A Speech my Cousin will read in Highschool Tomorrow about Guns

Rightwinger, you wont' expect this to come from me, but it will give me an idea if you are sincere:

I believe that National Health is a must. It it one of the few industries that should be nationalized, but done in a way to prevent the slippery slope towards communism. The middleman (insurance companies/malpractice insurance/crazy court fees/crazy defensive tests and procedues) jack the cost of healthcare through the roof. However, Healthcare must be nationalized in a way that is still HIGHLY profitable to the DOCTORS/NURSES/TECHNICIANS, ie. the actual caregivers, in order to promote an incentive to be a doctor/nurse/etc.

The middleman needs to go. Health Care is a right that should be protected under the Ninth Amendment in a modern society.

However, this CANNOT be construed to deny wealthy people the access for more/better healthcare if they can afford it themselves out of their own pockets. Also, well independently 100% transparent audited "Death Panels" will actually be necessary (for extreme cost prohibitive cases that will only extend life by a few months anyway) in order for the system to remain SOLVENT for everyone else. If was funny to see Republicans get hemorrhoids over it. Also, Democrats didn't even propose death panels, it was simply End of Life advice; I actually am proposing death panels and I'm no rich man myself.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/283372-the-national-debt-mortgaging-our-future.html

I agree

My wife has been seriously sick several times and needed surgery. Nothing like a heart procedure or transplant but something that required a week in the hospital and a day or two in intensive care.
The bills easily topped $100K and I had to pay about $8K out of pocket. Lucky for us, I had good insurance. But I had a stack of bills three quarters of an inch thick, most of which I did not know what the hell they were for. I then ended up fighting with the insurance company over what is covered and what isn't

Insurance companies add no value to our national healthcare and are just a middle man who has placed themselves in charge of our health care

Rightwinger, you wont' expect this to come from me, but it will give me an idea if you are sincere:

I believe that National Health is a must. It it one of the few industries that should be nationalized, but done in a way to prevent the slippery slope towards communism. The middleman (insurance companies/malpractice insurance/crazy court fees/crazy defensive tests and procedues) jack the cost of healthcare through the roof. However, Healthcare must be nationalized in a way that is still HIGHLY profitable to the DOCTORS/NURSES/TECHNICIANS, ie. the actual caregivers, in order to promote an incentive to be a doctor/nurse/etc.

The middleman needs to go. Health Care is a right that should be protected under the Ninth Amendment in a modern society.

However, this CANNOT be construed to deny wealthy people the access for more/better healthcare if they can afford it themselves out of their own pockets. Also, well independently 100% transparent audited "Death Panels" will actually be necessary (for extreme cost prohibitive cases that will only extend life by a few months anyway) in order for the system to remain SOLVENT for everyone else. If was funny to see Republicans get hemorrhoids over it. Also, Democrats didn't even propose death panels, it was simply End of Life advice; I actually am proposing death panels and I'm no rich man myself.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/283372-the-national-debt-mortgaging-our-future.html

I agree

My wife has been seriously sick several times and needed surgery. Nothing like a heart procedure or transplant but something that required a week in the hospital and a day or two in intensive care.
The bills easily topped $100K and I had to pay about $8K out of pocket. Lucky for us, I had good insurance. But I had a stack of bills three quarters of an inch thick, most of which I did not know what the hell they were for. I then ended up fighting with the insurance company over what is covered and what isn't

Insurance companies add no value to our national healthcare and are just a middle man who has placed themselves in charge of our health care

Amen.

My late H went through 3.5 years of cancer treatments and two surgeries. Total billed to Empire Blue: $1,300,000.00

If we had universal health care with emphasis on preventative care, he would be alive today and the cost for his care would have been around $30,000.00

As Clinton said at the DNC, "Do the math." If anybody out there with or without health insurance coverage thinks they aren't paying for the stupidity of our health care system, they are too stupid to be alive.

Forum List

Back