A Woman Caught in Adultery

They say unto him, Master, this woman has been taken in adultery, in the very act.

And Jesus said unto her, "Neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more.

... go and sin no more.

were the "facts" of the case ever discussed ? - rather flippant of JC to make unwarranted accusations.

Still kind of funny if you read it from the top expecting a serious post.

I enjoy a joke as well as the next person, Joe. But when it is concerning the Lord and the scriptures I am compelled to defend the truth. To be clear on Catholicism.. I was born into a Roman Catholic Family. Not like Faustina's or St. Theresa of Liseaux's though. The only one I saw that truly took her faith seriously was my grandmother. She was always on her knees praying and I believe she is in heaven. The rest had the idea - we are Catholics. We go to heaven no matter how we live or what we do. Which is not true. The bible says, Without holiness no one will see the Lord.

Look at Faustina's life. The Apostle of Mercy for the RCC. A life of prayer and suffering. Look at St. Theresa of Avila's life - inner locutions - a life of prayer. Look at St. Thomas Aquinas - his devotional book which is sitting on my desk is richer than any other devotional I have ever read in my life. Why? He was a man who lived a life of prayer and poured out in writings as he was led.. Who else? Rees Howells the intercessor - great prayer warrior that was behind the fall of Hitler, praying Hyde who wore grooves in the wooden floors with his knees - soared to the high places in prayer - but the highest was Jeanne Guyon ( another catholic who was married and had children ) She broke the ceiling on what was possible... So yes, the Catholic saints who had the interior life were great examples of how to enter through the strait gate. They took nothing for granted. They didn't live the "exterior life" as many have chosen. They were definitely not part of the once saved always saved group that believes they cannot lose their salvation through carelessness. I'll end there but truly what the Lord has shown me is there will be Catholics in heaven, Methodists, Lutherans, Prespretarians, Episcopals, every denomination you could probably name - Jesus is appearing to Muslims in their dreams - all kinds of people are coming into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and being a member of a church is most definitely NOT a requirement! Thanks be to God! It is about relationship, not religion. Look on the heart. I've known people who never went to church and had a pure heart.

Last edited:
They say unto him, Master, this woman has been taken in adultery, in the very act.

And Jesus said unto her, "Neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more.

... go and sin no more.

were the "facts" of the case ever discussed ? - rather flippant of JC to make unwarranted accusations.

Jesus saw into the spirit realm. He was moving in the power of the Holy Spirit. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back