Abortion Solutions: Post 'Em Here!

Abortions and birth control have been around for millennia, even in the bible, even in older medical records around the world. Chemical and invasive abortions have long been used.

Let the woman decide, it is her body and her life.

Not all methods are particularly pleasant sounding. Even tricks from ancient animal husbandry work on humans.

Prevention is always preferable but when it could mean the woman's death to be pregnant and within her religion and teachings, why should strangers decide to deny her right?

Abortions are the law, making them more difficult to get access to them goes counter to the law.

He decision should be no ones business since medical records are not public.

Day after pill can be used in the first trimester. There are other combinations of pills that can be ordered online. Herbs, teas and foods also work in the early stages.

It is nobody's business except the woman's. STAY OUT OF HER MEDICAL RECORDS AND DECISIONS!

Why should a woman have to leave the country because of a handful of judgmental outsiders trying to control her life?

You have no right to know at all, ever.

Abortions and birth control have been around for millennia, even in the bible, even in older medical records around the world. Chemical and invasive abortions have long been used.

Not all methods are particularly pleasant sounding. Even tricks from ancient animal husbandry work on humans.

Prevention is always preferable but when it could mean the woman's death to be pregnant and within her religion and teachings, why should strangers decide to deny her right?

Abortions are the law, making them more difficult to get access to them goes counter to the law.

Day after pill can be used in the first trimester. There are other combinations of pills that can be ordered online. Herbs, teas and foods also work in the early stages.

It is nobody's business except the woman's. STAY OUT OF HER MEDICAL RECORDS AND DECISIONS!

Why should a woman have to leave the country because of a handful of judgmental outsiders trying to control her life?

But there is nothing in the Constitution that says any of this.

Therefore it is covered in the 10th Amendment and the States get to decide.

There's been a marked change in social mores since I was a little girl. NO ONE would think of living together before marriage then and I'd been so brainwashed that a woman couldn't have a baby before marriage that I thought it was physically impossible (until I finally worked out that your ovaries have no hotline to the Town Clerk writing your marriage license). Things are very different now. I don't know how we turn that around. I see young people make the irresponsible decision to bring babies into this world with no hope of a secure childhood for those babies. It is way too common these days. I don't see how you turn it around, but I don't think making abortion illegal is going to help.
Morality and self control are passe'.....if it feels good do it education is the answer.......
I realize you say that sarcastically, but just complaining about it is not going to help. A lot of the young girls I know who pop babies irresponsibly know that they can go to the State offices and get a lot of financial assistance, and they'll worry about the two year cut off when it happens. Welfare DID contribute to the problem. Before, women KNEW when they couldn't afford to raise a child alone.
WEll it might if those who bought it realize what has flowed from it. Short of mandatory birth control I dont see how you overcome the incentive built in
If we back up and look at the larger picture, I have to tell you most of the young girls I see relying on welfare to back up their irresponsibility were raised poor in families that also collected welfare, and to them it is an unquestioned right. Their mamas taught them what to say to the State lady to get the maximum benefits and what you could and couldn't do and still receive a check. I would not want to see welfare cut to those who need it and I worry about the children, who will pay the ultimate price if the checks are cut off, but ugly as it is, this system has created a monster underclass. Maybe like Obamacare, once its tentacles have spread so far, it is impossible to excise.

Its hard to imagine anyone would get pg and have kids just to get welfare checks, but you are right, we all know it. I also think many druggies get pg accidentally and do sex favors for drugs. A drug addicted baby is not good. If you want to make abortion illegal , the you also must agree to take care of baby and mother, as we can't let the kids suffer. I am most concerned about drug addicted babies, and the spread of disease, so I guess I believe in choice, but I see no need to get pg unless a welfare queen and those we do need to care for , for the sake of the baby. Its a catch 22 situation, but I also think they must name the father and money needs to be taken out of his check if he works.

I am for very tough drug laws for heroin, if caught once give treatment , but if caught again, sterilize and set loose. I hate myself for saying this , but we can't have nurseries full of drug addicted babies. I know I am a bad person for saying this.
I suspect they get preg because they are stupid farm animals without husbands.

There's been a marked change in social mores since I was a little girl. NO ONE would think of living together before marriage then and I'd been so brainwashed that a woman couldn't have a baby before marriage that I thought it was physically impossible (until I finally worked out that your ovaries have no hotline to the Town Clerk writing your marriage license). Things are very different now. I don't know how we turn that around. I see young people make the irresponsible decision to bring babies into this world with no hope of a secure childhood for those babies. It is way too common these days. I don't see how you turn it around, but I don't think making abortion illegal is going to help.
Morality and self control are passe'.....if it feels good do it education is the answer.......
I realize you say that sarcastically, but just complaining about it is not going to help. A lot of the young girls I know who pop babies irresponsibly know that they can go to the State offices and get a lot of financial assistance, and they'll worry about the two year cut off when it happens. Welfare DID contribute to the problem. Before, women KNEW when they couldn't afford to raise a child alone.
WEll it might if those who bought it realize what has flowed from it. Short of mandatory birth control I dont see how you overcome the incentive built in
If we back up and look at the larger picture, I have to tell you most of the young girls I see relying on welfare to back up their irresponsibility were raised poor in families that also collected welfare, and to them it is an unquestioned right. Their mamas taught them what to say to the State lady to get the maximum benefits and what you could and couldn't do and still receive a check. I would not want to see welfare cut to those who need it and I worry about the children, who will pay the ultimate price if the checks are cut off, but ugly as it is, this system has created a monster underclass. Maybe like Obamacare, once its tentacles have spread so far, it is impossible to excise.

Its hard to imagine anyone would get pg and have kids just to get welfare checks, but you are right, we all know it. I also think many druggies get pg accidentally and do sex favors for drugs. A drug addicted baby is not good. If you want to make abortion illegal , the you also must agree to take care of baby and mother, as we can't let the kids suffer. I am most concerned about drug addicted babies, and the spread of disease, so I guess I believe in choice, but I see no need to get pg unless a welfare queen and those we do need to care for , for the sake of the baby. Its a catch 22 situation, but I also think they must name the father and money needs to be taken out of his check if he works.

I am for very tough drug laws for heroin, if caught once give treatment , but if caught again, sterilize and set loose. I hate myself for saying this , but we can't have nurseries full of drug addicted babies. I know I am a bad person for saying this.
Works for feral cats so why not? Sure.

Of course you are going to get called a Nazi for it.

:D

Women have been aborting fetuses since women have had babies. Let them do it legally and safely, and work on realistic solutions to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place. You have no right to tell me I must carry a baby to term if I am unable or unwilling to care for that child. All the attempts to prevent abortion by helping women access adoption agencies or finding support systems that allow her to raise the child are laudable, but they won't work for every situation.
They (babes) can cross state lines or go back to using coat hangers.
No. This is not a 'states rights' issue. It is rightly a national issue and devolving it to the states is no solution. The states rights argument is just a way to chisel away at abortion rights piecemeal. There aren't inherent differences in reproduction or living situations by state that would indicate a woman's rights in one state are no longer "necessary" while in another state they are.
Blah blah blah.

Stop repeating yourself.

The only arguments I want to have with women is whose turn is it to be on top.
I was just thinking how this thread on abortion has been the most civil I've experienced here. Figures you'd blow it.
The only arguments I want to have with women is ... .

Women have been aborting fetuses since women have had babies. Let them do it legally and safely, and work on realistic solutions to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place. You have no right to tell me I must carry a baby to term if I am unable or unwilling to care for that child. All the attempts to prevent abortion by helping women access adoption agencies or finding support systems that allow her to raise the child are laudable, but they won't work for every situation.

Do you believe that Children have a right to the equal protections of our laws?

Yes or no?
A child is a living being outside the womb. Now you know.

Your idiotic claim is not supported by any facts.

Try selling your lame assed denials to any of those serving time in prison for killing a "child in the womb" after they were convicted under a fetal homicide law.

He'll, try a dictionary. . . Look up "with CHILD" and tell us what it says.

Dumbass.

You can thank me for correcting your ignorance whenever you like.

You're welcome.
Child in the womb is an attempt to change the definition to eventually charge people who have an abortion with murder. It won't work.

Ok, lets say abortion is outlawed in some states. How do you stop abortions from being performed anyways? :dunno:
Abortion doctors who live by doing abortions will simply have to move their practices across state lines or risk having their state licenses pulled and prison time.

So only the wealthy who can travel can get abortions and you had best believe they do.

So, increase the penalties accordingly for those that do.
People who go to a state that allows abortion should be penalized? How?

>>Court held this right of privacy to be "fundamental" and, drawing upon the strict standard of review found in equal protection litigation,<<

Her womb, her life, her choice.

None of your business what she does or does not do.

If she uses birth control, gets a D&C or hysterectomy.......... none of you business.

You have no right to know or interfere.

Her womb, her life, her choice.

None of your business what she does or does not do.

If she uses birth control, gets a D&C or hysterectomy.......... none of you business.

You have no right to know or interfere.
Where do you get all that?

From your Ouija board?

It's NOT in the Constitution.

>>Court held this right of privacy to be "fundamental" and, drawing upon the strict standard of review found in equal protection litigation,<<
Yah but Trump has 2 years to fix all that by re-stuffing the SCOTUS with strict constructionists.

10TH AMENDMENT: .The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

the U S Constitution replaced the states rights articles of confederation, yios and right wing zealots need to get over it - the tenth does not leave the final decisions to the states but to the citizens of the country and as pointed out your self serving opinion is just that and has nothing to do with the law of the land.

Ok, lets say abortion is outlawed in some states. How do you stop abortions from being performed anyways? :dunno:
Abortion doctors who live by doing abortions will simply have to move their practices across state lines or risk having their state licenses pulled and prison time.
Ya, but seriously, everyone is just going to go across the state line as well, except the poor people who can't afford to, so you guys will be stuck with a ton of poor babies to take care of. Dumbest. Plan. Ever.
So let them cross state lines.

Same story with recreational dope. Go to Colorado.
Do you realize that only poor peeps won't go across state lines and the state will have more poor babies and people to take care of? Republicans usually aren't ok with that.
We're fine with that. It seems that you aren't.

I dealt with a lot of drug addicted babies. It takes them months to get weaned off the methadone, although everyone is as careful as possible to keep them comfortable. Imagine withdrawal being the first experience of your life. I don't think you're a bad person. It's impossible to look realistically at the problem without feeling desperate for the babies.

The technology commonly referred to as “abortion” is not going to go away. :eusa_eh:

As long as resources and services are traded for services and resources, abortions will be performed.

The technology cat has been let out of the bag.​

Abortions will be performed. :(

Unless…..

The technology is rendered obsolete. People stopped trading resources and services for horses and buggies not because they were prohibited by various levels of Government... People stopped trading in horses and buggies because a different technology made them obsolete.

What could possibly make abortion obsolete? :dunno:

Education!

The more coaching that We, The People can give to Our Spawn on life choices and consequences, the less likely that abortions - legal or otherwise - will be performed.

Every dollar invested in Education is a dollar invested against abortion :thup:

`

Make our young spend one whole year of their life around the age of 13 caring for a newborn child and let them discover horror of raising a child on limited income and no aid at all!

Might fall under your education thought but I am sure many of them would learn having unexpected and unwanted children is never wise.

Of course a Chastity belt might be cheaper instead...

The technology commonly referred to as “abortion” is not going to go away. :eusa_eh:

As long as resources and services are traded for services and resources, abortions will be performed.

Unless…..

The technology is rendered obsolete. People stopped trading resources and services for horses and buggies not because they were prohibited by various levels of Government... People stopped trading in horses and buggies because a different technology made them obsolete.

Education!

The more coaching that We, The People can give to Our Spawn on life choices and consequences, the less likely that abortions - legal or otherwise - will be performed.

`

Make our young spend one whole year of their life around the age of 13 caring for a newborn child and let them discover horror of raising a child on limited income and no aid at all!

Might fall under your education thought but I am sure many of them would learn having unexpected and unwanted children is never wise.

Might be a little tough on the baby, doing that. But I get your point. I was a young mom--all my friends were still partying and using drugs and having a good old time. I was home taking care of a baby. I never thought twice about it--it was my job and I would have died to protect that baby, but I remember the pangs of envy on Saturday nights.

Unless…..

Education!

`

Might be a little tough on the baby, doing that. But I get your point. I was a young mom--all my friends were still partying and using drugs and having a good old time. I was home taking care of a baby. I never thought twice about it--it was my job and I would have died to protect that baby, but I remember the pangs of envy on Saturday nights.

Sometimes you have to be harsh with reality to jolt humans to their senses...

I am actually pro-choice on the issue for abortion. I find it is more humane to let the woman abort the child than force her to give birth to it into poverty and raise it with hatred in her heart.

Some will argue the child can be adopted but the reality is most people want kids from healthy females and male donors and not some poor woman child that she could not afford to raise.

Do you believe that Children have a right to the equal protections of our laws?

Yes or no?
A child is a living being outside the womb. Now you know.

Your idiotic claim is not supported by any facts.

Try selling your lame assed denials to any of those serving time in prison for killing a "child in the womb" after they were convicted under a fetal homicide law.

He'll, try a dictionary. . . Look up "with CHILD" and tell us what it says.

Dumbass.

You can thank me for correcting your ignorance whenever you like.

You're welcome.
Child in the womb is an attempt to change the definition to eventually charge people who have an abortion with murder. It won't work.

The concept of "Children in the womb" is almost as old as language itself. Your denials about the obvious not withstanding.

Does a State have the Constitutional authority to decide which human beings are persons and which ones are not?

I don't think so.

Unless…..

Education!

`

Sometimes you have to be harsh with reality to jolt humans to their senses...

I am actually pro-choice on the issue for abortion. I find it is more humane to let the woman abort the child than force her to give birth to it into poverty and raise it with hatred in her heart.

Some will argue the child can be adopted but the reality is most people want kids from healthy females and male donors and not some poor woman child that she could not afford to raise.
I agree. I don't think most women would raise the child with hatred in her heart, but desperation and helplessness, yes. Not good for mother or child. The ProLifers think we are evil for caring about any of that, and it is hard for me to wrap my head around that judgment.

Forum List

Back