"Active Shooter" video game lets you be school shooter

You know, this is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. What would be the reaction if a kid bought the game, played it as a shooter repeatedly to try to figure out the best way to do a shooting, and used it as a simulator for the real thing? I think that they should be held liable if something like that happened.

Yeah.................I like violence in my movies and games just like the next fella, but something like this pushes boundaries in a very bad way.
First paragraph is complete and utter bullshit.

No doubt this game shouldn't exist but would you sue Budweiser if a drunk driver hit you?

We have fallen so far from personal responsibility in this country it sickens me.

The child and his parents would be the only ones to blame if that happened.

PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION.
Exactly, thank you!!!

And if more folks felt this level of responsibility with THEM and THEIRS, maybe less mentally unbalanced kids will be put on pills and left to their own devices while their parents fuck off.
My oldest daughters school tried to get us to put her on those pills. The got an immediate middle finger from me.
There's a prescription pill epidemic going on in this Country, and the old and tired movies/music and video games is once again being invoked as the cause of the koo-koo.

It might suck balls that folks can't reason properly, but I'm not going to let it ruin my day or impede on my life. That's when it's going to matter. Bigly(sic)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
You know, this is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. What would be the reaction if a kid bought the game, played it as a shooter repeatedly to try to figure out the best way to do a shooting, and used it as a simulator for the real thing? I think that they should be held liable if something like that happened.

Yeah.................I like violence in my movies and games just like the next fella, but something like this pushes boundaries in a very bad way.

No doubt this game shouldn't exist but would you sue Budweiser if a drunk driver hit you?

We have fallen so far from personal responsibility in this country it sickens me.

Exactly, thank you!!!

And if more folks felt this level of responsibility with THEM and THEIRS, maybe less mentally unbalanced kids will be put on pills and left to their own devices while their parents fuck off.
My oldest daughters school tried to get us to put her on those pills. The got an immediate middle finger from me.
There's a prescription pill epidemic going on in this Country, and the old and tired movies/music and video games is once again being invoked as the cause of the koo-koo.

It might suck balls that folks can't reason properly, but I'm not going to let it ruin my day or impeded on my life. That's when it's going to matter. Bigly(sic)
It's an easy target for the left and the right. That way they can both agree despite completely missing the underlying issues.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Exactly, thank you!!!

It might suck balls that folks can't reason properly, but I'm not going to let it ruin my day or impeded on my life. That's when it's going to matter. Bigly(sic)
It's an easy target for the left and the right. That way they can both agree despite completely missing the underlying issues.
I'm going to be a rugged 1st Amendment advocate until I die - and that's for Religious nut-bars, thrill-seekers, leftists, rightists....idiots, violent people...I don't care. If folks need censorship, they need to do it on their own terms.

Exactly, thank you!!!

Wishin and hopin ain't gonna make it so, though.
I'm all for going after the ease of getting a mental illness prescription.
I'm all for educating parents on balancing their lives.

What I'm not for, is attacking the 1st Amendment because of some correlation that not only is ridiculous, but numbers proves does not exist. On Halloween, my kids know blood is fucking ketchup and if other kids can't decipher same - there's a deeper issue there and it's not the ketchup.

How I got up in your heads like this, I'll never know. It's flattering, I guess, but kinda creepy.

You're like angry children.
This is your m.o. when you don't have a rational argument to stand on. That's what's creepy, is that you're somehow able to take up oxygen.

Angry like children would be the cane-waving elderly like yourself in here whining about "culture these days" while fundamentally missing the point: it's in your and every other parent's hands. You lead by example, not by being a whiny child on a message-board. I'll feel free to own you more in the future, thanks.
Not to intrude on your argument with Mac, but while I agree it is our responsibility as parents to lead by example and raise our children to be decent human beings, I cannot parent them all. There are a lot of lost children who don't have parents who bother. We feed those kids; why do we not take any responsibility as a country to teach them not to murder?
If we had some huge issue with teaching kids "not to murder," then why are the number of murderers decreasing?

You can't really have sane discussions if you're unwilling to base them on reality. Also, I dont know where this anti-teaching kids campaign thingy is, or where you got it from...
You call the numbers, the statistics, reassuring. I say 10,000 gun homicides a year and a steadily increasing number of mass shootings is not reassuring. Those are the numbers I am looking at. I guess it's the glass half empty, half full.

I didn't say ANYWHERE that you were anti-teaching kids. I'm saying you can't teach them all. Neither can I. What is there to understand about that?
What I don't understand, is why you're anti statistics which easily disprove the video game/movie violence correlation with ACTUAL violence.............

and instead of going after the root cause, you'd much sooner attack the 1st amendment ENJOYMENT in a free society that we all get.....based on irrationality.
It's not irrational in the least. I'm not smart enough to say it right, I guess, but video games and entertainment that glorify shooting other humans with guns is sending a message to the players. Something is causing our culture to be accepting of shooting each other to death; even if we don't do it ourselves.

99% of the socialization we get in our lifetimes isn't explicitly taught. We learn it from observing how the people around us behave and how they react. Unspoken codes, what society finds acceptable.

It is not my imagination and the fact that fewer homicides are happening now than happened in the 1980's is pretty fucking cold comfort, G.T.

This is your m.o. when you don't have a rational argument to stand on. That's what's creepy, is that you're somehow able to take up oxygen.

Angry like children would be the cane-waving elderly like yourself in here whining about "culture these days" while fundamentally missing the point: it's in your and every other parent's hands. You lead by example, not by being a whiny child on a message-board. I'll feel free to own you more in the future, thanks.
Not to intrude on your argument with Mac, but while I agree it is our responsibility as parents to lead by example and raise our children to be decent human beings, I cannot parent them all. There are a lot of lost children who don't have parents who bother. We feed those kids; why do we not take any responsibility as a country to teach them not to murder?
If we had some huge issue with teaching kids "not to murder," then why are the number of murderers decreasing?

You can't really have sane discussions if you're unwilling to base them on reality. Also, I dont know where this anti-teaching kids campaign thingy is, or where you got it from...
You call the numbers, the statistics, reassuring. I say 10,000 gun homicides a year and a steadily increasing number of mass shootings is not reassuring. Those are the numbers I am looking at. I guess it's the glass half empty, half full.

I didn't say ANYWHERE that you were anti-teaching kids. I'm saying you can't teach them all. Neither can I. What is there to understand about that?
What I don't understand, is why you're anti statistics which easily disprove the video game/movie violence correlation with ACTUAL violence.............

and instead of going after the root cause, you'd much sooner attack the 1st amendment ENJOYMENT in a free society that we all get.....based on irrationality.
It's not irrational in the least. I'm not smart enough to say it right, I guess, but video games and entertainment that glorify shooting other humans with guns is sending a message to the players. Something is causing our culture to be accepting of shooting each other to death; even if we don't do it ourselves.

99% of the socialization we get in our lifetimes isn't explicitly taught. We learn it from observing how the people around us behave and how they react. Unspoken codes, what society finds acceptable.

It is not my imagination and the fact that fewer homicides are happening now than happened in the 1980's is pretty fucking cold comfort, G.T.
WE are NOT accepting shooting others.... as a culture. That's absurd!
YOU are willfully ignoring the facts. That's just data, numbers don't lie, your perspective based on sensationalized news MAY LIE.

WE as a culture kill people LESS since the 80s. LOOK IT UP, and then maybe you'll replace what you think "WE" accept with "ohh these few psychos ACCEPT."

And then.... saner minds can address these problems without being irrational.

Exactly, thank you!!!

Wishin and hopin ain't gonna make it so, though.
I'm all for going after the ease of getting a mental illness prescription.
I'm all for educating parents on balancing their lives.

What I'm not for, is attacking the 1st Amendment because of some correlation that not only is ridiculous, but numbers proves does not exist. On Halloween, my kids know blood is fucking ketchup and if other kids can't decipher same - there's a deeper issue there and it's not the ketchup.
I hear what you're saying about freedom of speech. I don't consider School Shooter "freedom of speech." That's ridiculous.

School shootings and our mental illness issues with big pharma are directly correlated. These shooters are rare, but it's not rare that they're sick and on pills.

Hmm, lemme think.

Whereas, overall, we are a less violent culture looking at the whole statistically. We've seen a dramatic decrease in overall violence since the crack epidemic (more mental issues) of the 1980s.

Hmm, lemme think.

Where can I....hmmm, I just can't seem to put my finger onto what's going on here......

Ohhhh, we are LESS violent as an overall Culture DESPITE an increase in violent movies, music and video games...(sweet); however, we don't seem to be willing to address the issue causing much of the violence that's left: MENTAL ILLNESS.

That's curious, seems folks want the feel good solution of censorship without doing the hard work of improving the size and scope of our addressing Mental Illness.

YOU are willfully ignoring the facts. That's just data, numbers don't lie, your perspective based on sensationalized news MAY LIE.

WE as a culture kill people LESS since the 80s. LOOK IT UP, and then maybe you'll replace what you think "WE" accept with "ohh these few psychos ACCEPT."

We're not going to come any closer to a meeting of the minds on this, are we? I got nothing else to add to my argument. Consider it a win, if you like.

We're not going to come any closer to a meeting of the minds on this, are we? I got nothing else to add to my argument. Consider it a win, if you like.
I'm not here to win anything, inefficiency just bothers me........... and attacking a freedom of everyone else's based on emotion ...and no rational correlation....... is an egregious response to a serious problem. Keep things to the facts and what they support - and the facts are that we're doing well in terms of violence as a culture, per capita, but we could tackle some of the issues causing what's left in a much more pragmatic fashion.

I remember back when i was kid that people said the same shit about music.
I listened to marilyn manson, gangsta rap and other music like that. Guess what?
Im 32 with a good job, great wife, great kids that need nothing and i will be completely debt free in three years and i never killed anyone. I also smoked pot since i was 16. Seems people like you guys were dead fucking wrong.
You are now those old people that you more than likely made fun of when you were kids. DrLove OldLady
At least i did. And still do because fear mongering is a cowards way out.

I ain't THAT much older than you TN. And no, I didn't laugh at people your age (or mine) when I was a kid.
As a point of clarification - No one is ever truly "debt free". Even if you have no outstanding loans .. you have a credit card I assume?
Cuz if not, you have no credit cards and you really only pay basic bills and cash for everything else - Your credit is gonna go to pot pretty quick. :)

When I was a kid, there were 9.5 Homicides per 100,000 United States Citizens. Now, it's closer to 5.
When I was a kid, there were HBO specials all about gang violence and street-wars....now, it's mostly just in pockets of the Country like Chicago and more of the gang-bangin is just lore in music these days.
When I was a kid, black folks were just turning the corner of being beaten, bullied and ridiculed just for being black. Now, we've had a Halfrican American President.
When I was a kid, there were fist fights almost every day at school....now, if there's even a kid breathing on another kid there's Officers called.
When I was a kid, kids hung themselves from trees because of the throes of being a teenager. Now, if anyone was bullied and offed themselves or even spoke out about being close??? There's a scorn on social media that last for weeks and involves millions of people supporting the victims and shunning the bullies.

When I was a kid, anyone LGBT was frowned upon and ridiculed, and there was a lot of mental illness caused by the anxiety that society placed on these folks just due to its nonacceptance of them, as a human. now, they can proudly Marry and nobody really scoffs at seeing gay folks mingling around and being just one of us regulars. Like they are.

Now ..........our differences as a culture are more with the Voting legions of the near-retired.

Folks my age, our NEW culture....are FAR less violent....FAR more accepting of all types of people and we watch a SHIT TON more violent movies and video games. Our music says fuck a lot, too. Shove that up your ass, Mac :thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

Last edited:
Its a damn video game, people.
If this is sooooo bad, why isnt EVERY game that kills people bad? What about movies? Comic books? STEPHEN KING! :eek:
Turn off your tv if you cant handle a little black box with led lights.

Common sense says you should'nt develop a video game reenacting kids killing kids at school. DUH.
We live in a violent culture and most have watched or played violent games for fun, but this is a bit much.

I listened to marilyn manson, gangsta rap and other music like that. Guess what?
Im 32 with a good job, great wife, great kids that need nothing and i will be completely debt free in three years and i never killed anyone. I also smoked pot since i was 16. Seems people like you guys were dead fucking wrong.
You are now those old people that you more than likely made fun of when you were kids. DrLove OldLady

I ain't THAT much older than you TN. And no, I didn't laugh at people your age (or mine) when I was a kid.
As a point of clarification - No one is ever truly "debt free". Even if you have no outstanding loans .. you have a credit card I assume?
Cuz if not, you have no credit cards and you really only pay basic bills and cash for everything else - Your credit is gonna go to pot pretty quick. :)
I sure did.
"thats music is bad for you. You are going to turn to crack and shooting up crazy shit living in the street! Turn on George strait damnit!"
My parents never said that but many people did. Luckily, my parents werent emotional knee jerkers like you :)
My point was, i have a home, a truck and my toys, and they will paid off by the time im 40. For someone that smoked joints and listened to crazy music, thats a slap in the face to those that judged me.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Its a damn video game, people.
If this is sooooo bad, why isnt EVERY game that kills people bad? What about movies? Comic books? STEPHEN KING! :eek:
Turn off your tv if you cant handle a little black box with led lights.

Common sense says you should'nt develop a video game reenacting kids killing kids at school. DUH.
We live in a violent culture and most have watched or played violent games for fun, but this is a bit much.
But shooting innocent people in the street and running over hookers with stolen cop cars is ok?
LOL ok

Read this you emotional dinosaurs
This game involves killing hookers, cops, dealing drugs, stealing, robbing, raping, gunning down entire areas of cities and all kinds of shit.
Probably the most popular game in history. Been around for decades.
ITS A VIDEO GAME THAT GETS PLAYED ON THE TV. RUN FOR THE GODDAMN HILLS!!

I sure did.
"thats music is bad for you. You are going to turn to crack and shooting up crazy shit living in the street! Turn on George strait damnit!"
My parents never said that but many people did. Luckily, my parents werent emotional knee jerkers like you :)
My point was, i have a home, a truck and my toys, and they will paid off by the time im 40. For someone that smoked joints and listened to crazy music, thats a slap in the face to those that judged me.

There will always be NEW toys my friend.
Personally, I use 12-18 month interest free credit to buy mine even if I have the cash available.
And just so you know - I STILL smoke joints and listen to crazy music. :cool-45:

GTA was fun as hell, I couldn't keep up with the stupid missions though so I sorta just freestyled it and beat the shit out of random Citizens walking by with either a baseball bat or a tire iron. :abgg2q.jpg:

Good lord, how sick is this shit ?!

Valve Criticized Over ‘Appalling’ School Shooting Game on Steam

One week after a student shot and killed 10 people in Santa Fe, Texas, digital video game storefront Steam and publisher Valve are being criticized for an upcoming game that lets the player kill civilians and cops in a school environment.

Active Shooter” comes out June 6 and calls itself a “dynamic S.W.A.T. simulator” where the player can be either a S.W.A.T. team member or the shooter. Developer Revived Games also plans to release a civilian survival mode where the player takes on the role of a civilian during a shooting.

A disclaimer on the game’s Steam page reads: “Please do not take any of this seriously. This is only meant to be the simulation and nothing else. If you feel like hurting someone or people around you, please seek help from local psychiatrists or dial 911 (or applicable). Thank you.”
I wouldn't play such a game....unless David Hogg and that bald chick were targets.

Forum List

Back