Abortion Survivor Melissa Ohden: "What About My Choice?"

That is the utter stupidity of some on the right. Make abortion illegal, but hey don’t you dare do anything to reduce the need for it. Don’t invest in evidence based sexual education, don’t provide free birth control to those that need it, don’t even allow pills to be available over the counter.

It's not free nor should it be. If the woman wants the sole choice with her body, she gets the sole cost of it. Don't claim something is private then demand public money to fund it.

Everyone has the sole choice with their own body. Why are women held to a different standard?

Women are holding themselves to a different, and lower standard, by demanding those they tell to butt out of their body choices to pay for them. Why aren't women expected to pay for that sole choice?

They are holding themselves to the same standard as men. Pregnancy is like any other medical condition.

Not when they demand someone else pay for a choices they say is no one else's business.

Pregnancy is a result of a choice. Many medical conditions don't fit that.

Sure they do. Injuries as a result of sports, car crashes (you chose to drive a car), diseases associated with lifestyle choices....

Are you so dumb that you need government to provide you with birth control that is available on the free market place ??
Thanks for making my point.

Countries that have free birth control and comprehensive sexual education programs have lower rates of abortion and teen pregnancies meanwhile you guys explode in rage at the idea that health insurance must provide free contraception (a hell of a lot cheaper than a pregnancy) and are doing your best to shut down PP who’s main business is...contraception.

It's not free.

It's also not the responsibility of the government, an insurance company, an employer, or the taxpayers to provide something related to a choice women say isn't anyone's business but theirs.

Yet you want to take that choice away from her AND not provide any of those things.

She made the choice to spread her legs. Let her pay the price for things associated with that. If she can't, let her and her kids go without. Maybe next time she'll make a better choice if she sees what happens as a result of the poor ones.
So you are pro choice just like me, ie: you made the choice to have unprotected sex now you have the obligation to bare the financial responsibility that goes with it. Have your abortion but don't expect others to pay for it.

I don't support evil and killing something because it's inconvenient to you although you made the choice to do what it took to get in that situation is evil.

Yet it does. Just like it will take care of you one way or the other if you fall on hard times and have no one to turn to.

Only to those so irresponsible they won't take care of themselves.

Don't worry about me. I've prepared. I don't live by the mindset that if something doesn't work out, it's someone else's responsibility to do for me. Perhaps you should try it. It will make you feel better about yourself and not have such a leech mentality. If you don't, hopefully you'll starve when you don't get help.

Even the best prepared can have bad luck.

Bad results for bad choices has nothing to do with bad luck. However, your bad luck doesn't mean someone else is responsible for the costs.

No it doesn’t. But society still picks up the tab for your bad luck and your bad choices. One way or the other.

No they don't. I've yet to expect society to do that. Maybe you've made so many in your life you think it's normal to be a fuck up and demand someone else pay the price.

You might not expect them to but deep down you know they will. It’s your subconscious security blanket behind the “I’m so independent” facade.

It's not free nor should it be. If the woman wants the sole choice with her body, she gets the sole cost of it. Don't claim something is private then demand public money to fund it.

Everyone has the sole choice with their own body. Why are women held to a different standard?

Women are holding themselves to a different, and lower standard, by demanding those they tell to butt out of their body choices to pay for them. Why aren't women expected to pay for that sole choice?

They are holding themselves to the same standard as men. Pregnancy is like any other medical condition.

Not when they demand someone else pay for a choices they say is no one else's business.

Sure they do. Injuries as a result of sports, car crashes (you chose to drive a car), diseases associated with lifestyle choices....

That car crash could be the result of someone else's bad choices.

Not every disease is related to a lifestyle choice.

Only to those so irresponsible they won't take care of themselves.

Don't worry about me. I've prepared. I don't live by the mindset that if something doesn't work out, it's someone else's responsibility to do for me. Perhaps you should try it. It will make you feel better about yourself and not have such a leech mentality. If you don't, hopefully you'll starve when you don't get help.

Bad results for bad choices has nothing to do with bad luck. However, your bad luck doesn't mean someone else is responsible for the costs.

No it doesn’t. But society still picks up the tab for your bad luck and your bad choices. One way or the other.

No they don't. I've yet to expect society to do that. Maybe you've made so many in your life you think it's normal to be a fuck up and demand someone else pay the price.

You might not expect them to but deep down you know they will. It’s your subconscious security blanket behind the “I’m so independent” facade.

They can't if they aren't expected to or asked to do so. You automatically assume everyone demands someone else pay the prices for their bad choices. Perhaps that's because you've done it so much.

They can't if they aren't expected to or asked to do so. You automatically assume everyone demands someone else pay the prices for their bad choices. Perhaps that's because you've done it so much.

I am sure when you are old and indigent you will fully expect someone to change your diapers because like the rest of us adults you have already paid into it.

I am sure when you are old and indigent you will fully expect someone to change your diapers because like the rest of us adults you have already paid into it.

I'm sure you can prove that claim.

You made the choice to drive a car and assume the risk. That was clearly a bad choice...like having sex and taking the risk of pregnancy.

Good point. I am assuming you are an adult.

You made the choice to drive a car and assume the risk. That was clearly a bad choice...like having sex and taking the risk of pregnancy.

Not when my actions weren't the cause. Are you saying someone can get pregnant if two other people have sex?

You're assuming everyone is like you and expects someone else to take care of them. As an adult, I don't expect that. As an adult, you shouldn't expect it.

I had a friend who's wife said her pregnancy was an accident, Found out she tripped and fell up and down on her co workers Junk.

Not when my actions weren't the cause. Are you saying someone can get pregnant if two other people have sex?

I had a friend who's wife said her pregnancy was an accident, Found out she tripped and fell up and down on her co workers Junk.

Your actions are the cause. If you had not chosen to drive a car you would not have had an accident. Fault is irrelevant. It is about the choices you made.

My driving didn't cause the accident. Someone else did. Had they not made bad choices, the accident wouldn't have occurred.

Your actions are the cause. If you had not chosen to drive a car you would not have had an accident. Fault is irrelevant. It is about the choices you made.

You're assuming everyone is like you and expects someone else to take care of them. As an adult, I don't expect that. As an adult, you shouldn't expect it.
I am assuming that everyone who lives in this country KNOWS that the Emergency Room will take them when all else fails. Even you.

Actually I am assuming you are American....

I am assuming that everyone who lives in this country KNOWS that the Emergency Room will take them when all else fails. Even you.

If one can't pay for medical care, they should go without unless you're voluntarily willing to fund it for them. That someone can go, get something knowing they aren't going to have to pay, and the costs goes to those of us responsible enough to provide insurance to ourselves is wrong.

If one can't pay for medical care, they should go without unless you're voluntarily willing to fund it for them. That someone can go, get something knowing they aren't going to have to pay, and the costs goes to those of us responsible enough to provide insurance to ourselves is wrong.
Let me know when your employer downsizes, you lose your job and your health insurance, wreck your car and end up a quadriplegic. Shit happens. I wonder if you would claim disability?

Let me know when your employer downsizes, you lose your job and your health insurance, wreck your car and end up a quadriplegic. Shit happens. I wonder if you would claim disability?

Let me know when you automatic thought isn't doom and gloom with the mindset that someone will be a leech like you.

Things do happen. The difference between the two of us is you automatically expect someone else to foot the bill and I don't.

Hmmm. What is someone else’s body doing in my body? Evicting an unwanted tenant is not murder.

No compassion, no love, just hate for a defenseless life.
Nope. No hate.

You are lying in my opinion and your callousness, your lack of compassion or love for another human being purely disgusts me.

Nope. I am not.

Let me know when your compassion and love reach out to the children forceably seperated from their parents at the border. Oh wait...silly me...they are already born. No compassion there.

They should not be separated at the border, they need to be processed quickly and either given asylum or transported to the country of their choice.

And as far as I am concerned you have said nothing that changes my mind that you are a hateful, callous and your attitude is disgusting.
Even if those they are with are human traffickers or people that are not their relative's etc ???

They need to be taken into custody, made safe, and returned to the people they were with, yet only if the people are their parents, relatives and such.

Then they all can be given asylum or transported back to their country of origin etc. Whatever the proper decision making is or will be in regards to the best solutions possible.

America has become the Nation of It's someone else's fault." I didn't use Birth control" = The govt/ other people are now responsible for my ignorance for not educating me about sex. I'm a heroin Addict = The Govt should provide free Narcan so I don't die, so I can go OD again tomorrow! Ok it's still early, maybe today! !

Forum List

Back