Active shooter reported at Texas elementary school

No place else on earth has 45,000 gun killings a year.

No place else on the planet.

The difference?

No place else allows the gun ownership we do.

400 million guns are the problem.

The only problem.

And there is no argument that can be made, that can change that fact.

the US has the most guns owned by citizens but the US isnt ranked in the top 20 for murder rate ...

Two things we are going to find out.

1) Everyone in the shooter's life knew he was nuts.
2) It was incredibly easy for him to get a gun.
Too bad they didn't have armed people in there, would have been easy to take him out. Of course you are against that.

Huh. Call the parents responsible for what their "child" does? That would probably have to end at 18 (with current laws), thus this Ramos guy would not be included. My guess is that grandma, whom he killed, was the only parent raising him.

I see you probably have also read about the Columbine situation. It's an interesting idea that you are suggesting that the parents should have been more prying, more suspicious, more AWARE of the really Satanic communications their kids were making. Especially Eric. Dylan was some sort of compulsive dependent follower ---- majorly suicidal, too.

I don't know: this is the sort of accusation people always throw around, like at the wife of the BTK serial killer ---- that she MUST have known! And the family of that one in California who was outed lately, who raped and killed really dozens. And it's a favorite fictional theme --- when does a wife or daughter start suspecting such a thing? I think this may be a bridge too far for imagination of most normal people. How could one think such a thing? I can remember betrayals in my life that seemed serious at the time, but they were NOTHING relative to a husband/father being a serial killer or a son being a mass murderer, and yet it took me years and years to "grok" what must have happened.

Still, I think you have a good point. Make the relatives responsible, and it WOULD encourage a salutary suspicion. Especially with these angry suicidal shooters. There is too much denial going on, you are perhaps right about that.
We are desperate for a solution and “the gun” itself just doesn’t seem to do it so let’s hold supposedly supervising parents accountable when their 14-18 year olds go off like psycho nut cases. I still don’t believe these parents are unaware, they are just very guilty After the fact

Last edited:
Hence the words 'training' and 'select.'

What, did you think I wanted to mindlessly arm every teacher in a school?
Yes. Especially those soft young 23-year-olds who want to teach tiny kindergarten children and are hoping to get married and have their own soon. Good luck with turning those girls into soldiers!! :mad:

I'm saying we've GOT OTHER THINGS TO THINK ABOUT, TemplarKormac, and we as women are not going to fit into your quasi-military draft!!
What says "we're going to keep your children safe!" more than placing poor defenseless teachers and two or three resource officers in between the killer and the children? Train them, arm them. Give them every tool they need to impede or stop the progress of a school shooter.

Guns laws, no. Mental health laws that keep guns out of the hands of nuts....Yes
At 18 it was not legal for this guy to have a handgun.

What mental health laws are going to make him having a handgun MORE illegal?

Yes. Especially those soft young 23-year-olds who want to teach tiny kindergarten children and are hoping to get married and have their own soon. Good luck with turning those girls into soldiers!! :mad:

If the kids you teach aren't worth protecting, then you probably think the same of your own.

We are desperate for a solution and “the gun” itself just doesn’t seem to do it so let’s hold supposedly supervising parents accountable when their 14-18 year olds go off line psycho but cases. I still don’t believe these parents are unaware, they are just very guilty After the fact
Actually, you have persuaded me. That actually IS an original idea for trying to solve the situation.

Deport EVERY surviving Grand Parent & Parent ( even if they are 6th Generation Texican ) this shit needs to give pause to folks considering doing this in the future

Deport EVERY surviving Grand Parent & Parent ( even if they are 6th Generation Texican ) this shit needs to give pause to folks considering doing this in the future
Except the shooter was an American citizen.

That won't do anything except breed resentment.

Very much seems to be so

His citizenry is immaterial and it’s an attempt to boost his image while lowering the image of the person you are”correcting”
Stop it.
Not boosting his image. His image is of a crazed 18 year old Texan Latino, the shot his grandmother today, the went to a school for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders, and then chose to kill 14 or 15 of them and a teacher before engaging border patrol and police, shooting 2 of them, one (the border patrol guy) shot in the head, before the lil mad dog batshit crazy young freak was put down like the mad dog he became. That is his image, and thankfully is busy assuming room temperature.

Not boosting his image. His image is of a crazed 18 year old Texan Latino, the shot his grandmother today, the went to a school for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders, and then chose to kill 14 or 15 of them and a teacher before engaging border patrol and police, shooting 2 of them, one (the border patrol guy) shot in the head, before the lil mad dog batshit crazy young freak was put down like the mad dog he became. That is his image, and thankfully is busy assuming room temperature.
Deport EVERY living Family Member regardless of if they are Dreamers or 5th Generation Texicans

Forum List

Back