Abolish drunk driving laws.

I have lost five good friends to drunk drivers over the years. FUCK THEM! They aren't punished enough in my opinion. If you are convicted the first time you lose your license for one year, lose your car and a hellacious fine. I want it to really hurt. The second time you go to prison and break rocks because you are clearly to fucking stupid to be allowed out in the world.

The problem is that you can get convicted of DUI without actually being impaired or even drunk at all.

I agree that someone who is sleeping in their car (engine off and cold) should NEVER be charged with DUI. However if you are at .08 you are impaired. I don't care how much of a fish you are. It's just a fact.

Disagree. That's what you are told is true.

30 straight years of drinking, no tickets, no stops, no traffic violations, no accidents. Not even near misses. If you were following me you would never even know I'd been drinking, and I'm not talking a few beers, I'm talking about times just like last Saturday night and a boatload of margaritas.

Sorry, there are people, lots of people, who can drink and drive. Unfortunately, one of us could get caught by a DUI road black even though no one is in any danger from us. They have road blocks for the sole reason of catching people they wouldn't by observing them. The people who can drink and drive. They do that not to save lives, but to increase the city coffers.

Certainly there are people who cannot drink and drive. I've seen them. They are the ones you see on TV trying to pass sobriety tests, or the ones you hear about who have had multiple DUI convictions. They are not everyone.

Last edited:
The problem is that you can get convicted of DUI without actually being impaired or even drunk at all.

I agree that someone who is sleeping in their car (engine off and cold) should NEVER be charged with DUI. However if you are at .08 you are impaired. I don't care how much of a fish you are. It's just a fact.

30 straight years of drinking, no tickets, no stops, no traffic violations, no accidents. Not even near misses. If you were following me you would never even know I'd been drinking, and I'm not talking a few beers, I'm talking about times just like last Saturday night and a boatload of margaritas.

Sorry, there are people, lots of people, who can drink and drive. Unfortunately, one of us could get caught by a DUI road black even though no one is in any danger from us.

Certainly there are people who cannot drink and drive. I've seen them. They are the ones you see on TV trying to pass sobriety tests, or the ones you hear about who have had multiple DUI convictions. They are not everyone.
so you were lucky for 30 years huh? How pathetic you endanger everyone to be selfish.

Sorry, there are people, lots of people, who can drink and drive. Unfortunately, one of us could get caught by a DUI road black even though no one is in any danger from us.

so you were lucky for 30 years huh? How pathetic you endanger everyone to be selfish.

No, I wasn't "lucky" I just am able to drink and drive. I have never endangered anyone.

No, I wasn't "lucky" I just am able to drink and drive. I have never endangered anyone.
every drunk I knows feels the same till they crash

Correction I've been drinking and driving for 40 years not 30. Started at 17 and I'm 57 now. I can't do math when I'm sober.

What a upstanding person you must be! You endanger all on the road just because YOU think you drive just as well drunk as sober.....

If anarchy was freedom, why did our Founders establish a Constitution?
We actually had something Pretty damn close to anarchy it was called the Articles of Confederation and is something we need to go back to 100%.

You've got to be kidding. The Articles of Confederation were so effective that the Colonists overwhelmingly abolished them and established our Constitution.

No. The colonists did not abolish them. Statist fucks like Alexander Hamilton hated the fact the central government didn't have the power to control the states...the AOC were exactly the correct thing to have...They made sure we did not have to have a repeat of revolution against a tyrannical government down the road and look what has happened since the AOC were destroyed...tyranny 100%. Oh and I love this

The Articles of Confederation, formally the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, was an agreement among the 13 founding states that established the United States of America as a confederation of sovereign states and served as its first constitution

We actually had something Pretty damn close to anarchy it was called the Articles of Confederation and is something we need to go back to 100%.

You've got to be kidding. The Articles of Confederation were so effective that the Colonists overwhelmingly abolished them and established our Constitution.

No. The colonists did not abolish them. Statist fucks like Alexander Hamilton hated the fact the central government didn't have the power to control the states...the AOC were exactly the correct thing to have...They made sure we did not have to have a repeat of revolution against a tyrannical government down the road and look what has happened since the AOC were destroyed...tyranny 100%. Oh and I love this

The Articles of Confederation, formally the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, was an agreement among the 13 founding states that established the United States of America as a confederation of sovereign states and served as its first constitution

Yeah the colonists did abolish the Articles of Confederation. The only reason the Constitutional Convention was meeting was because the Articles of Confederation didn't work. It created squabling between the States and allowed Great Britain to assert power in the colonies that were contrary to our interests.

The people voted and ratified the Constitution after considerable debate and discussion. Stop pretending otherwise.

Yeah the colonists did abolish the Articles of Confederation. The only reason the Constitutional Convention was meeting was because the Articles of Confederation didn't work. It created squabling between the States and allowed Great Britain to assert power in the colonies that were contrary to our interests.

The people voted and ratified the Constitution after considerable debate and discussion. Stop pretending otherwise.

Nope. The people had nothing to do with it. A few men had something to do with it...They never allowed the people to vote or have an input.

The Constitution would work fine if we could return to the days of Nullification, in other words, enforce the 10th Amendment at the State level.

Sorry, there are people, lots of people, who can drink and drive. Unfortunately, one of us could get caught by a DUI road black even though no one is in any danger from us. They have road blocks for the sole reason of catching people they wouldn't by observing them. The people who can drink and drive. They do that not to save lives, but to increase the city coffers.

I disagree with you. A good friend of mine is a DUI expert with Richmond PD. in the Bay Area. I was on a ride along with him one night and we pulled over a lady who looked fine to me. He took his time and did a very thorough examination of her. I was concerned that by the time he Breathalized her she would be below the legal minimum.

I need not have been. She was calm till she was informed she was going to jail. Then she became mildly belligerent. She was able to walk and talk fairly normally but by the time she was tested (over an hour later) she blew a .244. I asked my friend how he spotted her and he gave a good description of how her response time to outside events was slower than normal and how she reacted to those events. Eventually she would have been in a position where her natural response would have led to a collision with something. It's called reaction time. Hers and yours is impaired. You have been lucky but believe me, you ARE impaired.

Last edited:
Correction I've been drinking and driving for 40 years not 30. Started at 17 and I'm 57 now. I can't do math when I'm sober.

Sooooooo, you're telling us you can drive a complex vehicle with many outside variables yet you are incapable of doing math that a 1st grader can do.

Gotcha!:cuckoo:

And they were an abject failure. If the country were still using them we would have been reconquered by the Brits within a generation. And the revolutionaries would have welcomed them back.

Ignoring the obvious violation of the 4th and 5th Amendments, drunk driving laws are only good for fattening municipal coffers, putting people in jail who do not belong there, wrecking families, causing people to lose their jobs, enriching trial lawyers, and embarrassing decent people.

And what would those ‘obvious’ 4th and 5th Amendment violations be? What courts have struck down drunk driving laws as ‘un-Constitutional’?

Drivers can be lawfully stopped if law enforcement has reasonable suspicion or probable cause that a crime has taken place; that could be a typical traffic violation such as a broken brake light or illegal lane change, as well as the demeanor of the driver once pulled over.

4th Amendment search and seizure violations can occur with regard to a specific DUI stop, of course, but the general laws and policies are perfectly Constitutional.

What a upstanding person you must be! You endanger all on the road just because YOU think you drive just as well drunk as sober.....

I've never endangered anyone. I wasn't impaired so how can that endanger anyone.

I disagree with you. A good friend of mine is a DUI expert with Richmond PD. in the Bay Area. I was on a ride along with him one night and we pulled over a lady who looked fine to me. He took his time and did a very thorough examination of her. I was concerned that by the time he Breathalized her she would be below the legal minimum.

I need not have been. She was calm till she was informed she was going to jail. Then she became mildly belligerent. She was able to walk and talk fairly normally but by the time she was tested (over an hour later) she blew a .244. I asked my friend how he spotted her and he gave a good description of how her response time to outside events was slower than normal and how she reacted to those events. Eventually she would have been in a position where her natural response would have led to a collision with something. It's called reaction time. Hers and yours is impaired. You have been lucky but believe me, you ARE impaired.

He spotted her because she was impaired. I'm not trying to say that everyone can drink and drive. I know that that is definitely not true.

I can drink and drive. I do not easily get impaired. I can drink enough to get impaired, but that takes a lot of alcohol. At 57, I don't drink that much very often. But, according to the current laws, I could get arrested at any time simply because of the one-size-fits-all laws.

I have not been lucky, I'm simply able to drink and drive. I'm not alone or special in any way. Lots of people can do it. It just isn't talked about.

Forum List

Back