one.

I supsect he's compensating for a small penis like most gun nuts.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM, you are a stupid shit!

Daaaah... the "Battle of Athens" is a joke. Most people don't mention it today because they are kind of embarrassed by the whole thing.

Forum List

Back