Zone1 Abortion Policy Poll

What is your position on abortion policy?

• It is a Constitutional Right prior to actual birth.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • It should be left up to the States.

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • There should be a federal law regulating all abortions

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
This poll is to clarify the mutually exclusive positions that are often conflated on this site.
My choice isn't shown in the poll. Murder should be illegal, period. It's not a matter of "regulation" by a government. It's a matter of regulation by God. But if we must discuss "rights" ... I believe in a baby's right to exist and live life with or without the consent of other human beings.

It was intended to murder children?

A car company doesn't sell a car to someone who doesn't have a license and insurance. If they do they are liable for selling it to someone who shouldn't have a car, right?

The manufacturer does have control. They sell to dealers who sell to customers. The lobby government to loosen regulations when we should be tightening them.

A gun is intended to project a bullet out of a tube via explosive combustion. That's all it does.

If you want to make getting a gun as easy as going to the DMV, propose it.

They sell to licensed dealers who then have the responsibility to sell to legal customers.

My choice isn't shown in the poll. Murder should be illegal, period. It's not a matter of "regulation" by a government. It's a matter of regulation by God. But if we must discuss "rights" ... I believe in a baby's right to exist and live life with or without the consent of other human beings.
Well I don't believe your god exists and to me life isn't that precious. So for me, they offer abortion clinics.

And people like you too. Many people who get abortions are pro life. But when it happens to them, if it's not a blessing, often people like you get abortions too. You're hypocrites. And many of you will never find out because it won't happen to you at the wrong time. If it did, you'd be in line for your abortion tomorrow. And you would justify it. Google "all abortions are immoral except mine"

Because of who they marketed to. Again, I give you the example of the bar that overserves a drunk driver.

The Liquor industry spends millions promoting safe driving. The Gun industry spends millions marketing to crazy people.

The Liquor industry doesn't anymore have a vocal advocacy group trying to put them out of business.

The Liquor industry doesn't anymore have a vocal advocacy group trying to put them out of business.
The liquor industry also doesn't have a NRA type group protecting it.

That's okay. I like this recent case where the dad is being charged for what his kid did. That's a good way to lower the number or rampages we see every year by nut job white boys.

Are they lobbying that parents should be able to buy spirits for their 18 year old kids?

Can a parent be liable if they have alcohol in the home and the kid kills someone after getting drunk? They better lobby harder.

I'm sure they would, and I would agree with them on that. the 18 year old drinking age is idiotic. It was when I was 18, and it is still when i am in my late 40's.

The parent, not the gun manufacturer. and that applies to anyone serving alcohol to even non minors, it's just harder to prove.

Why if a majority of the people don't want that?

here's a novel idea ... don't want or believe in abortion?

then

don't

have

one.

Chances are there will be enough states that do have unrestricted abortion that there will always be that option for those who want it. But I have no problem with people putting some reasonable restriction on abortion on demand if they believe that is the ethical choice.

don't want or believe in abortion?

then

don't

have

one.

We can't have it both ways. Either we are a government of the people, by the people, for the people

but you seem to only want that for some people.

are we are governed by the whims and ideology of a small oligarchy in government.

whatever happened to a smaller, less intrusive gov'ment that was the GOP mantra?

That means some are likely going to be pleased with and some are going to be disappointed or angry with any given policy or law but the brilliance of the U.S. system is that all states do not have to pass the same laws except the mandatory ones implied in the Constitution. And nobody other than those under court order are required to reside in any given state.

rasmussen is a biased polling org.

here's a novel idea ... don't want or believe in abortion?

then

don't

have

one.

don't want or believe in abortion?

then

don't

have

one.

but you seem to only want that for some people.

whatever happened to a smaller, less intrusive gov'ment that was the GOP mantra?

rasmussen is a biased polling org.
Don't want to kill your child? Don't kill him or her. Your logic.

To the pro life people that unborn child is a person as much as the one you're bouncing on your knee. Not a single one of us exists without going through the entire birth process from egg fertilization on. I think there is plenty of justification for finding a reasonable middle ground and not allowing people to kill their babies even minutes before birth and sometimes after birth.

And if you can find a polling organization conducted by people who have no personal biases, please inform us all.

it's not a child.

To the pro life people that unborn child is a person as much as the one you're bouncing on your knee.

pro life? bullshit. the accurate term is pro birth.

otherwise every child that is born would have everything they need to flourish, whether their parents could afford them or not.

food, clothing, healthcare, housing, education.

Not a single one of us exists without going through the entire birth process from egg fertilization on.

:omg:

I think there is plenty of justification for finding a reasonable middle ground

that ... ummmmm .... was what roe v wade was.

and not allowing people to kill their babies even minutes before birth

that doesn't happen.

and sometimes after birth.

that, my dear would be murder, & there is already laws to deal with it.

And if you can find a polling organization conducted by people who have no personal biases, please inform us all.

biased polling usually involves how Qs are framed, using certain loaded words to get the desired answer/outcome.

it's not a child.

pro life? bullshit. the accurate term is pro birth.

otherwise every child that is born would have everything they need to flourish, whether their parents could afford them or not.

food, clothing, healthcare, housing, education.

:omg:

that ... ummmmm .... was what roe v wade was.

that doesn't happen.

that, my dear would be murder, & there is already laws to deal with it.

biased polling usually involves how Qs are framed, using certain loaded words to get the desired answer/outcome.

So nobody should have a child who cannot properly house, feed, clothe, educate, nurture that child? I agree 100%. And no child whose parents cannot or will not do that should be left with those parents. I wish the 'woke' left would see it that way. The world would be a much better place.

Yes Roe v Wade was a reasonable middle ground until the pro abortionists threw out every principle in it in favor of no restrictions on abortion whatsoever. There is zero reason any city or state cannot pass whatever laws they want re abortion which is what the Founders intended. All the Supreme Court did was remove it from the jurisdiction of the high court where it never belonged.

Your statement there seems to have absolutely no connection with reality.

Who told you such a thing, and why did you fall for it?

Medical personnel, pretty much everybody capable of critical thinking, law makers, pretty much everybody who isn't a 'woke' idiot has said it along with what I observe of state laws, statistics, data, etc. I didn't fall for it. I chose to accept the credible information out there.

But then I am not a 'woke' idiot, troll, or other exercise in futility.

Medical personnel, pretty much everybody capable of critical thinking, law makers, pretty much everybody who isn't a 'woke' idiot has said it along with what I observe of state laws, statistics, data, etc. I didn't fall for it. I chose to accept the credible information out there.
So, where can I read about this?

I just ask because I've never seen a single instance of it. If you're not just making it all up, you should have no problems showing examples.

Now me, I can easily show examples proving you wrong.

For example, the referendum in Ohio specifically put a cutoff at viability.

The Michigan referendum? Again, viability.

California? Again, restrictions after viability.

That's odd. In every case, the pro-choicers are happy to compromise. Yet you claim the opposite, even though the evidence doesn't back you up.

Fetuses aren't children.

To the pro life people that unborn child is a person as much as the one you're bouncing on your knee. Not a single one of us exists without going through the entire birth process from egg fertilization on. I think there is plenty of justification for finding a reasonable middle ground and not allowing people to kill their babies even minutes before birth and sometimes after birth.

yes, if you are a religious fanatic, you think that life begins at conception and ends at birth when you all stop caring about them.

1710285847769.png

Forum List

Back