A woman faces a murder charge in Texas over an alleged self-induced abortion

Blah blah blah Scott Peterson was convicted of double homicide for killing his wife and unborn child. An abortionists kills an unborn child and gets away with it.

The key point was that he was out to kill his wife. The fetus was just collateral damage.

Personally, I think fetal homicide laws are bullshit because fetuses aren't recognized as people in any other aspect of law, but since it usually involved violence against a pregnant woman, most of us go along with this bit of cognizant dissonance.

A person isn't recorded as a person for census or tax purposes until they are actually born. We don't count fetuses on the Census.

The key point was that he was out to kill his wife. The fetus was just collateral damage.

Personally, I think fetal homicide laws are bullshit because fetuses aren't recognized as people in any other aspect of law, but since it usually involved violence against a pregnant woman, most of us go along with this bit of cognizant dissonance.

A person isn't recorded as a person for census or tax purposes until they are actually born. We don't count fetuses on the Census.
But yet he was still charged by the STATE and convicted in a court of law sanctioned by the state for killing an unborn baby.

Why not be responsible enough to ensure one doesn't get pregnant if one doesn't want kids? Plenty of women are not having kids instead focusing on careers. Nothing at all wrong with that.

But yet he was still charged by the STATE and convicted in a court of law sanctioned by the state for killing an unborn baby.

People were charged with witchcraft on spectral evidence, and executed.

That didn't make them witches.

Also, the sentence was thrown out and they had to resentence him, with the possibility of a new trial. .

Last year, the Supreme Court overturned Peterson’s death sentence on Aug. 24 because the jurors involved in Peterson’s trial were improperly screened for bias of the death penalty.

Laci’s grieving family addressed the court before Peterson’s sentencing.

“I’ve seen no sorrow or remorse from you at all,” said Laci’s mother, Sharon Rocha. “I know you’re going to say you have no remorse because you’re innocent, but you haven’t shown any grief or sorrow for either of them. I still feel the grief every day after 19 years.”

People were charged with witchcraft on spectral evidence, and executed.

That didn't make them witches.

Also, the sentence was thrown out and they had to resentence him, with the possibility of a new trial. .

Last year, the Supreme Court overturned Peterson’s death sentence on Aug. 24 because the jurors involved in Peterson’s trial were improperly screened for bias of the death penalty.

Laci’s grieving family addressed the court before Peterson’s sentencing.

“I’ve seen no sorrow or remorse from you at all,” said Laci’s mother, Sharon Rocha. “I know you’re going to say you have no remorse because you’re innocent, but you haven’t shown any grief or sorrow for either of them. I still feel the grief every day after 19 years.”
oh that whataboutism doesn't change the fact that Scott Peterson was still charged by the STATE and convicted in a court of law sanctioned by the STATE for killing an unborn baby.

oh that whataboutism doesn't change the fact that Scott Peterson was still charged by the STATE and convicted in a court of law sanctioned by the STATE for killing an unborn baby.

Which shows why you shouldn't make laws based on emotionalism. This man should NOT be coming up for a second trial, but because emotional issues of calling a glob of tissue "Conner" and charging it as a murder, has caused his sentence to be thrown out and very likely to get another trial.

The real problem with this trial is that there is no actual evidence that he did it. Most of the evidence was that he was kind of a jerk husband- he had affairs, he didn't seem that upset when she disappeared, etc.

To leftists, politics and power are everything, and human life is nothing. History and the attitudes of leftists on this site are irrefutable proof.

Which shows why you shouldn't make laws based on emotionalism. This man should NOT be coming up for a second trial, but because emotional issues of calling a glob of tissue "Conner" and charging it as a murder, has caused his sentence to be thrown out and very likely to get another trial.

The real problem with this trial is that there is no actual evidence that he did it. Most of the evidence was that he was kind of a jerk husband- he had affairs, he didn't seem that upset when she disappeared, etc.
Irrelevant, the state with the conviction of Scott Peterson for the death of an unborn baby says human life begins before birth. His sentence regradless of the change still keeps him in prison for the death of a unborn child

Maybe you should find those who condemned those women

No, you can't correct history, but you can learn from it.

I don't know if Petersen killed his wife. On balance, the evidence is kind of thin, really. I think they found one of her hairs in his boat. The rest is all emotional. What a jerk, he cheated on his wife when she was pregnant! That must mean he's guilty of murder! And let's declare the fetus a person and charge him for that, too. Let's allow people on the jury who had no business being on that jury.

No, you can't correct history, but you can learn from it.

I don't know if Petersen killed his wife. On balance, the evidence is kind of thin, really. I think they found one of her hairs in his boat. The rest is all emotional. What a jerk, he cheated on his wife when she was pregnant! That must mean he's guilty of murder! And let's declare the fetus a person and charge him for that, too. Let's allow people on the jury who had no business being on that jury.
Back to blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Nothing you posted is relevant. To the state sanction of charging and conviction of Scott Peterson for the murder of his unborn child.

You cling to your dubious conviction on an emotional charge like means something. We know you need this while you weep over all the little globbies who end up medical waste containers.
I'm stating facts You're spouting cotton candy wishes

Last edited:
I'm stating facts You're spouting cotton candy wishes

Not at all... you are saying because a jury in an emotionally charged case convicted wrongly, that proves fetal personhood.

That's some cotton candy wishes.

The problem is, these laws actually ARE well-intentioned, but they have been used to attack women who have had miscarriages or abortions. Like Purvi Patel in Indiana, who was imprisoned on a dubious charge she had induced a miscarriage.

Not at all... you are saying because a jury in an emotionally charged case convicted wrongly, that proves fetal personhood.

That's some cotton candy wishes.

The problem is, these laws actually ARE well-intentioned, but they have been used to attack women who have had miscarriages or abortions. Like Purvi Patel in Indiana, who was imprisoned on a dubious charge she had induced a miscarriage.
😆 There you go with those cotton candy wishes, moving the goal post only puts you further from your position.

Forum List

Back