A Visit to a Care Home--and Thoughts About Illegals

That's right. I'm not for people stealing others' resources. That's what illegals are doing. Stealing. Illegally. That's for starters.

Again, we wouldn't have illegals if they wasn't work white people didn't want to do here. Like cleaning out Granny's bed pan after they dump her into a nursing home.

For enders, you don't know the particulars of the situations in which people are in nursing homes. Usually they require constant care and close monitoring of medications, which no one can provide unless they quit their jobs to care for them nearly around the clock. Or, they require wheelchairs to get around, etc. At that point, families have to make hard decisions.

So dumping a beloved family member into an institution... that's the ticket. wouldn't want to impinge on our busy lives by taking care of the people who raised us. Yup. But make sure they sue the nursing home for neglect they didn't notice because they never visit.

I do some voluntary work for the social services, which involves visitations to a care home. Old age and infirmity used to be a one dimensional concept for me, but now I feel confronted by harsh reality. Some of it is heartbreaking to watch. Like G-D's waiting room.

As you said, elderly citizens; those people were young and full of vitality once.

The guy I visit had an exciting career once, working around the world, lived in exciting places. Now he has no one, uses one of those walkers to get around.

I think the thing is, we never contemplated a society where lots of people would live into their 70's and 80's. No longer capable of caring for themselves or producing an income, but too much of a burden for their families after a certain point.

Of course, the very "Christian" OP was that mean old illegals were taking resources meant for relatives that other good Christians dumped in nursing homes.

Has it ever occurred to you that some of these people require 24/7 medical care? Or are in some stage of dementia and it is impossible to watch them or fight them 24/7? The US has a lengthy history of nursing homes.

Ya, it has nothing to do with taxes. It has to do with lowering wages.

I agree but what do you mean by your last two sentences?

Exactly what I said.

You're a very simple thinker, Joe. A shame for a person your age, but there it is.

Some problems are pretty simple. You've let the Rich steal your middle class lifestyle because they gave you someone to irrationally hate.

Just keep hating Gays and Mexicans, just like Jesus did.

Last night we visited an elderly family member at a care home. I was pleased to see that the care staff seems competent and friendly. My family member reports she is being well cared for, the food is good, and she gets good rest.

This is no less than she deserves, having paid into "the system" for years and years. (We can debate another day whether we need 'a system' at all). As she was reporting that Medicaid would give her a ride to her doctor appointments, I thought of the money all her care was costing. Again, she deserves this care. We owe it to our elderly citizens who have paid in and raised our young ones.

And then I thought of the thousands of people stealing over the border every year, taking money out of the system without ever having put a darn thing in. And they people who support this. Who say it's immoral NOT to support this.

It seems to me, if you support this, you are supporting taking money away from American citizens who really need it. Resources are finite. Money runs out. If you raise taxes, the economy slows and the funds dry up.

Given the scenario above, it seems incomprehensible to me that Americans do not want to seal the border. Can anyone make the case?

I do some voluntary work for the social services, which involves visitations to a care home. Old age and infirmity used to be a one dimensional concept for me, but now I feel confronted by harsh reality. Some of it is heartbreaking to watch. Like G-D's waiting room.

As you said, elderly citizens; those people were young and full of vitality once.

The guy I visit had an exciting career once, working around the world, lived in exciting places. Now he has no one, uses one of those walkers to get around.

Elderly care has gotten better, but I agree it's heartbreaking in so many cases. I couldn't do it--I couldn't tend to elderly people, God bless those who do, who have a heart for it. The heartbreak would show in my eyes, and they don't need that.

Aging is a part of life for many.

No, it's a part of life for ALL. The only exception is....the dead. If you're dead, you're not aging.

That is why I said for many. It sounds like you have not been around older people who need help in their ADL's, its too bad and they all have led exciting life's.

You're a very simple thinker, Joe. A shame for a person your age, but there it is.

Some problems are pretty simple. You've let the Rich steal your middle class lifestyle because they gave you someone to irrationally hate.

Sure, Joe. Cause there was a "Mexico" for Jesus to hate, way back in like 30 AD, right?

See what I mean, Joe? You like simple soundbites so you can just regurgitate them. Like thinking I hate Mexicans because....Jesus did. Sure, he did. Joe. He sure did hate them Mexicans. oh yeah

I think the thing is, we never contemplated a society where lots of people would live into their 70's and 80's. No longer capable of caring for themselves or producing an income, but too much of a burden for their families after a certain point.

Of course, the very "Christian" OP was that mean old illegals were taking resources meant for relatives that other good Christians dumped in nursing homes.

That's right. I'm not for people stealing others' resources. That's what illegals are doing. Stealing. Illegally. That's for starters.

For enders, you don't know the particulars of the situations in which people are in nursing homes. Usually they require constant care and close monitoring of medications, which no one can provide unless they quit their jobs to care for them nearly around the clock. Or, they require wheelchairs to get around, etc. At that point, families have to make hard decisions.

Judgmental much?

There's a woman in there, I'm sort of fascinated by her. She's ensconced in some kind of wheelchair, hooked up to a drip. Cannot feed herself. Just sitting there.

She has a very sweet face, but registers nothing, not even if you try to talk to her. So I suppose if she has family, she doesn't even know who they are. How heartbreaking is that?

I spoke to the staff, who seem very caring and attentive. They like that job, and get quite attached to the old residents.

why won't mexico pay for it like trump promised over & over & over again?

Last night we visited an elderly family member at a care home. I was pleased to see that the care staff seems competent and friendly. My family member reports she is being well cared for, the food is good, and she gets good rest.

This is no less than she deserves, having paid into "the system" for years and years. (We can debate another day whether we need 'a system' at all). As she was reporting that Medicaid would give her a ride to her doctor appointments, I thought of the money all her care was costing. Again, she deserves this care. We owe it to our elderly citizens who have paid in and raised our young ones.

And then I thought of the thousands of people stealing over the border every year, taking money out of the system without ever having put a darn thing in. And they people who support this. Who say it's immoral NOT to support this.

It seems to me, if you support this, you are supporting taking money away from American citizens who really need it. Resources are finite. Money runs out. If you raise taxes, the economy slows and the funds dry up.

Given the scenario above, it seems incomprehensible to me that Americans do not want to seal the border. Can anyone make the case?
We do want to seal the borders. Do you know what we need to do? Put illegal employers in jail. Go after them.

Building a wall is no solution. After a few years the huge expensive wall will go ignored and start falling apart.

We are not building a wall just so trump can fulfill a campaign promise. Actually the promise was that Mexico would pay.

Sure, Joe. Cause there was a "Mexico" for Jesus to hate, way back in like 30 AD, right?

See what I mean, Joe? You like simple soundbites so you can just regurgitate them. Like thinking I hate Mexicans because....Jesus did. Sure, he did. Joe. He sure did hate them Mexicans. oh yeah

30 AD. lol.

Elderly care has gotten better, but I agree it's heartbreaking in so many cases. I couldn't do it--I couldn't tend to elderly people, God bless those who do, who have a heart for it. The heartbreak would show in my eyes, and they don't need that.

No, it's a part of life for ALL. The only exception is....the dead. If you're dead, you're not aging.

That is why I said for many.

..................because you were excluding........the dead???

:whatsign:

The point went right over your head, didn't it?

upload_2019-1-6_6-53-31.png

The fact is that you call yourself a "Christian", but spend soooooo much time hating people who just want to make a better life for themselves and are willing to do disgusting jobs most of us wouldn't want to do...

This is the joke. I'm sorry it went over your head.

We do want to seal the borders. Do you know what we need to do? Put illegal employers in jail. Go after them.

Building a wall is no solution. After a few years the huge expensive wall will go ignored and start falling apart.

We are not building a wall just so trump can fulfill a campaign promise. Actually the promise was that Mexico would pay.

I agree we should go after employers who hire illegals. AND build the wall.

View attachment 238677

The fact is that you call yourself a "Christian", but spend soooooo much time hating people who just want to make a better life for themselves and are willing to do disgusting jobs most of us wouldn't want to do...

Prove that I hate them, Joe. Go ahead, Prove it, big talker.

That is why I said for many.

..................because you were excluding........the dead???

:whatsign:

No, not everyone enters a nursing home, some die young and some are alert and active till they die in their old age and are never in a nursing home.

If employers would not hire illegals we would not need a wall.

View attachment 238677

Except they do those jobs. The whole pretense that there is a shortage makes you a liar.

Judgmental much?

There's a woman in there, I'm sort of fascinated by her. She's ensconced in some kind of wheelchair, hooked up to a drip. Cannot feed herself. Just sitting there.

She has a very sweet face, but registers nothing, not even if you try to talk to her. So I suppose if she has family, she doesn't even know who they are. How heartbreaking is that?

I spoke to the staff, who seem very caring and attentive. They like that job, and get quite attached to the old residents.

Very heartbreaking. My family member's temporary roommate--they are remodeling and then they will all have their own rooms--she is 104 years old. But whether she is sitting or lying down, she does not communicate, and only sleeps, it seems. Still, her space is filled with pictures, plants and other homey knickknacks, evidence that she is loved and remembered.

I don't understand so much about life. Sigh

Prove that I hate them, Joe. Go ahead, Prove it, big talker.

Um, this whole thread.

The Prosecution rests, your honor.

So your only proof is that I don't think they should come into our country ILLEGALLY and steal our resources. You think that any American that thinks illegals that should not come into our country ILLEGALLY and steal our resources "hates brown people".

Hey, Americans who are still intimidated by this nonsense, raise your hand. Joe, I'm not. You can call me every name under the sun: racist, hater, bigot, un-Christian. See my eyes glaze over???

Everyone else, tell Joe how little his puny name-calling matters to you. Go.

I’m certainly not opposed to securing the border so illegals terrorists and drugs can’t get through.

A wall is just a dumb waste of money. Trump must have bet someone he could get the wall built.

Trump should have been honest that your taxes would go up to build this wall instead of saying Mexico would pay.

Trump never learned you’re supposed to under promise and over deliver not over promises and under deliver.

Forum List

Back