Abraham? Really?

Picking and choosing what is right and comfortable for each person is freedom.
Your choice is your own.
Freedom is why we have so many diverse types of Christianity and all other forms of different religions here in America even atheists.
One way of thinking for all is not freedom.

The gospels were not trashed, that is a lie.
Was there some mistakes ,yes but not very earth shaking.
The theme is consistent, picking and choosing on the small things of imperfection won't lead you to what the book is saying.
I get that. But picking and choosing and then saying i have bias? Thats a load of crap. The entire concept of what god is, is opinion.
How do you know what was in those gospels? How old are you? Lol
The entire religion of christianity today is built around what ONE MAN wanted it to be.
Another reason why i cant jump on board that train.

ONE MAN? which "one man"
It was a "council" but was lead by one man. I mean, he single handedly ruled Rome..

Oh HIM! be careful------there are a whole bunch of people who have decided that
character is a "saint"
Isnt it debated whether he even believed or not?[/QUOTE

yes. Besides being a nasty bastard----he was not even baptized until right before he
he died-----my conjecture is that some BISHOP------saw him delirious and decided---
"NOW IS THE TIME------if he never gets baptized----our whole THING will collapse"

Revelations , which is happening and in the order it was written.
what do you mean?

Gospel spread to the world.
Israel becoming a Nation again.
The world against Israel and Christianity.
All religions have spread to the world
ok
The world is against islam too. Weird how that works. Different religions being against the other..
I thought you were going to say something extraordinary lol

what do you mean?

I don't think that the lines are all that clear. Right now-----the ONE line that is the
most clear is ---- MUSLIMS VS JEWS/ISRAEL,,,,,,,,,,,
MUSLIMS VS CHRISTIANS Muslims are also clearly VS lots of
other groups. I consider the situation ON THE VERY EDGE

what do you mean?

ok
The world is against islam too. Weird how that works. Different religions being against the other..

Peach mentioned a FACET of the situation--------sheeeeeeeesh. kinda correct----
you WANT EXTRAORDINARY?

Isaac eventually UNDERSTOOD. I deceive my husband all the time----HE UNDERSTANDS
Yitzchak smelled the difference between Yaakov and Eisav and realized that the blessing had to go to Yaakov.
Read the verses.

Jacob was wearing the cloths of Esau, so blind Jacob though he was Esau
I've been studying the story for about 35 years.

35 years and you still do not get it. Its about deceit.

He gets it, penny dear. You do not. Long ago--(very long ago-----in my adolescence) I read
the Bhagavad Gita and the Ramayana------and the Koran. Not being an idiot---I did not come
out of that experience imagining that I NOW UNDERSTAND HINDUISM AND ISLAM. When reading
scriptural writing-----understanding cannot be attained by a person not familiar with the original
language or the cultural symbols and allusions----of the people that generated the work. In the
course of my life I have worked with and socialized with both Hindus and Muslims-----and THUS
came to some level of understanding of the religions and their scriptural works. Yitzchak is a
very interesting CHARACTER in the bible. In fact--in terms of ancient literature he has a VERY
VERY important deficit-----HE IS BLIND. Remember Oedipus? he got to be blind too.
Remember TIRESIAS? He is a BLIND ORACLE that pops up in Greek Legends-----
Blindness is a much recognized SYMBOL of something like -----"ABILITY TO SEE INVISIBLE
TRUTHS"------Yitzchak gets that role lots in his life-------he is considered to be at least
somewhat blind since the "sacrifice incident" It is a symbol MUCH understood in ancient time----
(did you pass high school literature class?) The story of Isaac and his sons is not a story about
DECEIT-------that is the theme is not DECEIT-------it is insight

I guess we all take the story differently, and no one does not need to learn the language to know what it says today.

Last edited:
what do you mean?

ok

No the world is against radical terrorists, not Islam.

I see that you think you are clever. What you are is confirming your bias. That's not clever. That's ignorant and lazy.

Before you can understand "who" God is, you have to believe that there is intelligence behind the rules which existed before space and time were created.
"who" god is, is COMPLETELY subjective.
You can see that in this thread; people picking and choosing what to believe. All the gospels that got trashed. SO MUCH more i could add that would add to that.
People keep saying i have a "bias" when the fucking book says what i wrote out. People either look at it for what it is or what they WANT it to be.
Nice "try" at logic though.

Picking and choosing what is right and comfortable for each person is freedom.
Your choice is your own.
Freedom is why we have so many diverse types of Christianity and all other forms of different religions here in America even atheists.
One way of thinking for all is not freedom.

The gospels were not trashed, that is a lie.
Was there some mistakes ,yes but not very earth shaking.
The theme is consistent, picking and choosing on the small things of imperfection won't lead you to what the book is saying.
I get that. But picking and choosing and then saying i have bias? Thats a load of crap. The entire concept of what god is, is opinion.
How do you know what was in those gospels? How old are you? Lol
The entire religion of christianity today is built around what ONE MAN wanted it to be.
Another reason why i cant jump on board that train.

ONE MAN? which "one man"
It was a "council" but was lead by one man. I mean, he single handedly ruled Rome..

Why the divisions and excommunications of each other after the council? Christianity was highly divided from the start.

Even now there are still catholics and the eastern churches.

Yitzchak smelled the difference between Yaakov and Eisav and realized that the blessing had to go to Yaakov.
Read the verses.

Jacob was wearing the cloths of Esau, so blind Jacob though he was Esau
I've been studying the story for about 35 years.

35 years and you still do not get it. Its about deceit.

He gets it, penny dear. You do not. Long ago--(very long ago-----in my adolescence) I read
the Bhagavad Gita and the Ramayana------and the Koran. Not being an idiot---I did not come
out of that experience imagining that I NOW UNDERSTAND HINDUISM AND ISLAM. When reading
scriptural writing-----understanding cannot be attained by a person not familiar with the original
language or the cultural symbols and allusions----of the people that generated the work. In the
course of my life I have worked with and socialized with both Hindus and Muslims-----and THUS
came to some level of understanding of the religions and their scriptural works. Yitzchak is a
very interesting CHARACTER in the bible. In fact--in terms of ancient literature he has a VERY
VERY important deficit-----HE IS BLIND. Remember Oedipus? he got to be blind too.
Remember TIRESIAS? He is a BLIND ORACLE that pops up in Greek Legends-----
Blindness is a much recognized SYMBOL of something like -----"ABILITY TO SEE INVISIBLE
TRUTHS"------Yitzchak gets that role lots in his life-------he is considered to be at least
somewhat blind since the "sacrifice incident" It is a symbol MUCH understood in ancient time----
(did you pass high school literature class?) The story of Isaac and his sons is not a story about
DECEIT-------that is the theme is not DECEIT-------it is insight

I guess we all take the story differently, and no one does not need to learn the language to know what it says today.

Have you ever been able to read in any language other than English, penny?.
English is the ONLY language in which I am fluent ------but I did study a few
others-----Spanish, German, Hebrew. ------there was a time that I could actually
read and understand---(mostly) stuff written in each of those languages. ------
NOPE-----KAFKA in English------JUST DOES NOT CUT IT. As to the OT------
understanding is based on BOTH language and some concept of THAT culture,
its imagery and symbols-------the new fangled Christian versions really do not
cut it ----as to the newfangled jewish versions of OT and Talmud-------barely

what do you mean?

ok

Im not following your logic here..

what do you mean?

ok

there is some truth to the comment Peach makes-----THERE IS A BIG PUSH in the
"world" -----to be very liberal minded about islam and muslims-. This pressure dates
way back -------an important force was MAHATMA GANDHI -----and Christians do
the thing that makes muslims giggle ----LOVE YOUR ENEMIES. Jews have
always played the game-----BE NICE OR THEY will be WORSE

what do you mean?

ok

:eek-52:

What part of, most Islam does not follow killing others because they aren't Muslim are you not understanding?

what do you mean?

ok

What part of, most Islam does not follow killing others because they aren't Muslim are you not understanding?
Thats not what i didnt understand :)
Its your logic concluding the world is after christians but somehow that doesnt apply to islam..
You think the world is after your religion while they are only after islamic individuals? Is that what you are saying?

ok

Its your logic concluding the world is after christians but somehow that doesnt apply to islam..
You think the world is after your religion while they are only after islamic individuals? Is that what you are saying?

No

what do you mean?

ok

there is some truth to the comment Peach makes-----THERE IS A BIG PUSH in the
"world" -----to be very liberal minded about islam and muslims-. This pressure dates
way back -------an important force was MAHATMA GANDHI -----and Christians do
the thing that makes muslims giggle ----LOVE YOUR ENEMIES. Jews have
always played the game-----BE NICE OR THEY will be WORSE

It's not my truth it's the Bible.

ok

No
Then what are you trying to say? Why do you think your religion is the only one getting trampled on?

ok

I said killing others.

ok

I said killing others.
Lol dangit peach...
WHY did you say christianity was being trampled on?
How can you claim that and then deny islam has the same problem?
PLEASE explain your logic here.

I said killing others.
Lol dangit peach...

I didn't, you are the are who thinks that.

I said killing others.
Lol dangit peach...

I didn't, you are the are who thinks that.
so you didnt say
The world against Israel and Christianity. and No the world is against radical terrorists, not Islam.
?

Forum List

Back