ACLU defends article linking Taylor Swift to white supremacists

Freedom of speech always enrages the right.

You 'tards do understand it's a free speech issue, right? The ACLU defends Nazis as well.

Now, if you want to melt down, melt down over the article writer.

The ACLU is a colossal joke made up of lawyers who'd never make it in the real legal world. They're the butt of many jokes at my husband's firm.

Likely why they are paid peanuts

I'm trying to understand what the problem is with the American Civil Liberties Union defending someone's civil liberties. If they aren't willing to defend offensive speech, what's the point in defending free speech at all?

I'm trying to understand what the problem is with the American Civil Liberties Union defending someone's civil liberties. If they aren't willing to defend offensive speech, what's the point in defending free speech at all?

The speech in question is making extremely toxic and hateful accusations based on NOTHING to a person who does not deserve such an unprovoked attack.

The speech in question is making extremely toxic and hateful accusations based on NOTHING to a person who does not deserve such an unprovoked attack.

Again, offensive speech must be protected or free speech is meaningless. Did the blogger write anything which constitutes libel? It seemed to be more like a bunch of half-baked theories and opinions, rather than statements that Swift did things as though they are fact.

If I were to write a blog in which I say that I consider the beheading of Ned Stark in George RR Martin's A Game of Thrones to be a celebration of the execution of Jesus Christ, and an example of an anti-Christian bias found throughout the book, I would be an idiot, but would have every right to make such interpretations.

I didn't see anything but foolish interpretations by the blogger, but I did not read their entire article, so there may be something I missed.

I am happy the ACLU is willing to defend the right of people to use offensive speech. I don't need to agree with that speech. :dunno:

This is why the word "racist" no longer has any meaning or effect.

a7e06c334ca67c8b5fce7e40ac0e1b5b34222a928dbf146ae46240b66708033a.jpg

[/IMG]

I know you hate the english language but racist still means the same thing it always meant.
No, it doesn't. Now, the word "racist" means "but heart negroes looking to blame their failures on successful white people".

7463664.jpg
Successful white people? :laugh:

Its obvious you dont know any of those people?
I might not know them but they all know me. many successful people are successful because of my online tips on how to be successful.

[/IMG]

I know you hate the english language but racist still means the same thing it always meant.
No, it doesn't. Now, the word "racist" means "but heart negroes looking to blame their failures on successful white people".

7463664.jpg

I might not know them but they all know me. many successful people are successful because of my online tips on how to be successful.
They may be successful at wrassling pigs because of your tips but thats not exactly the type of success I was talking about.

It looks like it's accusing her of remaining silent and supposing that this has some effect. As long as they don't slander her (make a claim that she said something she didn't say, for example), it's protected speech.

Unfortunately, there will always be morons who read a baseless blurb on the internet and swallow it hook, line, and sinker. I personally don't care about such retards.

[/IMG]

7463664.jpg

They may be successful at wrassling pigs because of your tips but thats not exactly the type of success I was talking about.
If "wrassling pigs" is Ebonics for successful investment and stock market trading you would be right, but doubt people who speak Ebonics knows anything more than drinking 40oz Colt 45's and sexually harassing white women.

[/IMG]

7463664.jpg

If wrassling pigs is Ebonics for successful investment and stock market trading you would be right, but doubt people who speak Ebonics knows anything more than drinking 40oz Colt 45's and sexually harassing white women.
Wrassling pigs is redneck for wrestling pigs but you knew that already. Like I said thats not the type of success I was speaking about.

Forum List

Back